Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 03:29:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Can't stop Bitcoin from dropping down?  (Read 2135 times)
Mayuyu48

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 12:35:35 PM

just hold
after steady down price, it will come another pump Grin
buut little hope for this after big player like chinese out from market  Angry

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
spazzdla
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 12:46:33 PM
Last edit: April 24, 2014, 02:26:10 PM by spazzdla

One event to cause distrust in paper and we'll see bitcoin strap on rockets.

Fractional banking cannot last forever...  It is 100% not possible to have expoential economics and finite resources.. when it comes to the end.... let us hope the blind, deaf and stupid debt slaves will wake up and attempt to free themselves from the bondage they were born into.. but I have my doubts.
njcarlos

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 01:55:16 PM

I'm deft
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 03:08:57 PM

Yet-Another-Sad Late-To-The-Party-And-All-The-Hot-Chicks-Are-Taken thread.  Cry

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
Jr65

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 03:26:00 PM

Did someone really just say that "Wall St. ($) was flooding in?" Wall St.? Chirp! Chirp! Crickets...and a few distant laughs! Not! Wall St. players invest with other peoples' money and if you think that they are going to start risking their careers and the financial lives of their clients for something as risky and new as BTC, you are insane. Way down the road, if BTC is still around and built out properly...maybe?!
spazzdla
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 03:31:51 PM

Did someone really just say that "Wall St. ($) was flooding in?" Wall St.? Chirp! Chirp! Crickets...and a few distant laughs! Not! Wall St. players invest with other peoples' money and if you think that they are going to start risking their careers and the financial lives of their clients for something as risky and new as BTC, you are insane. Way down the road, if BTC is still around and built out properly...maybe?!

Do google Kevin O'leary's view on bitcoin.  You actually think they would bring banners and horns and announce to the world they are buying up bitcoin? 
igorr

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 05:52:46 PM

Some predict that Bitcoin will continue to fall down
And looks like there's nothing can push up the price.

Just MtGox can push up the price.  Smiley

Cлaвьcя, Oтeчecтвo нaшe cвoбoднoe,
Бpaтcкиx нapoдoв coюз вeкoвoй,
Пpeдкaми дaннaя мyдpocть нapoднaя!
Cлaвьcя, cтpaнa! Mы гopдимcя тoбoй!
Wandererfromthenorth

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 06:03:12 PM

China out of the game? what are you guise talking about did I miss something?
BTC China bank deposits work perfectly and they didn't even receive a notice from PBoC.
I don't remember in the end what happened with OkCoin or Huobi but if chinamen want to deposit money to buy BTC they can do it without problem.

Or not?
aeciocoin

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 08:45:20 PM

The Only way, it can be increased is when the chinese people are back into the game. You will see how the price will be increased.

REFUND ME!!!!!! 0.5btc isn't yours!
Wilhelm
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1265

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 11:49:57 PM

Bitcoin was the first prototype of a cryptocurrency but as time passes, it is slowly but surely losing its hegemony.
This was maybe the last bubble targeting specifically Bitcoin.
Next bubbles will increasingly push next generation coins to the forefront.
As for China, it won't come back through Bitcoin, but maybe new designs that play better with fiat can help reopening the flood gate.
Right. I could see Bitcoin in an encyclopedia:  "The very first decentralized cryptocurrency. It wasn't like the currencies you may know today, such as Cosmos. It took at least 10 minutes to do a transfer, the client took 10GB of disk space, and the network consumed massive amounts of energy resources, relying on a brute force approach to security."

I'll get flamed for this, but I have to say Peercoin's blockchain is below 300mb after a year and a half, and PoS makes it pretty much immune to 51% attacks while requiring very few ressource.

Just sayin'. Carry on.

Size of blockchain has been discussed many times and there are solutions.
Other than that I'd like to know if Peercoin has done as many transactions as bitcoin. Ultimately the blockchain has all transactions so every successful coin has a big blockchain.

(My opinion =>) Proof of stake is inflation since holding a coin gives more money. This becomes a loophole to create more coins and turns a coin into a pyramid scheme. This is bad for your coin and bad for the economy, money must flow.

Bitcoin is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get !!
wachtwoord
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 12:25:22 AM

Bitcoin was the first prototype of a cryptocurrency but as time passes, it is slowly but surely losing its hegemony.
As for China, it won't come back through Bitcoin, but maybe new designs that play better with fiat can help reopening the flood gate.
Right. I could see Bitcoin in an encyclopedia:  "The very first decentralized cryptocurrency. It wasn't like the currencies you may know today, such as Cosmos. It took at least 10 minutes to do a transfer, the client took 10GB of disk space, and the network consumed massive amounts of energy resources, relying on a brute force approach to security."

Haha very nice. It's 29.1 GB right now btw Wink
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 04:50:16 AM

Haha very nice. It's 29.1 GB right now btw Wink
More likely the Encyclopedia Galactica will read: "Bitcoin was the very last store of value called 'money' used since primitive early civilizations. It freed people from the imaginary borders called 'countries' and the barbaric laws placed upon their subjects."

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: