Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 11:51:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][MRO] Monero - an anonymous coin based on CryptoNote technology  (Read 23506 times)
tromp
Legendary

Activity: 976
Merit: 1076

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 08:07:27 PM

been mining for hrs with 4h and on other comp at 2h.... nothing found. yet 150k coins out out already. well that was yesterday. more now that more blocks are found...

whats the point to keep mining this. if i will find 15 coins in 24 hrs while others have in tens of thousands. This was suppose to be a fork of bytecoin to fix their problems...

but if i cant mine this. few days from lunch , how will this be appealing later?

also there must be an enhances miner or a private mining pool mining this. there no way 150k coin are mined in 5 days but i can't mine any with 2-4 H

Theres a lot of miners. its not like there are only a handful of miners.. I went all weekend and didn't find a block on hashrate 11.xx.  You people are going nuts over some of this stuff.  Its like a scrypt release if your GPU mining solo and there is high demand guess what, you don't get blocks!  Happens to me all the time.  Luckily with this it can be mined in the background and even a low hashrate should net a few blocks by the end of the week

its not about me not mining a block. its about being 5 days late and not mining anything. its about me having a normal computer chip with 6 threads and not being able to mine anything 5 day later. while few people own 150k+ coins already.

this coin was forket because it was too late to mine Byte coin and %80 already were mined in bytecoin. this coin was forket to give people a new chance to use cryptonotes. it was suppose to be fair.

Well guess what, it is not.

disclaimer: i currently own 0 bytecoin, have not tried to mine byte coin due to all the coins being mined already.

Could the difference between a successful and an unsuccessful miner be explained by one having a recent intel-cpu with hardware AES support?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
mickey_miner

Activity: 910
Merit: 250

Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 08:08:27 PM

been mining for hrs with 4h and on other comp at 2h.... nothing found. yet 150k coins out out already. well that was yesterday. more now that more blocks are found...

whats the point to keep mining this. if i will find 15 coins in 24 hrs while others have in tens of thousands. This was suppose to be a fork of bytecoin to fix their problems...

but if i cant mine this. few days from lunch , how will this be appealing later?

also there must be an enhances miner or a private mining pool mining this. there no way 150k coin are mined in 5 days but i can't mine any with 2-4 H

Theres a lot of miners. its not like there are only a handful of miners.. I went all weekend and didn't find a block on hashrate 11.xx.  You people are going nuts over some of this stuff.  Its like a scrypt release if your GPU mining solo and there is high demand guess what, you don't get blocks!  Happens to me all the time.  Luckily with this it can be mined in the background and even a low hashrate should net a few blocks by the end of the week

its not about me not mining a block. its about being 5 days late and not mining anything. its about me having a normal computer chip with 6 threads and not being able to mine anything 5 day later. while few people own 150k+ coins already.

this coin was forket because it was too late to mine Byte coin and %80 already were mined in bytecoin. this coin was forket to give people a new chance to use cryptonotes. it was suppose to be fair.

disclaimer: i currently own 0 bytecoin, have not tried to mine byte coin due to all the coins being mined already.

You must make sure blockchain is synced before start mining.  If not then miner just sits. 

You should see :

You are now synchronized with the network. You may now start simplewallet.

Please note, that the blockchain will be saved only after you quit the daemon wi
th "exit" command or if you use "save" command.
Otherwise, you will possibly need to synchronize the blockchain again.

Then something

2014-Apr-24 13:05:02.847260 [P2P3][107.158.233.98:50217 INC] SYNCHRONIZED OK

Then start mining.  Blockchain needs to synched

,gaaaaaaaagaaaaaaaaaaaaagaaaaaaaag,
           ,aP8b    _,dYba,       ,adPb,_    d8Ya,
         ,aP"  Yb_,dP"   "Yba, ,adP"   "Yb,_dP  "Ya,
       ,aP"    _88"         )888(         "88_    "Ya,
     ,aP"   _,dP"Yb      ,adP"8"Yba,      dP"Yb,_   "Ya,
   ,aPYb _,dP8    Yb  ,adP"   8   "Yba,  dP    8Yb,_ dPYa,
 ,aP"  YdP" dP     YbdP"      8      "YbdP     Yb "YbP  "Ya,
I8aaaaaa8aaa8baaaaaa88aaaaaaaa8aaaaaaaa88aaaaaad8aaa8aaaaaa8I
`Yb,   d8a, Ya      d8b,      8      ,d8b      aP ,a8b   ,dP'
  "Yb,dP "Ya "8,   dI "Yb,    8    ,dP" Ib   ,8" aP" Yb,dP"
    "Y8,   "YaI8, ,8'   "Yb,  8  ,dP"   `8, ,8IaP"   ,8P"
      "Yb,   `"Y8ad'      "Yb,8,dP"      `ba8P"'   ,dP"
        "Yb,    `"8,        "Y8P"        ,8"'    ,dP"
          "Yb,    `8,         8         ,8'    ,dP"
            "Yb,   `Ya        8        aP'   ,dP"
              "Yb,   "8,      8      ,8"   ,dP"
                "Yb,  `8,     8     ,8'  ,dP" 
                  "Yb, `Ya    8    aP' ,dP"   
                    "Yb, "8,  8  ,8" ,dP"
                      "Yb,`8, 8 ,8',dP"
                        "Yb,Ya8aP,dP"
                          "Y88888P"
                            "Y8P"
                              "       

Free TON

PEER-TO-PEER MULTY-BLOCKCHAIN SYSTEM
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬.
▬▬▬TON SURF - OFFICIAL WALLET.

▄███████████████████▄
        █████████████████████
▄█████  █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
███     █████████████████████
██████  █████████████████████
███████ ▀███████████████████▀
▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▀████
  ████▌                 ██ 
  ▐██▌                     
   █▌

TELEGRAM
FORUM
WIKI
David Latapie

Activity: 658
Merit: 503

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2014, 08:09:31 PM

why in gods name are you posting ANN topics in main ?

there is no conceivable way in hell you didn't know better.

if you do this ? i'm out .
The moderator was contacted (theymos, I think) to move the thread but did not act. Deleting it was the first option but someone have reply before it was possible

Monero: the first crytocurrency to bring bank secrecy and net neutrality to the blockchain.HyperStake: pushing the limits of staking.
Reputation threadFree bitcoins: reviews, hints…: freebitco.in, freedoge.co.in, qoinpro
cryptowho

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

Ask me about Karmacoin

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 08:14:44 PM

You must make sure blockchain is synced before start mining.  If not then miner just sits. 

You should see :

You are now synchronized with the network. You may now start simplewallet.

Please note, that the blockchain will be saved only after you quit the daemon wi
th "exit" command or if you use "save" command.
Otherwise, you will possibly need to synchronize the blockchain again.

Then something

2014-Apr-24 13:05:02.847260 [P2P3][107.158.233.98:50217 INC] SYNCHRONIZED OK

Then start mining.  Blockchain needs to synched

yes synched, i do receive that msg.

print_block height 10000 . says its only up to 9700 so i believe i am all synched. and been synched for a while. i will mine for one more day non stop and see that i get.

looking for C++ coders , web-dev and coin-devs to join karmacoin team. We are trying to expand. we have so many goals. Challenge accepted?  PM me.
mickey_miner

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 08:20:40 PM

The moderator was contacted (theymos, I think) to move the thread but did not act. Deleting it was the first option but someone have reply before it was possible

Yes this thread need moved to ANN section.  Why not mod move?

"Yb, "8,  8  ,8" ,dP"
                      "Yb,`8, 8 ,8',dP"
                        "Yb,Ya8aP,dP"
                          "Y88888P"
                            "Y8P"
                              "       

Free TON

▄███████████████████▄
        █████████████████████
  ████▌                 ██ 
  ▐██▌                     
   █▌

TELEGRAM
FORUM
WIKI
tacotime
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1005

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 08:21:32 PM

Yeah, we've been trying to get the thread moved but it looks like Alt Currencies has no moderator (formerly it was Salty Spitoon).

Code:
XMR: 44GBHzv6ZyQdJkjqZje6KLZ3xSyN1hBSFAnLP6EAqJtCRVzMzZmeXTC2AHKDS9aEDTRKmo6a6o9r9j86pYfhCWDkKjbtcns
mickey_miner

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 08:27:38 PM

If mod not move then new thread in ANN with link to this thread and explain why

"Yb, "8,  8  ,8" ,dP"
                      "Yb,`8, 8 ,8',dP"
                        "Yb,Ya8aP,dP"
                          "Y88888P"
                            "Y8P"
                              "       

Free TON

▄███████████████████▄
        █████████████████████
  ████▌                 ██ 
  ▐██▌                     
   █▌

TELEGRAM
FORUM
WIKI
knightcoin

Activity: 238

Stand on the shoulders of giants

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 08:29:22 PM

For the record I approve of the voting process.

I do not approve of merged mining. It hurts this coin more than it helps it. With what we have done here we can easily build the largest and most secure network using the cryptonote design. We're well on our way to doing that already.

We should just go our own way, and leave bytecoin and its ninja-preminers to do the same.

That is my view.  

You can always make your own fork if you do not agree with developer's position Wink

did you just tell him to go fork himself?  Grin

lol, classic ..

you going to like that video ...
The Wolf of Wall Street: Just the 'F' Words - Supercut
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mn49DiI9Gag

http://www.introversion.co.uk/
mit/x11 licence 18.x/16|o|3ffe ::71
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 08:36:12 PM

You should get a block a day or so. There may be something wrong with your setup, but then again it could be luck. I mine bitcoin on p2pool and sometimes when we had a hash rate for one block per day we've gotten no block for 4-5 days. It happens.

3LEM3NT

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 08:37:44 PM

Is this really anonymous?

Can anyone make a clearcut argument as to how it would not be?

jasemoney
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1008

Forget-about-it

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 08:40:58 PM

Theres a lot of miners. its not like there are only a handful of miners.. I went all weekend and didn't find a block on hashrate 11.xx.  You people are going nuts over some of this stuff.  Its like a scrypt release if your GPU mining solo and there is high demand guess what, you don't get blocks!  Happens to me all the time.  Luckily with this it can be mined in the background and even a low hashrate should net a few blocks by the end of the week

you need more time.  Try showing up to HVC 5 days after launch with a desktop and seeif you solve a block.  Point your rigs at it Monero for 2 days and see what happens.  You can still gpu mine if you do that, and the computer is still usable, but claiming anyone who got here first is on the richlist is madness, theres 30k coins a day Doge puts out that number in a milisecond.  I would be interested to see the wealth distribution.  I mined since day1 and i have ~200 heck i feel cheated Wink

$MAID & $BTC other than that some short hodls and some long held garbage.
David Latapie

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2014, 08:43:20 PM

Is this really anonymous?

Can anyone make a clearcut argument as to how it would not be?
I can't find the exact location at the moment, but I read on the white paper that it is not fully anonymous because full anonymity could not prevent double-spending. According to the author, still Cryptonote is easier to handle than Zerocoin (they do not talk about Darkcoin, which did not exist at the time they wrote the white paper. The white paper is I believe the best document to read.

Monero: the first crytocurrency to bring bank secrecy and net neutrality to the blockchain.HyperStake: pushing the limits of staking.
Reputation threadFree bitcoins: reviews, hints…: freebitco.in, freedoge.co.in, qoinpro
crowning

Activity: 212

Activity: -42

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 08:44:09 PM

"Error: wallet failed to connect to daemon (http://localhost:18081). Daemon either is not started or passed wrong port.
Please, make sure that daemon is running or restart the wallet with correct daemon address."

The daemon is running, started syncing with the network, and is according to its own log listening on its default port (log:  "Core rpc server initialized OK on port: 18081").

There's no local firewall, and I also started daemon and wallet with a different port number.

A telnet to localhost on port 18081 works, so someone is listening.

Do I have to wait until the daemon has fully synced?

Oh, and where is the blockchain persisted?

David Latapie

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2014, 08:46:07 PM

Do I have to wait until the daemon has fully synced?
Yes.

Oh, and where is the blockchain persisted?
~/.bitmonero/ on Linux. Probably %APPDATA/bitmonero on Windows? Name is blockchain.bin

crowning

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 08:51:09 PM

~/.bitmonero/ on Linux. Probably %APPDATA/bitmonero on Windows? Name is blockchain.bin

Thanks for the sync-info.

Unfortunately there's no blockchain.bin (searched the complete drive), but maybe I have to wait here also.
David Latapie

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2014, 08:52:13 PM

Unfortunately there's no blockchain.bin (searched the complete drive), but maybe I have to wait here also.
Hidden folder Smiley
Windows?

crowning

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 08:53:48 PM

Hidden folder Smiley
Windows?

Hidden folders are visible...for now I'll just wait.

If nothing happens till tomorrow I'll build the Linux wallet.
David Latapie

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2014, 08:55:24 PM

Hidden folder Smiley
Windows?

If you're on Linux, did you try
Code:
locate .bitmonero

mickey_miner

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 09:03:31 PM

Thanks for the sync-info.

You have to type save then enter in bitmonerod before it is written to hard drive

Edit:

must use "save" in bitmonerod before exit or synch from last save will not be written to har drive

"Yb, "8,  8  ,8" ,dP"
                      "Yb,`8, 8 ,8',dP"
                        "Yb,Ya8aP,dP"
                          "Y88888P"
                            "Y8P"
                              "       

Free TON

▄███████████████████▄
        █████████████████████
  ████▌                 ██ 
  ▐██▌                     
   █▌

TELEGRAM
FORUM
WIKI
mickey_miner

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 09:06:50 PM

Hidden folder Smiley
Windows?

user/appdata/bitmonero

blockchain.bin will not be written unless "save" is used in bitmonerod.  Save after synching and before exit.