NLNico
Legendary
hacker

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1289

DiceSites.com owner

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2014, 08:29:41 AM

The first reply to the first thread was written almost 3 months after Satoshi made it.  Cheesy
A 3 month wait for a reply on a forum is an eternity. Wonder if he gave up hope for the sites success at like 2 1/2 month after his post? lol
No.

That second post is just the first reply to that topic. There were other posts/topics before that. That post of February 01, 2010, 05:37:29 PM has ID #188. So there were like 188 posts in that 2 months.

Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
boumalo
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1018

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2014, 12:30:06 PM

satoshi
Founder

You could actually talk to Satoshi; is he still active in the community but doesn't want to say he is satoshi not to influence it too much, did he disappear? Or was he a group of persons? I bet for the first choice.
As with any member you have the choice of being shown "Offline" i'm sure he is lurking on the forums and reading....Maybe he has another username now?

It would make more sense to have a new username, the admins or at least some of them would see if he logs in and lurk
I don't think the Admin theymos would say if he is or not online.   In fact  I think He must know him personally or at least know of who he is. If not him then sirius does....sites don't change hands without knowing "Details"

Usually not but this may be an exception; Theymos may have meet Satoshi or talk to him without knowing his identity

We will know when he will write his memories in 60years or when the sh.it will hit the fan and stories will pop up

greenteanosugar

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 07:11:51 PM

I always wonder how it all began. I do not believe that the first not test posts were Satoshi's posts!
boumalo
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2014, 11:44:23 AM

I always wonder how it all began. I do not believe that the first not test posts were Satoshi's posts!

Why? He created the forum, didn't he?

Wikipedia : "Before the creation of the current BitcoinTalk Forum, Satoshi used a SourceForge forum. When Sirius provided hosting, the forum was moved to bitcoin.org/smf. Satoshi made several custom modifications to the forum software and theme.

Satoshi's first non-test post on the forum was:

I left the admin account set to the original SMF theme so if I somehow completely wedge the custom theme I can still get in to fix it.

I've got a neat little 12x12 coin image to replace those pip stars with. Should look nice. Also some nice button images to try.

The registration page has "hide your e-mail address" unchecked by default. I must fix that in php before we can open up.

The Announcements forum is currently moderator access only."

jambola2
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1038

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 02:34:44 PM

satoshi
Founder

You could actually talk to Satoshi; is he still active in the community but doesn't want to say he is satoshi not to influence it too much, did he disappear? Or was he a group of persons? I bet for the first choice.

He hasn't posted in 3.5 years.

It is most likely that he has another account that he uses to check on his 'child' , but I'd not bet on him still using his account.

No longer active on bitcointalk, however, you can still reach me via PMs if needed.
boumalo
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2014, 08:24:23 PM

satoshi
Founder

It is most likely that he has another account that he uses to check on his 'child' , but I'd not bet on him still using his account.

He can check the posts without logging to his satoshi's account

Can a moderator tell us if satoshi logged in in the last 3.5years?

Soappa

Activity: 569
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 08:47:48 PM

satoshi
Founder

If satoshi log in his account, you should see a change in the "Last Active" section in his profile.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=3

So, the answer is no Sad

boumalo
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2014, 07:53:54 PM

satoshi
Founder

If satoshi log in his account, you should see a change in the "Last Active" section in his profile.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=3

So, the answer is no Sad

Right

Last Active:   December 13, 2010, 04:45:41 PM

I don't mind not knowing what happened but I wonder how many people know, I would guess 8-30 people know way more than what we know about the fact he disappeared; did he want to leave Bitcoin grow without his shadow or did he misbehave and had to leave?

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: