Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 03:32:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Install Linuxcoin in Hard Disk  (Read 1994 times)
worldinacoin (OP)

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 04, 2011, 11:21:33 AM

I had an old computer, can't boot properly from USB, thinking of installing Linuxcoin on the booting hard disk.  Is there any instructions?  Linuxcoin looks like for USB drives only.
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
runeks
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2012, 07:43:48 PM

This worked for me. Look at the following video to get an idea of what is going on. I had to add some commands as GRUB wouldn't install properly (because of some security stuff).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pP48GhFKDAQ

All these commands are run from within Linuxcoin, with the hard drive you wish to install it on attached.

Commands:

replace /dev/sdXX with the partition you want the root file system (ext4) on (mine is /dev/sda1). And replace /dev/sdX with the disk on which the root file system is (mine is /dev/sda).
Code:
#open root terminal
mkdir /mnt/hdd
mount /dev/sdXX /mnt/hdd
cd /
cp --preserve -R {bin,boot,etc,home,initrd.img,lib,lib32,lib64,opt,root,run,sbin,selinux,srv,usr,var,vmlinuz} /mnt/hdd
mkdir /mnt/hdd/{dev,media,mnt,proc,sys,tmp}
cd /mnt/
mount -o bind /dev hdd/dev
mount -t proc /proc hdd/proc
mount -o bind /sys hdd/sys
chroot hdd
export DEBIAN_FRONTEND=noninteractive
apt-get update
apt-get install grub
for i in $(ls /usr/sbin | grep grub); do paxctl -C /usr/sbin/$i; paxctl -cEr /usr/sbin/$i; done
for i in $(ls /usr/bin | grep grub); do paxctl -C /usr/bin/$i; paxctl -cEr /usr/bin/$i; done
update-grub
grub-install /dev/sdX
exit
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: