Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 01:51:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: My experience with Ghash.io .. Miners becareful about ghash.io  (Read 2410 times)
tgrbd (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 03:19:11 AM

I started mining few weeks ago. After several experiment, I started mining with ghash.io.
Everything was fine until yesterday except downtime of their site. I was earning steadily
from this pool.

To improve connectivity I used their ip(stratum+tcp://88.150.205.242:3333)
instead of stratum+tcp://uk1.ghash.io:3333. I found no problem with it. Everything was
ok in my account with ghash.io. It was showing shiftworks, shares, hash rate, changes
in hash rate etc. perfectly.

However yesterday ghash.io was getting fewer blocks than usual. I checked
blockchain.info and found that blocks found with ip(88.150.205.242) were not distributed
among the miners. Only blocks found with ghash.io were shared with miners.

Very interestingly after my complaint ghash.io is again getting block in their usual manner.

Screenshots are shown here:
https://sites.google.com/site/bitcoin4bd/

My concerns
1. Is it really matters in using ip:port or domain:port
2. If ip:port is not acceptable, why the site showing all my info
3. Are they stealing BTC from miner secretly?

Waiting for their reply.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
DaveF
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 6271

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2014, 12:28:13 PM

I don't mine with GH that much, I use them for testing when setting up new equipment.

However in the internet world I can tell you that if you look up an address you will get an IP but that IP might not be that address.
OR to put it more simply.

www.somesite.net = 1.2.3.4
BUT
1.2.3.4 might not = www.somesite.net

with host headers and other things you can have several sites (or in this case stratum servers) on 1 IP.
Using the above example
www.somesite.com = 1.2.3.4
www.someothersite.com = 1.2.3.4
www.atestsite.net = 1.2.3.4
www.yetanothersite.biz = 1.2.3.4

IF uk1.ghash.io is not the default site on that IP but rather privateuseforsomepeople.ghash.net or internaluse.ghash.io it's not their problem. They did not tell you to connect to the IP, you did that on your own.

-Dave

Sorry if the above is a bit snippy, but I have been dealing with people hard coding IPs into things for years and it ALWAYS causes problems in the end. 

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
HellDiverUK

Activity: 1246
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 12:37:27 PM

Most likely some Cloudflare server's IP or something similar. 

I suggest the OP refrains on posting threads like this until he/she gets a clue.  A little knowledge is dangerous.
tgrbd (OP)

Activity: 5

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 02:31:18 PM

Thanks a lot for your suggestions.

Interestingly, though I was using IP, in ghash account stats was showing
everything perfectly.

general lee

Activity: 56

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 10:59:34 AM

I think BTC GUILD much better
Lucko

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 07:45:40 PM

This is an attack that is redirecting miners to that IP. It is happening on all(well not sure but I know BTCGuild, Ghash, Slush and Eligius are affected and it is not limited to BTC only scrypt is also affected) the pools...
eleuthria
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1007

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 08:25:10 PM

This is an attack that is redirecting miners to that IP. It is happening on all(well not sure but I know BTCGuild, Ghash, Slush and Eligius are affected and it is not limited to BTC only scrypt is also affected) the pools...

I've yet to see a single report of a BTC Guild miner being directed elsewhere.  I've had somebody claim they saw a connection from another pool redirected to a BTC Guild account, but the report was false (the account they claimed to be redirected to doesn't even exist, and I don't believe the attack can actually change worker credentials).

RIP BTC Guild, April 2011 - June 2015
Lucko

Activity: 826

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 09:07:23 PM

I've yet to see a single report of a BTC Guild miner being directed elsewhere.  I've had somebody claim they saw a connection from another pool redirected to a BTC Guild account, but the report was false (the account they claimed to be redirected to doesn't even exist, and I don't believe the attack can actually change worker credentials).
It happened to me. It happened to all miner at about same time. They were on BTCGuild, ScryptGuild, Ghesh and Eligius. So don't think you are not effected...

19 rigs 4 locations 2 different ISP...
KyrosKrane

Activity: 295
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2014, 11:46:03 AM

It happened to me. It happened to all miner at about same time. They were on BTCGuild, ScryptGuild, Ghesh and Eligius. So don't think you are not effected...

19 rigs 4 locations 2 different ISP...
I don't think this would affect p2pool, would it? Particularly if you're mining on a local node, not a remote one.

Tips and donations: 1KyrosREGDkNLp1rMd9wfVwfkXYHTd6j5U  |  BTC P2Pool node: p2pool.kyros.info:9332
opentoe
Legendary

Activity: 1274

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2014, 10:50:13 PM

This entire system is BETA. That should explain a few things. Learn how to use Ghash better, you can get more out of them.

Need help with your Newznab usenet indexer? http://www.newznabforums.com
KyrosKrane

Activity: 295
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2014, 05:52:29 AM

This entire system is BETA. That should explain a few things. Learn how to use Ghash better, you can get more out of them.

This ... is impressively cryptic. Which system? What does it explain? How can we "get more out of them"?

Tips and donations: 1KyrosREGDkNLp1rMd9wfVwfkXYHTd6j5U  |  BTC P2Pool node: p2pool.kyros.info:9332
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: