Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 06:27:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What exchange to list IPO/Project on?  (Read 1881 times)
NotLambchop

Activity: 378
Merit: 254

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 03:01:53 PM

i don't know all of the securities on havelock as well as i should, but i know PETA trades above IPO price.

Lol, of all the securities being traded on Havelock, PETA is THE ONLY ONE trading above IPO.  Pays to familiarize yourself with the topic you weigh in on Smiley

inb4 "but ASICMINER!":  That was listed on Havelock @4.5, currently trading @0.50

your missing the point. as i said, serious businesses don't turn over huge profits within their first six months.

havelock offers the best security for investors and an environment where long-term business's can grow.

if you want mickymouse securities then head over to cryptostocks.

See edit above:
"Your claim that "very few serious business propositions will see a high return in their first six months" is absolutely irrelevant.  Serious businesses may not show profit for years, but their share price doesn't plummet within weeks of IPO."

Further, Havelock is in teh panic mode.  Its own share price has plummeted since it has missed its profit projections by an order of magnitude.  It's listing junk securities like Seedcoin II -- a startup raising money to invest in startups. <==Not shitting you.

Seedcoin I, of course, is trading below IPO Sad
mikemikemike
Copper Member

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 03:04:56 PM

i don't know all of the securities on havelock as well as i should, but i know PETA trades above IPO price.

Lol, of all the securities being traded on Havelock, PETA is THE ONLY ONE trading above IPO.  Pays to familiarize yourself with the topic you weigh in on Smiley

inb4 "but ASICMINER!":  That was listed on Havelock @4.5, currently trading @0.50

your missing the point. as i said, serious businesses don't turn over huge profits within their first six months.

havelock offers the best security for investors and an environment where long-term business's can grow.

if you want mickymouse securities then head over to cryptostocks.

See edit above:
"Your claim that "very few serious business propositions will see a high return in their first six months" is absolutely irrelevant.  Serious businesses may not show profit for years, but their share price doesn't plummet within weeks of IPO."

well then the businesses should have set lower IPO prices. this is nothing to do with havelocks competency as a securities exchange.

and im sorry, but how is a hedgefund that invests in bitcoin startups a bad idea? most people would love to invest in bitcoin startups, this gives them a way of doing it without all the hassle and the need for large amounts of funds.

your arguements are baseless. you clearly have no ideas about stocks or securities outside the bitcoin world.
NotLambchop

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 03:07:47 PM

Of course it does.  Vetting ridiculous "businesses" with absurdly high self-valuations is the hallmark of scammy exchanges.

Re. Seedcoin II:  Seedcoin I is failing, with advertised projects backing out.  Is it investing the freed coin into this new promising startup, Seedcoin II?  Hell no.  Why?
So much fail here...

Finally, why would anyone with half a brain hand coin over to a "fund manager" with secure bitcoin exchanges, like Havelock, around?  There's no barrier to entry whatsoever -- feel free to invest lunch money.

And finally finally, re. "no ideas about stocks or securities outside the bitcoin world.":  This is Bitcoin, brah.  The shit that passes for "securities" here wouldn't pass for toilet paper IRL.
mikemikemike
Copper Member

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 03:12:58 PM

thats not the fault of the securities exchanges that the value has gone down, what your forgetting is the fragile nature of bitcoin investors looking for a quick profit; when they find there first dividend isn't coming for a year or they are not getting 100% returns straight away they jump ship. this doesn't mean the exchange is less credible or the businesses themselves are not viable.

there is no barrier to entry? your joking me right? havelock is one of the, if not thee strictest exchange to get listed on and is known for its extensive due diligence.

im done replying to your FUD. your inexperience and lack of understanding of the securities world is laughable.

also, please stop making edits. either say what you men't in the first place or don't say it at all.
minerpart

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

IIIIII====II====IIIIII

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 03:16:02 PM

Mirceau you haven't got a friggin clue about the real world. Most realworld startups trade below IPO - infact most startups fail! That is 100% the norm - and an in a high risk BTC industry where BTC has fallen significantly that is even more likely.

'Most people who have invested in initial public offerings, or IPOs, in the last three years have lost money. Shares of two out of three companies which have listed during the period are trading below their issue price.'

THAT IS A QUOTE ABOUT REAL WORLD COMPANIES!!
http://businesstoday.intoday.in/story/ipos-trading-below-issue-price-good-picks-in-current-market/1/190091.html

SO MUCH FAIL? Yes from you!
 Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

And you RUN an exchange??? Shocked Shocked Shocked
NotLambchop

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 03:19:02 PM

thats not the fault of the securities exchanges that the value has gone down, what your forgetting is the fragile nature of bitcoin investors looking for a quick profit; when they find there first dividend isn't coming for a year or they are not getting 100% returns straight away they jump ship. this doesn't mean the exchange is less credible or the businesses themselves are not viable.

there is no barrier to entry? your joking me right? havelock is one of the, if not thee strictest exchange to get listed on and is known for its extensive due diligence.

im done replying to your FUD. your inexperience and lack of understanding of the securities world is laughable.

By "no barrier to entry," I'm talking about investors -- the idiots that would buy Seedcoin.  I have no idea what the vetting process is for Havelock, but just in the last month two securities packed up and said kthxbi! (see COG).
NotLambchop

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 03:21:17 PM

@minerpart: Return to your containment thread.  Or Dr.Benway Angry

@minerpart:

"The road to mental health is just around the corner!" ~Dr.Evans
rethink-your-strategy

Activity: 173
Merit: 182

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 03:24:54 PM

Well now you're just being insulting. I've wandered across his/her posts (mpoe-pr?) and read some of his blog posts, but I am not him. I'm not a big fan of his snark, even though I must begrudgingly admit that he is very often right about many of the scammers. On the other hand, you just sound like a small, angry man, who needs to childishly lash out at me because I don't agree with your opinion. Go have something to drink and we'll talk later, ok buddy? <3 you lots like jelly tots.

This is exactly what I mean OP.

This account was registered today just to back up MPEx. So you are reading the words of Mirceau Popescu - a Billionaire. Can you see the level the guy is on? He is a snidey immature little lost soul. A pathetic creature. That's not my prejudice - it's just factual! If you want to entrust your business to some Romanian guy who thinks it correct to behave like this and thinks it's right to try to destroy other businesses in the Bitcoin community then don't say you weren't warned.

Well, shit, I wish I was a billionaire. Seriously. I appreciate the effort you're putting in to this argument, but I genuinely am not "Mirceau Popescu". My account is freshly registered because I wanted to post this: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=579498.msg6386721#msg6386721 without opening my regular account up to scrutiny.

I do not think MPEX is the only exchange or the best exchange or anything like that. I was actually quite fond of BTCTC (and Burnside's other exchange, litecoinglobal, wasn't half bad) before it closed. I liked the approval and voting process, and I felt that it had a lot of potential. I was saddened by its closing. BitFunder, on the other hand, I saw coming a mile away - just trying to get on WeExchange was a ballache for no good reason.
mikemikemike
Copper Member

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 03:25:16 PM

By "no barrier to entry," I'm talking about investors -- the idiots that would buy Seedcoin.  I have no idea what the vetting process is for Havelock, but just in the last month two securities packed up and said kthxbi! (see COG).

you think a hedge fund investing in major bitcoin startups is a bad idea? and since when should investors have barriers to entry?

as a serious investor, not some kid with a computer, your an absolute idiot.

im trying not to reply back to your stupidity but my restraint is just not as strong as it should be.

OP, if you want some serious advice please contact me. this thread is just turning into a massive troll fest and im not going to be apart of it.

Welcome to bitcointalk.
NotLambchop

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 03:32:51 PM

you think a hedge fund investing in major bitcoin startups is a bad idea? and since when should investors have barriers to entry?

Seedcoin is not a "hedge fund."  It is a d00d on the intertubes asking you for coin, which he will invest in his "other" startups -- a tired old shell game.  He has no track record, no skin in the game, IRL a "hedge fund" like that would cause plenty of laughter and fingerpointing.  Wake up, bro.

P.S:  You are the one who claimed that Seedcoin (one and now two) removes the [nonexistent] barrier to entry.  In Bitcoin securities, there's no barrier to remove -- invest your lunch money, you financial mogul you Smiley
minerpart

IIIIII====II====IIIIII

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 03:35:27 PM

I genuinely am not

I believe you now. I easily recognize Mirceau's style, the ignorance, the conceit, the rather sorry attempts at humour such as that taken at the expense of the elderly and infirm - you are not that sort of character. Accept my heartfelt apologies for even associating you with this despicable excuse for a human being. You are not a Billionaire (and neither is he) and you are not a little lost soul who is about to be locked up for a very long time. Count your blessings!
minerpart

IIIIII====II====IIIIII

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 03:39:15 PM

Seedcoin is not a "hedge fund."  It is a d00d on the intertubes asking you for coin, which he will invest in his "other" startups -- a tired old shell game.  He has no track record, no skin in the game, IRL a "hedge fund" like that would cause plenty of laughter and fingerpointing.  Wake up, bro.

Mirceau - is this what good PR looks like in Romania? You have zero friends on here except your Troll buddies pankakke and the other guy I can't even remember VE. You make enemies all too easily. You really are a genuine sociopath and a compulsive liar. Everything you say of others is actually true almost exclusively of yourself.

Why are you selling your holdings in MPOE when you explicitly stated in your IPO document that you would NOT sell any of your stake?

Are you trying to run with the little money you are able to grab from your sham of an exchange? When will YOU disappear Mirceau?
NotLambchop

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 03:45:10 PM

minerpart, sometimes I wonder why I made that nice ghetto thread to contain your spergings.  If you keep wondering out and shitting up the forum, I'm afraid I'll have to up ur meds.  This is absolutely unacceptable -- you're not the only patient here.

~*Paging Dr.Benway.  Dr.Benway*~

minerpart

IIIIII====II====IIIIII

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 04:09:00 PM

~*Paging Dr.Benway.  Dr.Benway*~

You will be the one needing meds when you are in your US Penitentiary. I'm guessing they will be for anal bruising rather than your untreatable antisocial personality disorder. You may be offered psychotherapy - take it if you can. It may be your only chance you poor little street urchin.  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: