Bitcoin Forum
June 01, 2024, 07:03:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What's the hot thing to invest in 2014?
Ethereum - 23 (12.5%)
NXT - 72 (39.1%)
MaidSafe - 28 (15.2%)
All 3 above. - 19 (10.3%)
Something else - 42 (22.8%)
Total Voters: 184

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Ethereum, MaidSafe, NXT, anything else worth investing in, in 2014?  (Read 5881 times)
lovely89

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 02:32:03 AM

So if I have to sum it up looks like Ethereum, NXT and MaidSafe are the 3 (potentially) hot things one can invest in 2014 if he wants to be in the position that bitcoin early adopters were in 2009?

Your thoughts?

Nxt is a big one.
Ethereum  is looking to revolutionize decentralised platforms.
eMunie has so very much potential and is doing something very unique and is progressing very fast.
Skycoin definitely the underrated project of the year. Includes a darknet, meshnet and obelisk blockchain. More secure than bitcoin and much much faster.
I also think there will be a wealth transfer from litecoin to peercoin over the next 8 months
Not sure why maidsafe is getting so much attention...

Thanks for pointing me to Skycoin, reading up on it and it looks very promising.

skycoin? really? Buying in a 1% IPO, and devs keep 99%?
Don´t look promising to me.

To me profit != promising.
Innovation and demand = promising.
Devs are keeping 99% to continue to distribute over the years. I'm not entirely happy with this but they said they might have 3 IPOs  but also bounties for implementing the meshnet for incentive and get away from pump and dump history of coins.

Bitrated user: vanlovely.
Mautje

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 04:25:14 AM

So if I have to sum it up looks like Ethereum, NXT and MaidSafe are the 3 (potentially) hot things one can invest in 2014 if he wants to be in the position that bitcoin early adopters were in 2009?

Your thoughts?

Nxt is a big one.
Ethereum  is looking to revolutionize decentralised platforms.
eMunie has so very much potential and is doing something very unique and is progressing very fast.
Skycoin definitely the underrated project of the year. Includes a darknet, meshnet and obelisk blockchain. More secure than bitcoin and much much faster.
I also think there will be a wealth transfer from litecoin to peercoin over the next 8 months
Not sure why maidsafe is getting so much attention...

Thanks for pointing me to Skycoin, reading up on it and it looks very promising.

skycoin? really? Buying in a 1% IPO, and devs keep 99%?
Don´t look promising to me.

I just started reading up on it; initial posts I saw said nothing about an IPO.. perhaps they added that later >:[ which makes it a lot less attractive
lumierre

Activity: 862
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 05:06:53 AM

Seems like eMunie isn't getting more attention than it should but that's reasonable for now since the source code isn't out yet.

CDEX-CROSS-CHAIN DECENTRALIZED EXCHANGE PLATFORM
TOKENS FOR BITCOINTALK USERS FOR SIGNATURES! ANN TREAD ! WHITEPAPER ! LITEPAPER !
lovely89

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 06:26:23 AM

Your thoughts?

why?

This is just my opinion and I'm sure many will have their own.

I think litecoins high standing importance in the cryptoworld is coming to an end. The only benefit is currently ASIC resistant mining and 2.5 minute block times. I can't see that as being enough to stay ahead of Bitcoin 2.0 coins or the more immediate threat,  peercoin. I think POS is the consensus of the future and POW is only great for distribution.

Peercoin has the community and attributes to replace litecoin as number 2 marketcap. With peershares coming along and a larger peerunity, it's only a matter of time.

lovely89

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 06:33:18 AM

can someone recommend an ipo that is still ongoing so we can still buy in now?

If you're just looking for profit, I think eMunie will produce a decent ROI. Very little interest considering what it offers but also due to people losing interest because of so many delays.

dzimbeck
Legendary

Activity: 2412
Merit: 1044

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 08:11:43 AM

This is too weird. I got excited when I saw it debut but I think it was a mistake. Who the hell has 99% of the coins??? Why would the devs make a meshnet and then keep is value from the world?? Its worse than ripple. The way to do it, it to give 100% of the coins to the people. Otherwise this is just like tor but with distibuted hosting. Its a great idea but I think the devs are motivated by greed. No wonder to volume is so low.
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 08:18:01 AM

The "hot new thing" tends to fade.
In six to eight months the list will have 3,4, or 5 other names.
2009 is over and it cannot be recreated, sorry.

ShroomsKit_Disgrace
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

Yeah! I hate ShroomsKit!

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 08:27:39 AM

The "hot new thing" tends to fade.
In six to eight months the list will have 3,4, or 5 other names.
2009 is over and it cannot be recreated, sorry.

That is the question discussed here. To give your 3, 4 or 5 names that will last in 1year time and the reasons.
lovely89

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 08:57:47 AM

This is too weird. I got excited when I saw it debut but I think it was a mistake. Who the hell has 99% of the coins??? Why would the devs make a meshnet and then keep is value from the world?? Its worse than ripple. The way to do it, it to give 100% of the coins to the people. Otherwise this is just like tor but with distibuted hosting. Its a great idea but I think the devs are motivated by greed. No wonder to volume is so low.

The IPO plan is just a plan for now. They have nothing set in stone and have even said they may change it if they think it is for the better. If you really don't like it, go suggest a better idea and say why. The developer(s) are really great when it comes to responding to questions and enquiries on the Skycoin thread. Also, it isn't released yet so there is no volume. You may be looking at the old 'Skycoin' that was released over a year ago.

I personally think that they should be releasing around 50% over multiple IPO's over a year then use the rest for bounties. This wouldn't be a get rich quick scheme that everyone seems to be looking for but encourages people to get involved and contribute to the coin and meshnet rather than hoarding for the sake of profit.

Also, please don't say they will have 99% of the coins. They have said repeatedly that the coins will be distributed (not 100% but most) the coins over a number of years instead of 1 quick IPO that creates an unfair advantage to early adopters and causes later adopters to lose interest, much like Mastercoin and to some degree, NXT.

Shivalein

Activity: 117
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 03:30:07 PM

The IPO plan is just a plan for now. They have nothing set in stone and have even said they may change it if they think it is for the better. If you really don't like it, go suggest a better idea and say why. The developer(s) are really great when it comes to responding to questions and enquiries on the Skycoin thread. Also, it isn't released yet so there is no volume. You may be looking at the old 'Skycoin' that was released over a year ago.

I personally think that they should be releasing around 50% over multiple IPO's over a year then use the rest for bounties. This wouldn't be a get rich quick scheme that everyone seems to be looking for but encourages people to get involved and contribute to the coin and meshnet rather than hoarding for the sake of profit.

Also, please don't say they will have 99% of the coins. They have said repeatedly that the coins will be distributed (not 100% but most) the coins over a number of years instead of 1 quick IPO that creates an unfair advantage to early adopters and causes later adopters to lose interest, much like Mastercoin and to some degree, NXT.

even 50% would be a total joke. If they keep 3-5% everything is alright.
Nobody knows if they will every give more coins to us. And a first IPO worth selling 1% for 50k$ is just pure greed.
That´s the worst IPO Plan in history.

lovely89

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 06:08:50 AM

Nobody knows if they will every give more coins to us. And a first IPO worth selling 1% for 50k$ is just pure greed.
A single IPO doesn't match their goals. It doesn't enable them to distribute coins as bounties over years and it doesn't allow them to involve people who aren't watching this coin right now. If you have something constructive to say in regards to reaching their goals in a better fashion then go to their thread and give your argument, they will listen. If you want to just make some profit then go buy some dogecoin.

Shivalein

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 01:20:09 PM

A single IPO doesn't match their goals. It doesn't enable them to distribute coins as bounties over years and it doesn't allow them to involve people who aren't watching this coin right now. If you have something constructive to say in regards to reaching their goals in a better fashion then go to their thread and give your argument, they will listen. If you want to just make some profit then go buy some dogecoin.

Of course, and I should trust them not to dump the coins if the price increases?
You are so naive.

lovely89

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 02:14:41 AM

Of course, and I should trust them not to dump the coins if the price increases?
You are so naive.

Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest thou also be like unto him. —Proverbs 26:4

Not sure if troll or not but please just stop.

SomethingElse

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

Looking for the next big thing

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 03:18:18 AM

I think that the POS coins have a lot of potential but so far none has been perfect.  NXT is awesome and doing some great things, but I wonder if NEM can make good where NXT has made mistakes.  I really think that the best investment of 2014 will be the thing that nobody expects but has all the killer features and comes out of nowhere to surprise everybody.. 

NEM
Cleveland Evans

Activity: 62

FBC is better

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 11:31:34 AM

Your thoughts?

Summer coin worth the investment

Shivalein

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 02:11:20 PM

Your thoughts?

Summer coin worth the investment

nope

minerfool

Activity: 251

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 02:49:37 PM

Take a look at Exocoin ... very promising and active devs:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=430467.0

wizzardTim
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1000

Reality is stranger than fiction

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 10:33:26 PM

eXo, Qora, Counterparty, eMunie, Maidsafe, Skycoin, Etherium

Behold the Tangle Mysteries! Dare to know It's truth.

- Excerpt from the IOTA Sacred Texts Vol. I
tolstoy

Activity: 89

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 03:47:59 AM

#1 NEM
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=426303
http://www.ournem.com/

also NXT, EXO and MaidSafe

counter

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

Time is on our side, yes it is!

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 11:35:27 AM

I'm not so familiar with any of them so I thank you for bringing this potential opportunity to my attention.  I look forward to sharing my opinions when I have a better understanding of these new cryptos.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: