Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 09:57:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: An example of how NOT to trade  (Read 4549 times)
pandacoin
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 01:23:32 AM

That's the best plan. If we have more than 1m $ bitcoins we can spend them wherever we want. I really want to be wealthy elite. Grin
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
btcton
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1007

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 03:34:47 AM

This makes me wonder, where do you people learn how to trade? Do you just know from experience?

The signature campaign posters adding useless redundant fluff to their posts to reach their minimum word count are lowering my IQ.
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 03:44:16 AM

It will be easier if you don't check the price every day.
Instead only check the price once a month if you really consider this as a long term investment.

Or give up on trading altogether, keep yourself in a safe position, and just ignore the prices and realize that, over time, they are increasing. They will drop of course, but they keep going back up to above where they were (excluding our ATH last year, but I'm sure we're going to go far beyond that).

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
bitsmichel

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 12:07:18 PM

It will be easier if you don't check the price every day.
Instead only check the price once a month if you really consider this as a long term investment.

Follow this advice. If you check price and trade every day, you will lose money because of fees etc; If you want to make profit trading, trade on a longer period (2 week - month)

peperapijames

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 01:17:45 PM

thank you for the info!!!!reallly helpful
bananas

Activity: 364
Merit: 257

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 05:13:58 AM

This makes me wonder, where do you people learn how to trade? Do you just know from experience?

I do analyze the history and take my own conclusions, bitcoin has been reasonably predictable to me.
Historically if a bottom price repeats a few times it wil never go lower than that and will repeat a few more times, so you buy when it reaches such bottom and of course do not sell. There are transition times where the bottom will increase, it is not predictable and is the period you can miss opportunities.

picolo

Activity: 1022
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 08:14:20 PM

I do analyze the history and take my own conclusions, bitcoin has been reasonably predictable to me.
Historically if a bottom price repeats a few times it wil never go lower than that and will repeat a few more times, so you buy when it reaches such bottom and of course do not sell. There are transition times where the bottom will increase, it is not predictable and is the period you can miss opportunities.

It is good to have your own view of the price variation but you can't know when it is the bottom you are talking about
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 08:31:58 PM

It is good to have your own view of the price variation but you can't know when it is the bottom you are talking about

You really don't need to know when the absolute bottom is; just be sure you buy at a price that's lower than it will become, Smiley. That's how you profit.

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
Benjig

Activity: 462

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 02:25:22 AM

Yes one of the best school is experience, you can know how each analysis works, you can know when to enter the market and much more but if you cant hold your position in an adverse situation and you get weakhand , you wont win ..
Candystripes

Activity: 294

***THIS ACCOUNT IS NO LONGER ACTIVE***

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 02:26:15 AM

Big clap for this thread  Wink

---------------------------------
No longer under the possession of Candystripes.
Account is currently dormant.
BitZCoin

Activity: 275

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2014, 10:59:39 PM

There's so much truth in this picture.

Here it is: TakePart!
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: