Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 11:24:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: HASHRA CONTROLA FIRMWARE FOR GRIDSEED MINERS INCLUDING "BLADE"  (Read 8207 times)
nwoolls

Activity: 840
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2014, 12:22:49 PM

There was that note on the pull request that luke left mentioning he moved support there temporarily, only the note was there a while after it was merged in

Thanks - maxzilla and I have been talking in PMs.

I was just trying to avoid what seems like an unfortunately common trend (at least in this mining space) of forking projects to make something "new" rather than contributing back to the original project. I don't think that's what max was trying to do.

MultiMiner: Any Miner, Any Where, on Any Device |  Xgminer: Mine with popular miners on Mac OS X
btc: 1BmXY4ZZQh1iHSVre658gM1gPAEtDnq8rv  |  ltc: LP1SsHZTDexndkvRKsqAkXNsienPHwaMb5  |  hardware: nwoolls at gmail dot com
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
HASHRA (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

HASHRA - MINING TO THE MOON

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2014, 04:32:00 PM

Good news Ladies & Gentleman…

We have now decided to release the SSH login details for the Gridseed Based products using the CONTROLA Firmware:

USER: pi

PASSWORD: 3K4Hb8FMeZjQZJEX6scYzZa

ENJOY!  Smiley

IMJim
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 10:55:21 PM

Hi, this is the url of the fork
https://github.com/HASHRA/bfgminer

I made changes in the /feature/gridseed-support (v 3.10) branch
I tried modifying the gridseed-support-new branch, but for some reason it was not performing as well as 3.10... on the pi at least.

There is official support in BFGMiner for GridSeed devices. Why fork it instead of contributing?

I'll have another closer look at 3.99, The clock setting is already dynamic there. I added the chip amount setting in the fork, I don't know if that is something that you are interested in having?

Thanks bud, will give it a try again:-)
anarchoatheist

Activity: 70

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 03:46:58 AM

Is there any reason why I cant run a 5 chip gridseed miner along side a g-blade using the controla for g-blade? has anyone done this? I would like to free up a r-pi.
HASHRA (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2014, 04:56:24 PM

Is there any reason why I cant run a 5 chip gridseed miner along side a g-blade using the controla for g-blade? has anyone done this? I would like to free up a r-pi.

We had to make some changes to the firmware for the Blade to get correct readings so I'm afraid it cannot be used to run the 5 Chip Mini units also.

Sorry.

Biffa
Legendary

Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 03:21:42 PM

Whats the latest version?

Mine @ pools that pay Tx fees & don't mine empty blocks :: kanopool :: ckpool ::
Should bitmain create LPM for all models?
:: Dalcore's Crypto Mining H/W Hosting Directory & Reputation ::
harpss1ngh

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 12:07:36 AM

Whats the latest version?

1.4.5 for 5 chip

1.4.5.1 for G-Blades
chinatom

Activity: 71

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 08:21:09 PM

May be HAHASH use wiibox miner....so many hw~~not stably.   but still use 850MHZ..

can hahash change cpuminer by sandow ?
HASHRA (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2014, 01:27:44 PM

We had to make some changes to the firmware for the Blade to get correct readings so I'm afraid it cannot be used to run the 5 Chip Mini units also.

Sorry.

Correction:

You can actually use it but the readings will all be wrong in Controla, you would need to get the readings from the pool side.

guzzzi

Activity: 53

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 11:11:36 AM

Anyone else with Problems while adding new Pools to the List in Hashra 1.4.7.1

It doesnt show up in the List "Pool".
Axiste

Activity: 152
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 03:32:34 AM

So.. I bought a Pi B+ and loaded up Hashra on my 8gb micro sd, booted and... uh oh no keybord/mouse or network.. played a few hours and figured out there are changes to the firmware required when booting raspbian.

Downloaded latest raspbian, overwrote my sdcard boot directory with the new files and success!

Next mission, get all 10 of my Minis operating, was pretty simple. Decided I want to update Bfgminer.
Managed to compile 4.6.0 and replace the stock version in hashra. Had to modify the LTC section of miner.class.php to remove the gridseed-chips= part as it isnt required and would throw an unknown command error trying to run Bfg.

Bonus to updating to 4.6.0, the log now shows the size and difficulty of each share accepted, and also shows for which chip on which mini!

My next task for my little Pi was to add my lonely Antminer U1 to the powered hub, and give its own instance of Bfg in the background to pump a little extra sha256 ( the minis are doing just scrypt, I have an Antminer S1 doing Sha256 duties) Success! Added the seperate bfg instance to rc.local and connect to its Api using Awesome Miner to keep an eye on it.

Only issue I have got right now is that if the U1 is plugged in to the Pi either direct (bad idea power wise) or via the powered hub, the 9 minis also on it (1 mini is direct to the Pi) dissapear in the Hashra web interface. They stay connected and continue to show shares accepted in Bfg on both the Api and the Log on the web interface.

The mini directly to the Pi stays visible, so i can change its frequency, has its little circle and hashrate showing etc. The overall stats above still update correctly as the sum of all 10, eg Total Hashrate shows as 3.6Mh, total accepted/rejected shares shows correctly, as HW errors come up they show correctly up the top.

Connected to the Api via Awesome Miner I can see each individual mini, its accepted and rejected shares, and its HW. If i unplug the U1 and refresh the webpage, the other 9 Minis reappear and i can change their settings etc. If i have the page already open and plug in the U1 (doesnt matter if its hashing or not) all 10 minis will stay visible on the page until i either refresh or move away from the dashboard (to settings etc, also includes the "restart miner" "reboot" buttons etc)

Anyone got idea's? Im relatively new to Crypto currency, havnt used linux much, and have zero knowledge of web / php stuff.

If my advice has helped you out, feel free to throw some Satoshi's my way!
BTC: 1Nq7hrRDamdnNiTBaFxEn5DuZYS9kD3tbJ
Running a Full Node Smiley
Axiste

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 10:32:20 AM

A few pics to give an idea.

Before
http://ocau.com/pix/pk2wd

http://ocau.com/pix/iq2i2

Just plugged in (The Minis are all still visible, but the stats no longer update, just the log)
http://ocau.com/pix/yuf6g

After a refresh of the browser, the stats now update as expected, however only the miner not on the powered usb hub visible.

http://ocau.com/pix/7z0jh

http://ocau.com/pix/cvyp4

fich66

Activity: 4

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 01:00:48 PM

Hi,

Are you able to confirm which files you replaced?

My SD Card only appears to have the files in a single directory?

.fseventsd      
.Trashes      
._.Trashes   
.firmware_revision   
bootcode.bin   
cmdline.txt   
config.txt   
fixup.dat   
fixup_cd.dat   
fixup_x.dat   
issue.txt      
kernel.img   
kernel_emergency.img   
LICENSE.oracle   
start.elf   
start_cd.elf      
start_x.elf   

Cheers

Axiste

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 01:48:04 PM

pretty sure it was almost all of them, its essentially the entire boot directory

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: