Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 01:22:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1948 1949 1950 1951 1952 1953 1954 1955 1956 1957 1958 1959 1960 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1974 1975 1976 1977 1978 1979 1980 1981 1982 1983 1984 1985 1986 1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1994 1995 1996 1997 [1998] 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017 2018 2019 2020 2021 2022 2023 2024 2025 2026 2027 2028 2029 2030 2031 2032 2033 2034 2035 2036 2037 2038 2039 2040 2041 2042 2043 2044 2045 2046 2047 2048 ... 2123 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency  (Read 4667061 times)
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 4863

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
October 27, 2018, 04:11:57 PM
Merited by bones261 (1)

So in the past month i got really heavily invested in monero for the long hodl, because I really believe in this project, but after reading some reddit FUD I became a bit concerned. In the monero cons thread someone mentioned that competition like zcash for example might be able to easily outpace monero as we close to global adoption, simply because of the difference in the funding structure of the two coins, citing that projects like zcash have big money behind them instead of relying solely on the donations from the community.

Could someone alleviate my concerns about this? I intend to hodl, but if this concern is legit I might have to take this into account.

Zcashes trend line was predicted in this thread when it was launched and that trend has held true to that prediction and it will not change. It will continue to slowly fade away. DYOR and just read the threads from it's launch, everything forecasted has come to pass and then marvel at the beauty of Zooko wearing a monero labs t-shirt.

^^^--- What does that tell you?

BTW looking at that coffee table it looks like lines were being done with a bowie knife, or maybe making some fake ID's Or both! Smiley

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sefirotius

Activity: 658
Merit: 102

IDENA.IO - Proof-Of-Person Blockchain

View Profile
October 27, 2018, 04:15:28 PM

I used to have some coins that I lost my wallet I still remember at the start of the monero there was a distribution of coins giving 25 coins to everyone

[Senior Member]

▄▄▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▄▄
           ▄▀▀    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▀▀▄
        ▄▀▀  ▄▄▀█          ▀█▀▄▄  ▀▀▄
      ▄▀▀ ▄▄▀    ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀    ▀▄▄ ▀▀▄
     █   █            ▀            █   █
   ▄▀ █  ▀▄▄                     ▄█▀  █ ▀▄
  ▄▀ ▄▀ █▄ ▀▀▀██▄▄▄       ▄▄▄██▀▀  ██ ▀▄ ▀▄
  ▀▄▀▀▄ ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▀▄   ▄▀  ▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██ ▄▀▀▄▀
 ██   █ ██ ▀▄    ▀▄ █   █ ▄▀    ▄▀ ██ █  ▀██
 █  ▄█  ▀█  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █   █ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █   █▄  █
█▀ █  █  █          █   █          █  █  █ ▀▀
 █▀  ▄▀  █▀▄        █   █        ▄▀█  ▀▄  ▀█
 ▄  █▀   █ ▀█▄      ▀   ▀      ▄█▀ █  ▄▀█  ▄
 █▄▀  █  █                         █  █  ▀▄█
 ▀▄  █   ▀█        ▄▄▀▄▀▄▄        █▀   █  ▄
  ▀▄▀▀  █▄ █     ▀█  ▀▀▀  █▀     █ ▄█ ▄▀▀▄▀
   ▀ ▄  ██ █▀▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▀▀     ▄▀█ ██ ▀▄ ▀
    ▀█  ██ █ █▀▄    ▄▄▄▄▄    ▄▀█ █ ██  █▀
      ▀▄ ▀ █ █ ██▄         ▄██ █ █ ▀ ▄▀
        ▀▄ █ █ █ ▀█▄     ▄█▀ █ █ █ ▄▀
          ▀▀▄█ █    ▀▀▀▀▀    █ █▄▀▀
              ▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀       
I  D  E  N  A       
Proof-of-Person Blockchain

Join the mining of the first human-centric
cryptocurrency       

▲    2 6 8 0

N  O  D  E  S       
               ██
                ██
                ██
                ██
                ██
         ▄      ██      ▄
         ███▄   ██   ▄███
          ▀███▄ ██ ▄███▀
            ▀████████▀
              ▀████▀
                ▀▀
██▄                            ▄██
███                            ███
 ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███
  ▀▀██████████████████████████▀▀       
D O W N L O A D

Idena node      
▐         
▄▄████████▄▄
▄███▀▀      ▀▀███▄
▄██▀              ▀██▄
▄██              ▄▄▄ ██▄
▄██         ▄▄▄██████  ██▄
██    ▄▄▄███████▀████   ██
██ ▀█████████▀ ▄████    ██
██    ▀████▀ ▄██████    ██
██       ▀ ▄███████     ██
▀██        ██▀█████    ██▀
▀██       █   ▀██    ██▀
▀██▄              ▄██▀
▀███▄▄      ▄▄███▀
▀▀████████▀▀

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄█████▀▀        ▀▀█████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▀███
███      █   ▄▄ █▀▄        ███
██▀      █  ███ █  ▀▄      ▀██
███       █   ▀▀ ▀▀▀▀█       ███
███       █  ▄▄▄▄▄▄  █       ███
███       █  ▄▄▄▄▄▄  █       ███
██▄      █  ▄▄▄▄▄▄  █      ▄██
███      █          █      ███
███▄    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▄███
████▄                ▄████
▀█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▀
▀▀████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀

▄▄████████▄▄
▄███▀▀      ▀▀███▄
▄██▀              ▀██▄
▄██            ▄▄▄   ██▄
▄██   █▄       █████▄▀ ██▄
██    ███▄▄ ▄▄██████▀   ██
██     ██████████████   ██
██      █████████████   ██
██       ▀██████████    ██
▀██      ▄████████▀    ██▀
▀██ ▄▄████████▀▀     ██▀
▀██▄              ▄██▀
▀███▄▄      ▄▄███▀
▀▀████████▀▀
      ███

███   
REQUEST INVITATION   ███
  █
  █
  █
  █
  █
███

Code:
[
visdude
Legendary

Activity: 1081
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 27, 2018, 06:04:57 PM

Are there other reliable instant/account-less crypto-crypto exchanges? That Erik dude recently turned to the dark side.  Angry

visdude
Legendary

View Profile
October 27, 2018, 06:18:13 PM

So in the past month i got really heavily invested in monero for the long hodl, because I really believe in this project, but after reading some reddit FUD I became a bit concerned. In the monero cons thread someone mentioned that competition like zcash for example might be able to easily outpace monero as we close to global adoption, simply because of the difference in the funding structure of the two coins, citing that projects like zcash have big money behind them instead of relying solely on the donations from the community.

Could someone alleviate my concerns about this? I intend to hodl, but if this concern is legit I might have to take this into account.

It sounds more like you're seeking affirmation; the Stuart Smalley kinda affirmation. I'd spend an itsy-bitsy portion of that huge XMR investment of yours to pay for a shrink. He'd/she'd be more in a position to professionally alleviate your concerns rather than seeking for it in a forum.

visdude
Legendary

View Profile
October 27, 2018, 07:04:05 PM

Zcashes trend line was predicted in this thread when it was launched and that trend has held true to that prediction and it will not change. It will continue to slowly fade away. DYOR and just read the threads from it's launch, everything forecasted has come to pass and then marvel at the beauty of Zooko wearing a monero labs t-shirt.

^^^--- What does that tell you?

BTW looking at that coffee table it looks like lines were being done with a bowie knife, or maybe making some fake ID's Or both! Smiley

Nah! Those are open razor blade marks left after making coke lines.

Whtwabbit

Activity: 490
Merit: 266

View Profile
October 27, 2018, 09:45:44 PM

I used to have some coins that I lost my wallet I still remember at the start of the monero there was a distribution of coins giving 25 coins to everyone

Your memory is not like it used to be , that's for sure

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
Flyok

Activity: 70
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 27, 2018, 10:09:05 PM

It sounds more like you're seeking affirmation; the Stuart Smalley kinda affirmation. I'd spend an itsy-bitsy portion of that huge XMR investment of yours to pay for a shrink. He'd/she'd be more in a position to professionally alleviate your concerns rather than seeking for it in a forum.

It seems that xmr have found their strong support. recently, around the coin goes a lot of rumors, and not always very good. I closely follow the team and the coin itself.
TheFuzzStone
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1442

thefuzzstone.github.io

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2018, 02:05:34 PM

In summer was the first #FFS from a Russian-speaking teammate, the main translator of XMR.RU --> Mr. Pickles.

That FFS was fully funded and here is the first report:

phishead

Activity: 1873
Merit: 840

Keep what's important, and know who's your friend

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2018, 07:20:06 PM

Not sure if there is a thread like this before, but I made a "Stake your Monero address" thread where people can sign a message from your personal Monero wallet for future account verification and other things as a security measure for your Bitcointalk accounts.

I invite everyone to come check it out and sign your main favourite hot wallet Smiley

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=24.0
denam

Activity: 896
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 28, 2018, 07:28:27 PM

There was lot of hype for bullet proofs feature's implementation and if not everyone but most people were expecting its impact on XMR's price. This activation immediate benefit has shown by reduce in withdrawal fees from exchanges. Monero once again has shown to be best than many others. Market should show uptrend anytime without prior alert so hold on tight as speculative phase is approaching fast.
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
October 28, 2018, 09:11:03 PM

There was lot of hype for bullet proofs feature's implementation and if not everyone but most people were expecting its impact on XMR's price. This activation immediate benefit has shown by reduce in withdrawal fees from exchanges. Monero once again has shown to be best than many others. Market should show uptrend anytime without prior alert so hold on tight as speculative phase is approaching fast.

Bull market forms for a long time. Imagine it like boiling water cooking. And the breakout will happen when we will least expect.  Bulletproofs and all development and all publicity that Monero is gaining right now are just adding the steam.
dolvelan

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 28, 2018, 09:29:34 PM

Bull market forms for a long time. Imagine it like boiling water cooking. And the breakout will happen when we will least expect.  Bulletproofs and all development and all publicity that Monero is gaining right now are just adding the steam.
recently, around the coin goes a lot of rumors, I think the hard fork is a good but it does not solve the real problem. but I believe that anonymity will be in gold next year
Hueristic
Legendary

View Profile
October 28, 2018, 10:06:52 PM
Last edit: October 28, 2018, 10:24:28 PM by Hueristic

Nah! Those are open razor blade marks left after making coke lines.

I really think those coke lines were being done with a

Your memory is not like it used to be , that's for sure

Me too, I don't remember the airdrop. Damn maybe I misplaced those coins too! Cheesy

It seems that xmr have found their strong support. recently, around the coin goes a lot of rumors, and not always very good. I closely follow the team and the coin itself.

Hah, I have been feeling the last week that I need to put some lowball offers in but had not been at my home system until the other day. But when I saw this post I said to myself "Shit I better get those bids in before I miss them getting filled" and I just got them in before I crashed last night and some of them are filled now! Nice. Cheesy
Thanks for the reminder. Smiley

***W00ps this ^^^ has been sitting waiting tobe posted since 8 hours ago***

Addded:

Not sure if there is a thread like this before, but I made a "Stake your Monero address" thread where people can sign a message from your personal Monero wallet for future account verification and other things as a security measure for your Bitcointalk accounts.

I invite everyone to come check it out and sign your main favorite hot wallet Smiley

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=24.0

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5058961.0

This is a great sideways market for those of us that need to accumulate. I have 5 times more right now than I had last year at this time (and am probably underwater) but I keep cost averaging every week/month as much as I can.

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
termion

Activity: 910
Merit: 533

View Profile
October 28, 2018, 11:01:42 PM

Monero is very easy to use with cake wallet on iPhone or moneruj on android . It will always have a real world use case because it is private by default. I have no tech skills whatsoever and I can use monero so I’m quite sure that anyone can.
boomboom

Activity: 1068
Merit: 523

View Profile
October 28, 2018, 11:30:47 PM

... the beauty of Zooko wearing a monero labs t-shirt.

wtf, is that guy Zooko ... I thought he was fluffypony's transfusion associate, the dude looks 'high' on cholesterol and blood sugars ... I assumed he must be the monero dev team's blood boy
johnfoss

Activity: 124
Merit: 117

View Profile
October 29, 2018, 09:18:46 AM

The Monero Moon Issue 8 is out now!

https://medium.com/@johnfoss/the-monero-moon-issue-8-92b4d1e75981
mattcode
Copper Member

Activity: 282
Merit: 31

View Profile
October 29, 2018, 02:43:54 PM

... the beauty of Zooko wearing a monero labs t-shirt.

wtf, is that guy Zooko ... I thought he was fluffypony's transfusion associate, the dude looks 'high' on cholesterol and blood sugars ... I assumed he must be the monero dev team's blood boy

He's the Zcash guy.
Hueristic
Legendary

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 03:01:55 AM

Really? Where were these most people at? We in this thread have figured it was priced in since it was held back from the previous fork. I didn't see any Hype here even though it is one of the biggest improvements in years.

The markets are irrational now with this institutional fuckery so don't be surprised that crap is valued higher than actual utilitarian Tech.

Post-Bulletproof tx fees are fantastic for users but I was wondering; has the block reward changed to balance this out for miners? xmr is new stable coin, as i think.

Miners gonna mine, the fee's are neglishable.

elrippos friend

Activity: 1179
Merit: 210

only hodl what you understand and love!

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 05:52:34 AM

Really? Where were these most people at? We in this thread have figured it was priced in since it was held back from the previous fork. I didn't see any Hype here even though it is one of the biggest improvements in years.

The markets are irrational now with this institutional fuckery so don't be surprised that crap is valued higher than actual utilitarian Tech.

Post-Bulletproof tx fees are fantastic for users but I was wondering; has the block reward changed to balance this out for miners? xmr is new stable coin, as i think.

Miners gonna mine, the fee's are neglishable.

The good old classic was better than this shit  Roll Eyes Cool Grin Wink

Hueristic
Legendary

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 01:46:33 PM

The good old classic was better than this shit  Roll Eyes Cool Grin Wink

No blood bags in the classic series, that's what he was referencing.

I watched the original in the movies, sucked when Goose got it. Smiley

BTW, when you quote images try to shrink them like this.

Pages: « 1 ... 1948 1949 1950 1951 1952 1953 1954 1955 1956 1957 1958 1959 1960 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1974 1975 1976 1977 1978 1979 1980 1981 1982 1983 1984 1985 1986 1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1994 1995 1996 1997 [1998] 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017 2018 2019 2020 2021 2022 2023 2024 2025 2026 2027 2028 2029 2030 2031 2032 2033 2034 2035 2036 2037 2038 2039 2040 2041 2042 2043 2044 2045 2046 2047 2048 ... 2123 »
  Print  

Jump to: