Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 06:32:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 964 965 966 967 968 969 970 971 972 973 974 975 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 984 985 986 987 988 989 990 991 992 993 994 995 996 997 998 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 1012 1013 [1014] 1015 1016 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 1023 1024 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035 1036 1037 1038 1039 1040 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 1049 1050 1051 1052 1053 1054 1055 1056 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 ... 2123 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency  (Read 4667035 times)
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 03:44:10 AM

And besides, now that the official Missives are BACK! Do we really need two things on a monday? So I'll gradually shift the Digest / Week in Review to a different broadcast day of the week. What do people want?

You should plan it so you'll have time to get it done, but the earlier the better because it is less delay to the people who have trouble with spoken English and rely on written form or a translation.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
GingerAle
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2015, 03:57:53 AM

And besides, now that the official Missives are BACK! Do we really need two things on a monday? So I'll gradually shift the Digest / Week in Review to a different broadcast day of the week. What do people want?

You should plan it so you'll have time to get it done, but the earlier the better because it is less delay to the people who have trouble with spoken English and rely on written form or a translation.

Gotcha. I was thinking about the whole spoken vs. written thing re: missives. I think one way to tackle it is to use github. Someone starts with the first 3-5 minutes (or whenever they crap out), then someone picks up, and eventually it all gets pieced together. And then translated. Etc.

https://github.com/Gingeropolous/MoneroMissiveTranscribe

of course I have no idea how to use github so there's that. For another night.

< Track your bitcoins! > < Track them again! > <<< [url=https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1qomqt/what_a_landmark_legal_case_from_mid1700s_scotland/] What is fungibility? >>> 46P88uZ4edEgsk7iKQUGu2FUDYcdHm2HtLFiGLp1inG4e4f9PTb4mbHWYWFZGYUeQidJ8hFym2WUmWc p34X8HHmFS2LXJkf <<< Free subdomains at moneroworld.com!! >>> <<< If you don't want to run your own node, point your wallet to node.moneroworld.com, and get connected to a random node! @@@@ FUCK ALL THE PROFITEERS! PROOF OF WORK OR ITS A SCAM !!! @@@@
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 4863

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 04:03:46 AM

Gotcha. I was thinking about the whole spoken vs. written thing re: missives. I think one way to tackle it is to use github. Someone starts with the first 3-5 minutes (or whenever they crap out), then someone picks up, and eventually it all gets pieced together. And then translated. Etc.

I started porting the mp3 through google voice but I need a cleaner method so I will try to cable it up tomorrow and see what craps out. Wink

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
GingerAle
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2015, 04:06:59 AM

I started porting the mp3 through google voice but I need a cleaner method so I will try to cable it up tomorrow and see what craps out. Wink

I think the quality of the voice audio might be a bit too rough for quality transcribe. We bought mics to make it better. Also, knowing now that auto transcribe will happen, we'll keep the music out of the voice. Duh. What was I thinking?

< Track your bitcoins! > < Track them again! > <<< [url=https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1qomqt/what_a_landmark_legal_case_from_mid1700s_scotland/] What is fungibility? >>> 46P88uZ4edEgsk7iKQUGu2FUDYcdHm2HtLFiGLp1inG4e4f9PTb4mbHWYWFZGYUeQidJ8hFym2WUmWc p34X8HHmFS2LXJkf <<< Free subdomains at moneroworld.com!! >>> <<< If you don't want to run your own node, point your wallet to node.moneroworld.com, and get connected to a random node! @@@@ FUCK ALL THE PROFITEERS! PROOF OF WORK OR ITS A SCAM !!! @@@@
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 4863

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 04:29:51 AM

I think the quality of the voice audio might be a bit too rough for quality transcribe. We bought mics to make it better. Also, knowing now that auto transcribe will happen, we'll keep the music out of the voice. Duh. What was I thinking?

LOL, your doing a great job. Smiley

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
iourzzz

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 05:43:37 AM

Mac bitmonerod and simplewallet located at: https://downloads.getmonero.org/mac64

return "Illegal instruction: 4" on Mac OS X 10.9.5

If I clone repository from https://github.com/monero-project/bitmonero and build myself everything is fine.
fluffypony
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1060

GetMonero.org / MyMonero.com

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2015, 09:36:38 AM

Mac bitmonerod and simplewallet located at: https://downloads.getmonero.org/mac64

return "Illegal instruction: 4" on Mac OS X 10.9.5

If I clone repository from https://github.com/monero-project/bitmonero and build myself everything is fine.

Thanks, we'll work on better binary compatibility once we have Gitian working (reproducible builds).

florida.haunted

Activity: 241
Merit: 125

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 10:13:55 AM

***THANK TO CORE DEVS, MONERO MISSIVES ARE BACK***

https://forum.monero.cc/1/news-and-announcements/161/monday-monero-missives-23-february-23rd-2015

I suppose we should use https://forum.monero.cc to discuss missives instead of bitcointalk. Correct me if I am wrong.
sphericon

Activity: 327
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 10:24:30 AM

After being gone since last summer (one of the first miners I believe), I recently ran across this thread again and looked into it a little more. I am quite excited to see what kinds of developments you are planning, specifically regarding the MoneroAssets and MoneroTrade "next level research" items.

How many devs are working on this project currently, and are they fulltime? What is the slated release date for some of these new features that are being worked on? I was recently heavily supporting Syscoin, but due to a number of missed deadlines and lack of marketing, I'm taking a step back from them for the time being. Monero seems to have many of the things on the roadmap that caused me to join Syscoin in the first place, so I am thinking that this active community and dev environment may be a better place to put my energy.

Are there any items on the TODO list that need help? I'm a web developer and I'd be happy to help out if I could further a real crypto project in any way.

David Latapie

Activity: 658
Merit: 503

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2015, 11:51:34 AM
Last edit: February 28, 2015, 02:42:37 AM by David Latapie

After being gone since last summer (one of the first miners I believe), I recently ran across this thread again and looked into it a little more. I am quite excited to see what kinds of developments you are planning, specifically regarding the MoneroAssets and MoneroTrade "next level research" items.

How many devs are working on this project currently, and are they fulltime? What is the slated release date for some of these new features that are being worked on? I was recently heavily supporting Syscoin, but due to a number of missed deadlines and lack of marketing, I'm taking a step back from them for the time being. Monero seems to have many of the things on the roadmap that caused me to join Syscoin in the first place, so I am thinking that this active community and dev environment may be a better place to put my energy.

Are there any items on the TODO list that need help? I'm a web developer and I'd be happy to help out if I could further a real crypto project in any way.

Seven core team members, 3 academic cryptographers and mathematicians, half-a-dozen deeply involved coders - consider 15. No one is fulltime, most are not even paid at all. No stated release date, by design, although we hinted during the http://dogecoindark.net/radio/ interview at "before the end of 2015" for the GUI wallet (some other things will be released in between, and not only the DB).

Marketing is done slowly because marketing a command line utility with few B2B solutions at present is an exercice in futility. Main marketing for now is word-of-mouth, which is the most realiable way to avoid disappointment (one only makes one first impression).

Also, we are trying to transition to http://forum.monero.cc for this reason:

Quote from: Fluffypony
Bitcointalk is not a good environment if we want serious discussion about Monero. That much should be obvious. At some point we have to start cutting the apron strings and disconnecting from Bitcoin, especially since we share few common goals and no common code. It would be unfair of us to force newcomers interested in Monero to dig through thousands of scamcoin, shill, and troll posts on bitcointalk to find the occasional gem of information.

Additionally, you cannot possibly convince me that people needing help in running and using Monero should all gather in a single thread on a Bitcoin forum?? Nah, we've done our time here, there's no value in maintaining all the Monero threads on Bitcointalk. Anyone here who needs to know about Monero already does know about Monero;)

The 4.5 (!) hours-long interview for Dogecoindark Radio was great but also extenuating. A summary will be available as soon as Rick (from Dogecoindark Radio) edits it (this week-end). Also, once the organisator of CoinFest 2015 have released the video of our talk there, we will publish some additional promotional material.

Monero: the first crytocurrency to bring bank secrecy and net neutrality to the blockchain.HyperStake: pushing the limits of staking.
Reputation threadFree bitcoins: reviews, hints…: freebitco.in, freedoge.co.in, qoinpro
sphericon

Activity: 327
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 12:14:53 PM

Seven core team members, 3 academic cryptographers and mathematicians, half-a-dozen deeply involved coders - consider 15. No one is fulltime, most are not even paid at al. No stated release date, by design, although we hinted during the http://dogecoindark.net/radio/ interview at "before the end of 2015" for the GUI wallet (some other things will be released in between, and not only the DB).

Marketing is done slowly because marketing a command line utility with few B2B solutions at present is an exercice in futility. Main marketing for now is word-of-mouth, which is the most realiable way to avoid disappointment (one only makes one first impression).

Bitcointalk is not a good environment if we want serious discussion about Monero. That much should be obvious. At some point we have to start cutting the apron strings and disconnecting from Bitcoin, especially since we share few common goals and no common code. It would be unfair of us to force newcomers interested in Monero to dig through thousands of scamcoin, shill, and troll posts on bitcointalk to find the occasional gem of information.

Additionally, you cannot possibly convince me that people needing help in running and using Monero should all gather in a single thread on a Bitcoin forum?? Nah, we've done our time here, there's no value in maintaining all the Monero threads on Bitcointalk. Anyone here who needs to know about Monero already does know about Monero;)

The 4.5 (!) hours-long interview for Dogecoindark Radio was great but also extenuating. A summary will be available as soon as Rick (from Dogecoindark Radio) edits it (this week-end). Also, once the organisator of CoinFest 2015 have released the video of our talk there, we will publish some additional promotional material.

Thank you for the quick reply. The fact that someone who is heavily involved in the project replied to this post in just an hour or so speaks volumes about the level of engagement of the community. Kudos.

15 people involved heavily? that sounds amazing. I am impressed by the level of involvement in this coin. Consider my purchase long-term.

I will check out http://forum.monero.cc and start posting there as well.

I heard about the monero dev team on dogecoindark radio but I was asleep at the time (EU). A summary or at least archives of the show would be great!

tankist0

Activity: 141
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 12:28:32 PM

A little question about memory footprint on 0.8.8.6. Is it okay? Or should I move my wallet to linux machine?

dEBRUYNE
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1141

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 12:34:08 PM

Seven core team members, 3 academic cryptographers and mathematicians, half-a-dozen deeply involved coders - consider 15. No one is fulltime, most are not even paid at al. No stated release date, by design, although we hinted during the http://dogecoindark.net/radio/ interview at "before the end of 2015" for the GUI wallet (some other things will be released in between, and not only the DB).

Thank you for the quick reply. The fact that someone who is heavily involved in the project replied to this post in just an hour or so speaks volumes about the level of engagement of the community. Kudos.

15 people involved heavily? that sounds amazing. I am impressed by the level of involvement in this coin. Consider my purchase long-term.

I will check out http://forum.monero.cc and start posting there as well.

I heard about the monero dev team on dogecoindark radio but I was asleep at the time (EU). A summary or at least archives of the show would be great!

I would also like to add this to David Latapie's comment -> https://getmonero.org/knowledge-base/people. Basicly a sum up of the people involved in Monero.

Privacy matters, use Monero - A true untraceable cryptocurrency
Why Monero matters? http://weuse.cash/2016/03/05/bitcoiners-hedge-your-position/
GingerAle
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2015, 12:36:16 PM

A little question about memory footprint on 0.8.8.6. Is it okay? Or should I move my wallet to linux machine?
(snip)

Yes, that looks normal. Classic monero has a big memory footprint (the whole blockchain is in the memory!). There is development to move the blockchain into a database file, which is being heavily tested and developed right now. Indeed, the last leg of the database development is to make it work with windows.

In general though, yes, you should move it to linux due to security concerns, but that won't solve the memory problem AFAIK.

And if you move to linux, you can run the current beta of the database build, if you're adventurous and want to compile things.  

sellbuy

Activity: 158

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 12:45:51 PM

how transaction fee is calculated?? i have sended 49XMR, but my balance decreased by 50.5XMR  Huh 1.5% fee??
or how can i set fee manually in simplewallet?

Transaction fee is calculated per KB. Monero transactions are larger due to mixin ringsignatures, which is integral to blockchain privacy. If you want a low transaction fee coin with no privacy, this one aint for you.

sorry, didn't seen balance, only unlocked balance
all ok
GingerAle
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2015, 12:47:14 PM

how transaction fee is calculated?? i have sended 49XMR, but my balance decreased by 50.5XMR  Huh 1.5% fee??
or how can i set fee manually in simplewallet?

Transaction fee is calculated per KB. Monero transactions are larger due to mixin ringsignatures, which is integral to blockchain privacy. If you want a low transaction fee coin with no privacy, this one aint for you.

sorry, didn't seen balance, only unlocked balance
all ok

Ah yes, that too!!

drawingthesun
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 01:00:42 PM

Any reason for the price increase today?
NeuroticFish
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 6365

Looking for campaign manager? Contact icopress!

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 01:02:18 PM

Any reason for the price increase today?

New missive, great site, great planning.
Also the missive podcast was finally written as text, so others could easier translate and read Smiley

.HUGE.
▄██████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄███████████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████▌██▌▐██▐██▐████▄███
████▐██▐████▌██▌██▌██▌██
█████▀███▀███▀▐██▐██▐█████

▀█████████████████████████▀

▀███████████████████████▀

▀█████████████████████▀

▀█████████████████▀

▀██████████▀▀
█▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
CASINSPORTSBOOK
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄█
tankist0

Activity: 141

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 03:02:08 PM

Yes, that looks normal. Classic monero has a big memory footprint (the whole blockchain is in the memory!). There is development to move the blockchain into a database file, which is being heavily tested and developed right now. Indeed, the last leg of the database development is to make it work with windows.

In general though, yes, you should move it to linux due to security concerns, but that won't solve the memory problem AFAIK.

And if you move to linux, you can run the current beta of the database build, if you're adventurous and want to compile things.  
Thanks for the answer )) Getting started with compilation and testing on linux certainly takes time, the main concern is "am I having it". However, if someone could suggest a good distro including all required tools while remaining lightweight - that would be appreciated
Hunyadi
Legendary

Activity: 1281
Merit: 1000

☑ ♟ ☐ ♚

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 03:12:00 PM

Monero is starting to feel exciting again. Thanks devs!

▂▃▅▇█▓▒░B**-Cultist░▒▓█▇▅▃▂
Pages: « 1 ... 964 965 966 967 968 969 970 971 972 973 974 975 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 984 985 986 987 988 989 990 991 992 993 994 995 996 997 998 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 1012 1013 [1014] 1015 1016 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 1023 1024 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035 1036 1037 1038 1039 1040 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 1049 1050 1051 1052 1053 1054 1055 1056 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 ... 2123 »
  Print  

Jump to: