Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 07:42:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1240 1241 1242 1243 1244 1245 1246 1247 1248 1249 1250 1251 1252 1253 1254 1255 1256 1257 1258 1259 1260 1261 1262 1263 1264 1265 1266 1267 1268 1269 1270 1271 1272 1273 1274 1275 1276 1277 1278 1279 1280 1281 1282 1283 1284 1285 1286 1287 1288 1289 [1290] 1291 1292 1293 1294 1295 1296 1297 1298 1299 1300 1301 1302 1303 1304 1305 1306 1307 1308 1309 1310 1311 1312 1313 1314 1315 1316 1317 1318 1319 1320 1321 1322 1323 1324 1325 1326 1327 1328 1329 1330 1331 1332 1333 1334 1335 1336 1337 1338 1339 1340 ... 2123 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency  (Read 4667051 times)
jwinterm
Legendary

Activity: 3010
Merit: 1103

View Profile
July 27, 2015, 09:18:49 PM

what is the different between monerowallet.com and mymonero.com?

I think mymonero makes you log in with list of words, and monerowallet lets you set up a user/pw more like most websites.
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
July 27, 2015, 09:21:35 PM

My question isn't really answered yet:

how can a spectator know that the image key is associated with at least on of the inputs in the transaction?

See the whitepaper section 4.4, step VER.

dnaleor
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1000

Want privacy? Use Monero!

View Profile
July 27, 2015, 09:42:14 PM

how can a spectator know that the image key is associated with at least on of the inputs in the transaction?

thx, will reread it more carefully Smiley
luigi1111
Legendary

Activity: 1105
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 27, 2015, 10:19:50 PM

thx, will reread it more carefully Smiley

Yes indeed, was going to point you there, but hadn't refreshed forum in a while (so smooth already answered).

edit2: the transaction private key is never used, am I right? It's only used to calculate the transaction public key?

It is used, but only by the transaction creator. It's how they create a "shared secret" with the receiver.

ECDH(receiverViewPub, txPriv) == ECDH(txPub, receiverViewSec)
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 4863

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 01:23:31 AM

hey i think you mix two differen things up:

he was asking for RPC documentation. This means he just want to see a place where he can see what parameters he has to give to a function and what he will be getting back. the best solution to do this IS looking inside the code, since even people that can not code could read it if they know what they are looking for.

the thing you are talking about is documentation about cryptonode internal functionallity like ring signatures, stealth addresses etc. i agree documentation on this things are not good enough for the common public, but this was not the right way to bring this issue up since smooths answer was the best one to give.

how to deal with it? the funding page needs more content anyway and people at monero forum are trying to define a work package for the "monero about" page (https://forum.getmonero.org/7/open-tasks/346/about-monero-page-content). this would be the right way to go if your intention to change this should bear fruits one day . maybe we could inculde it there ?

the problem is, there are not a lot people who really know how all this works. only the devs can make such graphs

I actually was just pointing out that even something as simple as the rpc list should be easily accessible and updated as a matter of course and good programming practices.

Since there is a full time developer now wouldn't it be a good idea to create a flow chart?

https://github.com/monero-project/monero-site/issues/49

As much fun as the cryptonote whitepaper is to read a programmer has no need for the theory behind but rather the implementation of such. That is what is sorely lacking ATM.

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
GingerAle
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2015, 01:31:17 AM

he was asking for RPC documentation. This means he just want to see a place where he can see what parameters he has to give to a function and what he will be getting back. the best solution to do this IS looking inside the code, since even people that can not code could read it if they know what they are looking for.

the thing you are talking about is documentation about cryptonode internal functionallity like ring signatures, stealth addresses etc. i agree documentation on this things are not good enough for the common public, but this was not the right way to bring this issue up since smooths answer was the best one to give.

how to deal with it? the funding page needs more content anyway and people at monero forum are trying to define a work package for the "monero about" page (https://forum.getmonero.org/7/open-tasks/346/about-monero-page-content). this would be the right way to go if your intention to change this should bear fruits one day . maybe we could inculde it there ?

the problem is, there are not a lot people who really know how all this works. only the devs can make such graphs

I actually was just pointing out that even something as simple as the rpc list should be easily accessible and updated as a matter of course and good programming practices.

Since there is a full time developer now wouldn't it be a good idea to create a flow chart?

As much fun as the cryptonote whitepaper is to read a programmer has no need for the theory behind but rather the implementation of such. That is what is sorely lacking ATM.

i assume you're referring to Dr. Moo, aka Moneromoo, and technically he's a funded part-time developer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ll6LLGePYwM

< Track your bitcoins! > < Track them again! > <<< [url=https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1qomqt/what_a_landmark_legal_case_from_mid1700s_scotland/] What is fungibility? >>> 46P88uZ4edEgsk7iKQUGu2FUDYcdHm2HtLFiGLp1inG4e4f9PTb4mbHWYWFZGYUeQidJ8hFym2WUmWc p34X8HHmFS2LXJkf <<< Free subdomains at moneroworld.com!! >>> <<< If you don't want to run your own node, point your wallet to node.moneroworld.com, and get connected to a random node! @@@@ FUCK ALL THE PROFITEERS! PROOF OF WORK OR ITS A SCAM !!! @@@@
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 01:32:50 AM

Yes that's exactly what I meant. Specifically the RPC definitions in the code. You don't even need to understand the code to read them.

Yes I agree, crowdfunding is a good approach to this.

Hueristic, did you see the commit MoneroMooo posted which adds RPC definitions to the Developer Guide on the web site? That's work-in-progress, so not there yet, but on the way.

Hueristic
Legendary

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 01:34:57 AM

i assume you're referring to Dr. Moo, aka Moneromoo, and technically he's a funded part-time developer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ll6LLGePYwM

My bad, part time. Well any programmer worth his salt that knows the code should be able to kick out a flowchart in no time. It's simple.

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
Hueristic
Legendary

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 01:36:51 AM

Hueristic, did you see the commit MoneroMooo posted which adds RPC definitions to the Developer Guide on the web site? That's work-in-progress, so not there yet, but on the way.

I haven't, is it a full list? From the posts it seemed it was not, maybe I misread the conversation?

ADDED:

This is what I was referring to.

There is not completely RPC documentation that is up to date, unfortunately. The best place to look is the code, which in that respect is quite readable.

https://github.com/monero-project/bitmonero/blob/master/src/wallet/wallet_rpc_server_commands_defs.h
https://github.com/monero-project/bitmonero/blob/master/src/rpc/core_rpc_server_commands_defs.h

BTW, I am not knocking the contributions made as just by my cursory looks at the code it is a daunting task to be able to contribute anything code wise. I am just pointing out the Documentation HAS to be added as the work progresses and kept up to date for proper project management. this really doesn't need to be said though. Every programmer knows this.

smooth
Legendary

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 01:42:15 AM

I haven't, is it a full list? From the posts it seemed it was not, maybe I misread the conversation?

Here's what I see there now.  I don't know if it is complete but it looks close:

https://github.com/moneromooo-monero/monero-site/blob/wallet-rpc/knowledge-base/developer-guides/wallet-rpc.md

This is what I was referring to.

There is not completely RPC documentation that is up to date

So now we know (which I didn't know earlier) there is active work-in-progress on it.
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 01:47:14 AM

BTW, I am not knocking the contributions made as just by my cursory looks at the code it is a daunting task to be able to contribute anything code wise. I am just pointing out the Documentation HAS to be added as the work progresses and kept up to date for proper project management. this really doesn't need to be said though. Every programmer knows this.

This has been done. The new code has extensive comments, including block comments that describe design and implementation issues and decisions. Several other areas of the code have had comments added (by various project contributors). The original code apparently had nearly all the comments programmatically stripped out. (I have no idea how well commented it was before they were stripped, of course.) We have to do the best we can with that.

Hueristic
Legendary

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 01:47:48 AM

This is a list of the daemon and wallet RPC calls, along with their inputs and outputs.

According to this comment that should be the entire list, if my English comprehension is not failing me. Smiley

smooth
Legendary

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 01:48:52 AM

This is a list of the daemon and wallet RPC calls, along with their inputs and outputs.

According to this comment that should be the entire list, if my English comprehension is not failing me. Smiley

Yes that is clearly the intent. If you find some missing you can open issues or better yet a pull request with a fix.
Hueristic
Legendary

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 01:52:52 AM

This has been done. The new code has extensive comments, including block comments that describe design and implementation issues and decisions. Several other areas of the code have had comments added (by various project contributors). The original code apparently had nearly all the comments programmatically stripped out. (I have no idea how well commented it was before they were stripped, of course.) We have to do the best we can with that.

Good to know, are the code portions that have been fixed been commented as well? As soon as there is a flowchart the task of absorbing this project may be to the level where I can manage it. Smiley Getting old and forgetful is a real bitch. :|

Hueristic
Legendary

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 01:54:23 AM

Yes that is clearly the intent. If you find some missing you can open issues or better yet a pull request with a fix.

That is another thing that has been confusing me, I keep seeing "Add a Pull request" and my understanding of pull requests are Code changes.

smooth
Legendary

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 01:57:16 AM

Good to know, are the code portions that have been fixed been commented as well? As soon as there is a flowchart the task of absorbing this project may be to the level where I can manage it. Smiley Getting old and forgetful is a real bitch. :|

You should really try using doxygen to create graphs. It won't create a flowchart of the whole thing down to the individual statement level but it does create call graphs, class heirarchy graphs, usage graphs, etc.

pull request

We use the same git source code control for documentation and the web site itself.

What this means is that if there is something in terms of documentation or the web content you think should be added, changed, improved, etc. you don't need to ask someone else to do it, you can (and should) do it yourself. Even small pieces are helpful.

Hueristic
Legendary

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 02:06:32 AM

You should really try using doxygen to create graphs. It won't create a flowchart of the whole thing down to the individual statement level but it does create call graphs, class heirarchy graphs, usage graphs, etc.

pull request

We use the same git source code control for documentation and the web site itself.

What this means is that if there is something in terms of documentation or the web content you think should be added, changed, improved, etc. you don't need to ask someone else to do it, you can (and should) do it yourself. Even small pieces are helpful.

So I put this in the wrong place?

My mind is stuck in top down structure so it it painful although not impossible for me to use other methodologies. That is why I need that. I will try to use doxygen when time allows, I took a look at it when ginger posted it. I find it hard to believe no one has this done already.

smooth
Legendary

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 02:09:02 AM

pull request

So I put this in the wrong place?

No that's fine. monero-site includes the "knowledge base" and within that "developer guides" which could include that sort of documentation.

Of course better would be a pull request: "Here's a flowchart I created to add to the knowledge base. I couldn't fill in all the details so I left many parts blank." Then others can add to it...

elrippo
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 06:12:57 AM

Hy guys  Grin,
please do not forget to vote DAILY on cryptopia to get Monero listed!
Vote, Vote, Vote!!!

For Advertisement. PM me to discuss.
smfuser

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 06:54:09 AM

The original code apparently had nearly all the comments programmatically stripped out. (I have no idea how well commented it was before they were stripped, of course.)
What is the evidence that nearly all the comments were programmatically stripped out?
Pages: « 1 ... 1240 1241 1242 1243 1244 1245 1246 1247 1248 1249 1250 1251 1252 1253 1254 1255 1256 1257 1258 1259 1260 1261 1262 1263 1264 1265 1266 1267 1268 1269 1270 1271 1272 1273 1274 1275 1276 1277 1278 1279 1280 1281 1282 1283 1284 1285 1286 1287 1288 1289 [1290] 1291 1292 1293 1294 1295 1296 1297 1298 1299 1300 1301 1302 1303 1304 1305 1306 1307 1308 1309 1310 1311 1312 1313 1314 1315 1316 1317 1318 1319 1320 1321 1322 1323 1324 1325 1326 1327 1328 1329 1330 1331 1332 1333 1334 1335 1336 1337 1338 1339 1340 ... 2123 »
  Print  

Jump to: