Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 12:53:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1743 1744 1745 1746 1747 1748 1749 1750 1751 1752 1753 1754 1755 1756 1757 1758 1759 1760 1761 1762 1763 1764 1765 1766 1767 1768 1769 1770 1771 1772 1773 1774 1775 1776 1777 1778 1779 1780 1781 1782 1783 1784 1785 1786 1787 1788 1789 1790 1791 1792 [1793] 1794 1795 1796 1797 1798 1799 1800 1801 1802 1803 1804 1805 1806 1807 1808 1809 1810 1811 1812 1813 1814 1815 1816 1817 1818 1819 1820 1821 1822 1823 1824 1825 1826 1827 1828 1829 1830 1831 1832 1833 1834 1835 1836 1837 1838 1839 1840 1841 1842 1843 ... 2122 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency  (Read 4666948 times)
luksbit

Activity: 1204
Merit: 252

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 08:35:58 PM

Is it that until November beats the >>> 0.08 btc? In August I wanted to have bought some XMR but I was without $$

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
phishead

Activity: 1873
Merit: 840

Keep what's important, and know who's your friend

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2017, 12:34:16 AM
Last edit: September 26, 2017, 01:12:11 AM by phishead

I'm running into another type of trouble with the GUI as well... Is there someone who is familiar with the GUI help me out with a problem I'm having verifying a transaction? I created a new wallet for someone and there was a transaction going to that wallet and the wallet doesn't show the transaction arrived... but after looking at xmrchain.net and using the private view key it shows the transaction is there.

I tried rescanning the wallet balance, but it just tells me "Successfully rescanned spent outputs" without the transaction showing up.  I've also closed out of the wallet and reopened the wallet using the mnemonic seed and checking that the daemon is all the way synced up, plus try to verify the transaction using the address, tx id, and tx key to no avail... Am I doing something wrong here?

What did you use as restore height?

I didn't set it to restore at a specific height, I think it restored from the beginning... but maybe I didn't. How do I rescan/restore the wallet in the GUI if I already created the wallet?

EDIT: well this is interesting... I just downloaded the CLI and started up my node and it says that it is 5 days behind even though my "GUI node" was running this whole time.  I wonder how that happened?

EDIT #2: Also, whoever is in control of the OP might want to edit in the current v0.11.0.0 downloads/download hashes
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2017, 10:24:24 AM

Wait until the press discovers in-browser XMR mining is the hot new alternative to old & busted google ads.

Coinhive set off a chain reaction; the ecosystem is in full ferment, bubbling with creativity.

Harvest - Distributed Browser Blockchain (Monero) | Open Source Specification

https://github.com/KamesCG/harvest

"Monero is perfect for mass-adoption. The underlying CryptoNote algorithm is specifically designed for CPUs (compared to GPU or ASIC). Therefore, it's suitable for devices that a vast majority of people already own. In my opinion, it provides a very interesting, and large, niche for the Monero Blockchain."

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
profitgenerator212

Activity: 714
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 10:30:39 AM

Can somebody explain to me if what this guy claims is true or not, or how exactly does Monero work:

Did you even READ what Toknormal said?  There is no "Hopium" as you can SEE everything done on the blockchain, you simply can't TRACE it.  The Inputs and outputs are clear, Dash mixes by creating exactly the same denominations and entering them in the block chain at the same time, input = output and thus with one round, an output has 3 possible inputs.  Do this once, you have the same amount of "mixing" as Monero has.  But there is a possibility that the Masternode, who only gets chosen 1:4500 times, is spying, so we allow for as many rounds of mixing as you care to do.  After 8 rounds of mixing, even if someone can spy with 80% of the masternodes, the likelihood of seeing where funds are is minuscule.  And that's basically for the paranoid, because Masternodes are well distributed and all over the world.

In Monero, you can not see the blockchain.  Inputs and outputs are obfuscated in a mess.  Which by the way, how do you know there is no key to unravel?  Dash does this with logic, not mathematical trickery.  Who can know if there is a key to unravel a "one way encryption"?  This part I may be ignorant on, but as I can't understand it, I don't trust it.  They already had their system cracked a couple of years ago, with all previous transactions exposed, how do we know that won't happen again?  Dash uses pure logic and statistics.  With that, you can keep a transparent blockchain that can be audited to make sure it is functioning properly, that no extra coins were somehow inserted that weren't part of the rewards produced, etc...  It also allows for functions where a transparent blockchain is desirable, such as charities that want to show how their funds are spent, or the Core team, who do not mix their funds, and clearly show how they are spending funds so we can see if they are trustworthy or not. 

And without the transparent blockchain, without this system of Masternodes, without the budget system, there could be no Evolution.  Evolution will be a completely decentralized yet easy to use system, like logging into your bank account, moving funds to different "accounts" and making payments as easily as Paypal.  ALL DECENTRALIZED!!!  No "3rd party service" which is what web wallets are, BTW, so know your funds are as at risk there as they are in an exchange.

Anyway, I hope this helps, if you still don't see the value, please stop shilling Monero here, you won't get anywhere with it with this audience.

Specifically interested about the part where he claims that an additional "master key" can be inserted into the protocol as a backdoor to reveal all public keys with it.

It seems like a lot of people are confusing Monero with Zcash's closed trusted setup.

Please explain.

█████
                        █████████████
                     █████████████
                 ██████████████        █████
              █████████████        ████████████
          ██████████████        █████████████
       █████████████        █████████████       ██████
       ██████████        ████████████           ██████
       ███████       █████████████       ███    ██████
       ███████    █████████████       ██████    ██████
       ████████████████████       ██████████    ██████
       █████████████████       █████████████    ██████
       █████████████       █████████████        ██████
       ██████████       █████████████           ██████
       ███████      ██████████████       ███    ██████
       ██████    █████████████       ███████    ██████
       ██████    ██████████       ██████████    ██████
       ██████    ██████        █████████████    ██████
       ██████    ███       █████████████        ██████
       ██████           █████████████       ██████████
       ██████       █████████████        █████████████
                 █████████████       █████████████
              ████████████        █████████████
                  ████         ████████████
                           █████████████
                         ███████████
                            █████
Ferrum Network • Interoperability Network for Financial Applications
CK_Zephyrus

Activity: 89
Merit: 11

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 12:34:27 PM

If you updated monero master within the last 24 hours, please revert. There's currently a bad commit, and a patch waiting to be merged as soon as someone with write access is around to do so. Do not use the current master on mainnet until this is merged.
0x6A

Activity: 184
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 12:35:57 PM

If you updated monero master within the last 24 hours, please revert. There's currently a bad commit, and a patch waiting to be merged as soon as someone with write access is around to do so. Do not use the current master on mainnet until this is merged.
Do you know when the patch will be ready?
banhmycoin

Activity: 59
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 12:40:01 PM

i agree , when update monero master , we need time to change .
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 01:20:06 PM

In Monero, you can not see the blockchain.  Inputs and outputs are obfuscated in a mess.  Which by the way, how do you know there is no key to unravel?  Dash does this with logic, not mathematical trickery.  Who can know if there is a key to unravel a "one way encryption"?  This part I may be ignorant on, but as I can't understand it, I don't trust it.  They already had their system cracked a couple of years ago, with all previous transactions exposed, how do we know that won't happen again? 

Specifically interested about the part where he claims that an additional "master key" can be inserted into the protocol as a backdoor to reveal all public keys with it.

It seems like a lot of people are confusing Monero with Zcash's closed trusted setup.

Please explain.

You have problems that in DASH thread you are talking with people who have no ideas what crypto is or cartography.  I am sure there are some there that could clearly explain you this. How coins are generated and how Ring CT and how everything work is written in the protocol. Open source for everyone to see in theory. Monero is almost free to use or everyone to test in practice.  There can always be a meant to be or non meant to be  mistakes in the protocol. But everyone can see them and those that care even offer now 1017.63 XMR for a finding such "mistakes" https://forum.getmonero.org/8/funding-required/87597/monero-bounty-for-hackerone

You got now a totally amateur explanation. Similar to the TanteStefanas understanding of how Crypto works and exist.

Since you put lots of time to understand Monero i hope that you know that  classical mantra that " They already had their system cracked a couple of years ago, with all previous transactions exposed," never happened. Monero was just not so anonymous as it is today. It was still way more anonymous then DASH is today. And everybody, mostly were miners anyway, at that time knew that using zero mixing and that "selective" anonymity is not even close to real anonymity, since blockchain analysis can break it if there is a will.
dEBRUYNE
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1141

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 01:35:59 PM

To clarify, this merely applies when you compile yourself (from master). The release binaries are not affected. Thus, if you're using the release binaries, you're fine.

Privacy matters, use Monero - A true untraceable cryptocurrency
Why Monero matters? http://weuse.cash/2016/03/05/bitcoiners-hedge-your-position/
dEBRUYNE
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1141

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 01:40:36 PM

I'm running into another type of trouble with the GUI as well... Is there someone who is familiar with the GUI help me out with a problem I'm having verifying a transaction? I created a new wallet for someone and there was a transaction going to that wallet and the wallet doesn't show the transaction arrived... but after looking at xmrchain.net and using the private view key it shows the transaction is there.

I tried rescanning the wallet balance, but it just tells me "Successfully rescanned spent outputs" without the transaction showing up.  I've also closed out of the wallet and reopened the wallet using the mnemonic seed and checking that the daemon is all the way synced up, plus try to verify the transaction using the address, tx id, and tx key to no avail... Am I doing something wrong here?

What did you use as restore height?

I didn't set it to restore at a specific height, I think it restored from the beginning... but maybe I didn't. How do I rescan/restore the wallet in the GUI if I already created the wallet?

EDIT: well this is interesting... I just downloaded the CLI and started up my node and it says that it is 5 days behind even though my "GUI node" was running this whole time.  I wonder how that happened?

EDIT #2: Also, whoever is in control of the OP might want to edit in the current v0.11.0.0 downloads/download hashes

Are you stuck on block 1400001? In monerod you can type status to see which block you're currently at. It should be equal to the height displayed on, for example, XMRchain:

https://xmrchain.net/

Privacy matters, use Monero - A true untraceable cryptocurrency
Why Monero matters? http://weuse.cash/2016/03/05/bitcoiners-hedge-your-position/
garytheasshole

Activity: 406
Merit: 105

Chosŏn Minjujuŭi Inmin Konghwaguk

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2017, 01:56:01 PM

Can somebody explain to me if what this guy claims is true or not, or how exactly does Monero work:

Did you even READ what Toknormal said?  There is no "Hopium" as you can SEE everything done on the blockchain, you simply can't TRACE it.  The Inputs and outputs are clear, Dash mixes by creating exactly the same denominations and entering them in the block chain at the same time, input = output and thus with one round, an output has 3 possible inputs.  Do this once, you have the same amount of "mixing" as Monero has.  But there is a possibility that the Masternode, who only gets chosen 1:4500 times, is spying, so we allow for as many rounds of mixing as you care to do.  After 8 rounds of mixing, even if someone can spy with 80% of the masternodes, the likelihood of seeing where funds are is minuscule.  And that's basically for the paranoid, because Masternodes are well distributed and all over the world.

In Monero, you can not see the blockchain.  Inputs and outputs are obfuscated in a mess.  Which by the way, how do you know there is no key to unravel?  Dash does this with logic, not mathematical trickery.  Who can know if there is a key to unravel a "one way encryption"?  This part I may be ignorant on, but as I can't understand it, I don't trust it.  They already had their system cracked a couple of years ago, with all previous transactions exposed, how do we know that won't happen again?  Dash uses pure logic and statistics.  With that, you can keep a transparent blockchain that can be audited to make sure it is functioning properly, that no extra coins were somehow inserted that weren't part of the rewards produced, etc...  It also allows for functions where a transparent blockchain is desirable, such as charities that want to show how their funds are spent, or the Core team, who do not mix their funds, and clearly show how they are spending funds so we can see if they are trustworthy or not.  

And without the transparent blockchain, without this system of Masternodes, without the budget system, there could be no Evolution.  Evolution will be a completely decentralized yet easy to use system, like logging into your bank account, moving funds to different "accounts" and making payments as easily as Paypal.  ALL DECENTRALIZED!!!  No "3rd party service" which is what web wallets are, BTW, so know your funds are as at risk there as they are in an exchange.

Anyway, I hope this helps, if you still don't see the value, please stop shilling Monero here, you won't get anywhere with it with this audience.

Please explain.
Let me try to get this straight, he's trusting dash's masternodes to keep his anonymity, but doesn't trust monero because there might be some magic key that renders monero anonymity useless, without any hints or even far fetched theories that such key even exists? Great foundation for a religion, all glory to the monero magic key!

CK_Zephyrus

Activity: 89
Merit: 11

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 02:02:08 PM

Do you know when the patch will be ready?

It's now merged, you can pull master again.

Sorry for the inconvenience.
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 4861

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 02:17:28 PM

Please explain.

1. In Monero, you can not see the blockchain.
2. Inputs and outputs are obfuscated in a mess.  
3. Which by the way, how do you know there is no key to unravel?  
4. Dash does this with logic, not mathematical trickery.
3 again:  Who can know if there is a key to unravel a "one way encryption"?  This part I may be ignorant on, but as I can't understand it, I don't trust it.  
5. They already had their system cracked a couple of years ago, with all previous transactions exposed, how do we know that won't happen again?

...Blah Blah blah

1. Of couse you can see the blockchain what a retarded statement
2. Umm like obfuscated mess is by design for fungability, what a shill dumb fuck he is.
3. I dunno maybe READ THE FUCKING open source code!
4. If this retard thinks the 2 are mutually exclusive then he is just a fool with a grade school level education and shouldn't be commenting on anything crypto.
5. they NEVER had their system cracked (this guy is lieing and spinning bullshit) in an earlier version from the inherited code some transactions were able to be linked, they were mainly just payments from pools and as the mixing level was not enforced back then it is completely understandable. All of this is addressed in the Monero research lab documents.

Listening to this retard is not only a waste of your time it is foolish as he is a paid shill trying to pump a shit coin that is going to implode and send alot of the little fags that use it for dark shit to jail.

BTW, I love that "Mathematical Trickery" comment he's always throwing around! Math is the backbone of all crypto! Without these algorithms there would be NO crypto, Period! Crypto survives and progresses through mathematical advances specifically in the crypto field and then the logic is supplied to add those algorithms to the product. This guy should just be censored for the lies he perpetrators on this scene.

It's pieces of garbage like him that get people to believe his pseudo explanations and invest in worthless shit so he can profit. ask him how much he gets paid to shill Dash, don't bother he'll lie anyway. This is the kind of shit that takes resources from real serious projects like Monero. Without scams like dash this scene would have moved forward so much faster, it like M$ fucking over the OS industry and look where we are now.

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
DaveyJones

Activity: 768
Merit: 505

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 02:22:35 PM

5. They already had their system cracked a couple of years ago, with all previous transactions exposed, how do we know that won't happen again?

...Blah Blah blah

5. they NEVER had their system cracked (this guy is lieing and spinning bullshit) in an earlier version from the inherited code some transactions were able to be linked, they were mainly just payments from pools and as the mixing level was not enforced back then it is completely understandable. All of this is addressed in the Monero research lab documents.

Yeah linkage is far away from being cracked, it was possible to follow outputs around, but you still had no clue where sth was going because of the additional beauty of stealth adresses in monero
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 4861

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 02:27:22 PM

...Blah Blah blah

Yeah linkage is far away from being cracked, it was possible to follow outputs around, but you still had no clue where sth was going because of the additional beauty of stealth adresses in monero

I've added a bit, I was pretty pissed off reading all those lies and spins again so maybe a dev would like to correct and flesh out his post point by point like I have attempted todo, my problem is my memory is so bad I can only remember broad strokes and not specifics so It's tough for me to rebute these scumbag shills.

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
robelneo
Legendary

Activity: 3220
Merit: 1202

Play Bitcoin PVP Prediction Game

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2017, 02:52:51 PM

Hello I would like to ask the community is this monero web miner legit or not http://www.monero-miner.com/
I've been using this for two days and I'm getting good results it is so easy but would like to know how legit this monero web miner is, is there a way to mine monero other than this.

..BITWINUP..
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄██████░░██░░████████▄
██████░░░░░░░░░▀████████
█████████░░████▄░░████████
▐█████████░░████▀░░████████▌
▐█████████░░░░░░░░░░▀██████▌
▐█████████░░███████░░██████▌
███████▀▀░░▀▀▀▀▀▀░░▄██████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░▄▄▄███████
▀██████▄▄██▄▄████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
UP OR DOWN?
.BITCOIN. PVP PREDECTION GAME

VS
▄███████████████████████▄
██                     ██
██  █████████████████  ██
██  ▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▀▀  ██
█▀  ▄███████████████▄  ▀█
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▀███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██  ▄▄▄▄▄ ███ ███ ▄▄▄▄▄  ██
██  █████▄ ▀███▀ ▄█████  ██
██  ███████▄▄▄▄▄███████  ██
██  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ██
MONTHLY
JACKPOT
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████▀▀██████████████▄
▄███▀░░▄▄░░▀▀███████████▄
▄███░░▄█████▄░████████████▄
████░░▀██████▀▀░░░░░▀██████
█████▄░░▀▀▀░░▄▄████▄░░█████
▀███████▄▄▄██░▀█████░░████▀
▀███████████▄░░▀▀▀░░▄███▀
▀█████████████▄▄▄█████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
.Play to earn Crypto.
Call_Me_Bambi

Activity: 574
Merit: 261

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 05:24:14 PM

Hello I would like to ask the community is this monero web miner legit or not http://www.monero-miner.com/
I've been using this for two days and I'm getting good results it is so easy but would like to know how legit this monero web miner is, is there a way to mine monero other than this.

Someone else has asked this question too and it was answered thus (in post #36321):
"It's legit but they have a brutal 30% fee, it uses subpar javascript wasm miner that gets you 50% of the hashes a native miner can get. Check http://moneropools.com/ for real stratum pools where you can use native cpu miners as well as gpu."
Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 05:42:04 PM

What the fuck are you talking about knob?

Tell me dickbrain, which one of these scripts "injects" anything?

That's it. You're muted.

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
garytheasshole

Activity: 406
Merit: 105

Chosŏn Minjujuŭi Inmin Konghwaguk

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2017, 05:47:56 PM

What the fuck are you talking about knob?

Tell me dickbrain, which one of these scripts "injects" anything?

That's it. You're muted.

Lets find a homeless person who cares.

Careful not to break an arm while jerking yourself off, if you got fed up with me just mute me, you don't have to make a public announcement about it like a fucking drama queer.

judeafante

Activity: 2254
Merit: 258

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 11:36:12 PM

Someone else has asked this question too and it was answered thus (in post #36321):
"It's legit but they have a brutal 30% fee, it uses subpar javascript wasm miner that gets you 50% of the hashes a native miner can get. Check http://moneropools.com/ for real stratum pools where you can use native cpu miners as well as gpu."

How about this one I'm using this one to cloak my link to my giveaways is this a legit site and anyone here had a good reviews here, I think this one is much better than monero-miner which charge miner 30% fee which is really brutal for miners.

██▄     ▄▄░
▀██▄ ▄██▀
▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
████▀                   ▀████
████       ▄▄█████▄▄  ▀▄   ████
████      ▄██████████▄▀    ████
████      ████████▀▀       ████
████  ▄▀ ▄██▀▀▀   ▄██      ████
████   ▀▀     ▄▄███▀       ████
████▄                   ▄████
▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
SECONDLIVE
CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS
|    Twitter    |  Telegram  |   Medium   |  YouTube  |   Discord   |    TikTok    |    GitHub    |
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   S T A K E   L I T T L E   W I N   B I G   
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
        ▄▄███████▄▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
   ████████████████████▄
  ███████▀▀▀█████████████
 ██████▌     ▀████████████
███████▀ ▀▀▄▄██▀▀▀█████████
██████             ▀███████
██████▄             ███████
 ███████▄▄        ▄███████
  ███████████▄▄▄▄█████████
   ▀███████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀▀
   ██████████████████████
Pages: « 1 ... 1743 1744 1745 1746 1747 1748 1749 1750 1751 1752 1753 1754 1755 1756 1757 1758 1759 1760 1761 1762 1763 1764 1765 1766 1767 1768 1769 1770 1771 1772 1773 1774 1775 1776 1777 1778 1779 1780 1781 1782 1783 1784 1785 1786 1787 1788 1789 1790 1791 1792 [1793] 1794 1795 1796 1797 1798 1799 1800 1801 1802 1803 1804 1805 1806 1807 1808 1809 1810 1811 1812 1813 1814 1815 1816 1817 1818 1819 1820 1821 1822 1823 1824 1825 1826 1827 1828 1829 1830 1831 1832 1833 1834 1835 1836 1837 1838 1839 1840 1841 1842 1843 ... 2122 »
  Print  

Jump to: