Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 10:45:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Antminer U2's just stopped working after restart!!  (Read 1450 times)
strangerhacks (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 08:34:44 AM

I had some updates on my computer so after restarting I started up the .bat file again, same one I always use but for some reason only 4 Antminer's are starting up, I checked in control panel under devices and printers and it's showing all 10 hooked up but no matter what I do I can only get 4 to come up, I've tried switching pools and nothing, tried restarting and nothing, I even tried restoring to before the updates and still nothing, I'm really confused.

I even tried unhooking each hub and trying one hub at a time and still problems with each hub with all of them working, one hub has 3, only 2 come up in BFG Miner, another one has 3, still only 2 come up in BFG Miner, tried the third hub which has 4 (but no fan because it's in between the other two hubs so it gets plenty of air flow) and none of them come up in BFG Miner. It's the weirdest thing because they were all JUST working before I restarted my computer and now only 4 work.

Now.. The really weird part is that with all three hubs hooked up, I'm getting share flashes from one of the Antminers on the 4 unit hub (the one that says none work in BFG Miner) so I don't know what's going on.

Any suggestions? I don't have another computer handy right at the moment but as soon as I fix my old laptop I'm going to test these on there to see what's up.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
strangerhacks (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 08:57:59 AM

Okay, I've unhooked everything and plugged in each Antminer U2 one at a time, every one of them is good, runs nice and stable, tried different USB devices in the Anker 9+1 port hubs and they're all working fine, every port so that's not it, I started plugging the Antminers back in one at a time and they started working, it's so weird, they wouldn't work if I unplugged the hubs and plugged them back in, but with the hubs powered and plugged in, each Antminer U2 was coming up as it did before but this time it would work in BFG Miner too.

I found what the problem was, I forgot I was testing cooling angles with the fans so I could get a good overclock going and I had them set to 2.8GH/s before I restarted the computer so when I reset the .bat file from x0781 (1.6GH/s) back to x4C81 (2.6GH/s) I was on before doing Windows Updates I was watching it and it was just hardware errors non stop, they just kept going up so I stopped it, dropped it back down to the stable x0B81 (2.4GH/s) and again, only 4 would come up.

I unhooked everything again, reattached all three hubs with nothing in them and having them powered on, started plugging in each Antminer U2 one at a time and set my .bat file back to x0B81 and it's good again, all 10 running at 2.4GH/s without a problem, the heat sinks are cold to the touch from ambient objects in the room which I think is pretty impressive.

So, you know, if anyone else is having an issue after overclocking to 2.6GH/s, just unhook everything and plug them in one by one and they worked for me.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: