Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 06:01:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 [114] 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 ... 360 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][JPC]MAKE JACKPOTCOIN GREAT AGAIN!  (Read 470195 times)
Tyr808

Activity: 606
Merit: 278

06/19/11 17:51 Bought BTC 259684.77 for 0.0101

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 11:22:09 AM

Thanks MPH, for clarifying. I did assume it was very unlikely that an operator for many pools would risk it all to skim off the top. Happy to understand it now. You shall continue to receive my hash! Smiley

Hi

This is mining pool hub.
Sorry for late reply. I didn't notice these discussions until now.

I didn't steal jackpotcoin. I promise, I can say with my name, my parent's name, and my god's name.
I don't understand you guys just saying that I'm a thief, scam thing.

Actually, these days my server was suffering with performance issue with jackpotcoin.
I was considering to optimize jackpotcoin wallet.dat, since it has grown upto 200MB.
This big wallet makes my whole pool to get slow, so I was busy with solving this kind of it.
Didn't know even discussing this.

I actually don't know why you got less than you expected.

1. Did you check the block finding stats?
http://jackpotcoin.miningpoolhub.com/index.php?page=statistics&action=blocks

We are having 144.18% for Last 24 Hours. It means, 44% hashes were gone to air than ideal expectation.
As jackpotcoin wallet's are increasing, this stat became worse and worse. It was good at launching, 90% or so.
PoS block time is about 20 seconds, we have to reset all work when we receive new block info and spread it to all miners.

This overhead is not small. As p2p network don't guarantee block notification's to be done in few seconds, our pool may get new PoS block even two blocks after.
As you can see at cloudminer, their percentage is high too.

To say about p2p propagation delay, refer http://drk.poolhash.org/poolhash.html
"tsdiff" is the seconds delayed from what they found the block and the time the other nodes get the new block info.
This is not small. 10 to 32, even 112 seconds of delay occurs. It really makes problem with 20 seconds block time.

To compare with Maxcoin, which has 30 seconds block time's stat is about 120%, and other Darkcoin, which has 2.5 minute block time's stats is about 100% for All Time. You get it? Short block time makes PoW not run as ideal.
This is why some solo miners getting many orphaned blocks than other coins. His wallet need to connect to pool or big solo miners.

Even worse thing is, as more individual wallets are running, our pool need to collect new block info from solo mining, solo PoS wallets.
Pool wallets are different than other solo mining wallets, since we increase network connection count much more.
I modify MAX_OUTBOUND_CONNECTION in net.cpp and compile. Do solo miners do this?

It improves transactions, block info propagation faster. I recommend you to change this value for coin environment.

Other coin minings were Pool vs Pool, but this jackpotcoin is somewhat different. Very short block time, Many solo mining wallets.
This is why our percentage stat is getting worse time by time.

I didn't modify percentage values by my own. It shows the real value.
Check this stat with other coins, or other jackpotcoin pools. Last 24 Hours stat number can go up and down like roller coaster, see All Time Percentage.

2. Net hash decreased after jackpot found.

As jackpotcoin wallet's net hash doesn't work for PoW only, it shows wrong numbers. I know that dev team aware this problem.

I will tell you how to estimate the net hash in this situation.

See the Last 24 Hours row, last column. Rate Est.
It is just simple calculation that block should be found 720 a day, and this pool found 312 last 24 hours.
It is now 43.47%, so we can estimate the net hash by multiplying about x2.3 to pool hash.

Do you get it? Our pool hash dropped, and whole net hash dropped too.
It increases when jackpot value rises up, and it drops after jackpot.

I can say that this is why you got more coins these days.

3. You can check how many blocks you found and you generated at Block finder page.
Calculate it and compare with the Credit you earned in Transaction page.
It can vary very much, but I can say that high hashpower user tend to earn more than they generated coins on PROP rule.
I changed PROP to PPLNS few weeks ago, so this change may affected some high hashpower users.

This estimation is not reliable, since luck, probability needs much more data.
There might some people got more blocks than expected, and less blocks than expected.

I don't control it. Just MPOS distribute it by calculating their shares.
Don't blame me if you got less coins than you generated. It means that your GPU was lucky than other miners.

4. Solo mining don't have overhead of network latency from pool to miners.
It may increase performance, but not sure how much it will.
I think this time is about 2~3 seconds to propagate to all miners.
2~3 seconds for 20 block time is 10%. It's not small in this case.

This latency affects "Rejected rate", you would aware that this is rather important.
Again, I'm saying that 20 seconds block time makes weird things comparing to other coins.
You may earn more coins with solo mining time to time. You'd better try solo mining if you have high hash power.

I didn't test or simulate, but just want to say there is overhead on pool and this overhead may be bigger problem than other coins due to 20 seconds block time.

5. Are you sure you didn't calculate PoS mining?
They are all written as "mined", so you need to separate them from PoW.

Summary.

The right method to compare pooled mining and solo mining is to separate GPU half and half and run it simultaneously at same time.
And it needs more than 3 days, since PPLNS payout needs time to boot up.

I'm running other coins also, didn't get any complain like this before.
Jackpotcoin is not my first coin pool. I had run many coins with providing trust and fast feedback.

I like jackpotcoin, but why do I scam with only jackpotcoin?

I tried my best to offer good service.
I tried to listen to many miners saying and changed jackpot distribution rule to satisfy miners. I even opened poll since I heard many complains about the rule.
What do I have to do then?

Complaints about jackpot rule and blaming as I'm a thief..

Optimization and lowering network latency needs more work to do but don't blame me as I stole coins. I didn't. Really.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mkimid

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

Have A Nice Day

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 12:29:22 PM

Hey guys, I got some good news!
JPC will get listed on Bittrex soon Grin
I sent an email to Bittrex yesterday for accepting JPC and I got reply from them.

I got the same reply last week when I wrote to them. The question is WHAT list? Their list of active coins or their "to do" list? I hope for the active list Smiley

Thank you for the good news

Have a nice day
mkimid

Activity: 336

Have A Nice Day

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 12:31:16 PM

Hi

This is mining pool hub.

I didn't steal jackpotcoin. I promise, I can say with my name, my parent's name, and my god's name.

Actually, these days my server was suffering with performance issue with jackpotcoin.
I was considering to optimize jackpotcoin wallet.dat, since it has grown upto 200MB.
This big wallet makes my whole pool to get slow, so I was busy with solving this kind of it.

We are having 144.18% for Last 24 Hours. It means, 44% hashes were gone to air than ideal expectation.
As jackpotcoin wallet's are increasing, this stat became worse and worse. It was good at launching, 90% or so.
PoS block time is about 20 seconds, we have to reset all work when we receive new block info and spread it to all miners.

This overhead is not small. As p2p network don't guarantee block notification's to be done in few seconds, our pool may get new PoS block even two blocks after.

"tsdiff" is the seconds delayed from what they found the block and the time the other nodes get the new block info.
This is not small. 10 to 32, even 112 seconds of delay occurs. It really makes problem with 20 seconds block time.

To compare with Maxcoin, which has 30 seconds block time's stat is about 120%, and other Darkcoin, which has 2.5 minute block time's stats is about 100% for All Time. You get it? Short block time makes PoW not run as ideal.
This is why some solo miners getting many orphaned blocks than other coins. His wallet need to connect to pool or big solo miners.

Even worse thing is, as more individual wallets are running, our pool need to collect new block info from solo mining, solo PoS wallets.
Pool wallets are different than other solo mining wallets, since we increase network connection count much more.
I modify MAX_OUTBOUND_CONNECTION in net.cpp and compile. Do solo miners do this?

It improves transactions, block info propagation faster. I recommend you to change this value for coin environment.

Other coin minings were Pool vs Pool, but this jackpotcoin is somewhat different. Very short block time, Many solo mining wallets.

Check this stat with other coins, or other jackpotcoin pools. Last 24 Hours stat number can go up and down like roller coaster, see All Time Percentage.

As jackpotcoin wallet's net hash doesn't work for PoW only, it shows wrong numbers. I know that dev team aware this problem.

It is just simple calculation that block should be found 720 a day, and this pool found 312 last 24 hours.
It is now 43.47%, so we can estimate the net hash by multiplying about x2.3 to pool hash.

3. You can check how many blocks you found and you generated at Block finder page.
It can vary very much, but I can say that high hashpower user tend to earn more than they generated coins on PROP rule.
I changed PROP to PPLNS few weeks ago, so this change may affected some high hashpower users.

There might some people got more blocks than expected, and less blocks than expected.

Don't blame me if you got less coins than you generated. It means that your GPU was lucky than other miners.

This latency affects "Rejected rate", you would aware that this is rather important.
Again, I'm saying that 20 seconds block time makes weird things comparing to other coins.
You may earn more coins with solo mining time to time. You'd better try solo mining if you have high hash power.

I didn't test or simulate, but just want to say there is overhead on pool and this overhead may be bigger problem than other coins due to 20 seconds block time.

Summary.

The right method to compare pooled mining and solo mining is to separate GPU half and half and run it simultaneously at same time.

Jackpotcoin is not my first coin pool. I had run many coins with providing trust and fast feedback.

I tried to listen to many miners saying and changed jackpot distribution rule to satisfy miners. I even opened poll since I heard many complains about the rule.

Optimization and lowering network latency needs more work to do but don't blame me as I stole coins. I didn't. Really.

Thank you for your good explanation,
Hope for the miner to understand what you explain ~
Cheer up

Have a nice day
btc-facebook
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1015

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 12:32:27 PM

Hi

This is mining pool hub.

Summary.

Thank you for your good explanation,
Hope for the miner to understand what you explain ~
Cheer up
+100
jsamul

Activity: 300

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 12:34:15 PM

nice quotes guys... go on!
JackpotCoin (OP)

Activity: 343

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 02:24:18 PM

www.jpcdice.com hits 1,000,000 bets

2,240,345,389 JPC coins wagers

USD$38,420

155,234,298 JPC  invested

Amazing numbers! Glad JPC is a coin of choice for players!
toto31

Activity: 136
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 03:55:43 PM

1.5 BTC in buy orders at 3 satoshis on AllCrypt! Nice!
omahapoker

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 04:25:38 PM

1.5 BTC in buy orders at 3 satoshis on AllCrypt! Nice!

in a week you wont be able to buy at 3 anymore
omahapoker

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 05:15:38 PM

165 million JPC being invested at www.jpcdice.com

2.6 billion JPC wagered

$38,000

in 4 days!!!
maryvale

Activity: 254

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 05:19:43 PM

165 million JPC being invested at www.jpcdice.com

2.6 billion JPC wagered

$38,000

in 4 days!!!

Very impressive!
maryvale

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 05:44:44 PM

jackpot to 2.3 millions now, not bad Smiley
prix

Activity: 750
Merit: 511

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 06:00:44 PM

Yes but how do we win the jackpot? Ive read the thread but I cant see how to win!
What have I overlooked?
I mean, do I need to mine or can you get Jackpot with POS?
Jackpot is paid only for POW-blocks (mining). You must have a lot of luck and hashing power.
kebabman

Activity: 655
Merit: 504

You wan chili saus?

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 06:03:40 PM

Or just a lot of luck, the last 81million jackpot was won by a guy mining with only 18MH. Smiley
maryvale

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 06:06:39 PM

Or just a lot of luck, the last 81million jackpot was won by a guy mining with only 18MH. Smiley

This sounds very cool, as long as you mine, there's a chance... but some pools pay 100% to the finder, some proportional, so you can choose what you want.
omahapoker

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 06:09:39 PM

you guys gotta get more gambling sites up. jpcdice is going to be #1 dice site soon

JPC is perfect for casino games. it mnakes sense
AizenSou

Activity: 938

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 06:46:39 PM

mininghubpools is legitimate and trustful. This guy runs most of his pool without fee and only rely on donation, folks.
I still don't understand small miners immediately complains why they get their payouts 5 minutes later than it should be or their earnings are 10% lower than expected without the skill to read the pool stats. Did you ever see a whale miner comes in and complains?
valley365

Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 06:55:56 PM

www.jpcdice.com hits 1,000,000 bets

2,240,345,389 JPC coins wagers

USD$38,420

155,234,298 JPC  invested

Amazing numbers! Glad JPC is a coin of choice for players!

wonderful Smiley
valley365

Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 07:53:00 PM

jackpot to 2.3 millions now, not bad Smiley

2.5 mil now, I like the parabolic way  Wink
kebabman

Activity: 655
Merit: 504

You wan chili saus?

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 08:05:59 PM

mininghubpools is legitimate and trustful. This guy runs most of his pool without fee and only rely on donation, folks.
I still don't understand small miners immediately complains why they get their payouts 5 minutes later than it should be or their earnings are 10% lower than expected without the skill to read the pool stats. Did you ever see a whale miner comes in and complains?

I am a small miner (~16MH), and I know how to read the pool stats, thanks. Using my amazing power of reading (yes it was hard to leverage such skills, I need a lie down now) I was able to determine I earned the pool 6,775,400JPC vs 2,304,203JPC that was paid out to me….now I know I am just a stupid small miner who finds it even harder to count numbers over 10 than it is to read them, but that seems to be a bigger difference than 10% to me. Wink

Also, see the thread over the last two pages, the guy complaining had over 400MH, does that not count as a whale? Maybe I'm not the one that has trouble reading. Smiley

Of course all us small miners are idiots, so I'll quit complaining now and scurry off back to my hole.  Roll Eyes
JackpotCoin (OP)

Activity: 343

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 08:37:21 PM

You can now vote for JPC on https://hitbtc.com/vote (votes from registered users will be multiplied x10)
Pages: « 1 ... 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 [114] 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 ... 360 »
  Print  

Jump to: