Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 04:19:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Here it comes  (Read 6562 times)
ineededausername (OP)

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

bitcoin hundred-aire

View Profile
January 12, 2012, 10:28:43 PM

This is it!  $10 here we come!

(BFL)^2 < 0

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Serge
Legendary

Activity: 1050

View Profile
January 12, 2012, 10:29:58 PM

all house wives will rush to get a bitcoin? ) $100 here we come! lolz
simonk83

Activity: 798

View Profile
January 12, 2012, 10:36:54 PM

I'm at work so I can't really check too much, but what's changed to make you think that?  It's still at $6.80 as far as I can tell (like the last few days)...

Don't get me wrong, I hope you're right Smiley

EDIT: Just realised there might be a picture in your post that's been blocked so I can't see it (I rarely see any attachments from this forum when I'm at work) Smiley
Vandroiy
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 12, 2012, 10:38:57 PM

I find the idea to blow up price by drawing in more speculators speculatacular.

Just that I don't see how the outcome should differ from last time, apart from the spike being dampened by the experience. Or not happening at all unless someone wants to keep the price hike show up.

So, on a more serious note, I don't think this is how it should work. The proposal is a Ponzi scheme if people are supposed to expect price to keep growing at current speeds on logscale.
NamelessOne
Legendary

Activity: 840

View Profile
January 12, 2012, 10:42:36 PM

Bring it on! I eagerly await this.
Bro

Activity: 218
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 12, 2012, 10:50:46 PM

correction to 10$ ?
yogi
Legendary

Activity: 947
Merit: 1042

Hamster ate my bitcoin

View Profile
January 12, 2012, 10:53:55 PM

So what's the time-frame on that inau?

Cluster2k
Legendary

Activity: 1692
Merit: 1018

View Profile
January 12, 2012, 10:56:04 PM

I predict the TV show will have no further impact on bitcoin, and that after viewing it people will be complaining on this forum that 'they didn't mention bitcoin enough' and 'they didn't say how great it is'.
pirateat40
Avast Ye!

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

"Yes I am a pirate, 200 years too late."

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2012, 10:58:16 PM

I will officially go on record and say that anyone buying over 6.50 will be sorry they did.

Ok back to the show.

NamelessOne
Legendary

Activity: 840

View Profile
January 12, 2012, 11:01:46 PM

I predict the TV show will have no further impact on bitcoin, and that after viewing it people will be complaining on this forum that 'they didn't mention bitcoin enough' and 'they didn't say how great it is'.

I agree with this. The show is a fiction drama, most viewers, 98%, won't even have the thought cross their mind that bitcoin is even real. They will think of it as fiction on a fiction show. I don't know about anyone else, but when I watch a movie or TV show I'm not instantly compelled to start googling the names of companies or technologies in the show.
rebuilder
Legendary

Activity: 1615

View Profile
January 12, 2012, 11:02:31 PM

Jan. 08 :

Selling out to advertisers shows you respect neither yourself nor the rest of us.
---------------------------------------------------------------
Too many low-quality posts? Mods not keeping things clean enough? Self-moderated threads let you keep signature spammers and trolls out!
FreeMoney
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1014

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2012, 11:17:03 PM

I agree with this. The show is a fiction drama, most viewers, 98%, won't even have the thought cross their mind that bitcoin is even real. They will think of it as fiction on a fiction show. I don't know about anyone else, but when I watch a movie or TV show I'm not instantly compelled to start googling the names of companies or technologies in the show.

The people who 'get' bitcoin or will anytime soon are mostly here. The masses are going to take 3-10 exposures to start taking it seriously. Mark one down imo.

Get ready for 123678 wft-Bitcoin-is-a-real-thing moments over the next 3 months.

Play Bitcoin Poker at sealswithclubs.eu. We're active and open to everyone.
Revalin

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

165YUuQUWhBz3d27iXKxRiazQnjEtJNG9g

View Profile
January 12, 2012, 11:27:34 PM

Just that I don't see how the outcome should differ from last time, apart from the spike being dampened by the experience. Or not happening at all unless someone wants to keep the price hike show up.

Hush!  We're trying to set up a bubble here!  Smiley

The proposal is a Ponzi scheme if people are supposed to expect price to keep growing at current speeds on logscale.

It's not a Ponzi (centralized).  It's much closer to a pyramid scheme (decentralized).

The wildly-optimistic scenario isn't for eternal growth, but just very fast growth up to the scale of fiat money supplies, first as speculators try to get in early, later as people switch from fiat to BTC on a widespread scale.

War is God's way of teaching Americans geography.  --Ambrose Bierce
Bitcoin is the Devil's way of teaching geeks economics.  --Revalin 165YUuQUWhBz3d27iXKxRiazQnjEtJNG9g
ineededausername (OP)

bitcoin hundred-aire

View Profile
January 12, 2012, 11:36:04 PM

Jan. 08 :

Yes, and if the price dips below the support on this wedge you should probably short.

There is always an alternate scenario.

(BFL)^2 < 0
sgbett
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1087

View Profile
January 12, 2012, 11:36:23 PM

MACD crossover incoming...

RSI still flirting with 70.

Still, we could quite easily punch through $7.20 at any second, and I think that will result in a serious squeeze.

I wouldn't like to call this one. I'll stay on the sidelines for now.

"A purely peer-to-peer version of electronic cash would allow online payments to be sent directly from one party to another without going through a financial institution" - Satoshi Nakamoto
*my posts are not investment advice*
legitnick

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2012, 11:48:00 PM

5 BITCOIN RAFFLE GIVEAWAY
"I dont lift" - Lord Furrycoat
sgbett
Legendary

View Profile
January 13, 2012, 12:08:39 AM

argh I cannot resist... FOMO'd

100% long on gox...

"A purely peer-to-peer version of electronic cash would allow online payments to be sent directly from one party to another without going through a financial institution" - Satoshi Nakamoto
ineededausername (OP)

bitcoin hundred-aire

View Profile
January 13, 2012, 12:09:47 AM

100% long on gox...

Heh, 100% Shocked

(BFL)^2 < 0
sgbett
Legendary

View Profile
January 13, 2012, 12:12:35 AM

100% long on gox...

Heh, 100% Shocked

Yeah, no zhoutonging to worry about there! worst case scenario i've upped my long term core holding at a slightly higher price.

I still got my bids lined up on bitcoinica in case of any dip Cheesy

Technomage
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1056

Affordable Physical Bitcoins - Denarium.com

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2012, 12:30:09 AM

I honestly don't have big expectations from the TV show. It's a fictional drama that has a viewer base which probably don't understand nor care about Bitcoin even after watching the show. I'm of course interested in the show but expecting the prices to skyrocket because of it is expecting too much. It'll depend on how the show is but to me there is a low possibility of it being very beneficial to Bitcoin. However I could be wrong and I'm happy if that happens to be the case. We'll see.

But this doesn't change the fact that we're going up, maybe not rocketing up but Bitcoin is way too significant and a fundamentally growing technology to ever be stable at single digits. The market cap is simply way too low at these levels, at this point in time.

This year Bitcoin will go to a whole another level, for me it's totally insignificant if it happens next week or 6 months from now. I'm not a trader unless I'm forced to do it, I'm an investor and an enterpreneur. I plan on not selling a single satoshi unless I actually need the money or am forced to start trading due to an apparent downtrend/bubble collapse. The ideal scenario would be that I could hold my BTC for long enough to simply use it directly when I need it, without the need to ever change it into fiat again.

This ideal scenario is of course quite optimistic, I believe we will see a couple of bubbles before I'm able to use BTC for the majority of my purchases. This will mean that at some point I have to hide the bull temporarily, once again. Happy to be a bull on all accounts right now though, expecting it to last for quite a while. The next wave of interest will be hell of a lot bigger than the first big wave because something like this doesn't just come back from the dead if it's nothing, investors will be more interested than ever before.

There is another possibility that I'm considering though and this is that we could go very high without it actually being a bubble, for the most part. A good part of the "Bitcoin collapse" was because there were a good number of serious incidents that basically caused a serious reliability issue for the whole economy. The market was overbought, yes, but without all of those incidents I simply can't believe it would've ever gone as low as $2.

So we will have some kind of a bubble for sure but I think it's very likely that without multiple serious incidents we will never have the type of bubble we had in June and after. It's simply not going to happen. Bitcoin could, and I'm serious about this, simply go up and up, with small and some bigger corrections on the way of course, until it reaches the point where it doesn't see significant growth anymore, from either investments or usage. This could take approximately 5-10 years.

I simply don't think that it's possible for us to see Bitcoin go up 1000% and then lose 90% of its value. Unless a lot of very bad shit happens, just like we saw happen in 2011. So my advice is to look for this bad shit very carefully, if it doesn't come I think it's a good idea to be long on bitcoins, very long in fact.

Denarium closing sale discounts now up to 43%! Check out our products from here!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: