Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 01:07:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: To good people at BitInstant, TradeHill and Bitcoin Print Shop - Good Words!  (Read 1382 times)
shakaru (OP)

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

QUIFAS EXCHANGE

View Profile
January 14, 2012, 07:06:31 PM

Recently with some banks in the US Banking System cutting off access to the assets of several exchanges, many of us who use Bitcoin for day to day and sometimes emergency expenses were suddenly put on hold. A few days before these holds were put into effect, I had been speaking with some of the other people who work in bitcoin eCommerce as to me having to sell my sharess of ShatoshiDeamon.HORSE on GLBSE and use the funds for an emergency expense.
During that quick time and going to withdraw to my paxum account, stuff has gone down in the banks and not quite at the exhange level yet. So my cash was caught up in limbo for a while now with no real timeframe on when it would be useable. Step in Charlie (Yankee) of BitInstant.
We had been speaking about BitInstant having paxum out in the future, and charlie was able to get the guys at the exhange to refund my haulted withdraw, and personally took over the paxum transfer for me. All this while in the middle of an international flight too. This was compleatly amazing and I am still in shock as to the effort of everyone involed...

Charlie (BitInstant)
Jared (TradeHill for personally addressing the refund)
Deslok ( BitcoinPrintShop - For contacting everyone and doing all of this without my knowledge. You cheeky bastard!)

If thats not service and community commitment, I dont know what is. Thank you all once again.

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
                         ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
                       ▄███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▄
                     ▄█████▄▄██████████████▄▄█████▄
        ██████  █████████▄████████████████████▄█████
        ██████  ███████▄████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▄████
                      ▄██████▀████████████▀██████▄████
███████   █████████████████████████████████████████████
███████   █████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████
     ██████████████████████████████████████████████████
     ██████████████████████████████████████████████████
                     █████████████████████████████████
            ██████████▀██████▄████████████▄██████▀████
            ███████████▀████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄███
                    █████▀████████████████▄▀██████▄
                     ▀█████▀▀██████████████▀██▀██████▄
                       ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀▀▀
                         ▀▀██████████████████▀▀
                             ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
QUIFAS                    
                    ███
 █              ███ ███
 █              ███  █
███          █  ███
███         ███  █
███  █      ███  █
    ███  █  ███  █
    ███ ███  █   █
     █   █   █
     █      
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Yankee (BitInstant)
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1000

Charlie 'Van Bitcoin' Shrem

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2012, 01:03:24 AM

Always a pleasure, glad we come help  Cheesy

Bitcoin pioneer. An apostle of Satoshi Nakamoto. A crusader for a new, better, tech-driven society. A dreamer.

More about me: http://CharlieShrem.com
Jered Kenna (TradeHill)

Activity: 420

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2012, 01:29:33 AM

Thank you for the kind words. It's a challenge sometimes to make this work with the banks and balance all the different deposit and withdrawal methods. We are very passionate about Bitcoin and want this to continue to be a success. We welcome all feedback both good and bad and are continuing to make upgrades to our platform. Mostly behind the scenes but you'll see some changes soon.

Thanks again,
Jered

moneyandtech.com
@moneyandtech @jeredkenna
deslok

Activity: 462

It's all about the game, and how you play it

View Profile
January 15, 2012, 05:39:09 AM

Someone has to pull the strings behind the scenes  Wink

"If we don't hang together, by Heavens we shall hang separately." - Benjamin Franklin

If you found that funny or something i said useful i always appreciate spare change
1PczDQHfEj3dJgp6wN3CXPft1bGB23TzTM
Dinkytoyz

Activity: 43
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 15, 2012, 11:30:09 PM

Recently with some banks in the US Banking System cutting off access to the assets of several exchanges, many of us who use Bitcoin for day to day and sometimes emergency expenses were suddenly put on hold. A few days before these holds were put into effect, I had been speaking with some of the other people who work in bitcoin eCommerce as to me having to sell my sharess of ShatoshiDeamon.HORSE on GLBSE and use the funds for an emergency expense.
During that quick time and going to withdraw to my paxum account, stuff has gone down in the banks and not quite at the exhange level yet. So my cash was caught up in limbo for a while now with no real timeframe on when it would be useable. Step in Charlie (Yankee) of BitInstant.
We had been speaking about BitInstant having paxum out in the future, and charlie was able to get the guys at the exhange to refund my haulted withdraw, and personally took over the paxum transfer for me. All this while in the middle of an international flight too. This was compleatly amazing and I am still in shock as to the effort of everyone involed...

Charlie (BitInstant)
Jared (TradeHill for personally addressing the refund)
Deslok ( BitcoinPrintShop - For contacting everyone and doing all of this without my knowledge. You cheeky bastard!)

If thats not service and community commitment, I dont know what is. Thank you all once again.

As much as I like to hear that you got your cash, I cant help feeling a bit strange for you speaking so high of Jared at the moment. Jared didnt send any email to any TH user about their account but in the meantime does take the time to help one single user. He didnt even update the TH blog and keeps alot of people in the dark about quite large sums of cash. At the moment I am broke as can be, I borrow money left and right to be able to pay electricity costs, rent and keep myself alive.
antares

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 16, 2012, 01:12:44 AM

hmm, I have to second Dinkytoyz post.
I mean, I am currently really worried about tradehill. Their SSL certificate is expired, and we did not hear from them for a longer time. I didn't even notice why paxum transfers did not go through as usual.

In the mean time there's hardly any way to get money into tradehill, and all that during a time of an exchange rate rally.

I really hope tradehill comes forward and shows to us that they are still alive. And to be honest, the only exchange related site around bitcoin I can really say "wow their support is awesome" is bitinstant. I think if Yankee and Gareth would open their own exchange, with their support and the expressed professionalism they showed over the last months they would surely take a lot of customers out of mtgox AND tradehill.
finway

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 16, 2012, 02:31:48 PM

Yeah, BitInstant is Great!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: