Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 07:23:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Lketc-Miner: God beware - it's getting warm!  (Read 919 times)
inzli (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 02:50:45 PM

I have two Lketc-miner running here, both supposed to deliver 1 Th/s. That's what they did in the beginning. "Beginning" means: For about a week. Then, the first of the two miners reduced the hashing speed to 500 Gh/s. It turned out that the PSU only deliveres juice on two channels, two are death.

Meanwhile, it is getting warmer outside. And all the sudden, the second of my miners also reduced its hashing power to 50 %. Again: The PSU stopped delivering juice on two ports.

Reactions from Lketc: Nothing. Nada. "Nancy" seems to have disappeared (well, I maybe should try to buy another one, I'm sure she would pop up...).

So this leaves me with additional costs of +400 US$ for two PSU and the feeling, that these miners may not be worth all the money.

We have 20°C outside, and I'm afraid things may get worse once it is getting hot...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bobsag3

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 02:51:49 PM

I have two Lketc-miner running here, both supposed to deliver 1 Th/s. That's what they did in the beginning. "Beginning" means: For about a week. Then, the first of the two miners reduced the hashing speed to 500 Gh/s. It turned out that the PSU only deliveres juice on two channels, two are death.

Meanwhile, it is getting warmer outside. And all the sudden, the second of my miners also reduced its hashing power to 50 %. Again: The PSU stopped delivering juice on two ports.

Reactions from Lketc: Nothing. Nada. "Nancy" seems to have disappeared (well, I maybe should try to buy another one, I'm sure she would pop up...).

So this leaves me with additional costs of +400 US$ for two PSU and the feeling, that these miners may not be worth all the money.

We have 20°C outside, and I'm afraid things may get worse once it is getting hot...

The 1000w psus they include are just not good enough, same as the S2 form bitmain. They need to be including 1200-1300w supplies, my Dragons love the EVGA G2 1300w, or a paid of HX/AX 850's
inzli (OP)

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 02:54:18 PM

The 1000w psus they include are just not good enough, same as the S2 form bitmain. They need to be including 1200-1300w supplies, my Dragons love the EVGA G2 1300w, or a paid of HX/AX 850's

Yep, I just ordered two PSUs with 1200+. I guess I'll gonna keep them outside of the case just to prevent an overheating. Funny fact is: Although only two blades are powered, it shows me the temperature of all four blades. Is this normal?
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2014, 03:08:09 PM

Yep, I just ordered two PSUs with 1200+. I guess I'll gonna keep them outside of the case just to prevent an overheating. Funny fact is: Although only two blades are powered, it shows me the temperature of all four blades. Is this normal?
Yes if they're using external temperature sensors, which they probably are because its cheaper.

inzli (OP)

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 03:16:55 PM

Yes if they're using external temperature sensors, which they probably are because its cheaper.

Thanks. Puh, it's hot in there. The temperature #1 is 32°C, #4 is 66°C.... I guess this also killed the PSU: It shouldn't get hotter than 40°C...
jimrome

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 09:30:38 AM

Mine shipped with 1200W PSUs. I'm actually really happy with both of them, and I wish I could order more. Attached pic is of my second dragon, seen warming up a hallway while I worked on the rack.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: