Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 10:22:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Satoshi Nakamoto: The Next 24 Hours  (Read 8831 times)
legolouman

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

Decent Programmer to boot!

View Profile
April 03, 2012, 01:35:51 AM

I believe I may have bumped into Satoshi Nakamoto in real life one day in the late 90's or early '00s.

we had a conversation while waiting in line.  It was about computers, fixing the money system and a few other things that I forget now.  Wish I knew where i put that business card.

I'll offer a 1 Satoshi bounty if you find that business card. Somebody please quote me, thereby locking this offer in stone.

~Bruno~

I'll double it. TWO whole Satoshis!

If you love me, you'd give me a Satoshi!
BTC - 1MSzGKh5znbrcEF2qTrtrWBm4ydH5eT49f
LTC - LYeJrmYQQvt6gRQxrDz66XTwtkdodx9udz

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2012, 01:46:43 AM

I believe I may have bumped into Satoshi Nakamoto in real life one day in the late 90's or early '00s.

we had a conversation while waiting in line.  It was about computers, fixing the money system and a few other things that I forget now.  Wish I knew where i put that business card.

I'll offer a 1 Satoshi bounty if you find that business card. Somebody please quote me, thereby locking this offer in stone.

~Bruno~

I raise the pot. Now 4, count 'em, 4 Satoshis. Start hunting down that business card, opticbit, for I see the bounty climbing.

~Bruno~
legolouman

View Profile
April 03, 2012, 01:49:39 AM

~Bruno~

I raise the pot. Now 4, count 'em, 4 Satoshis. Start hunting down that business card, opticbit, for I see the bounty climbing.

~Bruno~

I raise it again.

5 whole Satoshis! I'm starting to risk bankruptcy.

Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2012, 02:26:00 AM

~Bruno~

~Bruno~

I raise it again.

Dude, you're breaking my balls. Allow me time to check my balance. Until then, spank yourself.

legolouman

View Profile
April 03, 2012, 08:57:52 PM

~Bruno~

~Bruno~

I raise it again.

Dude, you're breaking my balls. Allow me time to check my balance. Until then, spank yourself.

So that's why I'm so strapped for cash! I forgot I ordered on of those things!

paraipan
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1004

Firstbits: 1pirata

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2012, 09:19:59 PM

we had a conversation while waiting in line.  It was about computers, fixing the money system and a few other things that I forget now.  Wish I knew where i put that business card.

~Bruno~

~Bruno~

I raise it again.

So that's why I'm so strapped for cash! I forgot I ordered on of those things!

where is your satoshi ? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EpWOzIzhf8

BTCitcoin: An Idea Worth Saving - Q&A with bitcoins on rugatu.com - Check my rep
schnell

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 06, 2012, 09:38:09 PM

Is there an archive of the old forum?
Have you looked at all his posts to see if he accidently mentioned anything/used slang from a particular country?
rjk

Activity: 448

1ngldh

View Profile
April 06, 2012, 09:41:02 PM

Have you looked at all his posts to see if he accidently mentioned anything/used slang from a particular country?
You can download the entire archive of forum posts (not including restricted forums) from the file that theymos posted recently. Look at some of the recent posts in Meta to find that thread.

Additionally, in another thread somewhere (not sure where), theymos also posted all of Satoshi's posts in the restricted sections in one big quote.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
schnell

View Profile
April 06, 2012, 11:03:25 PM

You can download the entire archive of forum posts (not including restricted forums) from the file that theymos posted recently. Look at some of the recent posts in Meta to find that thread.

Additionally, in another thread somewhere (not sure where), theymos also posted all of Satoshi's posts in the restricted sections in one big quote.
I mean the forum before this new one Smiley
Look at satoshis first post, it mentions an old forum.
Thanks, ill go look for that quote Cheesy
Theymos if you are reading, link pwez?
schnell

View Profile
April 06, 2012, 11:18:18 PM

I bring gifts! Just thought it might be useful to any satoshi-stalkers :3
This is my first useful post in over 150 posts! Cheesy

Here are the Unix timestamps of all of Satoshi's posts, if you want to analyze them:
https://bitcointalk.org/satoshitimes.txt

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=75704.0;topicseen

Who happens to own this address? My first guess was Deepbit.
http://blockchain.info/address/1VayNert3x1KzbpzMGt2qdqrAThiRovi8

Code:
No. Transactions223139

Unspent Inputs22
Total Received8093038.68313512 BTC

Final Balance1059.44522289 BTC

In the thread they think its deepbit, but it may be satoshi.
If we can link the sent to/recieved from addresses to a deposit based site that doesn't dedicate you a wallet(like bitmit or glbse)we can contact that site and see the account the deposited/withdrew to/from that address.
Site operators that use systems like bitmit and glbse, are any of the addresses in that wallets history yours?

Hurrah for being useful!
Ente
Legendary

Activity: 2126
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 07, 2012, 08:49:36 AM

I am actually not sure if all this Satoshi stalking and fixation is helpful at all.. ;-)

Ente
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2012, 05:16:39 PM

If I were him and read this forum once in a while I would be terrified by all the loons looking for me. That alone would be enough to keep me from ever revealing my true identity.

Heard that, eh! I, too, would be terrified if Canadians were looking for me.

~Cackling Bear~
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
April 07, 2012, 05:21:33 PM

Someone analyze the timestamps of his posts, so we can at least figure out what country/timezone he lived in.  Even if he's a night-owl, it should be easy to figure out whether he's in Asia, America, or Europe.
legolouman

View Profile
April 07, 2012, 08:25:40 PM

As soon as this starts heating up, I realize that I'm mingling with the enemy!

Sorry Bruno...

#TeamNakamoto

Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2012, 08:34:59 PM

As soon as this starts heating up, I realize that I'm mingling with the enemy!

Sorry Bruno...

#TeamNakamoto

No problem, bud. It'll be great fun.

~Bruno~
yogi
Legendary

Activity: 947
Merit: 1042

Hamster ate my bitcoin

View Profile
April 07, 2012, 11:58:37 PM

Looking at the timestamp data his normal posting hours are between 14:00 & 03:00 UTC.

America maybe?

Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2012, 02:26:00 AM

Looking at the timestamp data his normal posting hours are between 14:00 & 03:00 UTC.

America maybe?

Pacific Coast? or?
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
April 08, 2012, 02:27:50 AM

America maybe?

That'd be 8:00 AM to 7:00 PM Pacific time, or 11:00 AM to 10:00 PM Eastern time in the US.

Wouldn't make sense for him to be in Japan, since that'd be somewhere along the lines of 10:00 PM to 11:00 AM.  Unless he stayed up all night and slept in the day.

I'm going for either Eastern US or Europe.
MoonShadow
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1007

View Profile
April 08, 2012, 04:01:25 AM

Someone analyze the timestamps of his posts, so we can at least figure out what country/timezone he lived in.  Even if he's a night-owl, it should be easy to figure out whether he's in Asia, America, or Europe.

You assume that the admins here havn't been complicit in screwing with such data.  I will say this much, once upon a time Satoshi & those who ran this forum at the time were mighty tight, and all of them were aware of such techniques.

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

- Carroll Quigley, CFR member, mentor to Bill Clinton, from 'Tragedy And Hope'
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2012, 04:35:50 AM

Someone analyze the timestamps of his posts, so we can at least figure out what country/timezone he lived in.  Even if he's a night-owl, it should be easy to figure out whether he's in Asia, America, or Europe.

You assume that the admins here havn't been complicit in screwing with such data.  I will say this much, once upon a time Satoshi & those who ran this forum at the time were mighty tight, and all of them were aware of such techniques.

So are you implying that you know they have changed the data?

Then they would have had to changed the time stamps of most all the other first users as well.

East coast would imply Bruce Wagner or MIT. I'm leaning toward the latter.

~Bruno~
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: