News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: -
- - 0 (0%)
- - 0 (0%)
- - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 0

Pages: « 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 [64] 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 ... 234 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [SFR] SaffronCoin | Latest Version - 1.4.2/2.6.2 | Mandatory Wallet Update  (Read 437738 times)
hughjays77

Activity: 728
Merit: 504

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 12:46:54 AM

Hugh if you have some suggestions then please give them like all the community members do. You don't have to post anything in red to get noticed. Community had already discussed these issues with dev and dev is working in the right direction. First we need to rebuild the trust in the coin which has been lost after your whitepaper and dump. If there is something to be decided dev will post himself and ask for our opinion as this is his coin he  will remain loyal to the coin till the end. Nobody from the community wants the same events happening again, so only dev and community will ake the final decision, no single person will be allowed to do that.

A coin can't be owned by a single person. Dev is nothing without the community. This is "OUR" coin.

Agreed 100%. We all need to chip in  [ soon money wise {SFR} as well Smiley ]

I am currently busy working so i can't reply to Hugh in detail. But some of his points are very good and he has a vision. Its best let everyone decide upon it. The new whitepaper should be accepted by the community first before being made public.

Wouldnt have it any other way. Personally I have full confidence in your integrity and we all know that you must be busy as hell. Maybe we should set a particular TIME - 4 times each week to discuss things in private for 30-60min - via IRC ... say Wed 6am & 6pm IST time and Sunday 6am & 6pm IST. This 12 hour seperation would cover all worldwide zones and still be convenient for the Dev ?

No-one is perfect. We need to just focus on getting back up.

We had a pretty good run for 4-5 days. Then we probably had the biggest crash in crypto history. Many factors were involved that caused it. Not just 1 person or 1 thing.

Lets focus on what to do next. Today is a big day for SFR if we go through the Unocoin deal. We can be traded for fiat in Indian Rupee.

Excellentnews

Also the new exchange, BlueBulls is going to trade SFR in USD. So pretty good things are coming up.

Also our SFRMS alpha wallet will be out soon. Just working on some security stuff.

Very Good News

Dev, You probably already do this but please continue to update initial thread post with all of these

important good news stories

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
SquidsIn

Activity: 236
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 05:02:55 AM

Coin Viking, Dev & Community,

Sorry to to take a while to get back to you. I still check into Saffron at least 1x/day and I must say I am a little bit disappointed with technical [ bells & whistles] direction we seem to be heading in. Maybe I am over reacting. Features are good dont get me wrong and ease of use for the general public is crucial but that should be only maximum 50% of our efforts. It is a direction solely based on the Dev's technical ability and only 50% of making Saffron useful as 'money'. Making Saffron useful as money is the real hard part that will require community, insight, organisation, delegation of work and last but not least capitalization[ ie tens to hundreds of thousands of SFR to pay fees, rewards, bounties]. In fairness the meeting with Unocoin is the biggest news this week, not the chat system. We need to know more about this and we should have been adequately discussing the direction we want to be taking with Unocoin before the actual meeting date. At a minimum we need a new whitepaper and since we have not posted a new serious document, I will posting sections of my previous whitepaper for active discussion. In my view the thread has gone off on a technical tone and I think we should bring it back to the 'middle ground'. We have a delegation of work & funding problem at Saffroncoin.

FIRST DISCUSSION - SaffronCoin Reserve Funds to pay fees, bounties, reward

section from HughJays previous white paper

" Expanded Premine/Public Coin Float

We will make submission to the community for an extended premine or public coin float of 250,000-500,000 Saffroncoins to assist future real world/online projects. This additional premine would have to approved and voted on by the community. Any use of this new premine would also have to be authorised and approved by the head Developer and any  2 committee heads.   An example of authorised use would be to reward a real world chain for accepting Saffroncoin eg. (redacted due to confidentiality). 'Real world retailer stores and shoppers will never refuse free money'. A rising Saffroncoin price creates a positive feedback loop. The funds would also be used in funding bounties for new feature development. This additional premine would be placed at a public address in the Saffroncoin Reserve Fund [ SCRF]and be matched by the community for a total of 500,000 - 1,000,000 Saffroncoin. Extremely Important in the above scenario is that the majority [>75%] of this new reserve will go towards real world promotion and NOT people who are already familiar with crypto currencies. This will eliminate any real or imagined risk of dumping on exchanges. Paper wallets may even be used and all oversight is to be the responsibility of a new Saffroncoin Audit committee. Target Date to start Jul 15 2014 "

....further responses below

[quote authorhe d=Coin_Viking link=topic=586320.msg7366528#msg7366528 date=1403029271]

Hey Hugh, just saw you asked me some questions a few pages back with respects to the possibility of additional funding for the coin. I am with you 100%, any good venture must be well funded for success. There is no argument there, and based on IRC chats everyone else is one the same page. There are ambitious ideas/plan afoot that will require investment/seed funds.

The two questions that must be answered:

1) How much do we really need?

This taps into the greater question of what we intend to do with said funds, how aggressive do we want to be in the various facets needed to promote, increase awareness and adoption. Personally, were we to create a "saffron development superfund" I would prefer we focus on how best to bolster and support the devs in building up the coin and its ecosystem (mobile wallets or any peripheral tech/application/website to further build out the infrastructure etc). Once we have a more mature ecosystem with more robust feature we could then explore the marketing/pr to the uninitiated to crypto, as barriers to adoption would be significantly lowered to the point that it becomes as simple a downloading an app on the phone. I think too many coins rush with the Pr etc to get price bumps but have yet to achieve a high enough degree of technology that can support the coin for mass adoption.

Again you make a compelling point that I think supports my point above. I am going to go out on a limb and say that I am not against providing even the Developer with additional income in SFR if it means he can work more hours per day. However for eg. we also need to pay an Android, Apple & Windows App Developer.

Do I think some amount should be allocated to marketing and PR? absolutely.. but it would be focused to mostly within the crypto scene for the moment (and its investors etc) and once the proper foundation built, then we could move to pushing into the more traditional spheres of business as you nicely alluded to (gen pop, brick and mortar etc). From the outset with my convos with the dev, market penetration into "real world" is the driving force and has always been, but such an endeavour requires that all the peices be in place because once the trigger is pulled there is no going back. I dont like pointing out other coins, but a certain coin pushed hard to get noticed in nascar.. and I've seen no really evidence that it has had much of an effect. Why? as outliined above, the ecosystem surrounding their coin has yet to reach a level of maturity enabling, anyone to use it without thinking or being intimidated by the tech etc.

Long winded answer, but i think you get my points. So a structured phased and planned rollout of services over X amount of time, bolstered by promos etc to encourage mining interest/ investor adopt which would be supported by this proposed superfund. Amounts of sfr required would be contingent on the progressive active dev an attainment of goals set forth. Whether the funding is also phased or generated all at once or sourced as need be would lead to question no.2

I understand what you are saying. Hopefully we can discuss as a community

2) How would this be funded?

It seems as though it really boils down to two options. An additional sfr reserve obtained from the total avail supply or community driven funding for projects on a case by case basis (or some variant, thereof).

Codewise I'm not positive altering the block structure etc to extract X amount from the system would even be possible without forking the coin. But devs would have to offer their insight into this. Typically just trying to alter the block reward amount will conflict with the merkel hash (if I'm not mistaken) and cause errors/fork into a new coin. So we would be left with old saffron and saffron2.. not unlike CAI/CAIx. this is rather extreme in my opinion and a massive headache to exchange old version of saffron to new version of saffron etc etc.

Dev, Can you write-off this type of solution or is it feasible for the community to vote[new thread] on it ?

A potentially more elegant solution would be for devs to intro in the next hard fork a superfund addr where say 2 SFR from every block gets funneled to this addr. In doing so the superfund would be perpetually funded. i've seen a few coins do this, i believe einsteinium may have been the first in which a small % of the block reward goes to fund science based projects voted on by the community. Some more recent coins, such as boostcoin have repurposed this feature to use for dev funding, which is what we would do, pending community approval.

Dev, Can you write-off this type of solution or is it feasible for the community to vote[new thread] on it ?

The community funded approach carried out by manny coins has been successful provided there is enough engagement, this could be the main source of funding for various project but would require alot of community involvement. larger communities tend to be more succeful, the downside of this is that planned development can be delayed if the funding isnt on time or faill to reach its target and stagnates. i do like this idea, I feel as though it is viable and possible should another option be selected this could still very much serve for smaller goals/targets/side projects etc. Or be the main form of funding.. really depends on comm motivations.

It is the chicken and the egg situation and what we do above should help to grow the community to realise big investors who are willing to contribute to such a fund. I have already and still would.  Its a catch 22 situation. Grow the community = bigger source of funds <==> Bigger source of funds leads to growing the community.

I Think it needs to be stressed, are you document clearly mentioned as well that any action on any of these options would nned a majorty support from the community. So thats excellent.

100% Agreed

Everyone feel free to add your comments, questions etc.. I enjoy constructive debate of ideas and solutions. I feel as though this is what any crypto community would strive for at all times. So lets lead not only in innovation and adoption but also become what a crypto community really can and should be. cheers.

ps.. if i repeat things, or make spelling mistake.. wrote this on an iphone.. think I may now be cross-eyed.

[/quote]

Nice crayoning.  would you like a gold star?

Since getting into Cryptocurrency I've had many bags, all but two have varied over time.  Those are the two I see in the mirror where my eyes once shone.
hughjays77

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 06:54:17 AM

Alpha testing of SFRMS is almost complete.This is a mock screenshot. Alpha wallet will be available soon

http://t.co/ha4n02NDj6

cryptoholic11

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 07:17:10 AM

Just saw the screen shots of new SFR Messaging Service on twitter and it looks awesome.

vipin.khatri20

Activity: 210

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 01:51:26 PM

Dev did you meet Unocoin?
saffroncoin (OP)

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 02:19:30 PM

Yes just came back after meeting. Will be keeping in touch with them regularly now. Probably once in a month. They appreciate our work and will support us. They need some more time to observe SFR and include it in their exchange.
vipin.khatri20

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 05:09:50 PM

Yes just came back after meeting. Will be keeping in touch with them regularly now. Probably once in a month. They appreciate our work and will support us. They need some more time to observe SFR and include it in their exchange.

We have to increase volume, then big exchanges will add us and our coin will also be considered for payment options. To increase volume we have to give market what it wants and I am sure you are working in that direction. Good luck
cryptoholic11

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 07:56:32 PM

Dev why dont you post the screenshots and progress of the messaging system on this thread also since not everyone has twitter and knows about it? Itll help bring back investor confidence and the volume/price correction where it should be

vipin.khatri20

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 03:11:18 PM

It seems dev is busy on working the chat system Wink
hughjays77

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 12:44:15 AM

Dev,

I previously made a suggestion[see below] re community meetings for approx 45min 4x/week. Do you think we can arrange that via SFR wallet IRC chat ?

" Maybe we should set a particular TIME - 4 times each week to discuss things in private for 30-60min - via IRC ... say Wed 6am & 6pm IST time and Sunday 6am & 6pm IST. This 12 hour seperation would cover all worldwide zones and still be convenient for the Dev ?"

Dev why dont you post the screenshots and progress of the messaging system on this thread also since not everyone has twitter and knows about it? Itll help bring back investor confidence and the volume/price correction where it should be
saffroncoin (OP)

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 12:50:21 AM

Dev,

I previously made a suggestion[see below] re community meetings for approx 45min 4x/week. Do you think we can arrange that via SFR wallet IRC chat ?

" Maybe we should set a particular TIME - 4 times each week to discuss things in private for 30-60min - via IRC ... say Wed 6am & 6pm IST time and Sunday 6am & 6pm IST. This 12 hour seperation would cover all worldwide zones and still be convenient for the Dev ?"

Lets see if it is appropriate for others.

IRC is public. So you can't have a group private chat.

My team is working on an addition to the Saffron Messaging Service. We call it "Poof!". It is like Snapchat. You can send anonymous messages to any SFR address. The message will get deleted automatically within a few seconds.
Once we get that done, we can chat with that.

I am currently clearing some final bugs with the email notification system. Once it is done, i will publish an alpha release wallet.
hughjays77

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 01:45:30 AM

ok. No prob

Dev,

Lets see if it is appropriate for others.

IRC is public. So you can't have a group private chat.

My team is working on an addition to the Saffron Messaging Service. We call it "Poof!". It is like Snapchat. You can send anonymous messages to any SFR address. The message will get deleted automatically within a few seconds.
Once we get that done, we can chat with that.

I am currently clearing some final bugs with the email notification system. Once it is done, i will publish an alpha release wallet.
saffroncoin (OP)

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 02:17:41 AM

We are announcing the first Alpha release of the Saffron Messaging Service Wallet (SFRMS)- v2.3-alpha-unstable

What is SFRMS?
The Saffron Messaging Service is a tool built into the SaffronCoin Multi-Tasking Wallet to notify its users of any transactions of any SFR address through email/sms. You do not need to have your wallet open to receive alerts. This service will also be expanded to send anonymous messages to any SaffronCoin address. These anonymous messages will automatically be deleted once read. We call this anonymous messaging "POOF!" which to disappear.

SFRMS is designed to give you the best user experience/requirement possible that you expect from a crypto-currency.

Currently, notifications through SMS is not active, we are working with international sms gateways to make SFRMS sms notification possible in most countries. When this is available, you do not need to update your wallet. The wallet streams the SFRMS data from our servers and you can activate sms alerts instantly.

How to activate SFRMS for a SFR address?
1. Click the SFRMS tab in your wallet v2.3-alpha-unstable.
2. Enter a SFR address which you would like to monitor along with your personal email address that you would like to receive alerts on.

That's it! Once you get a confirmation, you can close this unstable alpha wallet. You will receive alerts even when your wallet is closed. You can then open your stable wallet v2.2.2/v1.3.2. We recommend that you use this stable wallet for any mining/transactions.

How does SFRMS work?
All information is taken from the blockchain. You do not need to manually check the block explorer for transactions on an address. With SFRMS, you can receive these alerts manually. You can monitor any number of addresses that you want! It saves you a lot of time!

Please note that this is an unstable release. You may encounter various bugs and vulnerabilities. If you do encounter any problems, please post them on this forum or mail us to contact@saffroncoin.com . Please use the stable wallets v2.2.2/v1.3.2 for any other uses.

Download SFRMS compatible wallet v2.3-alpha-unstable from saffroncoin.com

Francecrypto

Activity: 238

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2014, 02:26:06 AM

Nice addition to the coin  Smiley thanks dev for your commitment.

saffroncoin (OP)

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 02:39:11 AM

I can assure you SFRMS is going to change anonymous messaging and the way we use crypto wallets for good!
vipin.khatri20

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 02:45:04 AM

I can assure you SFRMS is going to change anonymous messaging and the way we use crypto wallets for good!

After you add anonymous transaction also this coin will become the best out there. Multi-algo, anonymous messaging and transaction, multitasking wallet and committed dev team. Great work. I have one concern dev that the transaction confirmation takes too long, can it be resolved as the main motive of cryptocurrency is instant transfer.
saffroncoin (OP)

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 02:53:53 AM

After you add anonymous transaction also this coin will become the best out there. Multi-algo, anonymous messaging and transaction, multitasking wallet and committed dev team. Great work. I have one concern dev that the transaction confirmation takes too long, can it be resolved as the main motive of cryptocurrency is instant transfer.

Long confirmations? For me the coins come in seconds to my wallet. If you are talking about 6 confirmations for confirming the coins, the time will increase a bit because we have increased the block time.

From 30 seconds, the block time is now 90 seconds. So for 6 confirmations, 90*6 = 540 seconds.

It is still quite fast. For merchant applications and other confirmations, 2 confirmations is enough.

For example Bitcoin has a block time of 10 mins. Services/traders confirm a BTC transaction in 1-2 confirmations because the block time is very high.
saffroncoin (OP)

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 02:54:31 AM

We are announcing the first Alpha release of the Saffron Messaging Service Wallet (SFRMS)- v2.3-alpha-unstable

What is SFRMS?
The Saffron Messaging Service is a tool built into the SaffronCoin Multi-Tasking Wallet to notify its users of any transactions of any SFR address through email/sms. You do not need to have your wallet open to receive alerts. This service will also be expanded to send anonymous messages to any SaffronCoin address. These anonymous messages will automatically be deleted once read. We call this anonymous messaging "POOF!" which to disappear.

SFRMS is designed to give you the best user experience/requirement possible that you expect from a crypto-currency.

Currently, notifications through SMS is not active, we are working with international sms gateways to make SFRMS sms notification possible in most countries. When this is available, you do not need to update your wallet. The wallet streams the SFRMS data from our servers and you can activate sms alerts instantly.

How to activate SFRMS for a SFR address?
1. Click the SFRMS tab in your wallet v2.3-alpha-unstable.
2. Enter a SFR address which you would like to monitor along with your personal email address that you would like to receive alerts on.

That's it! Once you get a confirmation, you can close this unstable alpha wallet. You will receive alerts even when your wallet is closed. You can then open your stable wallet v2.2.2/v1.3.2. We recommend that you use this stable wallet for any mining/transactions.

How does SFRMS work?
All information is taken from the blockchain. You do not need to manually check the block explorer for transactions on an address. With SFRMS, you can receive these alerts manually. You can monitor any number of addresses that you want! It saves you a lot of time!

Please note that this is an unstable release. You may encounter various bugs and vulnerabilities. If you do encounter any problems, please post them on this forum or mail us to contact@saffroncoin.com . Please use the stable wallets v2.2.2/v1.3.2 for any other uses.

Download SFRMS compatible wallet v2.3-alpha-unstable from saffroncoin.com

vipin.khatri20

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 03:00:31 AM

Long confirmations? For me the coins come in seconds to my wallet. If you are talking about 6 confirmations for confirming the coins, the time will increase a bit because we have increased the block time.

From 30 seconds, the block time is now 90 seconds. So for 6 confirmations, 90*6 = 540 seconds.

It is still quite fast. For merchant applications and other confirmations, 2 confirmations is enough.

For example Bitcoin has a block time of 10 mins. Services/traders confirm a BTC transaction in 1-2 confirmations because the block time is very high.

Whenever I transfer coins to my wallet it takes too much time and I also 540 secs is almost 10 mins, so if its possible to reduce block reward and reduce block time it will be good for SFR. For daily use for example buying a coffee we need atleast 2 confirms in 1 min. Just a suggestion.
saffroncoin (OP)

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 03:06:00 AM

Whenever I transfer coins to my wallet it takes too much time and I also 540 secs is almost 10 mins, so if its possible to reduce block reward and reduce block time it will be good for SFR. For daily use for example buying a coffee we need atleast 2 confirms in 1 min. Just a suggestion.

Sorry that would cause another hardfork and everything else has to be rethought. 2 confirmations is enough for traders. 2*90 = 180 secs which is 3 mins. Most merchants wait for a minimum of 2-3 mins before accepting a transaction for any coin. Lesser would cause a variety of attacks. That is why they keep some amount of confirmations and time before they confirm the transaction.
Pages: « 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 [64] 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 ... 234 »
  Print  

Jump to: