News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: -
- - 0 (0%)
- - 0 (0%)
- - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 0

Pages: « 1 ... 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 [196] 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [SFR] SaffronCoin | Latest Version - 1.4.2/2.6.2 | Mandatory Wallet Update  (Read 437742 times)
bitass

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 11:15:06 PM

I just discovered that the full wallet downloads the blockchain that is quite bloated at 10GB... and will keep on bloating. This is a grave inconvenient. Any planned workaround or solution Roshan?

What ? are you sure ? how do I check this on my computer to confirm this ? my Appdata directory is not that big.

the message said 10gb of storage but I don't think we're any where close to that yet. like couple of people here posted it's still under 300mb. not sure if that's accurate tho. mine is about 300mb

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
griffitsj

Activity: 215
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 11:35:18 PM

Sorry if I am missing something, but I looked at multiple SFR mining pools and it seems mining is halted, is that right, and if so, why?
Also the brilliant SFRpay option with PayPal in the wallet (which I am eager to try!) reports a temporary disabled message. Will it be functional again anytime soon?

http://pool.saffroncoin.com looks that is working fine tho I didn't use it recently.

http://morehash.pw (Blake) is back online.  There was some issue over the weekend with one of the other coins on there which stopped all the others mining but it is all sorted now.
barabbas
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 02:32:09 AM

I just discovered that the full wallet downloads the blockchain that is quite bloated at 10GB... and will keep on bloating. This is a grave inconvenient. Any planned workaround or solution Roshan?

What ? are you sure ? how do I check this on my computer to confirm this ? my Appdata directory is not that big.

the message said 10gb of storage but I don't think we're any where close to that yet. like couple of people here posted it's still under 300mb. not sure if that's accurate tho. mine is about 300mb

As vwery clearly stated 25GB is the amount of FREE space available in the computer. The message also states clearly that it is about to download at least 10GB and that more will come (as the blockchain grows) after that.
spartak_t
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1176

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2014, 03:03:23 AM

As vwery clearly stated 25GB is the amount of FREE space available in the computer. The message also states clearly that it is about to download at least 10GB and that more will come (as the blockchain grows) after that.

My wallet is also about 300MB. Seems like default message which states how much space will be needed SFR wallet to operate for years.

barabbas
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 03:12:10 AM

My wallet is also about 300MB. Seems like default message which states how much space will be needed SFR wallet to operate for years.

Nope. It says that "at least 10GB will be installed (now) with more over time". Very clearly.
Wasda

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

Smile if you're not wearing any underwear

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 05:50:26 AM

I'm downloading 3D Sex and Zen movie file and it clearly tells me it would take 2 days to complete but instead it downloaded in less than 2 hours.. and I get to watch it sooner....... I'm not happy !! who should I bitch to ??

▬◇
▬◇▬◆
▬◇▬◇▬◆

███
███░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
██████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████
██░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███░██░░░
██░░░░█░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███░░░███░░░
███░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░███
██████░░░░░░░░░███░░░███░░░░░░░░░██████
██░░░░███░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░███░░░░██
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███░░█░░░░██
███░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███░░░███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░███
███
◇▬
◆▬◇▬
◆▬◇▬◇▬
gdavis024

Activity: 179

Fighter of the Dayman

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 06:56:59 AM

Nope. It says that "at least 10GB will be installed (now) with more over time". Very clearly.

Hey barabbas! What version of the wallet did you download and where did you download it from? Maybe someone who has a PC can try to replicate your issue to see what's going on so we can try to come to a solution Smiley

As for some of your previous comments regarding Roshan and his dedication or commitment to SFR, I believe may be a little misguided. I, in no way speak for Roshan or on behalf of SFR, but simply as an active community member who cares and believes in SFR's future.

In my opinion the wallet alone is worth many times the current price. By I see several problems, chief among which is the one evidenced by "Digithusiast" -and which brought me here too-: No one knows of Saffron in altworld, no one. And ther name is one of the least-appealing names possible in crypto also, with the logo being a close follower. It appears that Roshan doesn't want to get the coin promoted because he doesn't want hype... well, not-hype in alts today means death of the coin, as simple as that. If investors hadn't heard of a coin, even if it is the best, it will simply die forgotten in a sea of scandal/scam-ridden It just won't work in the long run. , over populated scene with more and more scarcity of funds to invest. HYPE IS NEEDED. And, in this case, it won't be hype, it would be promotion of a great technical project, a very undervalued one.

I have already pointed out the other dangerous direction this coin project is going towards: Decentralization. Specifically a real decentralized market. It is a waste of time and resources... buit I won't repeat myself since I have recently addressed the subject here.

If I were Roshan, I would concentrate my efforts in letting people know a) that Saffron exists and b) that is one of the best altcoins and probably the most undervalued of all.

I agree! I think the wallet is top notch too and is actually one of the first things that caught my attention and brought me into SFR. I personally do not think the name needs to be changed. I don't have the largest background in south east asian studies, but if I'm not mistaken, Saffron (both the color and spice) play an important and influential role within the history of India, Buddhism, and Hinduism. A lot of south east Asia could tremendously benefit from crypto currencies and i've always understood SFR as one means to achieve this. This is a long term goal any and all crypto currencies (including bitcoin), and nothing that "hype" can accomplish. For any crypto currency to be considered legitimate it must have a large enough market cap that the price wouldn't be terribly affected by hype or (his twin half brother) fud. Gaining any significant traction in a south east Asia county, like India, would benefit any coin (again including bitcoin) more than any "hype" could do. The type of promotion demonstrated by crypto currencies in the past has proven ineffective and short lived, and often times and final "nail in the coffin". If someone were to provide a truly unique marketing plan which would overcome the follies of coins past, please be my guess I'd be the first to tip them some SFR Smiley SFR, in my opinion, is one of the few coins taking a different approach in regards to targeting new demographics (outside of crypto), which again speaks to the coin's name. From the information Roshan provides the community, it sounds like there's great things in store for Unocoin and Saffroncoin.

My friend, coins can not live nor die, so how can you kill something that cannot live (half joking) Smiley But in all seriousness, all crypto currencies (both hyped and not-hyped) are all dead. Most if not all, are dropping in volume, price, and liquidity. I have seen no evidence of "hype" ever preventing this from occurring. Let's be honest too, hyping will do nothing for the coin but gain price in the short term. The only new people to be attracted to the coin will be people within the crypto community whom have heard/read/seen the hype disseminated by you (and your team?), but this price increase is so small relative to the value many of us perceive SFR holding in the future, that it hardly seems worth it.

Let me poorly paraphrase the great 1993 Film The Sandlot Smiley : "Remember kid, there's hype and there's delivering. Hypes get remembered but delivering never dies, follow your heart kid, and you'll never go wrong."

Of course when a coin's price drops people, naturally, look for reasons. That's when the dev comes in and reassures them investors or otherwise defends the project. And yes it is normal for people to travel but in today's world travelling doesn't mean absence since we are connected 24/7 regardless where we travel. No one is implying Roshan doesn't deliver but a coin project should be an as dynamic and flexible one as possible for it to be successful. Unless totally failing, a very active BTCT thread is a clear  proof of interest and success, especially if the content is worthwhile rather than the usual confrontation/defense crap between skeptics and cheerleaders. Frequent presence of the main dev is a necessity.

I do agree and it's something i'm victim too, we all should be more active on the bitcointalk thread. However, I don't agree at all that an active BTCT thread is a clear proof of interest and success, but that's a debate for another day Smiley

Roshan has literally been away for no more than 4 days, calm down Smiley Roshan has told us all many times that he is a full time crypto developer (which includes SFR and freelancing work), neither of which have negatively impacted the performance/development of the other. He's got bills to pay and mouths to feed and being a crypto developer is how he gets it done. Yes, this means that there's times when he might be working on a project that's not SFR but he has always delivered and SFR has always been his number 1 priority. Also if he's not responding here, check out the #sfrcoin freenode irc channel, as he is post around there as well.

I do agree that a regular community update might be a good idea, but expecting one every day would be silly. In that regard, I don't think the frequency of the update would be as important as the consistency of occurrence. This information could be available and disseminated to both new and current investors and traders, and I could see it as a weekly newsletter either emailed out to a list and/or posted on the BCT thread and maybe the SFR website.
saffroncoin (OP)

Activity: 560

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 07:14:57 AM

Hey all,
I have been out for a few days. Internet connection quite bad so could not post before. My other main developer, Faizan has been out for a month with some personal issues to attend to. He will be back in a few days time. Due to that, I had to do SFRDirect alone so it took some time.

But that is ready now. Just need to change the protocol for burning rewards to be < 1 SFR. Before we release SFRDirect, we need some incentives for users to burn SFR. SFRaffle and the issuing of Elitecoins as an asset for joining the Elite club could very well be it.
Those of you that are new to this thread and do not know what the Elite Club is, it would be a chatroom with different tiers, where u need to hold a specific amount of elite coins and depending on that you would get profit % from the cryptoxindia.com centralized exchange profits along with 0-0.2% trading fee depending on tier.
If you guys have any more ideas, please do come on board with them.
We together could make SFRDirect, the best decentralized financial platform!

Regards,

Roshan
Digithusiast

Activity: 886
Merit: 504

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 08:22:31 AM

In relation to the previous post, please explain what are "Elitecoins"? I found a thread of another coin named Elitecoin, but that can't be it I guess?
saffroncoin (OP)

Activity: 560

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 08:30:02 AM

In relation to the previous post, please explain what are "Elitecoins"? I found a thread of another coin named Elitecoin, but that can't be it I guess?

Name is not finalised. If there is a coin with that name, then we would change it.
On the SFRDirect protocol, asset currencies can be created by anyone. You can create a fixed number of coins and provide a big sell order so people can buy from it.

The entry to the sfr elite club will depend on the number of such elite coins users would hold. There would be a market pair of cSFR and elite coins. So you need to burn sfr to get cSFR and hence buy elite coins.

Entering the elite club, users would not be paying any fees while trading on the centralized exchange, cryptoxindia and / or depending on the tier would get profit share from the exchange.
TizeN85

Activity: 136

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 08:55:04 AM

Name is not finalised. If there is a coin with that name, then we would change it.
(...)
SECc - SFR EliteClub coin ? Smiley
Or simply SEC, or eSFR (Elite SFR)...

EDIT: we need more support, price & volume are dying on bittrex  Shocked
ffmad
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1006

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2014, 03:18:42 PM

Seems since april this year I totally overlooked Saffroncoin. Until now. Your dev being nominated made me look into Saffroncoin.
For any altcoin a trustworthy and active dev is necessity number 1. Being innovative is necessity number 2.
Saffroncoin has both. Very interesting.

And SFR is DIRTY cheap right now. Wink

In my opinion the wallet alone is worth many times the current price. By I see several problems, chief among which is the one evidenced by "Digithusiast" -and which brought me here too-: No one knows of Saffron in altworld, no one. And ther name is one of the least-appealing names possible in crypto also, with the logo being a close follower. It appears that Roshan doesn't want to get the coin promoted because he doesn't want hype... well, not-hype in alts today means death of the coin, as simple as that. If investors hadn't heard of a coin, even if it is the best, it will simply die forgotten in a sea of scandal/scam-ridden It just won't work in the long run. , over populated scene with more and more scarcity of funds to invest. HYPE IS NEEDED. And, in this case, it won't be hype, it would be promotion of a great technical project, a very undervalued one.

I have already pointed out the other dangerous direction this coin project is going towards: Decentralization. Specifically a real decentralized market. It is a waste of time and resources... buit I won't repeat myself since I have recently addressed the subject here.

If I were Roshan, I would concentrate my efforts in letting people know a) that Saffron exists and b) that is one of the best altcoins and probably the most undervalued of all.

This would help a lot  Smiley

Hello, this is my entry for SFR Direct. Instead of a single logo I did a complete rebranding for SaffronCoin..

▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████
████▀                  ▀████
███▀   ▄████████████▄   ▀███
███    ██████████████    ███
███    ████      ████    ███
███    ██████████████    ███
███    █████████████▀   ▄███
███    ████            ▄████
██    ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████
▀█▄  ▀████████████████▀▀
fparticlf█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█ ▀ ▀ ▀                    █
█                          █
█    ▀▀█▄                  █
█       █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█      █
█        █▄       ▄█▀      █
█         █▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀        █
█          █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      █
█      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█      █
█       █▀█      █▀█       █
█   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   █
█        ▄  ▄  ▄  ▄        █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
.Infinite .
.Markets.
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ████  ████  ████  ████  █
.Public or..
.Private  ...
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█ ▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ █
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█          ▄▄▄▄▄           █
█         █▀   ▀█          █
█        █▀     ▀█         █
█      ▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄       █
█       ▄▀▀▄   ▄▀▀▄        █
█       ▀▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▀        █
.RingCT........
.Anonymity .
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
spartak_t
Legendary

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2014, 03:52:11 PM

This would help a lot  Smiley

It will be done pretty soon imo.

kid_brook

Activity: 120

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 04:31:18 PM

(...)

I'm doing what I can. It is moving up little bit at a time.

Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley
spartak_t
Legendary

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2014, 04:37:35 PM

(...)

You guys are not alone. 847 satoshi was my 0.25 BTC "wall" (it is still there) and SFR bottom atm. Soon the price will at least double.

kid_brook

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 04:53:58 PM

(...)

You guys are not alone. 847 satoshi was my 0.25 BTC "wall" (it is still there) and SFR bottom atm. Soon the price will at least double.

Oh!, that's you...sorry.. my goal is to push the price...  up to help this coin... you know what I mean...  Grin  Grin
spartak_t
Legendary

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2014, 04:57:32 PM

(...)

Oh!, that's you...sorry.. my goal is to push the price...  up to help this coin... you know what I mean...  Grin  Grin

Do not worry about that. Pretty soon SFR will have a lot more exposure. In the mean time be happy with the low difficulty and accumulate coins. Wink

kid_brook

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 07:37:14 PM

It works......  Grin

Almost there....
gdavis024

Activity: 179

Fighter of the Dayman

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 03:11:40 AM

Hmm this is interesting, it seems like were are not alone at least Smiley https://twitter.com/jyap/status/534924138629316608

Just remember
LTCMAXMYR

Activity: 609

DMD,XZC

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 03:39:46 AM

sync problem,
need more node

Never buy any ICO altcoin.
Never buy any ASIC altcoin.
Pages: « 1 ... 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 [196] 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 »
  Print  

Jump to: