Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 11:52:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 119 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Orbitcoin v1.6.3.0 ~ NeoScrypt ~ Green Stake ~ 10 Years Old  (Read 200997 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Cor2

Activity: 595
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 05:32:45 PM

Deposits now working. Very first trade successful
Code:
Symbol Qty              Price       Total          Time
ORB 1.00000000 0.00004353 BTC 0.00004353 BTC 05-24-2014 22:58:56
I put my bids in at Allcrypt, but it seems nobody is trading at any reasonable price and thus your trade is still the only one...
AllCrypt has better price than Cryptsy and still someone is selling hundreds of ORB at Cryptsy...
Some people don't do their homework...

SYNC: Sd3XBRmhrrr39Wj4rtjb3YAkwWvCze44BZ                    ORB: odyWi677JDQy7Gc6Nv6kCdnajmScqgTkDE       Honest pools (payout matching calculation):
TransferWise: International money transfer for 1%fee        Doge to the moon! D9FGY7Bhwbj2jrnk7v8VR47HTu7vfVu1gV         Nut2pools and Steadymining
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ghostlander (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1239
Merit: 1020

No surrender, no retreat, no regret.

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2014, 01:01:06 PM

Orbitcoin has been added to WhatToMine and updated on CoinChoose. Thanks to Fredeq and Sal002.

"If you've got a problem and have to spread some coins to make it go away, you've got no problem. You've got an expence." ~ Phoenixcoin (PXC) and Orbitcoin (ORB) and Halcyon (HAL)
ghostlander (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2014, 02:00:00 PM

Orbitcoin has been added to WhatToMine and updated on CoinChoose. Thanks to Fredeq and Sal002.

So let's assume staking bonanza is over. Does each 20 ORB block produce roughly 1 ORB every 10 days? So on a % basis, you could say around 15% a month?

Depends on difficulty which is likely to decrease, so it may stake faster on average. Could be something about 20% a month.

"If you've got a problem and have to spread some coins to make it go away, you've got no problem. You've got an expence." ~ Phoenixcoin (PXC) and Orbitcoin (ORB) and Halcyon (HAL)
indiguy

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 04:46:57 PM

OrbitCoin now has it's own page on http://coinwik.org a wikipedia listing all the existing alt coins to help us quickly find facts and links about them.

http://coinwik.org/OrbitCoin
This is a wiki page so if you know of other facts and links that can be added to the page, please do update the page.

ghostlander (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2014, 08:26:07 AM

OrbitCoin now has it's own page on http://coinwik.org a wikipedia listing all the existing alt coins to help us quickly find facts and links about them.

This is a wiki page so if you know of other facts and links that can be added to the page, please do update the page.

This page needs an update definitely. The information in the opening post and our Cryptocointalk forum is correct.

ghostlander (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2014, 05:32:38 PM

This page needs an update definitely. The information in the opening post and our Cryptocointalk forum is correct.

Little confused. This is the same ORB as is on Cryptsy right. Is there a block explorer up? How many coins are out there right now and what is the coin cap? I recall ORB had a 31M coin cap, but now it's only 3.5M. Will the fixed PoS block reward continue working after the 3.5M number is reached? Does the reward only work with full 20 ORB blocks, or can you get fractional rewards?

This is my block explorer for Orbitcoin and it shows 1.36M coins currently.

As I've mentioned it previously, Red Mist advertised a 31M total, but the code couldn't do even a 1.8M total. I have fixed it, so the new total is about 3.5M. The exact amount will be calculated when the Staking Bonanza is over. ORB is the 1st PoW/PoS coin with a fixed total coin supply.

There is no fractional reward for either PoS or PoW and both are fixed value. Either you produce a block and get a full reward (+ transaction fees if any) or no block and no reward.

The idea behind the Staking Bonanza is to give coins to the community in a fair way. Those who hold the coins in their wallets staking get rewarded accordingly. It works much better this way rather than giving high rewards to the ASIC armed miners. They mine whatever is the most profitable now, dump and leave. It has been 240K ORB produced since the Bonanza start 35 days ago, that's about 20% additional. I don't see large coin dumps at exchanges, so this strategy works. The community is well motivated to keep the coins.

When the Bonanza is over, 67% of blocks produced will be PoS and the remaining 33% will be PoW. Pure PoS based models are even less secure than pure PoW ones, but that's not a common knowledge unfortunately.

informal

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 07:35:11 PM

Hi, I want to ask how to combine smaller block in the same orb wallet address?
I have a lot of block with just 1 or 2 orb so how can I combined them using coin control?
Thanks.
ghostlander (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2014, 08:44:34 PM

I have a lot of block with just 1 or 2 orb so how can I combined them using coin control?
Thanks.

Yes. The Coin Control can merge over 10 inputs for free usually.

Cor2

Activity: 595
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 11:50:44 PM

Thanks.
Go to coin control - default it shows the addresses in your wallet with the total amount in ORBs in each address.
Click on the small triangle before the square check box to "unfold" the inputs that are in one address so you can see the value of the inputs themselves, then start clicking the check box in front of inputs until you have checked at least as much as you like to send/combine, then you click "OK" to bring you back to the "Send" page and you fill in the address (may be the same address as where you are sending from) and the amount you like to send. It will calculate the fee (should be 0 if no more than 10 inputs are used) and you can send the amount, which will then get combined into one new input (plus another input for the "remainder" if you did not send as much as you selected).
Hope this clarifies!

Edit: if you are sending to your own wallet, you see the input and can re-select it for a next transfer before there is even one confirmation,
since your wallet knows everything about the transfer that still needs to be put in the block chain.
Do not try to select the input for a next transaction, because that will confuse the wallet and you will need to repair it, so only select inputs that already have some "confirmations" for a transaction.

SYNC: Sd3XBRmhrrr39Wj4rtjb3YAkwWvCze44BZ                    ORB: odyWi677JDQy7Gc6Nv6kCdnajmScqgTkDE       Honest pools (payout matching calculation):
TransferWise: International money transfer for 1%fee        Doge to the moon! D9FGY7Bhwbj2jrnk7v8VR47HTu7vfVu1gV         Nut2pools and Steadymining
DaDiood

Activity: 1

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 05:51:27 PM
Last edit: June 11, 2014, 06:36:19 PM by DaDiood

Hi everyone !

We are humbly starting a pool to mine Orbitcoins, at this address :

www.dnb.io

We are hosted in Paris, France. Our dedicated servers are carefully maintained in a datacenter. We use variable difficulty to avoid bandwidth overload, and we use the highly efficient and secure NOMP stratum server.

Feel free to join us !
Cheeeerz ;-)

David

We have been up for a few days already, 1987 blocks have been found so far, and counting !
qiwoman2
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 08:28:22 PM

Here is a nice review I did for ORBIT COIN..This is a lovely coin! I need to learn to sue the coin control soon. Grin  http://bitbillions.net/2014/06/24/altcoin-reviews-orbit-coin-is-spinning-pos-coins-out-of-orbit/

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN OIKOS

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
Modo

Activity: 27

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 08:29:11 PM

ORB can be traded on Coins-e: https://www.coins-e.com/exchange/ORB_BTC/
Mad_Max

Activity: 894
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 10:03:30 PM

Yes, they resume ORB trade.
BUT seems they forgot update wallet to latest (1.4.2.x) version - deposits/withdrawals actually not working.

He знaя пoкoя и oтдыxa, Пpи лyннoм и coлнeчнoм cвeтe, Mы дeлaeм дeньги из вoздyxa, Чтoб cнoвa cпycтить иx нa вeтep!
jonesT

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 08:04:54 PM

Try to enter in https://bittrex.com/  Smiley

almightyruler
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1092

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 12:52:25 AM

ORB can be traded on Coins-e: https://www.coins-e.com/exchange/ORB_BTC/

Take care with that exchange. I opened a ticket about ORB, pointing out that the network forked at 417k, and they seemed to be on the old version, so my deposit was never going to arrive. That was 5 months ago. As of today I am still waiting for a response.

Yes, they resume ORB trade.
BUT seems they forgot update wallet to latest (1.4.2.x) version - deposits/withdrawals actually not working.

... aaaand there we go.

edit: I just logged in to check, and it's still not credited. 314080 confirms.
Mad_Max

Activity: 894
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 11:39:56 AM

But some ppls get their ORBs deposits to COINS-E fine last days (post about it on cryptocointalk). So seems coins-e upgraded to 1.4.2 already.
But my 2 deposit is NOT credited for unknown reason ...
I think probable reason if when upgrade to 1.4.2 and start new wallet.dat may forgot to import (or something went wrong with import) old private keys from 1.2 wallet.
So clients who generate new deposit addresses recently (after wallet upgrade) get their deposits fine. But old clients like me (with deposits addresses generated in 1.2 wallet) get problems.

I write ticket about it, and surprisingly get relative fast reaction to it: about 1 or 2 answers per day (early this year i also wait weeks for tickets or even not answered at all, but now support reaction is much better).
After support check my deposits by block explorer they move ORB to "Coins under maintenance" again until resolve this problem.

Try to write ticket too. Seems they hired new person to support staff.

He знaя пoкoя и oтдыxa, Пpи лyннoм и coлнeчнoм cвeтe, Mы дeлaeм дeньги из вoздyxa, Чтoб cнoвa cпycтить иx нa вeтep!
jonesT

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 02:31:22 AM

Orbitcoin can enter in Bittrex for 2 BTC.

I sent them a message and they answered the following:

Hi,

Thanks for contacting us about your coin. We look for coins that have high community demand, innovations to cryto-coin technology, or a contribution to science or humanity. Given the demand for coin launches, we limit ourselves to only a handful a week. Launching is free and at our discretion. If you'd like to guarantee the launch of your coin and get additional marketing in our platform, we offer the option to spotlight your coin for 2.0 BTC.

To help speed up the process of deploying your coin, we'd like the following information:
* Coin Name
* Coin trading symbol
* Launch Date (past or future)
* Github Link
* Exchanges you are currently on
* Official blockchain explorer
* What is your TxFee for a transaction
* What do you believe your min trade size should be
* A png image for your coin with a transparent background

We are mindful of scams, copyright violations, and offensive subjects and reserve the right to refuse any coin on our platform.

ghostlander (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2014, 01:30:22 AM

The Staking Bonanza is over officially. Hope you've had a good time with it. The network has switched to 33% PoW blocks and 67% PoS blocks delivering 1 ORB each. There are 1.53M ORBs in circulation currently. 1.24M to be distributed over the next 28 months (2.36 years). The remaining 1M to be generated over 35 years until the block reward halves below 0.000001 ORB and the network becomes driven by transaction fees for both PoW and PoS blocks. The total number of ORBs ever produced shall be 3.77 million.

Statistics for the 2nd part of Staking Bonanza: 232.22K ORB generated, average of 2.32 ORB per block, duration 43.42 days (46.30 days expected).

coaex

Activity: 616
Merit: 503

@coaex - LBMA certified Gold & Silver

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2014, 09:58:06 AM

For a limited time, we opened ORB payments in our gold and bullion store - Coaex: https://www.coaex.com
This may be extended indefinitely, depending on community's interest in our products and services.

Regards,
Coaex Support Team

Coaex Precious Metals - Cryptocoin Gold and Silver Bullion
ghostlander (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2014, 03:49:26 PM

For a limited time, we opened ORB payments in our gold and bullion store - Coaex: https://www.coaex.com
This may be extended indefinitely, depending on community's interest in our products and services.

Regards,
Coaex Support Team

Thanks, there is a thread for the ORB merchant adoption:

ORB stores services and merchants, spend ORB

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 119 »
  Print  

Jump to: