Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 01:29:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 ... 535 »
  Print  
Author Topic: | Nxt | Blockchain Platform | Proof of Stake | Official  (Read 940978 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
kelpa

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 06:14:29 PM

....aannnndd back in http://coinmarketcap.com/

Next was no longer on coinmarketcap?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
LiQio
Legendary

Activity: 1181
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 06:15:34 PM

all POS coins were removed from start page
kelpa

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 06:21:18 PM

all POS coins were removed from start page

why??
zuqka

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 06:22:40 PM

No it's not true. The early stakeholder are like other. There is big stakeholder (more than 10 millions) who don't be the early one. And some early one work for the development of NXT. One of them propose a 5 millions bounty !

I think, the repartition is at the moment not so bad. The frontiers between big/early/and what ever stakeholder disappear week after week. I'm not a rich guy but I have at the moment a good stake. It's really possible.

We are all stake holders and every body is different. There is big, medium and little. No problem with that. Some of us want to be rich to buy a car, some other need Nxt to build a company, some other want to store saving ...

Nxt is a "teenage" Crypto-platform. It's could be sometime weird but we grow up to be an "adult" crypto-platform.

Every day, the community grows and new projects are proposed. It's the key of the success of Nxt, better repartition and value come with the time.

I have the time to wait for it.

well said!

nxt: NXT-2V7G-C8BY-KTYY-CAHNU * btc: 19UcQHepGvXb2fDcAMBJo1a3iduqBNXaGw * byte: XJBP46RQ7OZ6KKY4IXKL73VQBDKRIYJ4
farl4web
Legendary

Activity: 1205
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 06:23:04 PM

Database error
titan20

Activity: 427
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 07:17:19 PM

Why does the opening post not state the reason why this is the official thread on bct?

Some background information in the opening post about the old thread, why it was closed and why this one was (re)opened again would be helpful.

AUTO COIN

▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀                       ▀█▄
▄▄▄▄ ▄█                           █▄ ▄▄▄▄
█   ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███   █
▀▀█▀                                 ▀█▀▀
▄▀                                     ▀▄
▄▄▀▄▄▄▄                                 ▄▄▄▄▀▄▄
█       ▀▀▄                           ▄▀▀       █
█          █                         █          █
█▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀█
▒▀▄       ██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██       ▄▀▒
▒█▀▀▀▀▄▄  █              ▀              █  ▄▄▀▀▀▀█▒
▒█      █ ▀▄                           ▄▀ █      █▒
▒▀▄▀▄▄▄▄▀  █▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀█  ▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▒
▒▒▒▀▄▄▄▄▄ █                             █ ▄▄▄▄▄▀▒▒▒
 ▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
      Stand-Alone Solutions Set to Revolutionize the Automotive Sector     
WEBSITEWHITEPAPERTWITTERTELEGRAMFACEBOOKYOUTUBEINSTAGRAM
CoinTropolis_JustaBitTime

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 08:07:17 PM

"Mayor Robert Stephens - Mayor of Springfield Missouri Will be at Trek Con Springfield for Opening Ceremonies!" - Trekcon Springfield

At Trekcon, we will have the following:

- Nxt Booth
- Speaking slot (we can add an additional if we'd like -- just spoke to organizer)
- Full page ad in the program
- Access to the celebrities
- 4 - 27inch monitors
  * Demoing Nxt
  * Looping videos

They are on track to smash the 2000 attendees.

Daedelus

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 08:13:19 PM

Cheesy Cheesy
They tweeted it was a 'glitch' Cheesy

A glitch that added a new button and menu option and moved things around Cheesy hmm... Wink
msin
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1004

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 08:32:05 PM

Why does the opening post not state the reason why this is the official thread on bct?

Some background information in the opening post about the old thread, why it was closed and why this one was (re)opened again would be helpful.

The original thread was closed by the moderator (2Kool4Skewl) to encourage members to use NxtForum.org and post on specific topics rather than one long thread on BTT.  Personally I think we need both, so glad to see this thread.
paulsonnumismatics

Activity: 265

Honni Soit Qui Mal i Pense

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 08:45:38 PM

Heys, NXT noob here. After installing 1.0 and run it, and opening my web browser, im a bit confused.
So i always need to have this instance running on my windows? is like, to say, an Emule client? so the wallet is on the web? My ID is this : 7842019177529960009 is an ID? a Wallet? i need to activate it in some way?
Sorry for all the spam, and thx in advance.

This space is for lease, apparently.
Grillo

Activity: 225

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 09:02:43 PM

Heys, NXT noob here. After installing 1.0 and run it, and opening my web browser, im a bit confused.
So i always need to have this instance running on my windows? is like, to say, an Emule client? so the wallet is on the web? My ID is this : 7842019177529960009 is an ID? a Wallet? i need to activate it in some way?

-Yes, the instance running is what we call server, it is the actual peer to the Nxt network
-The "wallet" you open on the web  is what we call client, it connects to your local server (the instance running)
-7842019177529960009 is your address where people can send you money and messages to it, you can also assign alias in it.
-You do not need to activate it, but as soon as you have funds you have to secure it in the blockchain for better security. To do this you can send money to another address, send a message or buy an alias.

I recommend you to read this https://wiki.nxtcrypto.org/wiki/Getting_Started   
Eadeqa

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 09:07:03 PM

What do you mean by "instance"? If you are talking about the console (black box), you can make it disappear by replacing text  in run.bat with this

Code:
@ECHO OFF
IF EXIST java (
start "NXT NRS" javaw -cp nxt.jar;lib\*;conf nxt.Nxt
) ELSE (
IF EXIST "%PROGRAMFILES%\Java\jre7" (
start "NXT NRS" "%PROGRAMFILES%\Java\jre7\bin\javaw.exe" -cp nxt.jar;lib\*;conf nxt.Nxt
) ELSE (
IF EXIST "%PROGRAMFILES(X86)%\Java\jre7" (
start "NXT NRS" "%PROGRAMFILES(X86)%\Java\jre7\bin\javaw.exe" -cp nxt.jar;lib\*;conf nxt.Nxt
) ELSE (
ECHO Java software not found on your system. Please go to http://java.com/en/ to download a copy of Java.
PAUSE
)
)
)

It will still be running in the background, but you won't see it.

Nomi, Shan, Adnan, Noshi, Nxt, Adn Khn
NXT-GZYP-FMRT-FQ9K-3YQGS
https://github.com/Lafihh/encryptiontest
VanBreuk

Activity: 460

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 09:12:17 PM
Last edit: April 29, 2014, 09:36:53 PM by VanBreuk

I see someone else has replied, but since I wrote it already, here it goes.

- You only need to have the Nxt server running if you want to run a node or forge. The server runs in the java command window, while the client is what you open in your browser. If you wanted to forge, you'd need to unlock your account using the client (that is, introducing your password and accessing your account) but once it is unlocked, you can shut down the browser and the server will be forging. Note that in order to forge blocks often you'd need a significant amount of NXT in your account, otherwise having your computer on so your Nxt server can run constantly would hardly pay off. Good news are that soon the Account Leasing feature will go live, and then you'll be able to lease your 'forging power' without having to run a server yourself and while keeping your NXT in your account. That said, running a node (your server) will always help support the network.

- Your 'wallet', that is your account, is on the network. So you access it by running a node and providing your secret phrase to the client software.

- Your ID is your account number. That's your 'online wallet', what is called in Nxt a brain wallet.

- Once you have generated an account number (by providing a secure password) you can deposit NXT in it (knowing that you will be able to access those NXT, that is). But it is recommended to make a transaction as soon as you receive some NXT in your account, to strongly secure it. The first transaction made from an account will include your full account information in the blockchain and that increases your account security strength from 64 to 256 bits.

paulsonnumismatics

Activity: 265

Honni Soit Qui Mal i Pense

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 10:24:54 PM

Eadeqa , Grillo, VanBreuk thanks a lot for the amazing quick and informative answer.

Still all the thing seems to me a little fuzzy. But i think i got something straight:

-Is better for me to close the "instance"/node/forge/server as i will not have a super bunch of coins to "mint". (Im using mint term as i have tested already Mintcoin and BlackCoin)
-Still a bit confused as why i cant simply download a client à là Qt so i can open it, lock/unlock it, check balances and make transfers. I see that are some betas running, but its strange that the official one runs on web...
- ive read http://www.nxtcommunity.org/nxt-coin/create-your-nxt-account-number , i think i have the right window right now.
-So everytime i type on my browser "localhost:xxxx" (x being numbers) i access to that wallet? is my way to "open" my NXT wallet as in when i double click on my lets say Bitcoin Multibit wallet? I hope i then just need to enter the passphrase, because if not, entering the 20+ acct. number plus the dozen+ passphrase everytime i want to log... Will be a pain... Or im missing something?
- I dont have account on any of the exchanges NXT uses, (why is not on Mintpal?) but as soon as i try to get some NXT i will send you guys something so i can strenght that adress as you say.
Step two is to learn that Alias/messages/assets thing... ill read the wiki.
Thanks again

This space is for lease, apparently.
mthcl

Activity: 376
Merit: 300

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 10:42:50 PM

-Still a bit confused as why i cant simply download a client à là Qt so i can open it, lock/unlock it, check balances and make transfers. I see that are some betas running, but its strange that the official one runs on web...
As far as I remember, you can do it with the Offspring client, http://offspring.dgex.com/.
Damelon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1010

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 10:47:13 PM

As far as I remember, you can do it with the Offspring client, http://offspring.dgex.com/.

Correct. The Offspring client feels most like a Qt client.

Member of the Nxt Foundation | Donations: NXT-D6K7-MLY6-98FM-FLL5T
Join Nxt Slack! https://nxtchat.herokuapp.com/
Founder of Blockchain Workspace | Personal Site & Blog
lyynx

Activity: 380
Merit: 275

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 01:34:03 AM

"Mayor Robert Stephens - Mayor of Springfield Missouri Will be at Trek Con Springfield for Opening Ceremonies!" - Trekcon Springfield

At Trekcon, we will have the following:

- Nxt Booth
- Speaking slot (we can add an additional if we'd like -- just spoke to organizer)
- Full page ad in the program
- Access to the celebrities
- 4 - 27inch monitors
  * Demoing Nxt
  * Looping videos

They are on track to smash the 2000 attendees.

Thats great news. Please take lots of photos and videos. Perhaps capture videos of people and their reactions to Nxt.

RawDog
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1026

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2014, 01:39:31 AM

NXT=FAIL  This is true.

*Image Removed* *Expletive Removed*  *Obsenity Removed*
What's going on - Slavetards?!!!
Watch my videos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oE43M1Z8Iew  1FuckYouc6zrtHbnqcHdhrSVhcxgpJgfds
DrearyUrbanite

Activity: 756

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 02:04:19 AM

NXT=FAIL  This is true.

Elaborate or piss the fuck off.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
       ▄▄██████████████▄
     █████████████████████▄
   █████████████████████████
  ██████████▀▀       ▀▀██████▄
 █████████               █████
▐███████▌                 ▀███▌
████████                   ████
▐██████▌                   ▐██▌
 ███████                   ███
  ███████                 ███
   ▀██████▄             ▄██▀
     ▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
        ▀▀███████████▀▀

▄▄▄             ▄▄▄           ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄          ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   
 ███             ███           ███   ███████▄      ███        ████████      ███                   ████████       ██████▄       ███   ███████████████▄
 ███             ███           ███   ███ ▀████     ███       ███▀  ▀███     ███                  ███▀  ▀███      ███ ▀███▄     ███   ███         ▀███
 ███             ███           ███   ███   ▀███▄   ███      ███▀    ▀███    ███                 ███▀    ▀███     ███   ████    ███   ███          ███
 ███             ███           ███   ███     ▀███▄ ███     ████▄▄▄▄▄▄████   ███                ████▄▄▄▄▄▄████    ███    ▀███▄  ███   ███          ███
 ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███   ███       ███████    ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███   ███      ▀███▄███   ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
  ▀████████████▌  ▀█████████████▀    ███        ▀▀████   ███▀          ▀███  ▀█████████████  ███▀          ▀███  ███        ▀▀████   █████████████▀▀
                     ▄▄███████
                 ▄████████████
              ▄██████▀▀▀██████
       ▄▄   ▄███████     ████
   ▄▄███▀  ██████████▄▄▄████▀
 ▄████▀▀  █████████████████
         ████████████████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
          ▀█████████▀
     ▄█▀    ▀██▀▀   ▄▄
    ██  ▄█▀      ▄███▌
   █████▀        ███▀
   ▀▀▀          ███▀
                ▀     

▄█████████  ███       ██▄      ▄██         █████       ████▌   ▄██████████   
 ██▌          ███        ▀██▄  ▄██▀          ██▌███     ██▀██▌  ▐██           
 ███████████  ███          ▀████▀            ██▌ ███   ██▀ ██▌  ▐███████████   
 ██▌          ███▄          ▐██▌             ██▌  ███ ██▀  ██▌  ▐██           
 ██▌           ▀█████████   ▐██▌             ██▌   ▀███▀   ██▌   ▀██████████

█████████████▌  ▄███████████▄         █████████████▌  ██▌      ▐██    ▄██████████         █████       █████    ▄██████████▄     ▄██████████▄   ▐████▄     ▐██ 
      ▐██       ▐██▀       ▀██▌             ▐██        ██▌      ▐██   ▐██                  ██▌███     ███▐██   ▐██▀      ▀██▌   ▐██▀      ▀██▌  ▐██▀███    ▐██ 
      ▐██       ▐██         ██▌             ▐██        ████████████   ▐███████████         ██▌ ███   ███ ▐██   ▐██        ██▌   ▐██        ██▌  ▐██  ▀██▄  ▐██ 
      ▐██       ▐██▄       ▄██▌             ▐██        ██▌      ▐██   ▐█▌                  ██▌  ███ ███  ▐██   ▐██▄      ▄██▌   ▐██▄      ▄██▌  ▐██    ▀██▄▐██ 
      ▐██        ▀███████████▀              ▐██        ██▌      ▐██    ▀██████████         ██▌   ▀███▀   ▐██    ▀██████████▀     ▀██████████▀   ▐██      ▀████ 
  (
BUY LLN
)Twitter
Facebook
Telegram
Voluntold

Activity: 168

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 02:07:48 AM

Looks like we got ourselves another emule.

Nxt:  NXT-5BHG-9VRE-QGW6-DRZVQ
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 ... 535 »
  Print  

Jump to: