Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 05:05:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 [229] 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 ... 355 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Syscoin - Business on the Blockchain - LAUNCHED!  (Read 490065 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (109 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
twostepsally

Activity: 630
Merit: 253

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 05:34:42 PM

Small voice in a little crowd, but whatever:

Litecoin wolf-criers: a rudimentary comparison between the litecoin codebase and the syscoin codebase shows that the syscoin codebase has 40% more code in it.  What's that mean? It means they added an absolute MOUNTAIN of code to Litecoin. Looking through the code itself, they modified it quite a lot as well. What's that mean? It means they worked their damn asses off.

And what happens when you make the earth shattering additions and create so much innovation within the code? Well, on the small scale under controlled circumstances it probably worked fine. They probably worked every last bug out they could possibly find over the last week. They are perfectionists.

But the mining world is far from perfect, and when you add colossal attention, mining force, private builds, etc. Basically the coin gets smacked with thousands of unpredictable scenarios and if it doesn't have every failsafe perfectly in place to mitigate every issue. With a codebase as big as this, that is an extraordinarily difficult thing to do - something major companies with millions or even billions of dollars can't do.

Remember, the codebase is basically just a colossal weave of logic. That weave of logic actually behaves differently depending on what system its running on, or what compiler (the program that converts the code into an application) compiles it.

What everyone needs to understand here is that the codebase is half the size of the entire King James Bible, and bigger than any book in the harry potter series. The codebase is almost as big as George R.R. Martin's Storm of Swords, and that took 2 years to write. And AT LEAST 40% of that was built on top of Litecoin. That's why they wanted to start with an old, stable, and proven codebase in the first place, so they wouldn't have to go fixing bugs in someone else's code on top of their own.

The innovations you see in other coins? Guess what? If they were released in a week, code wise, they were relatively small changes.

And everyone that is so trigger happy to call everyone else scammers? Baloney. Devs that stick their necks out for coins and struggle to deliver the features that everyone DEMANDS to know up front sometimes have no choice to abandon projects, because they get smacked in the face with the realization that what they're trying to do would take months, and in crypto, that's too damn long. Remember curecoin? Not half as innovative in terms of code itself and the devs spent over a year working on that. Seriously.

That's why these guys spent months working on this before bringing this to market, and the features are indeed there on the backend. I've checked.

You're dealing with brilliant people here, people that have put themselves out there and have everything to lose. Sure they've got some btc, but everyone knows who they are, and like it or not, they have real lives. I'm sorry, but 1500 btc isn't enough for half a dozen people to disappear on.

Do you want to know why more incredible, hard working, brilliant developers don't rush into crypto, and altcoins especially? Because the community is filled with rabid wolves ready to tear you apart when any little thing doesn't work right. News for you, nothing works right in programming. Developers are forced to work every day with broken tools and broken code. It's a fact of life, and we deal with it every day. If that wasn't the case, there wouldn't be hacked banks, hacked networks, bug fixes and bug reports. Windows wouldn't have hundreds of updates from the word go. There wouldn't be a 'bugzilla' which is funny, because that's how coders see bugs, like f'ing godzilla.

Also, the professional bit? Do you want deep in the trenches brilliant developers that are capable of actually making phenomenal progress and producing incredible work? Or do you want PR people spewing bullshit that never tell you anything except more bullshit. I'm sorry, but I've worked in the world. The person selling you roses and butterflies doesn't have a clue what's going on in the trenches, or even how any of it works in the first place. Meanwhile, the guys in the trenches are dealing with 20 years of technobullshit that I'd be worried if they hadn't grown accustomed to swearing.

So get it together. If you're going to invest in altcoins, then you're going to have to deal with people that are more accustomed to dealing with code and computers than they are dealing with people. And if you're not dealing with people that are rough around the edges, you're not dealing with real developers. You're dealing with bullshit artists.

One last thing: The developers didn't get your money until fucking yesterday. They've been working for nothing for months. MONTHS. So sorry if they couldn't afford all the bells and whistles you think got paid for. They have it now though, and by golly, you better fucking believe they're trying to fix everything with their new resources.

Well written! Everyone should print this out and read it every day.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
slex

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2014, 05:41:47 PM

Let's say syscoin fixes issues and moolah releases funds and devs abandon coin. Moolah would lose credibility and it would be the official death of mintpal. Your move moolah

If they fix the issues in full, then they have met their side of the bargain. We are not responsible for the long-term stability of the coin; in any way, shape or form. Our role was to be an escrow facilitator, which is what we are doing.

Our plans for MintPal are far greater than a single coin, so yes, we will make our moves as we see fit.

Your answer won't be popular here :-)) and quite understandably why. The 48 hours grace period is based on what, it's your discretion?

Because unlike some people, we are patient; and are giving the Syscoin developers a period of time to fix the issues that have arisen. Had they not made any effort before now, they would not have that grace period. Our agreement with Syscoin includes a window of opportunity for them to fix issues that pop up after launch.

At the end of the day though? Yes, the grace period is at my discretion.

If we end up having to process refunds (either directly, or by throwing up ICO level buy walls), then we will do so accordingly. People need to worry less and stop going "OMG THERE IS ONLY 50 BTC BUY WALL" - that is because we are holding on to the rest.
Now this will mean many would stay away from anything you escrow. And no, I am not the ones who goes "OMG YOU DONE EFFED IT UP". It is what it is. I think it is commendable that you dint bow out so easily and instead gave the devs a chance. But I think 2 days post launch was more than enough 4 days is too much.
And I will ask again, where in the moolah T&C was it mentioned that you could use your discretion when it came to releasing funds?

EDIT: This is to specifically danospehere. You made much noise about how ethereum's T&C condition contained a clause which clearly said people are not going to get their funds even if there is no working code delivered. SYSCOIN was supposed to be different. Given the situation and how moolah is favoring you (and I agree with them to an extent). I think you are worse than ethereum, product delivered or not. You guys have misled people wherein "escrower's" discretion to release funds were not mentioned.

Any escrow process has a 3rd party that will arbitrarily decide the final outcome of the funds. That is our role in this scenario, we are the 3rd party with that power. That is where our discretion comes from, and based on general public sentiment across a wide range of social media; people seem very happy with this. That is the point of us. We make the final decision. If anything, 4 days is too short - but due to community outcry, this is the timeframe we are offering.

To be frank, if we were to stick to normal escrow terms - they would get 10 days. We are offering them 48 hours in light of what has happened so far, and their ongoing attempts to resolve these issues. We are not favoring anybody however, so please refrain from spreading false and inaccurate information.

Founder // CEO - moolah.io
kelvng105

Activity: 267
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 05:42:33 PM

Let's say syscoin fixes issues and moolah releases funds and devs abandon coin. Moolah would lose credibility and it would be the official death of mintpal. Your move moolah

If they fix the issues in full, then they have met their side of the bargain. We are not responsible for the long-term stability of the coin; in any way, shape or form. Our role was to be an escrow facilitator, which is what we are doing.

Our plans for MintPal are far greater than a single coin, so yes, we will make our moves as we see fit.

Your answer won't be popular here :-)) and quite understandably why. The 48 hours grace period is based on what, it's your discretion?

Because unlike some people, we are patient; and are giving the Syscoin developers a period of time to fix the issues that have arisen. Had they not made any effort before now, they would not have that grace period. Our agreement with Syscoin includes a window of opportunity for them to fix issues that pop up after launch.

If we end up having to process refunds (either directly, or by throwing up ICO level buy walls), then we will do so accordingly. People need to worry less and stop going "OMG THERE IS ONLY 50 BTC BUY WALL" - that is because we are holding on to the rest.
Now this will mean many would stay away from anything you escrow. And no, I am not the ones who goes "OMG YOU DONE EFFED IT UP". It is what it is. I think it is commendable that you dint bow out so easily and instead gave the devs a chance. But I think 2 days post launch was more than enough 4 days is too much.
And I will ask again, where in the moolah T&C was it mentioned that you could use your discretion when it came to releasing funds?

EDIT: This is to specifically danospehere. You made much noise about how ethereum's T&C condition contained a clause which clearly said people are not going to get their funds even if there is no working code delivered. SYSCOIN was supposed to be different. Given the situation and how moolah is favoring you (and I agree with them to an extent). I think you are worse than ethereum, product delivered or not. You guys have misled people wherein "escrower's" discretion to release funds were not mentioned.

FYI as comparison , Crypti's launched was delayed for weeks and people still haven't complained as much..

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=654463.0

Bter was much worse than MP ... recent hack. etc.. you should feel safe with Moolah

Bag Holding: BTC, VIA, XCH, SLG, VDO, SYS
BTC: 1MJSbm9r6tKUx3XGNeWyjue8AgCoYFhf6Z 
VIA: VrYnZm1Fk2dk3aSwByoro4kaV5gCcmPwva
VDO: VJzPMoyQ4NEXebn73t1ZGVPCCEtUGJjS8r
CryptoClub
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1000

cryptocollectorsclub.com

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 05:43:54 PM

After testing the other decentralized exchanges, the design they have does not work well for business, average users anyway, far too easy to make a mistake and lose money. I would never have an employee use one of their platforms, and if i ever do again, I will be much more careful with it.

The integrated marketplace for Syscoin appears the best "idiot proof" design, NXT is the worst and insta creates new accounts with any errors - insane! I bought more SYS after actually testing and seeing how problematic the others were. "Business on the Blockchain" has to be simple. This appears, to me, the best option for the moment, for having a chance to move beyond just a speculative tool for trading other speculative investments.

As for time it takes to get it right, if they can make it a huge success I can wait a few days.

melfrecords

Activity: 132
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 05:43:54 PM

Our agreement with Syscoin includes a window of opportunity for them to fix issues that pop up after launch.

That will be a surprise to many investors. I am sure you are familiar with the UK commercial law that requires full transparency from the parties when performing escrow type of contracts. It seems to me you failed in that and even the best solicitors won't be able to help you when it goes to HM Court.

+1

kelvng105

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 05:45:03 PM

Our agreement with Syscoin includes a window of opportunity for them to fix issues that pop up after launch.

That will be a surprise to many investors. I am sure you are familiar with the UK commercial law that requires full transparency from the parties when performing escrow type of contracts. It seems to me you failed in that and even the best solicitors won't be able to help you when it goes to HM Court.

+1

Bitcycle

Activity: 420

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 05:45:48 PM

Any escrow process has a 3rd party that will arbitrarily decide the final outcome of the funds. That is our role in this scenario, we are the 3rd party with that power. That is where our discretion comes from, and based on general public sentiment across a wide range of social media; people seem very happy with this. That is the point of us. We make the final decision. If anything, 4 days is too short - but due to community outcry, this is the timeframe we are offering.

To be frank, if we were to stick to normal escrow terms - they would get 10 days. We are offering them 48 hours in light of what has happened so far, and their ongoing attempts to resolve these issues. We are not favoring anybody however, so please refrain from spreading false and inaccurate information.

To be frank, the product was due 2 days ago, and it has not been delivered.  If anything, an additional 2 days is far too long.

You're certainly cutting the SYS team a break here, no matter how much you try to claim otherwise.
kelvng105

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 05:46:35 PM

To be frank, the product was due 2 days ago, and it has not been delivered.  If anything, an additional 2 days is far too long.

You're certainly cutting the SYS team a break here, no matter how much you try to claim otherwise.

FYI as comparison , Crypti's launched was delayed for weeks and people still haven't complained as much..

Soul_eater_123
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 05:47:18 PM

Would be good to have merged mining with Bitmark and VIA.
slex

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2014, 05:47:21 PM

That will be a surprise to many investors. I am sure you are familiar with the UK commercial law that requires full transparency from the parties when performing escrow type of contracts. It seems to me you failed in that and even the best solicitors won't be able to help you when this case goes to HM Court.

Edit: Plus being biased by taking into the interest of only one party as you clearly do is breach of contract. Better to refund it now, you are digging yourself into a big whole here :-))))

I would recommend you go back to your solicitors, they have provided you with inaccurate information. We have been fully transparent, and are now exercising our authority as a 3rd party mediator. You are welcome to try and scare people by throwing comments such as "UK commercial law" and "HM Court" around, but it won't work with us; you are wasting your time. I am sure you are aware of the intricacies of escrow type contracts in relation to multinational agreements where it is purely asset based with no exchange of currency.

If we were biased - we would have released the coins and not given the Syscoin team this ultimatum.

You are more than welcome to have your solicitor contact us, either myself (for the public record, I have a Law degree - though with a primary focus on the psychological aspects of crime) or a member of our legal counsel will be more than happy to give him a free educational lesson.

Primitive

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 05:47:27 PM

It is an all or nothing scenario.

Says who?   Undecided

Weren't you guys just discussing the possibility of refunds?  

What about the rest of us that DO NOT want a refund and want to keep our SYS?

this doesnt make any sense.  why would you want to keep your SYS if the wallet / forks dont get properly fixed?  i guess just dont request a refund, and maybe you can keep them - just not sure why you'd want them if the project is stopped.

NEM, LSK, STRAT
discodancer

Activity: 378

Time is Money - Benjamin Franklin

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 05:49:02 PM

Now this is getting tiring. I praise you actually not pulling the trigger and instead question me for spreading false information?

Lets do this the third time again with the frustration which has been part of this coin:

Where in the T&C does it mention 2-4-10 days of escrow mentioned in the T&C. A simple section number so and so would have sufficed. Given that you cant answer this straight up, I am sure there is no mention of it. Is there? Just pulling numbers out of your ass.
So stop with the bullshit about normal escrow terms. It is not like an unwritten samurai code which is followed but not written.
Bitcycle

Activity: 420

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 05:49:05 PM

That will be a surprise to many investors. I am sure you are familiar with the UK commercial law that requires full transparency from the parties when performing escrow type of contracts. It seems to me you failed in that and even the best solicitors won't be able to help you when this case goes to HM Court.

Edit: Plus being biased by taking into the interest of only one party as you clearly do is breach of contract. Better to refund it now, you are digging yourself into a big whole here :-))))

I would recommend you go back to your solicitors, they have provided you with inaccurate information. We have been fully transparent, and are now exercising our authority as a 3rd party mediator. You are welcome to try and scare people by throwing comments such as "UK commercial law" and "HM Court" around, but it won't work with us; you are wasting your time. I am sure you are aware of the intricacies of escrow type contracts in relation to multinational agreements where it is purely asset based with no exchange of currency.

If we were biased - we would have released the coins and not given the Syscoin team this ultimatum.

You are more than welcome to have your solicitor contact us, either myself (for the public record, I have a Law degree - though with a primary focus on the psychological aspects of crime) or a member of our legal counsel will be more than happy to give him a free educational lesson.

You really do know how to win people over to your service, don't you?

I read this and think "I want to do business with this person!!!!"
slex

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2014, 05:49:09 PM

Arbitration periods generally last a hell of a lot longer than 2 days. We have set an ultimatum and a deadline, meaning the final length of time they have to fix issues that appeared at launch is 96 hours. This is not a remotely long period of time.

n00bnoxious

Activity: 280

Bitnation Development Team Member

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 05:49:52 PM

After testing the other decentralized exchanges, the design they have does not work well for business, average users anyway, far too easy to make a mistake and lose money. I would never have an employee use one of their platforms, and if i ever do again, I will be much more careful with it.

The integrated marketplace for Syscoin appears the best "idiot proof" design, NXT is the worst and insta creates new accounts with any errors - insane! I bought more SYS after actually testing and seeing how problematic the others were. "Business on the Blockchain" has to be simple. This appears, to me, the best option for the moment, for having a chance to move beyond just a speculative tool for trading other speculative investments.

As for time it takes to get it right, if they can make it a huge success I can wait a few days.

+1

NXT, XCP and XCH look great on paper, but are fiddly at best, unusable for 99% of people (non-techies). This wallet uses a familiar codebase, and provides features that people will be far more comfortable using. Anybody complaining that they haven't fixed some international systemic issues within 48 hours of release of so much totally new code has quite obviously never released a large project on a very limited budget before... Anybody who claims that they have a huge budget is paying no attention to the fact that Moolah still hold their funds!
kelvng105

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 05:50:14 PM

GUYS WTF... LOOK AT CRYPTI.. it was delayed for WEEKS with NO BUY support from DEV..

They wallet and chain are not up yet

Stop crying and WAIT!!!

Primitive

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 05:50:58 PM

this doesnt make any sense.  why would you want to keep your SYS if the wallet / forks dont get properly fixed?  i guess just dont request a refund, and maybe you can keep them - just not sure why you'd want them if the project is stopped.

Maybe because I don't mind giving more than 48 hours for the devs to resolve issues...   Roll Eyes

ok, i understand now.  yes, well i guess we/you are not in charge of setting the deadlines.  so, as a group, we're just going to have to go with the choices made by Devs and Moolah.  i trust them to handle it the best way they can under the circumstances.

NEM, LSK, STRAT
slex

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2014, 05:51:29 PM

Now this is getting tiring. I praise you actually not pulling the trigger and instead question me for spreading false information?

Lets do this the third time again with the frustration which has been part of this coin:

Where in the T&C does it mention 2-4-10 days of escrow mentioned in the T&C. A simple section number so and so would have sufficed. Given that you cant answer this straight up, I am sure there is no mention of it. Is there? Just pulling numbers out of your ass.
So stop with the bullshit about normal escrow terms. It is not like an unwritten samurai code which is followed but not written.

Our terms of service in relation to escrow services are not a matter of public record, they are done on a case by case basis with each party we enter in to an agreement with.

We decided on an arbitration window of 96 hours, in order to give the team to fix issues that popped up at launch in relation to the forking, etc. The original planned timeframe was 7 days, after discussions with the Syscoin team. We have reduced this window by exercising our right to do so.

This is our final say on this matter.

Primitive

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 05:51:50 PM

GUYS WTF... LOOK AT CRYPTI.. it was delayed for WEEKS with NO BUY support from DEV..

They wallet and chain are not up yet

Stop crying and WAIT!!!

Crypti is stuck on a hacked exchange (BTER), not because of broken wallet and forks.

NEM, LSK, STRAT
discodancer

Activity: 378

Time is Money - Benjamin Franklin

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 05:52:11 PM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=654463.0

Bter was much worse than MP ... recent hack. etc.. you should feel safe with Moolah
because they were upfront about the problem and allowed token to be traded? Hell their ICO prices were much lower so anyone not liking the delay can get out cleanly, even at above ICO prices. Not the least, they dint stick a non working wallet and say oh well shit happens.
Pages: « 1 ... 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 [229] 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 ... 355 »
  Print  

Jump to: