Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 05:23:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 [342] 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Syscoin - Business on the Blockchain - LAUNCHED!  (Read 490058 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (109 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
Soul_eater_123
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 02:51:44 PM

IMO the way to make the value grow is to start building all the things that this project promises.  Obviously that needs money to be released so that should be an urgent priority.  I don't think any funds should be used to make buy walls and the like though.  This would be completely pointless and counterproductive.  Value is added through utility and function, not through price manipulation (which can only ever be a short term fix).  Putting up buy walls would be a sign of fear/uncertainty and liable to backfire.  Let's get funds released and start building real value.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sdersdf2

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 02:55:35 PM

This can be tricky as Moolah can use problematic launch, as excuse to hold funds, for as long as they want/need. This is not only about protecting IPO investors, this is also about having in the pocket ~1500BTC that can be invested in market manipulations or another projects.
For the sake of they reputation they should release IPO ASAP. I wish all the best for SYSCOIN Dev team and hope it all works out good for them with Moolah ......

It's a sensitive situation - from Moolah's perspective, I'm sure they're worried about doing something in some way, or making some unintended mistake, that could come back to haunt them later, almost no matter what they do. The whole situation is a mess.
btcney

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 03:13:19 PM

Moolah should use the 1500 btc to pump syscoin Cheesy
snipsnoop
Legendary

Activity: 924

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 03:15:28 PM

this is the error im continually getting after opening the wallet. i have to uninstall and reinstall for it to work and it only works one time before it errors out.

Get the latest wallet from OP.
danosphere (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1001

Syscoin- Changing the way people do business.

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2014, 03:16:05 PM

this is the error im continually getting after opening the wallet. i have to uninstall and reinstall for it to work and it only works one time before it errors out.

We have moved to non-installer based wallets. Please uninstall your current wallet, download the latest windows EXE/ZIP and you will be good to go.

This can be tricky as Moolah can use problematic launch, as excuse to hold funds, for as long as they want/need. This is not only about protecting IPO investors, this is also about having in the pocket ~1500BTC that can be invested in market manipulations or another projects.
For the sake of they reputation they should release IPO ASAP. I wish all the best for SYSCOIN Dev team and hope it all works out good for them with Moolah ......

It's a sensitive situation - from Moolah's perspective, I'm sure they're worried about doing something in some way, or making some unintended mistake, that could come back to haunt them later, almost no matter what they do. The whole situation is a mess.

It is sensitive and we're working with them. We both want to see the value of this coin grow and yes launching something this dramatically different than other coins is a difficult undertaking, the team (Syscoin) underestimated the scale of this undertaking and yes there were issues at launch which we resolved as quickly as possible and now things are working correctly.

For those asking about roadmaps or no clear path forward - this is why we are locking this thread and moving to a new one. We have posted this information multiple times but its been lost in the avalanche of pages here. To reiterate, and this will be clearly posted in the new thread later today [ROADMAP]:

- Merged Mining and Service fee regeneration (we are working on this now on testnet, we have regen working and MM but there was an issue with MM + services which we're ironing out right now). <- this will constitute the NEXT release aka 0.1.4 and will happen very soon, we're not launching things without overly testing now.
- ESCROW. We already have stubs in the code and this is the next feature to be implemented
- END TO END ENCRYPTION USING SYSCOIN KEYS - This is after escrow
- SERVICE FEE SCHEDULE FINALIZATION (after 90 day period, dynamic pricing will go into effect)
- QT WALLET IMPROVEMENTS (services in wallet, with nice UIs)
- (in parallel with the above, the non-C devs on the team): Building web-based service demos on top of all our four launch services all of which are properly functioning.

The above represents a 1-3month roadmap and will be clear in the new post, which will be up later today we were drafting it yesterday but then focused on Merged-mining later in the day.

We will begin shipping rewards this week pending the first payout from the fund, we have all of the gear ready to go out the door!

Syscoin: Business on the Blockchain. - Buy and sell goods and services, send encrypted messages and more all secured by the blockchain.
Syscoin Website | Syscoin Whitepaper | Syscoin Team Price Peg
danosphere (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2014, 03:20:05 PM

IMO the way to make the value grow is to start building all the things that this project promises.  Obviously that needs money to be released so that should be an urgent priority.  I don't think any funds should be used to make buy walls and the like though.  This would be completely pointless and counterproductive.  Value is added through utility and function, not through price manipulation (which can only ever be a short term fix).  Putting up buy walls would be a sign of fear/uncertainty and liable to backfire.  Let's get funds released and start building real value.

BTW we totally agree with this- we want to grow value in a real way. Not though walls and price manipulation. We already spent 250btc of the fund on buy support and Moolah is holding that SYS as per the payout schedule communicated earlier. What remains of the fund will be pushed toward additional dev, scaling the team, bringing on FT devs and a community manager to join the existing team and continue executing and expediting the roadmap outlined in my last post. We have 3 new devs we've brought on since launch but have paused growing the team further until we have some of the funding in place which should happen shortly.

Syscoin: Business on the Blockchain. - Buy and sell goods and services, send encrypted messages and more all secured by the blockchain.
subseaguru

Activity: 560
Merit: 504

I know the voices in my head aren't real.

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 03:20:14 PM

is there a new wallet coming out every morning now??? this is the newest one i was told i needed yesterday..
Syscoin-Qt (OSS GUI client for Syscoin) Syscoin_v0.1.3

josephliton

Activity: 644

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 03:22:23 PM

We have moved to non-installer based wallets. Please uninstall your current wallet, download the latest windows EXE/ZIP and you will be good to go.

It is sensitive and we're working with them. We both want to see the value of this coin grow and yes launching something this dramatically different than other coins is a difficult undertaking, the team (Syscoin) underestimated the scale of this undertaking and yes there were issues at launch which we resolved as quickly as possible and now things are working correctly.

For those asking about roadmaps or no clear path forward - this is why we are locking this thread and moving to a new one. We have posted this information multiple times but its been lost in the avalanche of pages here. To reiterate, and this will be clearly posted in the new thread later today [ROADMAP]:

- Merged Mining and Service fee regeneration (we are working on this now on testnet, we have regen working and MM but there was an issue with MM + services which we're ironing out right now). <- this will constitute the NEXT release aka 0.1.4 and will happen very soon, we're not launching things without overly testing now.
- ESCROW. We already have stubs in the code and this is the next feature to be implemented
- SERVICE FEE SCHEDULE FINALIZATION (after 90 day period, dynamic pricing will go into effect)
- (in parallel with the above, the non-C devs on the team): Building web-based service demos on top of all our four launch services all of which are properly functioning.

The above represents a 1-3month roadmap and will be clear in the new post, which will be up later today we were drafting it yesterday but then focused on Merged-mining later in the day.

We will begin shipping rewards this week pending the first payout from the fund, we have all of the gear ready to go out the door!

Keep it up Dano. Smiley

profitofthegods

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2014, 03:25:38 PM

Looking forward to reading the roadmap and getting my goodies.  Smiley

Any news on payouts for the bounties?

danosphere (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2014, 03:32:42 PM

is there a new wallet coming out every morning now??? this is the newest one i was told i needed yesterday..

No but we do work to update any issues we find ASAP. The QT wallets were impacted by issues relating to the display of the services pages so we removed them and also removed the installer-based approach. These new wallets address "hanging" issues / the error you screencap'd in your post.

Looking forward to reading the roadmap and getting my goodies.  Smiley

Any news on payouts for the bounties?

Thanks! We're looking forward to shipping them out as they'll get more awareness around Syscoin in general. Bounty payouts in SYS have already started if you are owed something and haven't been paid please contact sebastien1234 from the team. BTC bounties are getting paid out as soon as we receive the first portion of the funding which we're waiting on but hoping for today.

Henrietta.UK

Activity: 123
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 03:39:45 PM

can't figure out why people sell their coins at such low price,i trust the dev and moolah.
Qiuyue201

Activity: 537

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 03:41:08 PM

can't figure out why people sell their coins at such low price,i trust the dev and moolah.

It's quite simple. People were selling at 518 satoshi, because they knew they will be able to rebuy at 418.
Probably now people are selling at 350, becuse they know they will be able to rebuy it at 250.
Even if they believe in the coin, they want to multiply their sys this way.
subseaguru

Activity: 560
Merit: 504

I know the voices in my head aren't real.

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 03:50:32 PM

[/quote]
[/quote]

No but we do work to update any issues we find ASAP. The QT wallets were impacted by issues relating to the display of the services pages so we removed them and also removed the installer-based approach. These new wallets address "hanging" issues / the error you screencap'd in your post.

the one i just downloaded (it was the same wallet as i downloaded last night) did the same thing. it runs and downloads the chain, scans and then i get the same error. let me know when you fix it. until then all SYS mining proceeds go to the exchange.

ethought
Legendary

Activity: 1316

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 03:50:51 PM

Moolah should give some kind of statement in regards of this. They looked awesome with handling the situation on the launch, but now something is fishy...

Moolah should give the money to the devs or return it to the investors.

AT NO TIME DID THE INVESTORS AGREE TO ALLOW MOOLAH TO HOLD THE FUNDS FOR THEMSELVES INDEFINITELY.

Agreed.

Is there an official statement on why Moolah is not releasing the first 250 BTC?

Not particularly impressed with Moolah at this stage and would be very wary of investing through them again unless they rectify the situation quick smart!

danosphere (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2014, 03:59:45 PM

the one i just downloaded (it was the same wallet as i downloaded last night) did the same thing. it runs and downloads the chain, scans and then i get the same error. let me know when you fix it. until then all SYS mining proceeds go to the exchange.

If you're redownloading the windows wallet that fixes this issue did you clear your old data first (in roaming folder)? If you did and this is still a problem this would be the first report we've had of such an issue with this win wallet- please send your debug.log to dan@syscoin.org so we can further analyze and assist, thanks.

Moolah should give some kind of statement in regards of this. They looked awesome with handling the situation on the launch, but now something is fishy...

Moolah should give the money to the devs or return it to the investors.

AT NO TIME DID THE INVESTORS AGREE TO ALLOW MOOLAH TO HOLD THE FUNDS FOR THEMSELVES INDEFINITELY.

Agreed.

Is there an official statement on why Moolah is not releasing the first 250 BTC?

Not particularly impressed with Moolah at this stage and would be very wary of investing through them again unless they rectify the situation quick smart!

Moolah wants to make sure we came through on our commitments and didn't just slack off given the shaky launch. We have spoken with them and will issue a statement Tuesday once the official paperwork is complete but things are all good Smiley in the interim I can say we are starting to roll out BTC bounty payments to those owed and will start shipping rewards as well! Going to be another busy day!

goblynn

Activity: 292

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 04:02:57 PM

its so they can buy back cheaper once other people sell...or cutting loses as price continues to plummet

Radium.Bringing Advanced Utility to the Blockchain with the Radium SmartChain!
Website | BTCT Thread | Slack
kencoles

Activity: 244

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 04:04:31 PM

Moolah wants to make sure we came through on our commitments and didn't just slack off given the shaky launch. We have spoken with them and will issue a statement Tuesday once the official paperwork is complete but things are all good Smiley in the interim I can say we are starting to roll out BTC bounty payments to those owed and will start shipping rewards as well! Going to be another busy day!

@danosphere what about the new thread ?

Coles

peels

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 04:13:51 PM

Coles

?? one page back he talked about it.

To reiterate, and this will be clearly posted in the new thread later today [ROADMAP]:
danosphere (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2014, 04:14:12 PM

Coles

Will be up today we already have a draft its much much nicer/clearer than the OP. The last post in THIS thread will be a link to the new thread, then I will lock this thread. Will happen in hours Wink new thread will still backlink to this thread for full traceability. Meant to get it up yesterday but Merged-mining testing took precedence.

josephliton

Activity: 644

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 04:15:39 PM

Coles

Will be up today we already have a draft its much much nicer/clearer than the OP. The last post in THIS thread will be a link to the new thread, then I will lock this thread. Will happen in hours Wink new thread will still backlink to this thread for full traceability. Meant to get it up yesterday but Merged-mining testing took precedence.

Thank you for everthing.  Smiley

Pages: « 1 ... 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 [342] 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 »
  Print  

Jump to: