Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 06:07:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 [344] 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Syscoin - Business on the Blockchain - LAUNCHED!  (Read 490058 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (109 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
Yuzu

Activity: 368
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 07:18:03 PM

Undecided
This isn't how I imagined the path of this coin, and please don't think I'm trying to fud, cause that's not me.  The Moolah involvement is no longer protecting the interest of the investors.  Why would the devs have any incentive to work hard on the coin now; they've made not a dime from it.  Subsequently, with the botched launch and no buy walls, the value is spiraling downward.  I'm not exactly sure how it can recover at this point.

I think you should consider the fact that the devs are still in the game....... they been consistently replying our posts......... They have indicated that they will formalize agreements with moolah within a couple of days........ The devs are still confident that a slew of developments / features have been worked upon and just await payments...... Monday is a bank holiday........

So if things don't move for the better say Thursday, maybe the melancholy would be merited...... The night is darkest just before sunrise...neh?

We are indeed and will continue to be for a very very long time. We strongly believe in Syscoin and the tech already implemented. 

I'm here because I've believed in Syscoin from the beginning.  But I'm honestly concerned about the involvement with Moolah.
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
snipsnoop
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 07:19:55 PM

Why would the devs have any incentive to work hard on the coin now; they've made not a dime from it.

No, they are getting the money in installments over time from Moolah, so if they don't work hard they don't get paid.

That's the point.  They've gone from being independent developers of an innovative coin to--basically--employees of Moolah.  The whole thing is problematic.

That is not correct, we are still very much independent. Moolah will bring a lot more to the table and already are. Devs, resources etc..
The Moolah involvement is NOT a bad thing guys.. Quite the contrary.
carlb007

Activity: 252

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2014, 07:21:35 PM

Why would the devs have any incentive to work hard on the coin now; they've made not a dime from it.

No, they are getting the money in installments over time from Moolah, so if they don't work hard they don't get paid.

That's the point.  They've gone from being independent developers of an innovative coin to--basically--employes of Moolah.  The whole thing is problematic.

Think its been more of an unfortunately chain of events really. Moolah paid them > launch fucked up > devs returned 250 BTC to re-installl faith in users > Devs fixed stuff > Weekend and UK Bank holiday delays them getting payment and doing what they intended with the money. Time span for events: 1 week, Result: Panic.
Think the Moolah setup will work well once the first hurdle is passed personally.

Like the other poster says - if come thursday next week things are all still looking bad then maybe it is time to get a little more worried. Right now i think people need to go read up on the word "patience" because very few clearly have an ounce of the stuff.

ThousandFaces

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 07:22:02 PM

It's amazing to me that this long after the launch the wallet is still so bad. I still get stuck on blocks. I follow every update to a 'T'... Coin is a joke. These devs are like a dog trying to drive a car. Glad I got my initial investment out early...
ocminer
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1240

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2014, 07:24:41 PM

It's amazing to me that this long after the launch the wallet is still so bad. I still get stuck on blocks. I follow every update to a 'T'... Coin is a joke. These devs are like a dog trying to drive a car. Glad I got my initial investment out early...

I am sorry to say i have the same Problems..  On two separate Servers...

suprnova pools - reliable mining pools - #suprnova on freenet
https://www.suprnova.cc - FOLLOW us @ Twitter ! twitter.com/SuprnovaPools
Yuzu

Activity: 368

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 07:25:57 PM

That's the point.  They've gone from being independent developers of an innovative coin to--basically--employes of Moolah.  The whole thing is problematic.

Think its been more of an unfortunately chain of events really. Moolah paid them > launch fucked up > devs returned 250 BTC to re-installl faith in users > Devs fixed stuff > Weekend and UK Bank holiday delays them getting payment and doing what they intended with the money. Time span for events: 1 week, Result: Panic.
Think the Moolah setup will work well once the first hurdle is passed personally.

Like the other poster says - if come thursday next week things are all still looking bad then maybe it is time to get a little more worried. Right now i think people need to go read up on the word "patience" because very few clearly have an ounce of the stuff.

I can be very patient.  I'm certainly not trying to FUD.  I just feel a little anxious about the things that have happened since the launch.  For me, there's no harm in waiting to see what will happen.
Wheatclove

Activity: 606
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 07:29:08 PM

I am sorry to say i have the same Problems..  On two separate Servers...
No issues here. Closed wallet around block 5000 before the release of 0.1.3 and left it closed for a few days. When I updated, it was stuck on that block, deleted block index and it synced back up to the current block in a matter of 5 minutes... Don't see this as an issue..
varun555

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 07:29:18 PM

Hey devs

bought 15000 more coins with the very last of my money...... even though moolah is still to give me my presale coins!

So I am Rooting for this coin ALL THE WAY!
mauriek

Activity: 1008
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 07:37:59 PM

I believe in this coin, Moolah and dev will lose a lot more than us if they screw up, the speed of the fix response are better than other coin out there, over $700k market cap today, over $18k trade volume, all in just 9 days after launch, even with the bad problem earlier, this coin just need a steady development and a good marketing plan to thrive.
manbot1

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 07:59:01 PM

every 1 please wait and be patient .. moolah will sort things out on tuesday... in uk  bank holiday monday  there well on a break almost every 1 in uk will be doing something with there family ...not sitting on computers no chance..its a big thing here bank holiday  so chill out and wait till tuesday  they come good ..they got to so we can move forward..thats why they said tuesday  ITS A  BANK HOLIDAY MONDAY..
Wexlike
Legendary

Activity: 1473
Merit: 1086

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 08:05:24 PM

Hey devs

bought 15000 more coins with the very last of my money...... even though moolah is still to give me my presale coins!

So I am Rooting for this coin ALL THE WAY!

I have also invested a little bit of my play money. Let's ride it together.  Smiley
cwb27

Activity: 148
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 08:16:17 PM

Why was moolah allowed to circumvent the ipo rules and invest 180 btc. That is bullshit as we were limited to 25 btc. What else backdoor deals did you do?
manbot1

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 08:17:49 PM

when are we going to have our own chat room ..systalk  ..we need 1
TheMilkman

Activity: 334

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 08:31:18 PM

And what is the devs plan to help the coin recover? It seems there is no plan. Wasting btc on some features that noone is using and which are not promoted is not a plan. Waiting for FUDders to go away and the price magically rise is not a plan. Look at first page of bittrex. Sys is the only coin that has not recovered after weekend. There is no way this coin will succeed the sell pressure is bigger and bigger and devs are just hoping that waiting will fix Everything.
manbot1

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 08:32:12 PM

Why was moolah allowed to circumvent the ipo rules and invest 180 btc. That is bullshit as we were limited to 25 btc. What else backdoor deals did you do?
you are 1 man investing 25btc  which is alot of money and you are doing nowt on dev side. they are a company with devs to pay.. but split up its 7 times more than 1 man..there might be 10 people who own moolah..so they got less than you really..plus even if they buy loads of sys up. thats stupid people bailing out at a loss.. if you INVEST you are not guaranteed to make money..is there any cryptocurrency out there thats gone up and up without a loss..they go up and down like a yoyo..iam not saying there not a crypto currency.thats gone up and up i just don.t know of 1
danosphere (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1001

Syscoin- Changing the way people do business.

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2014, 08:36:34 PM

I am sorry to say i have the same Problems..  On two separate Servers...

Can you please contact us in #syscoin? We're there to help in realtime. All wallet issues have been resolved, if you're still having issues come talk to us and we will help. So far we have not had a single person who started with "Wallet issues" end the conversation with us still having "wallet issues". So please, come chat with us we are there to help. Posting that it still doesn't work with very little context doesn't give us much to work with in terms of helping you out, and we want to help.

They did not circumvent any rules. I am not aware of how much (if any) they bought during presale. I think they bought a significant number of coins on the open market on dips, and there is absolutely nothing "backdoor deal" about that.

when are we going to have our own chat room ..systalk  ..we need 1

#Syscoin on Freenode IRC, we're in there round the clock!

And what is the devs plan to help the coin recover? It seems there is no plan. Wasting btc on some features that noone is using and which are not promoted is not a plan. Waiting for FUDders to go away and the price magically rise is not a plan. Look at first page of bittrex. Sys is the only coin that has not recovered after weekend. There is no way this coin will succeed the sell pressure is bigger and bigger and devs are just hoping that waiting will fix Everything.

Quoting from earlier since this is repetition:

For those asking about roadmaps or no clear path forward - this is why we are locking this thread and moving to a new one. We have posted this information multiple times but its been lost in the avalanche of pages here. To reiterate, and this will be clearly posted in the new thread later today [ROADMAP]:

- Merged Mining and Service fee regeneration (we are working on this now on testnet, we have regen working and MM but there was an issue with MM + services which we're ironing out right now). <- this will constitute the NEXT release aka 0.1.4 and will happen very soon, we're not launching things without overly testing now.
- ESCROW. We already have stubs in the code and this is the next feature to be implemented
- END TO END ENCRYPTION USING SYSCOIN KEYS - This is after escrow
- SERVICE FEE SCHEDULE FINALIZATION (after 90 day period, dynamic pricing will go into effect)
- QT WALLET IMPROVEMENTS (services in wallet, with nice UIs)
- (in parallel with the above, the non-C devs on the team): Building web-based service demos on top of all our four launch services all of which are properly functioning.

The above represents a 1-3month roadmap and will be clear in the new post, which will be up later today we were drafting it yesterday but then focused on Merged-mining later in the day.

We're talking now about rolling out Service Fee Regeneration as its own release without merged mining, within the next day or so. Details to follow shortly lots of stuff going on today.

Syscoin: Business on the Blockchain. - Buy and sell goods and services, send encrypted messages and more all secured by the blockchain.
Syscoin Website | Syscoin Whitepaper | Syscoin Team Price Peg
danosphere (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2014, 08:44:00 PM

Oh and i can't help but mention there are devs like JohnDorien here on BCT actively working with us and asking question to leverage Syscoin to its full potential. I just spoke with him for about 50min to help him through some SysMarket setup (open source, on our github). He is making good progress:

We're here to help ALL DEVS with questions like this, come talk to us!

Syscoin: Business on the Blockchain. - Buy and sell goods and services, send encrypted messages and more all secured by the blockchain.
ocminer
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1240

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2014, 08:45:19 PM

No issues here. Closed wallet around block 5000 before the release of 0.1.3 and left it closed for a few days. When I updated, it was stuck on that block, deleted block index and it synced back up to the current block in a matter of 5 minutes... Don't see this as an issue..

Try to run a pool on the wallet and you'll see the trouble...

suprnova pools - reliable mining pools - #suprnova on freenet
https://www.suprnova.cc - FOLLOW us @ Twitter ! twitter.com/SuprnovaPools
danosphere (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2014, 08:53:12 PM

Try to run a pool on the wallet and you'll see the trouble...

We have pools running w/o issue, PM'd you to try to get more information and help ya out.

manbot1

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 08:57:30 PM

all those people who believe in SYSCOIN..TYPE..    ..I AM A BELEIVER.. just to see how many true people who like sys coin is out there.. then we know we are building a community ..big letters  I AM A BELIEVER.. Grin
Pages: « 1 ... 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 [344] 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 »
  Print  

Jump to: