Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 06:45:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: My 1,132 BTC stolen by Paymium ongoing exchange index via BitStamp.  (Read 4956 times)
BitSpot

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

BitSpot - The quick liquidity providers in Bitcoin

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2014, 09:15:51 AM

Yes, I think tracking down the original wallet that you had the 1,000+ coins in is the key.

This whole story really sucks, I hate to hear it. It's a true deception of trust all around from the sounds of it. It seems like at the time you weren't very security safe when it came to Bitcoin, but I don't think many people were. You had no reason to have any alarms go off either because davout is staff here. It does all seem really crazy.

Good thing is if you can somehow prove those are your Bitcoins, it looks like they are still sitting somewhere.

Are they still offering "claims" or "refunds" for when that "hack" happened? I wonder how many bitcoins have been left behind or people just simply didn't bother with redeeming them?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2014, 06:48:55 PM

Yes, I think tracking down the original wallet that you had the 1,000+ coins in is the key.

This whole story really sucks, I hate to hear it. It's a true deception of trust all around from the sounds of it. It seems like at the time you weren't very security safe when it came to Bitcoin, but I don't think many people were. You had no reason to have any alarms go off either because davout is staff here. It does all seem really crazy.

Good thing is if you can somehow prove those are your Bitcoins, it looks like they are still sitting somewhere.

Are they still offering "claims" or "refunds" for when that "hack" happened? I wonder how many bitcoins have been left behind or people just simply didn't bother with redeeming them?

It was less than $20K USD at the time when I first entrusted the bitcoins with InstaWallet, seeing that davout was staff and all and that theymos trusted him. Besides, several large wallets, some over 1,000 BTC, were refunded by InstaWallet to various (assumed, but...) non-customers of theirs during the first refunds as seen in the txs, some of which flowed directly to Bitcoin-Central. At the onset, NOBODY with only 50 BTC in their wallets was expecting refunds until after all the ones under said amount were united first. This fact was reiterated several times, but proved to not be the case from the very first refund.

Note to self: Google wallet.dat.
monbux
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2014, 12:17:51 AM

I still do not see any 1000 BItcoin transactions. I can't understand why you can not show it to us.

Ah well, Good luck with your claim Smiley

What the fuck am I missing here? I, too, don't see the 1,000 BTC or the 132 BTC transactions because InstaWallet didn't include the bitcon wallet IDs of either one of them when they came back online. That's what I've been complaining about from day one but was put on ignore.

We were all instructed to file the information we had, and that included missing wallet IDs, of which I did for all three claims at the earliest possible time. davout claimed that he couldn't locate any of the claims, of which I say is impossible unless all the data was expunged.

Remember, I had grave concerns prior to the "hack" that was not caused by me ONLY having $83 USD (valued at the time) on account when I expressed said concerns to davount mid-March of last year, prior to him deciding to take a holiday during the time frame when the "hack" occurred.

My fears were put to rest with some mumble-jumble that satisfied me after another Bitcoiner concurred all was well, so I went back to the BFL thread(s) to bring awareness of my latest findings so that fellow bitcoiners don't get taken while my bitcoins, assumed safe, were in the process of being confiscated, now residing in one of davout's bitcoin wallets.

I'm sorry to bump in and play noob but...  Why the heck did you put so much bitcoins on ONE wallet; why did you not use offline storage and back it up?  Why did you not split the BTC into smaller amounts???

If I was you, I'd be acting a lot more pissed Tongue  Sorry for your loss :/
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2014, 03:35:19 AM

I still do not see any 1000 BItcoin transactions. I can't understand why you can not show it to us.

Ah well, Good luck with your claim Smiley

What the fuck am I missing here? I, too, don't see the 1,000 BTC or the 132 BTC transactions because InstaWallet didn't include the bitcon wallet IDs of either one of them when they came back online. That's what I've been complaining about from day one but was put on ignore.

We were all instructed to file the information we had, and that included missing wallet IDs, of which I did for all three claims at the earliest possible time. davout claimed that he couldn't locate any of the claims, of which I say is impossible unless all the data was expunged.

Remember, I had grave concerns prior to the "hack" that was not caused by me ONLY having $83 USD (valued at the time) on account when I expressed said concerns to davount mid-March of last year, prior to him deciding to take a holiday during the time frame when the "hack" occurred.

My fears were put to rest with some mumble-jumble that satisfied me after another Bitcoiner concurred all was well, so I went back to the BFL thread(s) to bring awareness of my latest findings so that fellow bitcoiners don't get taken while my bitcoins, assumed safe, were in the process of being confiscated, now residing in one of davout's bitcoin wallets.

I'm sorry to bump in and play noob but...  Why the heck did you put so much bitcoins on ONE wallet; why did you not use offline storage and back it up?  Why did you not split the BTC into smaller amounts???

If I was you, I'd be acting a lot more pissed Tongue  Sorry for your loss :/

The original wallet contained 1,132 and I split it up into two wallets: 1,000 BTC and 132 BTC.

I was uber-pissed at the onset in the now locked InstaWallet claims thread until I was kindly informed via a fellow Bitcoiner to chill, that being the better course of action, of which I heeded his advice. It wasn't until October, 2013, and beyond, when I resubmitted claims and they went unanswered via email, et al. that I went into I WAS PISSED OFF MOTHERFUCKER mode.

These Paymium motherfuckers were able to garner a $400K USD VC from Gilitt, and with that capital they created, then closed four ventures, with the only one remaining is Bitcoin-Central, a Bitcoin exchange servicing the European market. Here's is there reach:

freedombit

Activity: 274
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 05:32:46 AM

When first deposited 1,132 BTC on InstaWallet: ~$13 USD/BTC equates to $14,716 USD.

When stolen: ~$116 USD/BTC equates to $131,312 USD.

At ATH: ~$1,300 USD/BTC equates to $1,471,600 USD.

Currently: $434.7900 USD/BTC equates to $492,182.28 USD

What davout amassed AFTER the InstaWallet "hack" sans any known source of income: 1,384.35491053 BTC as can be seen here: https://blockchain.info/address/16d1yGrEDqSY1xhCnAUWrkahGY2mkWdAYk

I will sell bitcoinbank.com if anybody is interested.

I'd only be interested in bitcoin-bank.com
Registered bitcoins-bank.com and a couple of others, also planning on actually opening a bank there.

Two other domains name David registered on Nov. 18, 2010 were Bitcoin-Central.net and Bitcoin-Central.net.

~Bruno Kucinskas

Hi PG,

It sounds like the BTC hasnt moved and may still be available. I'd like to help if I can. How did you first acquire the BTC? Was it a cash transaction, a gift from someone else, did you sell goods/services, or did you mine it?

What was the date of the deposit to ?
haploid23
Legendary

Activity: 812
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2014, 09:19:22 AM

Don't you have the wallet.dat for your old wallet that had 1000 bitcoins in it? If you load that up you can get the address and then trace the blockchain.

Not sure what a wallet.dat is unless I look it up, but the bitcoins were purchased anonymously in December, 2012, residing on InstaWallet ever since.

WTF is this? You're telling me that you've been here since 2011 and 20k+ posts later, you never stored a single bitcoin on your personal wallet? I'm blown away by this. It's not about who is trusted or not to hold your bitcoins, but rather the importance of having control of your own crypto wealth in your own hands. Seeing the recent onslaught of your recent posts and how you're relatively well spoken, I expected you to be smarter than this.

This was quite an expensive lesson, huh?

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: