Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 08:40:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The problem with Bitcoin is  (Read 4533 times)

Activity: 165
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 05:56:06 PM

Then the common joes are idiots. I hear that its used by drug dealers/criminals excuse less and less nowadays though,.
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
nickenburg

Activity: 434
Merit: 511

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 06:42:06 PM

I dont think theres any problem with bitcoin at all. Thats what makes it so great.
The current problem might be that it's directly associated to drug/weapon trade in the eyes of the Common Joe.

Well the Common Joe have loads of reasons to move away from bitcoins.
Mostly with information they got from the newspapers and newsstations.
Drugs and weapons
Criminals
Hackers
Nerds

that's what most common people relate to when they hear bitcoins
So we should solve the problems ahead of us.
Zyborg

Activity: 476
Merit: 256

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 06:51:42 PM

I dont think theres any problem with bitcoin at all. Thats what makes it so great.
The current problem might be that it's directly associated to drug/weapon trade in the eyes of the Common Joe.

Drugs and weapons
Criminals
Hackers
Nerds

Well the only reason that's mainstream media is because those are the most sellable headlines. .)

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 06:57:05 PM

Drugs and weapons
Criminals
Hackers
Nerds

And you can apply all these to cashmoney as well. Shame people are so ignorant.
Zyborg

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 08:46:59 PM

Drugs and weapons
Criminals
Hackers
Nerds

Of course it can be applied to real money, that's what's so silly. But headlines about the devil currency sell more copies than "The currency of the future?"
nickenburg

Activity: 434
Merit: 511

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 09:13:18 PM

I think another problem is, that it's using alot of electricity, that is bad for the world.
Especially when alot more people are going to mine it, I mean it's already gettin more every day.
Maybe one of the eco friendly coins are a help with that, or bitcoin could implement something to reduce electricity use.

Activity: 230

Come original.

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 09:20:49 PM

Well to counter that we can look at using greener sources of energy.
TopherB

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 09:25:40 PM

I think another problem is, that it's using alot of electricity, that is bad for the world.
Especially when alot more people are going to mine it, I mean it's already gettin more every day.
Maybe one of the eco friendly coins are a help with that, or bitcoin could implement something to reduce electricity use.
Okay, we build a device to turn the excess heat into electricity and using experimental "grounding" technology we funnel this electricity into the Earth to combat AGW.

I think I've covered all my green bases. Where do I collect my government grant funds?

Got to go, trying to think like a politician has giving me a headache.

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 09:28:55 PM

Greener energy is a must for the world not just bitcoin. Would be nice to see solar powerd miners though.
okthen

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 09:58:27 PM

It removes all of the problems Rothschild and Friends created to keep us under their foot.  Why would we want to be free from debt slavery guys?  Why would we want to remove global poverty?  Why would we want to stop the fracking in the states?  Why would we want to question GMO'S?  How is Jacob Rothschild suppose to get his 78th Castle if everyone gets paid a proper wage?  THINK ABOUT THE ROTHSCHILDS GUYS! If BTC continues they might lose their ability to loan money out of thin air how terrible that would be.

Damn it, hadn't thought about this. I'm so selfish...
I'll donate one whole satoshi to them, to compensate for the terrible upcoming losses.
Zyborg

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 06:53:20 AM

It removes all of the problems Rothschild and Friends created to keep us under their foot.  Why would we want to be free from debt slavery guys?  Why would we want to remove global poverty?  Why would we want to stop the fracking in the states?  Why would we want to question GMO'S?  How is Jacob Rothschild suppose to get his 78th Castle if everyone gets paid a proper wage?  THINK ABOUT THE ROTHSCHILDS GUYS! If BTC continues they might lose their ability to loan money out of thin air how terrible that would be.

Damn it, hadn't thought about this. I'm so selfish...
I'll donate one whole satoshi to them, to compensate for the terrible upcoming losses.
You rich bastard. Just throwing away money like it's rubbish.
johnatan32

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 09:50:33 AM

The problem with Bitcoin is we need a hipster brand slogan, a marketing campaign, an appealing method to arouse more curiosity.  We need exposure.  Positive exposure.  Yes, modern media only focuses on the negative aspects of life, hence the constant news of arrests, crashes, people killed, war, etc.  We need some flower power, ladies and gents.

I agree with you! .. And I already said this in here every person should talk to the people that he knew about the positive things Bitcoin

Activity: 230

Come original.

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 10:09:36 AM

At the moment I think the biggest problem with btc is that not many people accept it so its limited as a currency.
lihuajkl
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 02:36:06 PM

The only problem with Bitcoin is that most people aren't intelligent enough to realize what this technology is. If that weren't the case, fiat would already be worthless.
how can we fix this?
Even the governments in many countries don't recognise BTC and ban it. How can we accept this new things as normal person?
JJB

Activity: 131

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 02:38:24 PM

I think volatility and peoples skepticism are the problems bitcoin is facing.
whtchocla7e

Activity: 392
Merit: 116

Worlds Simplest Cryptocurrency Wallet

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 03:09:07 PM

Drugs and weapons
Criminals
Hackers
Nerds

Of course it can be applied to real money, that's what's so silly. But headlines about the devil currency sell more copies than "The currency of the future?"

Well, you can apply a lot of the negatives of a HORSE to CARS in the same way but the advantages of a car outweigh the negatives.

You have to convince the common joe that bitcoin is the car and money is the horse. The advantage of bitcoin over money is the limited supply. Is that enough?

Every time someone points out something wrong with bitcoin, the first line of defense is - fiat has the same problem. Well, if bitcoin has the same problems as fiat then why bother?

Instead of repeating the same thing over and over like a broken record, you all should push the advantages of bitcoin and see if that is really what the common joes want.

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▃▅▆█ L E A D █▆▅▃▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
World's Simplest and Safest Decentralized Cryptocurrency Wallet!
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ • STORE • SEND • SPEND • SWAP • STAKE • ▬▬▬▬▬▬
Ron~Popeil

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 03:32:29 PM

Stop governments from meddling in power generation and you get cheaper power. Innovation can make it cheaper and cleaner.

Zyborg

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 03:44:17 PM

Drugs and weapons
Criminals
Hackers
Nerds

Well, you can apply a lot of the negatives of a HORSE to CARS in the same way but the advantages of a car outweigh the negatives.

You have to convince the common joe that bitcoin is the car and money is the horse. The advantage of bitcoin over money is the limited supply. Is that enough?

Every time someone points out something wrong with bitcoin, the first line of defense is - fiat has the same problem. Well, if bitcoin has the same problems as fiat then why bother?

Instead of repeating the same thing over and over like a broken record, you all should push the advantages of bitcoin and see if that is really what the common joes want.
Yeah you go ahead and tell that to a major news corporation and see if they report it. Bwahhaa.
Ron~Popeil

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 03:48:08 PM

Drugs and weapons
Criminals
Hackers
Nerds

Yeah you go ahead and tell that to a major news corporation and see if they report it. Bwahhaa.

I don't remember who said it but I always thought this quote was really applicable to the our mass media:
"a lie is half way around the globe before the truth is even out of bed."

Zyborg

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 04:01:43 PM

Drugs and weapons
Criminals
Hackers
Nerds

I don't remember who said it but I always thought this quote was really applicable to the our mass media:
"a lie is half way around the globe before the truth is even out of bed."
It's a good quote indeed, the headlines that sell aren't necessarily true. Wink
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: