Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 05:03:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: New Version of BirdCoin, Are you with us?
Yes, i'll join - 39 (83%)
Yes, but not join - 2 (4.3%)
No - 6 (12.8%)
Total Voters: 47

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][BIRD] | Final Stage Reward 1 BIRD/Block | Never Dies update 21st Dec 2016  (Read 48145 times)
ciocgun

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2014, 07:16:54 AM

DEVs i send you a pm, check it please

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
sorryforthat

Activity: 994
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 07:46:33 AM

replied
ciocgun

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2014, 11:24:55 AM

Hi, i've contacted LiteBit admin
https://www.litebit.eu/addcoin/en/

our coin will be listed for votes, i'll send some money and on mondey we can get there.

It is possible to buy/sell money and spend them on some sites:
https://www.litebit.eu/spend/en/

Anyone would join this cause?

BirdCoinV2 (OP)

Activity: 185
Merit: 100

★YoBit.Net★ 100+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 07:21:19 PM

I got it, many valid suggestions.

About the LTC market, exchanges decide where to list the coin and usually they list it on BTC and LTC and sometimes not even on BTC.

Thanks for supporting the coin!

sorryforthat

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 08:51:55 AM

About the LTC market, exchanges decide where to list the coin and usually they list it on BTC and LTC and sometimes not even on BTC.

LTC market on C-Cex isnt too bad right now, we are not doing too hot with the BTC market, but this is expected until the payouts start to decrease and the amount spreads out among more users.

Sorry I have not been around in the thread much guys. Currently working on a change to the site.

http://www.birdcoin.net/new/index.php

Still need to finish up 1 of the sub pages and add all the links to each appropriate page
Right now you can get a sneak preview of what it will look like.
edric

Activity: 546
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 09:35:34 AM

LTC market on C-Cex isnt too bad right now, we are not doing too hot with the BTC market, but this is expected until the payouts start to decrease and the amount spreads out among more users.

Sorry I have not been around in the thread much guys. Currently working on a change to the site.

http://www.birdcoin.net/new/index.php

Still need to finish up 1 of the sub pages and add all the links to each appropriate page
Right now you can get a sneak preview of what it will look like.

Appreciate you working on a site for this.. I've been dealing with a bunch of crap but if I remember correctly we were wanting a new logo for the wallet? Sorry, my memory is really bad right now, a lot going on irl, haven't been able to get any work done. Please forgive me if you've asked me to do something and I've plain forgotten. If you need me to do something with the wallet, send me another PM with the details.. My email has been just slammed but I've finally burned through most of my important stuff and emptied everything out so I'll definitely see messages.

Again, sorry for my lack of attentiveness lately, it's really just been all I can do to make sure my pools are running just kinda keep an eye on things. I'm still planning to support this coin in the long run so if you've anything to ask of me, I'm at your service.

sorryforthat

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 06:55:54 PM

Appreciate you working on a site for this.. I've been dealing with a bunch of crap but if I remember correctly we were wanting a new logo for the wallet? Sorry, my memory is really bad right now, a lot going on irl, haven't been able to get any work done. Please forgive me if you've asked me to do something and I've plain forgotten. If you need me to do something with the wallet, send me another PM with the details.. My email has been just slammed but I've finally burned through most of my important stuff and emptied everything out so I'll definitely see messages.

Again, sorry for my lack of attentiveness lately, it's really just been all I can do to make sure my pools are running just kinda keep an eye on things. I'm still planning to support this coin in the long run so if you've anything to ask of me, I'm at your service.

I personally have no issues with the logo and think it give the coin a relaxing feel and isn’t too outlandish as some end up being and not too simple as most currently are. With that said I think there should be no dictators for certain aspects of this coin and believe that the community has a right to speak on how they feel about anything associated with this coin. Even if you hold just 1 BRD, you will be heard and hopefully be motivated to send this coin in the right direction.

No worries about being busy, I know most of us have had a lot on our plate and are pushing to get more time to the coin and in your case you have offered quite a bit, and we know that you may have more of a load to bear over anyone and for that we thank you. We appreciate all you have done thus far in keeping the pool up and running as well as pushing updates seamlessly.

I will send you a PM and ask a few questions about the wallet and some more technical questions about the coin itself.

We have a decent LTC market activity on C-CEX which might be our niche when attempting to get on bigger exchanges. I urge everyone to vote Comkort, getting on this exchange will make 5 for us which is more than some more popular coin out there, next step will be getting this coin on bigger exchanges such as Mintpal and possibly even Cryptsy, although I am personally impartial to Cryptsy it will help the coin see more eyes in the long run.

In close, I just want everyone to voice concerns, opinions and suggestions in the thread.

Thank you all for the time you have put in.
sorryforthat

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 09:40:36 AM
Last edit: May 22, 2014, 04:55:05 PM by sorryforthat

Request for Allcoin.com vote list sent out. Will update if I get the word.

EDIT: Added! Please stop by Allcoin.com and vote for Birdcoin.

https://www.allcoin.com/vote/#BIRD
ciocgun

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2014, 10:39:10 AM

voted...remember to vote here:

https://comkort.com/vote/#BIRD

Hi3899

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 09:37:13 AM

voted...remember to vote here:

https://comkort.com/vote/#BIRD

+1
ciocgun

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2014, 04:57:29 PM

any news?

Henle

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 03:21:47 AM

POS is becoming much more common with good reason.  In addition to adding security to the blockchain, it adds value to holding the coin and drives demand for the coin.  There are plenty of low value coins out there.  We need to give people a reason to pick Birdcoin over other coins.  I know personally, if I'm going to speculate and spend some BTC to acquire a coin without having a really good feeling about the coin's future, I want to get something out of holding it for a while.  Lately I'm only buying POS coins, and I'm selling everything else as fast as I can mine it.  There is still risk, but at least there is some reward while waiting for the market to improve.  Considering that people can buy in to an investment in Birdcoin very cheaply right now, we just have to give them a reason to do it.

I think a modest POS component would be a good addition.  It would give people a reason to hold on to their coins rather than dump them for 1 satoshi.  It would also be a good incentive to drive demand for the coin.  I think a lot of people would be willing to spend .25 BTC, and some people much more than that at the current prices if there were POS rewards and a decent chance for the coin to increase in value.

I don't think a large POS reward would be a very helpful though.  There still needs to be a good reason to mine them and to sell them rather than just sit on an ever growing mountain of coins.  Something like 1.25% monthly would probably end the dumping but wouldn't discourage selling if the market price is right.  That could drive distribution to more people and help make the coin successful.

There may be some value to waiting to roll out POS.  Waiting until the reward is lower would have less of an effect on the total number of coins created.  However, I think there is much greater value to rolling it out soon, or at least announcing that it will be rolled out at a certain point, even if that means altering the timing of block halving and total coin distribution figures.  Right now, as you all know, Birdcoin is trading at very low prices and still there is very limited demand.  That needs to change before the coin starts going in the wrong direction.  Exchanges aren't going to continue to support any coin for long that doesn't earn them any transaction fees.  For all these reasons, I think adding POS to Birdcoin would be a a good idea.
ciocgun

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2014, 11:52:30 AM

POS is becoming much more common with good reason.  In addition to adding security to the blockchain, it adds value to holding the coin and drives demand for the coin.  There are plenty of low value coins out there.  We need to give people a reason to pick Birdcoin over other coins.  I know personally, if I'm going to speculate and spend some BTC to acquire a coin without having a really good feeling about the coin's future, I want to get something out of holding it for a while.  Lately I'm only buying POS coins, and I'm selling everything else as fast as I can mine it.  There is still risk, but at least there is some reward while waiting for the market to improve.  Considering that people can buy in to an investment in Birdcoin very cheaply right now, we just have to give them a reason to do it.

I think a modest POS component would be a good addition.  It would give people a reason to hold on to their coins rather than dump them for 1 satoshi.  It would also be a good incentive to drive demand for the coin.  I think a lot of people would be willing to spend .25 BTC, and some people much more than that at the current prices if there were POS rewards and a decent chance for the coin to increase in value.

I don't think a large POS reward would be a very helpful though.  There still needs to be a good reason to mine them and to sell them rather than just sit on an ever growing mountain of coins.  Something like 1.25% monthly would probably end the dumping but wouldn't discourage selling if the market price is right.  That could drive distribution to more people and help make the coin successful.

There may be some value to waiting to roll out POS.  Waiting until the reward is lower would have less of an effect on the total number of coins created.  However, I think there is much greater value to rolling it out soon, or at least announcing that it will be rolled out at a certain point, even if that means altering the timing of block halving and total coin distribution figures.  Right now, as you all know, Birdcoin is trading at very low prices and still there is very limited demand.  That needs to change before the coin starts going in the wrong direction.  Exchanges aren't going to continue to support any coin for long that doesn't earn them any transaction fees.  For all these reasons, I think adding POS to Birdcoin would be a a good idea.

+1. Dev are you here?

sorryforthat

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 05:56:39 PM

+1. Dev are you here?

I do agree with alot of this and think it will bring more validity to the coin for the long haul. We have to really plan more than just, hey lets make this POS. We need a starting block that POS begins, the time that it matures for staking, what percent stake will produce, will old blocks be a part of staking, do rewards stay the same further out, ect

I will get in touch with the coin revolution guys and see if they can work on it for me, unless someone knows how this can be implimented easily.
ciocgun

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2014, 06:02:32 PM

+1. Dev are you here?

I do agree with alot of this and think it will bring more validity to the coin for the long haul. We have to really plan more than just, hey lets make this POS. We need a starting block that POS begins, the time that it matures for staking, what percent stake will produce, will old blocks be a part of staking, do rewards stay the same further out, ect

I will get in touch with the coin revolution guys and see if they can work on it for me, unless someone knows how this can be implimented easily.

i'm with you

ciocgun

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2014, 01:41:37 PM

BIRDcoin will be shortly added into https://www.cryptonator.com/

a useful tool!

ciocgun

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2014, 02:09:51 PM

i asked to add bird to the vote here
https://www.coinpayments.net/

is here someone else interested in BirdCoin V2?

Dallas5

Activity: 364

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2014, 06:06:10 PM

BIRDcoin will be shortly added into https://www.cryptonator.com/

a useful tool!

cool! now it only needs some value  Cheesy

edric

Activity: 546
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 08:49:02 PM

POS is becoming much more common with good reason.  In addition to adding security to the blockchain, it adds value to holding the coin and drives demand for the coin.  There are plenty of low value coins out there.  We need to give people a reason to pick Birdcoin over other coins.  I know personally, if I'm going to speculate and spend some BTC to acquire a coin without having a really good feeling about the coin's future, I want to get something out of holding it for a while.  Lately I'm only buying POS coins, and I'm selling everything else as fast as I can mine it.  There is still risk, but at least there is some reward while waiting for the market to improve.  Considering that people can buy in to an investment in Birdcoin very cheaply right now, we just have to give them a reason to do it.

I think a modest POS component would be a good addition.  It would give people a reason to hold on to their coins rather than dump them for 1 satoshi.  It would also be a good incentive to drive demand for the coin.  I think a lot of people would be willing to spend .25 BTC, and some people much more than that at the current prices if there were POS rewards and a decent chance for the coin to increase in value.

I don't think a large POS reward would be a very helpful though.  There still needs to be a good reason to mine them and to sell them rather than just sit on an ever growing mountain of coins.  Something like 1.25% monthly would probably end the dumping but wouldn't discourage selling if the market price is right.  That could drive distribution to more people and help make the coin successful.

There may be some value to waiting to roll out POS.  Waiting until the reward is lower would have less of an effect on the total number of coins created.  However, I think there is much greater value to rolling it out soon, or at least announcing that it will be rolled out at a certain point, even if that means altering the timing of block halving and total coin distribution figures.  Right now, as you all know, Birdcoin is trading at very low prices and still there is very limited demand.  That needs to change before the coin starts going in the wrong direction.  Exchanges aren't going to continue to support any coin for long that doesn't earn them any transaction fees.  For all these reasons, I think adding POS to Birdcoin would be a a good idea.

+1. Dev are you here?

I'm one of the devs, pool owner, I have been helping maintain the project since launch, pretty much. Most of you probably know this. Sorry, I've been dealing with nonstop daily disasters like my PC dying on me, being sick, other "problem projects", and so forth.. I'm not one to be making any real informed decision on PoS, as I don't know much about it because I haven't really dealt with it much, but I definitely was able to follow your explanation and you raise excellent points as to the merits of a switch. By now, anyone who mined a TON in the beginning (like me), either has a TON sitting in a wallet somewhere, has them rotting in an exchange for 1 satoshi, or eventually dumped all of them for 1 liteoshi. I will admit, I live day to day with Bird now. Sadly I got hasty and sold for LTC, it's like kicking myself in the balls for investing months and months and months in this coin, then selling it all for, what... 15 bucks? lol

If you're really interested in PoS, I can probably get it implemented, may not be a straightforward undertaking, as I may have to switch to a different codebase (PND my first thought), but it IS do-able. I have tons going on right now but I want whatever community is left to talk and hash this out, if you have more specifics and things of mention, definitely speak out. If we can do Bird some good, I'm for it. I'll check back tomorrow.

EDIT: Also, probably tomorrow, since I just want to curl up into a ball right now, I will be making some slight changes to the pool. A few simple tweaks and adjustments, some changes in security measures (so there could possibly be a brief situation where the site goes down, mining should commence without interruption), but the most noteworthy is that the amount of confirmations required for mined blocks to be credited to your account balance will be adjusted from 120 to 40! Don't know how I missed that, I thought Bird was always  120 for mined blocks. Anyway, no more waiting half the damn day for your unconfirmed to get credited!

sorryforthat

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 09:10:14 PM

I'm one of the devs, pool owner, I have been helping maintain the project since launch, pretty much. Most of you probably know this. Sorry, I've been dealing with nonstop daily disasters like my PC dying on me, being sick, other "problem projects", and so forth.. I'm not one to be making any real informed decision on PoS, as I don't know much about it because I haven't really dealt with it much, but I definitely was able to follow your explanation and you raise excellent points as to the merits of a switch. By now, anyone who mined a TON in the beginning (like me), either has a TON sitting in a wallet somewhere, has them rotting in an exchange for 1 satoshi, or eventually dumped all of them for 1 liteoshi. I will admit, I live day to day with Bird now. Sadly I got hasty and sold for LTC, it's like kicking myself in the balls for investing months and months and months in this coin, then selling it all for, what... 15 bucks? lol

If you're really interested in PoS, I can probably get it implemented, may not be a straightforward undertaking, as I may have to switch to a different codebase (PND my first thought), but it IS do-able. I have tons going on right now but I want whatever community is left to talk and hash this out, if you have more specifics and things of mention, definitely speak out. If we can do Bird some good, I'm for it. I'll check back tomorrow.

EDIT: Also, probably tomorrow, since I just want to curl up into a ball right now, I will be making some slight changes to the pool. A few simple tweaks and adjustments, some changes in security measures (so there could possibly be a brief situation where the site goes down, mining should commence without interruption), but the most noteworthy is that the amount of confirmations required for mined blocks to be credited to your account balance will be adjusted from 120 to 40! Don't know how I missed that, I thought Bird was always  120 for mined blocks. Anyway, no more waiting half the damn day for your unconfirmed to get credited!

I set up a poll, so we will see what everyone wants and then act accordingly.

Let me know if there is anything you need edrick, you have been a big help.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 »
  Print  

Jump to: