Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 11:43:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: New Version of BirdCoin, Are you with us?
Yes, i'll join - 39 (83%)
Yes, but not join - 2 (4.3%)
No - 6 (12.8%)
Total Voters: 47

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][BIRD] | Final Stage Reward 1 BIRD/Block | Never Dies update 21st Dec 2016  (Read 48144 times)
LordTony

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 02:14:03 PM

What do you guys think, can birdcoin rise?  Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ciocgun

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2014, 02:16:47 PM

What do you guys think, can birdcoin rise?  Smiley

if everybody helps this community coin yes, if no-->no

azrin619

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 02:08:39 PM

I am looking to a service where I will accept BIRDCOINS and any other crypto Coins!
edric

Activity: 546
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 03:10:05 AM

Ok guys, within the next couple of days, I guess I'm going to try to get started on a complete overhaul of Birdcoin. The wallet is getting more and more broken, refusing to run transactions over 7m now. Rather than find the reason why, I'm just going to attempt updating it to the most recent Dogecoin codebase and see what happens. There's likely going to be some tweaking done on KGW as well, so when its all said and done, there's most likely going to be a hardfork.

I just hate to sit back and do nothing while Bird self-destructs.

Any donations toward beer programming fuel would be much appreciated Smiley

ciocgun

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2014, 01:58:45 PM

I am looking to a service where I will accept BIRDCOINS and any other crypto Coins!

coinpayments do it!

ciocgun

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2014, 07:07:11 AM

price raise to 6 litoshi!

wangxin

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 05:51:16 AM

How to get free birdcoin?
azrin619

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 06:00:50 AM

I want to try host this Bird over on AZURE...
any help here?

If U can recode for Windows Server will be superb.. I lost touch with my c prog in linux when it was still FreeBSD
edric

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 06:28:15 AM

price raise to 6 litoshi!
It's going to go higher than that, once I release the new wallets. I think I've nearly got my setup right to do Mac builds as well. I'd like to be able to release the entire set of wallets at the same time.

Just letting you guys know the project is just now barely getting started so it will be a few days until its ready, and I'll leave a safe amount of time after release for the actual deadline to upgrade so everyone has a chance. It will be a hardfork so it's very important that you guys are upgraded when the hardfork block hits. I was thinking of possibly going with DGW but I think even KGW would be fine with sane settings. Problem is, though, we've never seen a diff of more than 1, so I don't really think our current diff adjusts well at all. I can't remember the numbers off the top of my head either, but I think we're coming up on another halving before too awful long, all the big fat blocks have mostly been pissed away by some of us (me), I'm going to crunch some numbers but it doesn't take much thinking to know that we've been chewing blocks up MUCH faster than intended. The pool is reporting 56 sec avg block time, but I was watching the shares, we got 8 blocks in 1 minute earlier. I need everyone's input, and quickly because I'm about to be in the middle of the project, but if we don't either raise the max coin amount, or slow down the block generation(preferable), we're going to run out, and I don't think Bird has a perpetual low payout end of life block reward.. Don't quote me I'll have to double check.. But I don't want to go making big changes without the input of the community.

The hashrates have jumped big time today, and as a result, my pool rolled over and died, several times. Getting 8 blocks in 1 minute with thousands and thousands of out-of-order low diff shares does that. I've switched the backend Stratum over to NOMP (node-open-mining-pool), their stratum implementation is 10000 times better than the old python-stratum-mining (sorry ahmed!), and the blocknotify script is actually a C binary so it's a damn sight faster, no signs of problems since I fired it all up. Vardiff is running on 3333 as usual, but check the news, we have other fixed-diff ports open for use, in case you have grouchy miners. That's the thing I really love about NOMP, very customizable to meet everyone's usage situation. Please let me know if your hashrates are off, I've gotten vardiff dialed in as best as I can with my mining rig but can always use other input. As always I'm just an email away, so contact me if you need anything! Please, though, give me input quick on what should be done about the coin generation.. I'd be hesitant to just "make moar coins", I'd rather slow down the blockchain, as I think that would add more value in the long run anyway. We can still toss around the PoS topic later on too, its do-able and never too late. Might be something to think about if the coins are determined to run out sooner rather than later! Please, PM me if you have input on that because its hectic around here, I have 1000 tabs open and tons of consoles, so yeah..

See you guys later!

PS. I thought I had sent this.. new replies while I was typing....

Anyway, we just had ANOTHER cron shutdown and stuck payment because of the max blocksize shrinking. I (HOPE) I have a quick and dirty hack to stop it while we wait out the new wallet, I will (DO MY BEST) to get it in first thing tomorrow. If you get a missing payment, don't panic. Just message me and let me know the amount, if I don't respond right away I'm in bed and I'll take care of it as soon as I'm up. I check the pools before I even light my first cigarette of the day, lol. Its easy to spot because you won't have a TXID. The max blocksize is getting progressively smaller. sucks.

ciocgun

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2014, 08:19:56 AM

How to get free birdcoin?

Multifaucet.tk
Faucet free bird coins - Cryptotrends.info/BRD/
CryptoArrow Birdcoin Faucet
Giveaway on reddit

you can find the link in the first post

ciocgun

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2014, 08:26:41 AM

Difficult grows at 0,5
it's time to sell at least over 10 Litoshi i think

ciocgun

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2014, 08:51:50 AM
Last edit: July 09, 2014, 10:18:45 AM by ciocgun

cheap bird here https://c-cex.com/?p=bird-doge
0.00109890 DOGE= 3,7 Litoshi

New Exchange vote: https://askcoin.net/votes#BRD

Allcoin
Comkort
AskCoin every 10 mins!

Share them

ciocgun

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2014, 12:07:07 PM

It is now possible to create a paper wallet with BirdCoin!

http://walletgenerator.net/?currency=birdcoin

edric

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 08:08:36 PM

Have you tested it out well? Birdcoin's addresses are kind of messed up and don't some types of verification methods, specifically those used in a few node.js apps.

edric

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 08:12:46 PM

I need you guys to let all these faucet services and exchanges know about the update coming, and I still haven't heard from anyone on what we're gonna do about the block rate.

I may need some brave volunteers to do some testing when I get my beta version running. I am not only modifying the most recent version of Doge's codebase but I am going to work on the old Birdcoin codebase as well and whichever one is easiest to finish is going to be the one released. If I end up just repairing the old Bird code, there's likely going to be so much changed that it'll still require hardfork anyway.

ciocgun

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2014, 10:46:24 PM

I need you guys to let all these faucet services and exchanges know about the update coming, and I still haven't heard from anyone on what we're gonna do about the block rate.

I may need some brave volunteers to do some testing when I get my beta version running. I am not only modifying the most recent version of Doge's codebase but I am going to work on the old Birdcoin codebase as well and whichever one is easiest to finish is going to be the one released. If I end up just repairing the old Bird code, there's likely going to be so much changed that it'll still require hardfork anyway.

for exchanger and service i can contact them when the code will be ok!

edric

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 10:57:48 PM

I think I've decided what to do. I'm fairly sure I've found the reason its not allowing large transactions, incrementally making the possible max transaction smaller. After looking over the existing code much closer it really isn't that bad and should be a snap to fix up the existing codebase.

I can really only think of one reason to completely redo Bird, for the built in CPU miner, but it isn't a necessity and to port Bird to a completely new codebase is kinda pointless at the moment. It is definitely something that is going to happen at some point in the lifecycle but isn't necessary right now, so what is happening right now is I'm making adjustments to maximum block sizes and some other hardcoded settings, adding some checkpoints, and also updating it to DGW. There will be no changes to rewards or overall block gen rate. I'm going to do preliminary testing on testnet but will eventually need to try with real coins to see if we've overcome the blocksize problem. The MAX_MONEY setting is supposedly limiting the maximun transaction size which is 7 billion coins but I think we're hitting the hardcoded size limit (in KB).

This will still be a mandatory update for everyone, without a doubt. Sources will be available on my Github soon.

edric

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 11:03:07 PM

Thanks Smiley

I should be able to start doing testnet tests tonight or tomorrow to see if my changes break anything. Problem is that the real issues have been coming up since after block 100k~ so that's difficult to test for without making real transactions. Unfortunately I don't have 30-40m to test with.

BirdCoinV2 (OP)

Activity: 185
Merit: 100

★YoBit.Net★ 100+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 11:36:34 PM

Have you tested it out well? Birdcoin's addresses are kind of messed up and don't some types of verification methods, specifically those used in a few node.js apps.

it has been tested ok with 2 addresses correctly imported into wallet

ciocgun

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2014, 11:37:07 PM

Thanks Smiley

I should be able to start doing testnet tests tonight or tomorrow to see if my changes break anything. Problem is that the real issues have been coming up since after block 100k~ so that's difficult to test for without making real transactions. Unfortunately I don't have 30-40m to test with.

give me your address i could lend you 30-40M

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 »
  Print  

Jump to: