Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 01:09:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Cointerra TerraMiner 1.6 TH for $3799  (Read 1420 times)
phroyRov6 (OP)

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 09:19:07 PM

Can anyone confirm that they ordered, received and starting mining with the cointerra rigs?
Is there any reason not order?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
jamesc760

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 09:30:49 PM

Cointerra is a legit company and is delivering products currently. However, their products did not meet the initial promise, i.e. machine spec was lower performance than promised and higher watt than promised. So the buyers ended up with a product that didn't perform as ordered and to pour salt on wounds, it drew much more electricity than promised.

$3800 for 1.6 THs is NOT a good deal currently and is getting worse by the day.
aerobatic

Activity: 702
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 10:43:05 PM

Can anyone confirm that they ordered, received and starting mining with the cointerra rigs?

im operating tens of cointerra terraminer systems (more than 50) and theyre doing well.  (i am also operating kncminer and hashfast equipment).   Theyre all working and they all do their job but the main thing that differentiates them is price in $/gh.  My cointerra systems hash consistently at 1.6 TH/s.  I paid a lot more for my systems than the current price, and even bought some from other forum members at above market prices, not so long ago.   Cointerra's price today $3799 ($2.35 per GH) seems like a good deal when compared to others that are on the market and most arent in stock.  you can buy cheaper systems in $/gh if youre prepared to pre-order something that might be weeks or months away.

there are those that argue that no bitcoin miner is worth buying when bitcoins are at the current (low) price, and theyre entitled to their opinion.  i do both, i buy bitcoins, and bitcoin miners.  one thing i do know, a bitcoin miner in the hand is worth a lot more than two in the bush.
Tovadnok

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 01:52:01 AM

I read somewhere that the Cointerra miners have a 30-day warranty because they won't survive longer. If that's the case, it's certainly a bad deal.
@aerobatic - how long have your cointerra miners been running? Are you happy with their reliability?
gallery2000

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

Live Stars - Adult Streaming Platform

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 02:02:51 AM

im operating tens of cointerra terraminer systems (more than 50) and theyre doing well.  (i am also operating kncminer and hashfast equipment).   Theyre all working and they all do their job but the main thing that differentiates them is price in $/gh.  My cointerra systems hash consistently at 1.6 TH/s.  I paid a lot more for my systems than the current price, and even bought some from other forum members at above market prices, not so long ago.   Cointerra's price today $3799 ($2.35 per GH) seems like a good deal when compared to others that are on the market and most arent in stock.  you can buy cheaper systems in $/gh if youre prepared to pre-order something that might be weeks or months away.

there are those that argue that no bitcoin miner is worth buying when bitcoins are at the current (low) price, and theyre entitled to their opinion.  i do both, i buy bitcoins, and bitcoin miners.  one thing i do know, a bitcoin miner in the hand is worth a lot more than two in the bush.

So you have 50 miners in hand then your last sentence should stated:  50 bitcoin miners in the hand is worth a lot more than 100 in the bush.  well, to be honest I have never seen so many miners in the bush in my life.

aerobatic

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 06:29:15 AM
Last edit: April 29, 2014, 06:48:56 AM by aerobatic

I read somewhere that the Cointerra miners have a 30-day warranty because they won't survive longer. If that's the case, it's certainly a bad deal.
@aerobatic - how long have your cointerra miners been running? Are you happy with their reliability?

i started taking delivery in early feb and gradually increased the number throughout feb and a couple in march, initially at cloudhashing and later at netsolus.  these are two professional hosted datacenters.  they are all running, to this day.  most are older than 30 days and some are over 60 days old.  the oldest is nearly 90 days old.  I'm expecting them to run for their required lifetime, which in bitcoinworld is probably less than a year before they need to be replaced.
Biffa
Legendary

Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 08:15:32 AM

I got a reason, nearly $600 shipping!

Mine @ pools that pay Tx fees & don't mine empty blocks :: kanopool :: ckpool ::
Should bitmain create LPM for all models?
:: Dalcore's Crypto Mining H/W Hosting Directory & Reputation ::
Collider

Activity: 714

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 09:01:53 AM

I would advise against ordering these.
They very rarely achieve 1,6Th and the power efficiency is at best 1,25W/GH
Tovadnok

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 01:57:22 PM

I got a reason, nearly $600 shipping!

That's a pretty good reason.
klondike_bar
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 02:47:21 PM

I would advise against ordering these.
They very rarely achieve 1,6Th and the power efficiency is at best 1,25W/GH

the nearest competition is the antminer.

S1: 180GH/360W   0.55BTC
S2: 1TH/1kW        ~5.7BTC

cointerra:   1.6TH/2.1kW     ~8BTC

24" PCI-E cables with 16AWG wires and stripped ends - great for server PSU mods, best prices https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563461
No longer a wannabe - now an ASIC owner!
Mattster28

Activity: 169
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 02:49:47 PM

So you have 50+ Terraniner's and have not had a problem with any of them?
aerobatic

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 05:26:03 PM

So you have 50+ Terraniner's and have not had a problem with any of them?

there is no hardware ever made thats problem free.  i have the same success and similar issues with all of them (knc, bitfury, hashfast and cointerra).  sometimes they need a reboot.  sometimes they need a firmware update.  rarely, but occasionally they need an RMA and factory repair.   in all cases, the solution got them working again and they are no better nor any worse than any other equipment.  These things are made up of PC parts, and some custom asics.  The asics never seem to go wrong.  its the mechanical parts that go wrong - and they werent made by cointerra.. theyre just standard industry parts - like fans, power supplies, pumps or some other component that goes wrong.   The good news is that cointerra packs their boxes well and theyve never had boxes turn up at a customer's house rattling when they arrive full of loose or dislodged components like some of the other companies seem to have problems with.

Although i do have some other gear (hashfast) that needs to be RMA'd but im more than hesitant because i wouldnt want to bet on it coming back afterwards (i dont think they have any spare parts at all for repairs or swap-outs).
testerx

Activity: 608

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 06:40:13 PM

Out of 4 units we received 2 had some stability issues initially with one of the boards dropping offline but the latest firmware has had them running very stably in our temperature controlled data center.  And they've now been running without crashing for over a month, whereas I am currently dealing with SD card corruption issues with one of the cheaper Chinese coincraft based units, so I actually think that the Cointerras are pretty good overall in terms of reliability, and the cases themselves are top notch.  Of course it uses much more complicated cooling than the Chinese miners so if a liquid cooler did fail it could be an issue and eventually they probably will fail but hopefully this is a couple years down the line.

Honestly if they hadn't overshot the power use and heat these would probably be the most popular miners out there.
gallery2000

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

Live Stars - Adult Streaming Platform

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 07:20:09 PM

My Cointerra only hashes about 1TH/s instead of 1.6TH/s

aerobatic

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 09:19:25 AM

My Cointerra only hashes about 1TH/s instead of 1.6TH/s

did you try a firmware update?   this forum isnt the place to get tech support.  cointerra has a support team to help you, but theyre not here.
Harlbatr

Activity: 34

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 01:13:14 PM

Sounds like a good deal for 1.6 TH. How many have experienced problems with actual hashrate ?
cxz

Activity: 48

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 06:26:32 PM

they havent sent anything to meso i requested a refund and they still will not reply. other people seem to have recieved something but i feel like ive been scammed
edgar
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 05:09:48 AM

my April rig was never shipped.

my refund is now 6 weeks after them saying it would take UP TO 4 weeks which is a pisstake in itself!!

before you send them any money, ask them what are they doing about refunds and how much longer ppl are expected to wait for their money back...

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: