Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 09:04:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Brainstorming how to start a transparent business.  (Read 525 times)
cbeast (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 09:00:18 PM

Let's say I want to start a completely transparent business and want to make the financials available online. As an example, let's say I want to start a recording label. I would contract studios, producers, publicists, engineers, session artists, etc. and pay them all with Bitcoin. Each contractor and their sub-contractors would need to be traceable through some sort of spreadsheet. It would be nice if there was a Bitcoin enabled spreadsheet capable of creating raw transactions. Perhaps this can be done manually. The spreadsheet would need to create a tree that follows the payments and credits each and every person with their unique IDs.

Can something like this be done with Excel?

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4200
Merit: 4435

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 09:53:19 PM

excel.. only on the LIVE drive.. or Google docs.. its not really transparent if its on a offline system.

it can be done in PHP aswell

imagine you make it public that every song sold for 70c on itunes was split in a certain way
EG
50% goes to the singer - singers address blockchain.info/address/1singersaddressblahblahblah
10% goes to singers manager - managers address blockchain.info/address/1managersaddressblahblahblah
10% goes to recording studio - studio  address blockchain.info/address/1studiosaddressblahblahblah
30% goes to itunes - itunes  address blockchain.info/address/1itunesaddressblahblahblah

with itunes they would use unique addresses per TX for each sale but would merge funds later (sweeping addresses)
so then the itunes has an address where all purchases are swept into, EG 1JustinBeiberAddressblahblahblah
so this shows that JB's album total purchases.

so you see many 70c (0.00156btc) inputs. then as totals get to 100BTC you see a TX output that shows
50btc 1singersaddressblahblahblah
10btc 1managersaddressblahblahblah
10btc 1studiosaddressblahblahblah
30btc 1itunesaddressblahblahblah

as i said at the start this can be displayed and controlled easily using PHP

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
BitCoinDream
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1204

The revolution will be digital

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 10:08:31 PM

Let's say I want to start a completely transparent business and want to make the financials available online. As an example, let's say I want to start a recording label. I would contract studios, producers, publicists, engineers, session artists, etc. and pay them all with Bitcoin. Each contractor and their sub-contractors would need to be traceable through some sort of spreadsheet. It would be nice if there was a Bitcoin enabled spreadsheet capable of creating raw transactions. Perhaps this can be done manually. The spreadsheet would need to create a tree that follows the payments and credits each and every person with their unique IDs.

Can something like this be done with Excel?

PHP/MySQL is your answer IMO. But the tree thing in your requirement is very dangerous with big data. To properly maintain a tree with big data u need to move towards NoSQL as DB choice ...again my opinion. Views differ in terms of architecture.

jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 03:28:13 AM

Could be done with excel in theory but very sloppy.  Spreadsheet isn't the right tool. Instead use a database. 

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: