Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 07:08:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Pick a number

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ... 66 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DIEM] CarpeDiemCoin - Alive and well!!!  (Read 343403 times)
BruteFruit

Activity: 47
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 07:54:01 PM

YarkoL thanks for the update. Would love to see you in #diemcoin to chat when you get some free time. Thanks for helping.

Rent out your hash-rates for faster ROI on your rigs!
Miningrigrentals.com (http://www.miningrigrentals.com?ref=4089)
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
blackhatzw

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 02:19:12 AM

diem
DIEMcoin (OP)

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 03:51:03 AM

Hey guys. Lets keep the voting going on Minpal.

https://www.mintpal.com/voting

Around here, we don't look backwards for very long... We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things because we're curious... And curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.
-Walt Disney
e1ghtSpace
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

Crypto since 2014

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2014, 09:51:36 AM

My Plee to NOT destroy a golden opportunity

Lastly I want to do some kind of coin rehab for left for dead coins that have potential after doing great deals of research to pick the right coins.  During this process with DIEM we've been through we have made many connections and are building relationships with key players in the crypto world.  People who can help us rehab coins.  My idea consists of this:  Find the right coin with extended research and looking at every angle.  We don't take requests, we find you!  Once we have our coin selected we buy a large steak in the coin at dirt cheap prices since if the coin is still listed there will be a massive pile of sell orders that no one will buy.  Next we go into rehab mode.  Get any code based issues fixed, get the coin on exchanges, get it all the frills coins need these days and build a community to follow it.  This is not a short venture!  This will be a few months with each coin.  The last thing we want to do is leave the coin with no one to steer the ship and were not looking to be perm devs.  So we will be there while the community grows and becomes self sustaining.  Once that happens we can IPO a portion  or all of the stake we have in the coin and take our profit to put back into supporting DIEM.  We want to execute this plan with great care and ethics.  We want a profit but we also don't want to hurt a fellow coin.  A similar idea is being looked at by NobleCoin and a couple of other groups.  Mainly as a charity cases.  Were looking for profits which we can then use to take DIEM to the next level.

Please Please PLEASE!  Do not vote to destroy.  Were sitting on a golden opportunity and we need to Seize The Day!!!

VirtualCoin (VC) seems like a great coin to rehab even though there actually is a dev.
The dev is active but for some reason the coin hasn't popular at all.
It has a great name and the potential to do something bit in the crypto community. There is a max coin limit of 3 million so the coins are rare.

The dev is working really hard for the coin to become something big, he even got the download link on www.download.com but it just seems like it needs a little push.
If we could somehow do this, than it would be amazing.

Forum Link: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=557946.0
DIEMcoin (OP)

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 04:09:48 PM

My Plee to NOT destroy a golden opportunity

Lastly I want to do some kind of coin rehab for left for dead coins that have potential after doing great deals of research to pick the right coins.  During this process with DIEM we've been through we have made many connections and are building relationships with key players in the crypto world.  People who can help us rehab coins.  My idea consists of this:  Find the right coin with extended research and looking at every angle.  We don't take requests, we find you!  Once we have our coin selected we buy a large steak in the coin at dirt cheap prices since if the coin is still listed there will be a massive pile of sell orders that no one will buy.  Next we go into rehab mode.  Get any code based issues fixed, get the coin on exchanges, get it all the frills coins need these days and build a community to follow it.  This is not a short venture!  This will be a few months with each coin.  The last thing we want to do is leave the coin with no one to steer the ship and were not looking to be perm devs.  So we will be there while the community grows and becomes self sustaining.  Once that happens we can IPO a portion  or all of the stake we have in the coin and take our profit to put back into supporting DIEM.  We want to execute this plan with great care and ethics.  We want a profit but we also don't want to hurt a fellow coin.  A similar idea is being looked at by NobleCoin and a couple of other groups.  Mainly as a charity cases.  Were looking for profits which we can then use to take DIEM to the next level.

Please Please PLEASE!  Do not vote to destroy.  Were sitting on a golden opportunity and we need to Seize The Day!!!

VirtualCoin (VC) seems like a great coin to rehab even though there actually is a dev.
The dev is active but for some reason the coin hasn't popular at all.
It has a great name and the potential to do something bit in the crypto community. There is a max coin limit of 3 million so the coins are rare.

The dev is working really hard for the coin to become something big, he even got the download link on www.download.com but it just seems like it needs a little push.
If we could somehow do this, than it would be amazing.

Forum Link: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=557946.0

Thanks for the suggestion.  Unfortunately we are still a ways off from being at that point. We still have plenty of work to do on our own coin before we car start worrying about other.

Around here, we don't look backwards for very long... We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things because we're curious... And curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.
-Walt Disney
YarkoL
Legendary

Activity: 996
Merit: 1012

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 06:19:58 PM

Hello friends

Currently the Diem's PoS maximum stake age is unlimited. I've found that
if I limit the upper bound of stake age to some definite number, say for instance 100 days
the wallet starts to stake.

That does not yet tell what is wrong with the code, as there are quite a lot
of PoS coins with unlimited max and they stake just fine. But this finding eliminates so
many other possibilities that I believe the rest of the mystery is solved soon.

However I've had some discussion with Chris/DeadPoets
and we both think it might be a good idea to have an upper limit
on stake age. I think there are both technical and economical reasons for this.

So I would like to hear your opinion on this issue and whether you
think unlimited staking is worth preserving in future version of Diem wallet.

Yarko
ps
@BruteFruit see you in the irc channel when I got a little more time and my
screen estate becomes little less cluttered...

“God does not play dice"
wickedsick

Activity: 467

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 11:14:07 AM

an upper limit on stake age sounds good...go for it
DIEMcoin (OP)

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 05:04:25 PM

Seriously Yarkol, whatever you and deadpoets think is best.  I really don't have enough of a grasp on the technical side to make a educated decision.

-Walt Disney
lespacake

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 10:28:44 PM

Keep Calm and CarpeDIEM!

Seriously  Huh Huh

I lost 200Million of old DIEM  Angry Angry
DIEMcoin (OP)

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 11:39:13 PM

Keep Calm and CarpeDIEM!

Seriously  Huh Huh

I'm sorry but like I told you in PM, the old blockchain is dead and I have no way to verify your coins aren't from a fork.  Not to mention even the original deadline I set has passed.

I gave more time then any other coin that did a trade in.

On the plus side DIEM is dirt cheap right now.

-Walt Disney
devvienuis

Activity: 452

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 04:24:30 PM

Keep Calm and CarpeDIEM!

Seriously  Huh Huh

So I understand all my old coins and bounties are dead?? You didn't even did twitter warnings! You guys suck Sad
DIEMcoin (OP)

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 04:33:00 PM

Keep Calm and CarpeDIEM!

Seriously  Huh Huh

So I understand all my old coins and bounties are dead?? You didn't even did twitter warnings! You guys suck Sad

We don't have access to the old twitter account.  Old dev bailed with access to all that.

-Walt Disney
DIEMcoin (OP)

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 04:34:45 PM

Anyone willing to help out test our MP please join the #gagapool irc ch
https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.freenode.net/#gagapool

-Walt Disney
Don007
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1007

Live like there is no tomorrow!

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 04:38:17 PM

Carpe diem.. I really have to laugh when I see people get "Carpe Diem" tattoos. Most of the time it's the only Latin sentence (/aphorism) they know. When you say this to them, they always deny and say that they know more. However, if you ask which more Latin sentences they know, they suddently don't reconize any  ^^.

More on topic, does this coin survives the time being? I guess we'll find out. Oh, and adding this coin on as much exchanges as possible probably isn't the right way to make it survive or make or more popular or something.. They coin should somehow diversify itself from the other (hundreds / thousands) altcoins.

{Curently quite inactive as I'm really busy in my private life. I will get back soon!}

-> Your line here during my inactivity? Feel free to PM <-
DIEMcoin (OP)

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 05:06:31 PM

Carpe diem.. I really have to laugh when I see people get "Carpe Diem" tattoos. Most of the time it's the only Latin sentence (/aphorism) they know. When you say this to them, they always deny and say that they know more. However, if you ask which more Latin sentences they know, they suddently don't reconize any  ^^.

More on topic, does this coin survives the time being? I guess we'll find out. Oh, and adding this coin on as much exchanges as possible probably isn't the right way to make it survive or make or more popular or something.. They coin should somehow diversify itself from the other (hundreds / thousands) altcoins.

We might do a promo down the road, if you have a carpe diem tat and post it on the website well give you some diem or something.  I wanna see someone tattoo the logo though   Roll Eyes

We're alive.  Just been laying low while we rebuild the infrastructure we need.  Were just about there.  New wallet should be done very soon (i know... i said that 2 weeks ago)  and we have a MP in beta right now.   The sharexcoin push was really because we thought the exchange had potential.  Guess it was all just a scam   Angry

Here's a little rundown on our plans going forward if you would like to have a look:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=588310.msg6917379#msg6917379

But know that we are alive, well, and about ready to break down some walls!

-Walt Disney
DIEMcoin (OP)

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 06:04:54 AM

Let's keep up the voting on Mintpal since we don't have much of anything better to do for right now.

https://www.mintpal.com/voting

Come join us in IRC, we have a bot that will remind you every hour and give you free DIEM(when it's not broken... deadpoets...)  And will then insult you or tell you a story.  Lots of fun.  #diemcoin

-Walt Disney
DIEMcoin (OP)

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 06:25:34 PM
Last edit: June 11, 2014, 02:52:54 AM by DIEMcoin

OUR MULTIPOOL IS NOW LIVE!!!

www.gagapool.pw

stratum+tcp://stratum.gagapool.pw

SCRYPT - port 3333
SHA-256 - port 3334

Worker name  will be DIEM_diem address   *Make sure you use CAPS for DIEM and an _*
It will look like this:  DIEM_DFhWhLj1S7avGvCUU1PefCddj1CqfUdUaN

pass will be x

For those not familiar with how MPs work it automatically mines the most profitable coins and then sells them.  Then takes that and buys DIEM for distribution.  This created buy pressure for diem as well as lets miners do what miners do best.

This is all courtesy of xming who has worked very hard to get this up and running.  He did collect a bounty but it was much more work then he expected so please show him a bit of appreciation by throwing him a few extra DIEM for his hard work.
DDqBxRUftZYitTvhiDr4Y2MRG2HBRKj6F6

-Walt Disney
Bidcoind

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2014, 06:29:52 PM

http://mobile.marinecoin.org/download/stuff/bidcoind/carpediem.jpg
CarpeDiemCoin added to Bidcoind.com as a payment method to buy / sell goods and services with CarpeDiemCoin.

Generate buzz for CarpeDiemCoin by listing quality items for sale totaly free of charge and merchant mine MTC on the side,

www.bidcoind.com

http://mobile.marinecoin.org/download/stuff/bidcoind/bidcoind.gifhttp://mobile.marinecoin.org/download/stuff/bidcoind/Buy-and-Sells.jpghttp://mobile.marinecoin.org/download/stuff/bidcoind/globalsign.jpghttp://mobile.marinecoin.org/download/stuff/bidcoind/auctions.jpghttp://mobile.marinecoin.org/download/stuff/bidcoind/mtcalls.jpg

Everyone is talking about merchant integration for their coin, saying that theirs will be the one,

well if you don't start to demonstrate merchant application for it, then who else will?
CPI - The Consumer Price Index for all Crypto Currencies, what will say more about a crypto currency when there is more quality stuff for sale in exchange.

The API for true trade volume based on actual goods and services. The real economic indicator for a crypto currency.
EXAMPLE:
"user wsxrfv made 1375 MTC at the current exchange rate of 0.17 USD per MTC just for listing an item for sale in exchange for CarpeDiemCoin."
Casper just listed an item for sale on Bidcoind.com, he is selling his old laptop in exchange for CarpeDiemCoin,
like that is not good enough he is mining 1 MTC block after block at the same rate as the Marinecoin network speed just for listing it.
if someone else does not list an item soon after him, Casper is going to be the richest man in the World.
Who's to stop Casper selling more items in exchange for CarpeDiemCoin
Merchant Mining, No hardware required, mineable for the next 1000 years just like the Marinecoin Network Mining.
PAYMENTS & MERCHANTS
pay CarpeDiemCoin direct to the seller no middle wallet. start small, gain more feedback comments and go bigger soon your reputation will speak for itself more coins for more positive feedbacks from buyers.

Win Win Win situation

Sell quality stuff for your coin and generate publicity for your favorite coin +1
Get more of the coins you like by selling your new or used items + 1
Get Marinecoins on the side by merchant mining them without extra effort +1

your accounts are credited 0.5 MTC as gift good for listing upto 5 items with basic settings.

make sure you enter a valid Marinecoin client wallet address during registration but not a mobile or web wallet,

no listings for illegal items,
no spam listings items with picture and detailed description ONLY
valid user registration, do not use fake names fake address your account will be suspended
this is as serious as Ebay
Lisitings of 14 days minimum or longer duration required to qualify for mining block rewards
No listings under crypto currencies category, exchanging coins is not a merchant activity.
You will get results within 180 blocks on the network about 6 hours on target network speed, delayed 180 blocks payouts gives time to delist unwanted or illegal listings and listers who spam the site just for getting MTC.

There is feedback area after each successful sale, seller and buyer can give each other feedbacks the more feedback you have the more coins you make by selling your stuff more easyly.

if more than 1 person lists an item during the same block interval they share the block reward of 1 MTC, how ever if more than 10 people list an item in order for you not to lose your listing fee of 0.1 MTC, the reward auto doubles to 0.2 for each seller,

list an item mine block after block until someone else lists an item,

you can sell your items for CarpeDiemCoin, you will still get merchant mined Marinecoins,

Mined coins auto cashout to your registered wallet when balance exceeds 5 MTC, but you can also cash out manually if you wish when your balance is below that.

goto www.marinecoin.org to download your MTC wallet to receive your Merchant Mining Block Rewards

then goto www.bidcoind.com register and list an item for sale in CarpeDiemCoin and wait for the MTC rewards to flood in to your wallet,

Enjoy
Bidcoind.com
direct contact the dev for any questions:
 info@bidcoind.com
DIEMcoin (OP)

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 07:23:12 PM

CarpeDiemCoin added to Bidcoind.com as a payment method to buy / sell goods and services with CarpeDiemCoin.

Generate buzz for CarpeDiemCoin by listing quality items for sale totaly free of charge and merchant mine MTC on the side,

www.bidcoind.com

Enjoy
Bidcoind.com
direct contact the dev for any questions:
 info@bidcoind.com

Added to the OP!!!  Thanks!!

-Walt Disney
wickedsick

Activity: 467

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 12:07:03 PM

any new info about the stake?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ... 66 »
  Print  

Jump to: