Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 11:29:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Pick a number

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 66 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DIEM] CarpeDiemCoin - Alive and well!!!  (Read 343403 times)
DIEMcoin (OP)

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 06:00:23 PM

how to exchange the old coins to new ones?
You can put them on comkort and they will be exchanged when I get in touch with them and get all their coins switched or pop in our irc freenode #carpediempool and we'll take care of you

Around here, we don't look backwards for very long... We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things because we're curious... And curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.
-Walt Disney
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
DIEMcoin (OP)

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 06:56:35 PM

C-CEX Is complete!!!

If anyone knows how to get in touch with Comkort please send them my way.  He isn't responding to my emails.

Around here, we don't look backwards for very long... We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things because we're curious... And curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.
-Walt Disney
virtualdn
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1093

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 09:09:09 AM

what do you mean by putting them on comkort? you mean to upload the balance?

1 BTC = 1 BTC
DIEMcoin (OP)

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 03:55:45 PM

what do you mean by putting them on comkort? you mean to upload the balance?
Comkort hasn't been converted yet so the coins on Comkort are all old diem.  Once he gets back to me we'll swap out all the coins on his exchange along with yours if you put them there.  That's one option.  Or email me diemcoin@gmail.com or pop in irc and well take care of you.

-Walt Disney
DIEMcoin (OP)

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 04:08:56 PM

Were going to try an avoid using the unclaimed to pay our dev.  So were gathering donations for bitsta who built the new coin for us.  If you would like to pitch in send your coin strait to him.  DDDDDPRC8BSQoX9tyeCnoiinHRLhBuP3kK

Thanks Everyone!

-Walt Disney
palawan

Activity: 386

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 04:48:06 PM

Were going to try an avoid using the unclaimed to pay our dev.  So were gathering donations for bitsta who built the new coin for us.  If you would like to pitch in send your coin strait to him.  DDDDDPRC8BSQoX9tyeCnoiinHRLhBuP3kK

Thanks Everyone!

Thank you very much for converting my old DIEM coins to DIEM v2 coins.  I sent  4,999,999.999  DIEM to the address above.  Sorry for the odd number.  I have round number of coins  Smiley   The fee of .001 makes the amount to 5M

To everyone:  These guys are awesome.  Hop over to to the IRC channel and get your coins converted.

[I'm  archLinuxUser/DIEMuser  from irc]

halu
S3052
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 08:01:09 PM

so whats the plan to drive diem forward?

DIEMcoin (OP)

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 10:36:16 PM

That is going to depend on the community.  Were going to have a large number of unclaimed coins.  We have to figure out what to do with them.  If we destroy them we get a small pump and become just another coin. 
If we keep them we can do some incredible things.

-Walt Disney
andyatcrux
Legendary

Activity: 938

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 01:31:50 AM

That is going to depend on the community.  Were going to have a large number of unclaimed coins.  We have to figure out what to do with them.  If we destroy them we get a small pump and become just another coin. 

Keep them. Use a good portion for bounties to contribute to development. Give incentives to people on ecoiner.org for doing tasks related to the promotion of DIEM, especially getting the vote out for Mintpal. Just some of the many things that can be done.
apmapm12

Activity: 322

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 02:49:48 AM

I say maybe we do and ipo or hold the amount in a public wallet and use small amounts to grow. And also to hold up the price because there will be large amounts of diem not in play
DIEMcoin (OP)

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 04:01:40 AM
Last edit: May 18, 2014, 04:24:05 AM by DIEMcoin

I'm very curious of your guys's thoughts and ideas on what do with the coins.  I'm leaning toward the ipo idea... one way or another the coin needs to be converted into btc to be useful.  What do we do with the coins to put them to good use? And another concern of mine is how do we put in appropriate checks and balances to ensure they aren't stolen?  I'll be happy to hold them if the community trusts me but I have a feeling that's not going to satisfy the greater majority.  One idea I have is to put them on an exchange and talk to the admin.  Have them set up something where to pull coins off the exchange an elected comity of maybe 5 people who have to click the withdraw confirmation email.

Of course that opens us up to the exchange being hacked or going gox on us.  We need to find a balance.  I don't like the idea of putting it in the hands of an escrow service.  Not really sure why, just doesn't feel right to me.

With the unclaimed coins I want to take DIEM into uncharted territory.  Really change the game!  I have a few ideas but I want to hear yours.  My 3 favorite things in the this world are ideas, opinions and options. 

After this weekend I'm going to take a break to clear my head and do some real thinking.  Ill be lurking because I'm an addict and doing more coin exchanges behind the scenes. 

apmapm12 is my partner and has access to this account and the diemcoin@gmail.com account to edit the op and whatnot as well as my email in case I'm needed and I'm sure I'll be in contact with him.  While I'm doing that I'll write up my ideas and convince everyone that destroying the coins would be the biggest mistake we could make.

But like I said. I want your ideas!  Bring them on!  If you don't want them to be public PM me or email me.  I'm the kind of person that likes to get input from multiple sources and from all that information come up with what I think is the best path.  There is no such thing as a bad idea.  Someone can say something that is 99% bat shit crazy but 1% pure genious and that's the part I look for.

-Walt Disney
virtualdn
Legendary

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 06:04:20 AM

scratch game re-enabled

http://coinok.pw/scratch/diem/

paper wallet re-enabled

http://coinok.pw/wallet/diem/

1 BTC = 1 BTC
DIEMcoin (OP)

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 06:18:28 AM

scratch game re-enabled

http://coinok.pw/scratch/diem/

paper wallet re-enabled

http://coinok.pw/wallet/diem/

EXCELLENT!!!  Thankyou

Will update the OP

-Walt Disney
virtualdn
Legendary

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 06:31:47 AM

faucet -should be fully functional in about 30-60 mins
http://coinok.pw/faucet/diem/

explorer
http://coinok.pw/explorer/diem/

enjoy!

1 BTC = 1 BTC
S3052
Legendary

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 07:48:52 AM

what is the benefit of keeping them?
what is the downside of destroying them if noone claims them?

DIEMcoin (OP)

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 08:01:41 AM

The benefit of keeping them is we basically have a whale backing us that doesn't need to necessarily make a profit and we don't have to worry about it dumping on us.  Consider the unclaimed coins our own personal Wulong who won't fuck us over.  We can do whatever we decide to do with that coin to build LONG TERM strength in the coin.  We just have to figure out what to do with it that will maximize the benefit.

If we destroy it we get a % bump in value and we are just another coin on the exchange.  I want more from this coin! I want to make millionaires out of every one of you.  And if your already a millionaire I want to make you a billionaire.

LETS FIGURE OUT HOW TO MAKE THAT HAPPEN!

-Walt Disney
DIEMcoin (OP)

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 08:22:06 AM

Comkort is Updated with new coin...
I'm going to bed! 
Goodnight all

-Walt Disney
S3052
Legendary

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 11:46:14 AM

The benefit of keeping them is we basically have a whale backing us that doesn't need to necessarily make a profit and we don't have to worry about it dumping on us.  Consider the unclaimed coins our own personal Wulong who won't fuck us over.  We can do whatever we decide to do with that coin to build LONG TERM strength in the coin.  We just have to figure out what to do with it that will maximize the benefit.

If we destroy it we get a % bump in value and we are just another coin on the exchange.  I want more from this coin! I want to make millionaires out of every one of you.  And if your already a millionaire I want to make you a billionaire.

LETS FIGURE OUT HOW TO MAKE THAT HAPPEN!

sorry for my lack of understanding. I still dont get the situation.
What do you mean "The benefit of keeping them is we basically have a whale backing us that doesn't need to necessarily make a profit"?

denniscdunbar

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 03:37:00 PM

faucet -should be fully functional in about 30-60 mins
http://coinok.pw/faucet/diem/

explorer
http://coinok.pw/explorer/diem/

enjoy!

Thank you for getting this task done so quickly.  Grin

DoubleD
chiguireitor
Legendary

Activity: 872
Merit: 1010

Coins, Games & Miners

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2014, 05:00:21 PM

what is the benefit of keeping them?
what is the downside of destroying them if noone claims them?

I have this little game/faucet... i could distribute a LOT of coins there....

Example of the faucet for GOODcoin http://cryptocoinfaucet.appspot.com/games/floppy?coin=GOOD

Example of the faucet for Legendarycoin http://cryptocoinfaucet.appspot.com/games/floppy?coin=LGD

As you can see, it can get customized, and it works wonders for people caliming coins! I also operate the standard faucet on the same site and the Rock, Paper, Scissors game... i'm even going to release some more games soon

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 66 »
  Print  

Jump to: