Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 06:44:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: WTS CoinTerra IV TerraMiner™ IV 1.6 TH/s  (Read 1157 times)
orcephrye (OP)

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 03:26:16 AM

I am selling my miner. Its completely new. Just got it in the mail.
Tracking UPS #: 1Z7658VAA840798295
Hasn't been opened
URL: http://cointerra.com/product/terraminer-iv/
Selling it for $ 4,700 in the USA only (for now)

I can take BTC or LTC or PayPal. Or a combination.
I will pay for shipping at the fastest possible option.

I already have 2 of these. I ordered them a while ago. And now that all 3 are here... I simply cannot power the 3rd. Its extremely frustrating. But I am forced to sell this at a 1,500~ loss.

Again COMPLETELY NEW. HASN'T EVEN BEEN OPENED.

If you want further proof please ask for a video. I can post to my dropbox and send via PM.

Here is my craiglist listing:
 http://sanantonio.craigslist.org/ele/4441709934.html
firejuan

Activity: 256
Merit: 250

Because it's sterile...

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2014, 07:36:55 AM

Sent you a PM with a few questions.  Thanks.

orcephrye (OP)

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 06:23:46 PM

Sent you a PM with a few questions.  Thanks.

I have replied.
ar9

Activity: 352

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 08:46:28 PM

Post pictures of it proving ownership.

How can you say it's 1.6TH/s (400GH/s away from the 2TH/s unit it should be) if you haven't opened it yet?
How do you know you received a TerraMiner?
orcephrye (OP)

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 10:37:05 PM

Post pictures of it proving ownership.

How can you say it's 1.6TH/s (400GH/s away from the 2TH/s unit it should be) if you haven't opened it yet?
How do you know you received a TerraMiner?

As I mentioned in my post if you want a video and/or pics I can send it to you via PM. As I am at work I cannot do that now. But tonight when I get off I can PM you it.

I didn't post any pics because its just a box. And how I know its a TerraMiner is because I got 3 of them from CoinTerra. But after plugging in the first two I found I didn't have a space for anymore. (I know... I feel dump)

But I can post to you a video if you want proof via a PM.
ar9

Activity: 352

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 11:02:58 PM

What would the video be of?
The unit, or a box?
orcephrye (OP)

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 11:15:17 PM

What would the video be of?
The unit, or a box?

EHEHEH.

It would be a video of me opening the box. Although I haven't done anything else. Such as remove the padding or rip open the bag with the little rubber computer feet.

I will also show the other 2 miners running in all the LOUD glory. And the speed that they are mining at. Explain the Power Stepping setting that the PDF manual talks about. (If I set it to 9 Highest it trips my breakers). It pulls around 17AMPS.

Hopefully you can see what issue I am in. That I cannot plug the final one it.

As far as the speed is concerned if you follow the URL I posted. http://cointerra.com/product/terraminer-iv/
You can see that its rated at 1.6 not 2T/Hash. CoinTerra where never able to get the system to 2 until just recently.
orcephrye (OP)

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 06:10:13 AM

Alrighty!

Here is a link to the video and also to a pic:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/7yei4nu8mu401jl/TerraMiner_Video.mp4

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5zrhisdmv0fhfnc/IMG_0630.JPG

I was just going to give these to people who where interested... but.. meh.

Killerloop

Activity: 294

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 07:11:43 AM

I think this has something to do with asking an amount (4700$) that your miner will never produce under current market prices.

10.30 BTC in a year until crazy difficulty = ~4400 $ --> Net loss 300 $ + shipping and whatnot.
https://cex.io/calc

Good luck.

Loan request: "I need 7 BTC because We hired an archaelogist and asked him: Is there a treasure? And he said yes!"
samsonn25

Activity: 882
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 07:58:07 AM

I think this has something to do with asking an amount (4700$) that your miner will never produce under current market prices.

10.30 BTC in a year until crazy difficulty = ~4400 $ --> Net loss 300 $ + shipping and whatnot.

Good luck.

The problem with that calculator is it doesnt factor electricity.  Pushing about 1900 watts to power that thing it would be lucky to make back $2000 in its lifetime.  Meaning about 49 Billion difficulty it mines almost zero after electric.
orcephrye (OP)

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 08:33:53 AM

Good luck.

The problem with that calculator is it doesnt factor electricity.  Pushing about 1900 watts to power that thing it would be lucky to make back $2000 in its lifetime.  Meaning about 49 Billion difficulty it mines almost zero after electric.

Huh? My electric bill is only about $150 per unit. And the unit will make more then $150 per month. In fact it will probably make well more then $2,000 worth in the first few months. Its the months afterward that is the question. Basically. Will the thing break even. And with the current price no. If bitcoin was to go up in price. Even to 550 it would make a profit. (Even with the price of power). I believe the price of BTC coin will go up in price. In fact it has to or else it will die. Within the next 6 months if the difficulty keeps going the way it is but the price stays the same even ASICs wont be energy efficient enough. That means that with the price will rise or BTC will die.

Thats why I am still mining with two others. I simply cannot plug this one in to anything.
Killerloop

Activity: 294

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 09:05:04 AM

Huh? My electric bill is only about $150 per unit. And the unit will make more then $150 per month. In fact it will probably make well more then $2,000 worth in the first few months. Its the months afterward that is the question. Basically. Will the thing break even. And with the current price no. If bitcoin was to go up in price. Even to 550 it would make a profit. (Even with the price of power). I believe the price of BTC coin will go up in price. In fact it has to or else it will die. Within the next 6 months if the difficulty keeps going the way it is but the price stays the same even ASICs wont be energy efficient enough. That means that with the price will rise or BTC will die.

Thats why I am still mining with two others. I simply cannot plug this one in to anything.

Incorrect. You are mixing BTC difficulty race with BTC utility.
The race WILL die. Be it that hardware cannot cope, electricity costs too much, all bitcoins are mined... whatever. It will end.
At that point the network hashrate will thrive only on fees, and difficulty will adjust (as it is intended) to make smoother transactions... a LOT faster than today. Faster transactions = more money for miners.

Bitcoin will die only when people lose faith in it... and there is no reason to! In fact it gets widely adopted each day Smiley

However, enough talking, if you happen to be interested in offers from the EU I'll gladly make one Wink

Loan request: "I need 7 BTC because We hired an archaelogist and asked him: Is there a treasure? And he said yes!"
orcephrye (OP)

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 06:13:57 PM

Incorrect. You are mixing BTC difficulty race with BTC utility.
The race WILL die. Be it that hardware cannot cope, electricity costs too much, all bitcoins are mined... whatever. It will end.
At that point the network hashrate will thrive only on fees, and difficulty will adjust (as it is intended) to make smoother transactions... a LOT faster than today. Faster transactions = more money for miners.

Bitcoin will die only when people lose faith in it... and there is no reason to! In fact it gets widely adopted each day Smiley

However, enough talking, if you happen to be interested in offers from the EU I'll gladly make one Wink

Well I stand corrected. I had forgot about fees side of things. The is a lot more to CryptoCurrancy and its a good lesson to learn not to generalize.

Either cause yes I will take offers from EU. I was hoping only US because of shipping. But only two other people have put down offers. And I haven't heard back from them in over 24 hours.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: