Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 03:14:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How many altcoins will remain?  (Read 114 times)
Altcoins enthusiast (OP)

Activity: 490
Merit: 17

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 07:53:12 PM

Many coins and tokens are coming out every days and more than 10 are been add daily. How many of this coins and tokens are going to remain in five to ten years to come? I think many of them will become worthless in three years to come as most of them have been abandoned by the developers.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Awesomus Maximus

Activity: 392
Merit: 66

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 08:49:12 PM

You are right, many of them are doomed to become worthless and vanish in thin air. I will be surprised if more than 5 % of today's coins survive. Just checked coinmarketcap. As of today, there are 1,865 cryptos registered with coinmarketcap. Probably another 1,000 or 2,000 coins are not listed there. Five percent of 3,000 is 150 cryptocurrencies. If 150 survive, even that would be too many.
valheru

Activity: 487
Merit: 115

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 08:58:52 PM

As you said, yes a lot of new coins comes out at these days and most of those coins can not hold on to the market but some of them hold in the market well. I do not know if it's good or bad to come up so many coins every day. I think they are doing pollution in the market, so it should not be that much.

R.R.L.
Lan75
Copper Member

Activity: 363
Merit: 9

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 09:04:33 PM

I think only time knows how many of these altcoins will remains as you said that it will be abandoned by the developers once they will get their money for it. Sad to say that some of us here are only here for the money and once we already had it, we forgot that we have obligation to fulfill to our investors.
livingfree

Activity: 2786
Merit: 578

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 09:05:29 PM

That's for sure! Many altcoins wont survive that long if they are only being used as a pump and dump coin. Many coins started with very amazing proposal for their project but at the end they became as a main pump and dump coin.

The real coins that has use cases will remain and bitcoin will smash most of it if ever it has gained its dominance again to its all time high.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
Invigorated

Activity: 266
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 09:06:15 PM

The proliferation of several altcoins is alarming. Most of them are shams and have nothing to offer, less that 25% of the total available altcoins you see today will be here with us in the next 3 to 5 years. It will be great to see a form of regulation introduced into the crypto space, I believe it will curb the stem of the scams we see nowadays.
bobthegrownup

Activity: 194
Merit: 29

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 09:07:45 PM

Many coins and tokens are coming out every days and more than 10 are been add daily. How many of this coins and tokens are going to remain in five to ten years to come? I think many of them will become worthless in three years to come as most of them have been abandoned by the developers.

Most of the ones we will see in the future we have not seen yet today.

Do I think there will be "alt coins"? Most definitely

The common argument that we are re-living the internet days and what emerged was a single victor (TCP/IP) is a poor one, because there were not as many complex trade-offs involved with consolidating under one protocol. Different markets and different functions will require different protocols and there will only be a handful of coins (or probably only 1) that acts as the "medium of exchange" and "unit of account" between those protocols
MicroGuy
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1030

Twitter @realmicroguy

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2018, 09:10:05 PM

I think many of them will become worthless in three years to come as most of them have been abandoned by the developers.

This is correct.

Only a tiny percentage will survive over the long-term. In the early 1900's there were hundreds of American car makers, now there are only a handful. The brands that survive the longest and manage to find a stable growing support base are the ones that will last.

Viscore

Activity: 3038
Merit: 647

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 09:10:34 PM

I'm for sure some of them will die or they might get buried in dip.  We know already some coins exist today are just scam coins, definitely those coins won't survive as investors won't look for it.  Only coins that have firm platform will survive.

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
Hivecool

Activity: 132
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 09:11:48 PM

It's true. But in the top 100 constantly emerging new cool projects. I think that in a few years even the top 10 can completely change. I believe that all the changes for the better) !!
EvgeniyBH

Activity: 574
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 09:52:04 PM

You can find statistics about offline and/or online start-ups. Altcoins is same businesses with only one different they use blockchain technology. So I think statistics will be similar.
acedia

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 09:58:26 PM

agree. Will remain in the best case-third all coins or even less. That's good, there'll be less trash. The main thing is not to keep these garbage coins and not to invest in the same projects
ganesh10

Activity: 112

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 10:02:02 PM

I think the altcoin market simply has too many options at the moment, most of the projects in it are created for the sole purpose of belong to the market and that way generate more profits.
Zemytha

Activity: 85
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 10:07:14 PM

currently, there are many tokens registered in coinmarketcap but are not valuable. and for the next 5 years, there will be more coins like that.
Bytem3

Activity: 602
Merit: 107

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 10:08:49 PM

99% of the altcoins will die. CoinCodex has currently listed over 2600 coins and tokens Cheesy

Best way to LONG/SHORT Bitcoin. Up to 66x leverage. Register on BitMax now!
The_Dark_Knight

Activity: 840
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 04:01:52 AM

Your time frame is kind of long this market has not existed for 10 years and the only coin that old is bitcoin, so I suppose that of all the altcoins created today we are probably going to see a percentage below 1% to survive for that long, I know that when you think about it you realize how this market is filled with projects that in a few months no one is going to remember, which is yet another reason to invest in bitcoin instead.
samsung001sss

Activity: 406
Merit: 37

InternetLIFT.ru

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 07:45:31 PM

Yes indeed there is a lot of coins. If I'm not mistaken about 1400 coins. I think in 5 years there will be only 100-200 coins and the rest just die. Well, a maximum of 300 coins

aggress0r

Activity: 1050
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 07:56:32 PM

Coinmarketcap now is listing more than 1800 coins and a year ago this amount was approximately half as much and there are also tokens and coins that are not listed so they are definitely more than 2000 of them. I know when the coin dies it gets excluded from cmc listings but the amount listings doesn't decrease! Wow. And Ico projects are still forging new tokens and coins.
Therefore I suppose until ICO is in prime the amount of tokens won't decrease noticeable. And after - plethora of them will disappear drastically.
digol

Activity: 196

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 08:02:11 PM

of course most of them will disappear.  can 2 out of 10 will remain.  but it's hard to guess in advance
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: