Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 01:01:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Bitcoin just a stepping stone to something better?  (Read 5494 times)
IIOII
Legendary

Activity: 1153
Merit: 1012

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 06:00:31 PM

rIPPLE IS DECENTRALIZED OPENSOURCE AND XRP CANT BE CREATED AT WILL

That's an outright lie. Using uppercase won't make it more credible... Roll Eyes

Are you paid to post these lies or are you just too heavily invested in XRP?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
mah87
Donator

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

-Bitcoin & Ripple-

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 07:42:13 PM

That's an outright lie. Using uppercase won't make it more credible... Roll Eyes

Where is the lie ? are you kidding me ? Saying it's a lie based on your belief that anything except bitcoin is an illuminati conspiracy doesn't make your statement more credible.

Ripple is open source => https://github.com/ripple
Decentralized => see the wiki

And XRP can not be created at will (no more than bitcoin).

Educate yourself instead of bitching around.
Kashim

Activity: 300
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 08:11:03 PM

my bet.    bit(ch)coin will rute the internetz!
MicroGuy
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1030

Twitter @realmicroguy

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2014, 01:42:01 AM

I don't think Bitcoin be around in 5 years as most people will switch to a new gold standard yet to be made. Bitcoin is too short sighted and limited to 21 million coins and is still a Beta technology so are all crypto coins at this time. some people wasting time and money on trying to buy gox is stupid and it's a lesson in how we need more then 3 major exchanges.   learn what the faults are and then replace bitcoin with an improved crypto with that knowledge. I think BTC is just a huge stepping stone to what will be next. I have some ideas as to what the requirements for the next big coin will need to have in it's design but then i'm not a programmer. Right now it just seems like cryptos are just being thrown to the wall and see what sticks. We need to start thinking whats next. Just my thoughts want to know what you folks think.     

Goldcoin has a plan. It will begin testing this month a new client that will support multiple currencies and is a complete rewrite of the Satoshi code using a more robust multi-threaded code base. Our supply is also by design roughly 3X that of Bitcoin. In addition, Goldcoin is a name that is preferred in consumer testing over any other coin including Bitcoin.

Watch this video in its entirety and you'll swear by the end he's talking about Goldcoin (GLD).

http://altcoinpress.com/2014/04/andreas-antonopoulos-cryptocurrency-is-a-language/
emsjvh

Activity: 324
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 05:34:59 AM

We need something extremely fast (60 seconds or less) and with very low transaction fees.
openyourmind

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 07:50:45 AM

remind me please what was a stepping stone to bitcoins?
polunna

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 08:41:31 AM

remind me please what was a stepping stone to bitcoins?

I think that non-cash payments and internet access at any time have become a stepping stone to Bitcoin
IIOII
Legendary

Activity: 1153
Merit: 1012

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 11:19:59 AM

Where is the lie ? are you kidding me ? Saying it's a lie based on your belief that anything except bitcoin is an illuminati conspiracy doesn't make your statement more credible.

Ripple is open source => https://github.com/ripple
Decentralized => see the wiki

And XRP can not be created at will (no more than bitcoin).

Educate yourself instead of bitching around.

It's open source, that's true. The other points are not true (it can't technically be created at will - but there are so many unissued XRP owned by it's creators so that this limitation is entirely meaningless). It's not decentralized like Bitcoin. So overall your statement is not true.

I've already tested Ripple and rejected it for good reason. XRP is a very bad investment. As a payment network alone it has some use but will be useless once bitcoin reaches mainstream adoption.
mah87
Donator

-Bitcoin & Ripple-

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 12:40:27 PM

more and more bitcoin exchange plateforme are adopting it.

The next one this year will be kraken and Itbit and this is for good reason too. Even if you don't get it yet.
silversurfer1958

Activity: 474
Merit: 111

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 05:45:34 PM

It doesn't matter if there are only 21 Million coins because they are divisible.
Bitcoin doesn't encourage hoarding, it encourages sensible spending.
Our current financial model is.....I want that Aston Martin today....I dont have the money, I'll get a loan

With Bitcoin the model is, I have the money today  or If I just wait two years, the Price will go up and
I'll be able to buy the car AND have some bitcoin left.

Bitcoin, being deflationary Encourages sensible spending, rather than hoarding.
I imagine everyone on here has bought stuff with Bitcoin.

Bibop

Activity: 222
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 08:00:02 PM

the next big jump in this zone is recognition of the world market and broad demand.
we are not in the end or the beginning, we are in a middle of process that could bring us to something better and its the target.
twiifm

Activity: 784

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 04:44:02 AM

It doesn't matter if there are only 21 Million coins because they are divisible.
Our current financial model is.....I want that Aston Martin today....I dont have the money, I'll get a loan

With Bitcoin the model is, I have the money today  or If I just wait two years, the Price will go up and

Why spend it in 2 years when you can wait 2 more years for price to go up even more?  In fact just never spend it and when you die pass it on to your kids.  In theory price will rise to infinity no?
devphp

Activity: 336

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 05:16:15 AM

Why spend it in 2 years when you can wait 2 more years for price to go up even more?  In fact just never spend it and when you die pass it on to your kids.  In theory price will rise to infinity no?

Correct. That is why Bitcoin is not fit to be an every day internet currency. What it does best is perform the store of value function. As for exchange for goods and services I think Dogecoin has a good chance to become that every day internet currency for circulation.
Slingshot

Activity: 616

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 06:15:09 PM
Last edit: May 14, 2014, 06:26:03 PM by Slingshot

Re: Is Bitcoin just a stepping stone to something better?

Bitcoin is the real deal.

Bitcoin is Gold 2.0

Bitcoin is Freedom.

Bitcoin is light-years ahead of all the competition combined.

It's already an unstoppable force.

Bitcoin is the new King of Currencies the world over.

Bitcoin frees both society at large and their governments from their indebted slavery to their hidden masters at the worlds Central Banks.

Watch with awe as the Banksters continue scream and pout at Bitcoin and it's users through the media and with their other shills, not to mention at their banks.

And all while society and the worlds more decent governments learn that Bitcoin offers everyone long term freedom and an enormous magnitude of greater society wide prosperity that the world has never before known.

Bitcoin frees us all from the Banksters debt based fiat currencies loaned to our governments and all of us at ruinous rates of usury interest. We will all be much more prosperous without the enslavement of debt based fiat currencies, and so will our governments. This changes everything. Bitcoin is The SOLUTION.

Nothing is going to stop this Decentralized Monetary Revolution. And nothing is going to be apt to dethrone Bitcoin for many decades or centuries to come.

Like I coined elsewhere before:  Bitcoin is Freedom.

Bitcoin is the real deal.

And nothing is stopping this Global Revolution!
silversurfer1958

Activity: 474
Merit: 111

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 08:50:27 PM

That wouldn't happen, anyone who has millions in the BTC bank is going to want to spend some of it, better holidays, a better car or house, even if they are extremely frugal, they will spend some of it so I think this brings us back to the idea that a deflationary currency like Bitcoin doesn't encourage extreme hoarding but frugality.

mah87
Donator

-Bitcoin & Ripple-

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 12:02:35 AM

We need something extremely fast (60 seconds or less) and with very low transaction fees.

Ripple do that
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: