Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 10:22:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Rejected from the App Store "Bitcoin Watch" for iPhone (source available)  (Read 5167 times)
grondilu
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1076

View Profile
April 16, 2011, 08:21:24 AM

Well, after reading this email I have to say that it actually does make sense.  An app that displays quotes as they are on bitcoinwatch.com is indeed a "website bundled as an app".

Anyway, that doesn't change the fact that you should get rid of your iPhone.   Tongue

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dmp1ce

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2011, 06:40:13 AM

I can understand it is against their guideline but the guideline is stupid.  Most apps could be written as a web apps.  Maybe you could add some code to use the gyroscope for rotating the charts and then maybe it would get past their review.

BTCmon - Support great bitcoin apps
Herodes

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 17, 2011, 11:03:43 AM

I can understand it is against their guideline but the guideline is stupid.  Most apps could be written as a web apps.  Maybe you could add some code to use the gyroscope for rotating the charts and then maybe it would get past their review.

I think it is up to the mood of the apple store reviewer that day if the app is approved or not. Wink But I think the topic starter in this thread should not give up that easily. I think it looked great (the app that is), and adding a few more features would perhaps make it be accepted. As it is now, the app displays the same thing as you can display if you log into mtgox through a webbrowser.

Perhaps teaming up with mtgox.com and create a trading app that can be used with their platform, and perhaps also functionality to send and recieve bitcoins. Now, that would be a useful program. Of course it would take a lot of time to develop this, but I think it could be a potentially very popular app, perhaps you could even charge a little for it. It could be offered as a free download, and you could earn money through making a small cut of the fee that mtgox.com charges when people trade through your app, or some other method of earning a little money. I think the app should be free to download. Perhaps free to download with some restrictions in regards to features, and then offer an upgrade to a premium edition for a small charge.

I think for bitcoin to be popular, there must be apps both for iphone and android. Don't take the rejection personal, topic starter, according to the Apple guidelines the rejection actually makes sense. I am aware that you have probably put in a lot of hours creating this app, and it is a disappointment having it rejected. Why not ask Apple directly what is required to get the app approved. If you get that in writing, then they could not reject it again if you fullfill those requirements.

Personally I am not a fanboy of Apple, but if we think logically about it, that platform is just a tool like any other technological element out there, so it would be bad to reject a platform just because of what happened in this case. We all want bitcoin to grow, and for this to happen, we need clients and various bitcoin tools to be available on all platforms. Mobile technology is the future.
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1145

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
April 17, 2011, 02:09:36 PM

I always search "bitcoin" at the app store. I know there is nothing there, but I assume they analyze searches. I also sent an email asking what bitcoin tools are available for iTouch. When they asked what that was I acted shocked.  Cheesy

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
warweed

Activity: 130
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 19, 2011, 01:31:12 AM

please keep in mind the jailbroken community if you compile it or create a cydia repository i will gladly use your app Smiley i would preffer to have a cydia repo thou

your onto a good thing thou lots of people do use iphone and it would be a very handy app i would compile it but .. wind0ze
zeeloo

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 07, 2011, 08:12:02 AM

It would be nice to have an Android widget that shows the bitcoin rating......
And an notify that send me an email if the rating is geting higher than 20$...for example.

There is Bitcoin Alert on Android but its bugy an there are not enough functions.

Does anyone use other apps?

If there is nothing out there that rocks my android phone it would be a good reason for me to beginn programming on android!
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1145

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
June 07, 2011, 01:31:50 PM

I am using this app now. I was very happy to see it at the official app store! It just fetches prices right now, but if the option to spend from the phone is added... That would be a big development.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: