Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 06:53:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How do we unsubscribe from a thread topic?  (Read 4112 times)
notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 19, 2012, 10:58:44 PM

You only have 59 pages of posts... also, jump to page 40, they're in order.

oh 59... why to page 40? i don't get why you're telling me they're in order.

You said they were from long ago.... jump to that point in time.

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
payb.tc

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 19, 2012, 11:12:01 PM

You only have 59 pages of posts... also, jump to page 40, they're in order.

oh 59... why to page 40? i don't get why you're telling me they're in order.

You said they were from long ago.... jump to that point in time.

uh, you're right... i mean to say they *could be* from long ago... the point was, i don't know where in that long list they are.
notme
Legendary

View Profile
January 19, 2012, 11:13:49 PM

Your best bet is probably click the thread, then search your name... search is scoped to the thread you're in.

payb.tc

View Profile
January 19, 2012, 11:14:34 PM

Your best bet is probably click the thread, then search your name... search is scoped to the thread you're in.

yeah i've done that a few times... it only finds posts by other people who have quoted me.

and you can't do 'advanced search' just within a particular thread.
notme
Legendary

View Profile
January 19, 2012, 11:16:23 PM

yeah i've done that a few times... it only finds posts by other people who have quoted me.

and you can't do 'advanced search' just within a particular thread.

lame... have fun with that Tongue

mila

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 20, 2012, 01:59:27 AM

what worked for me in the past is to list the thread with .all in the url.
then search by my username and click the delete with the middle mouse button so that it opens the delete command in new tab.
that way I don't loose track where am I in the deleting process and can hit next all the way down
might suck in big and dandy threads but is better than nothing.

and you can always outsource this for a few bitcents to a newbie who looks for a job
(don't forget to sign an agreement that he will not mess around with your profile and change password afterwards Wink )

your ad here:
payb.tc

View Profile
January 20, 2012, 02:16:02 AM

please elaborate / provide example link
rjk

Activity: 448

1ngldh

View Profile
January 20, 2012, 02:21:29 AM

please elaborate / provide example link

I believe he means that instead of (for example) this link:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=58897.msg703060#new

You would instead use:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=58897.0;all

which shows all posts on one page (not paginated) so that you can search using Ctrl+F or similar.

EDIT: or you can simply click the "ALL" button next to the page numbers.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
payb.tc

View Profile
January 20, 2012, 02:50:00 AM

wow, that was invisible all this time until you mentioned it.

edit: now i see why it was invisible... that link doesn't appear on long threads like "List of honest traders". i guess because there are so many pages.
mila

View Profile
January 20, 2012, 08:30:43 AM
Last edit: January 20, 2012, 08:58:15 AM by mila

wow, that was invisible all this time until you mentioned it.

edit: now i see why it was invisible... that link doesn't appear on long threads like "List of honest traders". i guess because there are so many pages.

you nailed it. the "really long threads" (I guess over 30 pages) hide the 'ALL' option but forcing it by adding the ;all should work
also in a thread like 'Introduce yourself' in the Newbies section with 200+ pages. careful when following this example:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=15672.0;all

edit: nope, does not work for the introduce yourself thread. but for honest sellers it worked when I edited/deleted my posts
e2: tried with list of honest sellers and it fails as well. must have stopped working since I last used it Sad I was not even able to set custom entries per page that would work around the limitations set by the forum software. seems the only way now is to crawl list of own submissions and search by forum name.

your ad here:
Ente
Legendary

Activity: 2126
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 23, 2012, 02:19:50 PM

Come on people, you seriously consider deleting posts to "unsubscribe" from a thread? Thats plain awful! If everyone would start doing this, ugh!
You can, at least, mark all threads "read" at once. I pick out the ones I read, then mark all left ones read too.
And, if you *must* look up your posts in a thread: Search for your postcount, like "Posts: 185". Ah, screw that, it doesnt work any more. I tried it some weeks ago, and did find all posts from all users with that postcount in that thread, which was only that one user.

*subscribe

Ente
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2012, 02:24:59 PM

You can, at least, mark all threads "read" at once. I pick out the ones I read, then mark all left ones read too.

That's what I do, read what I'm actually interested in then click the button that says mark all as read, it will clear the rest of the list.

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
Fiyasko (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001

Okey Dokey Lokey

View Profile
February 24, 2012, 08:21:08 PM

Come on people, you seriously consider deleting posts to "unsubscribe" from a thread? Thats plain awful! If everyone would start doing this, ugh!
And, if you *must* look up your posts in a thread: Search for your postcount, like "Posts: 185". Ah, screw that, it doesnt work any more. I tried it some weeks ago, and did find all posts from all users with that postcount in that thread, which was only that one user.

*subscribe

Ente

deleting posts doesn't seem to work. i was bored a few days ago and went through about 100 pages of bullbear thread to delete mine and it still comes up in my list... no way to tell if i've missed one or not though without doing that all over again.

I agree. Some threads just seem to "not let me go" I have no (still exsisting) Posts in the thread and yet i still get notifications about how someone posted something new in the thread where i apparently have a response

http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratingdetail.php?nick=DingoRabiit&sign=ANY&type=RECV <-My Ratings
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=857670.0 GAWminers and associated things are not to be trusted, Especially the "mineral" exchange
mila

View Profile
February 27, 2012, 02:45:16 PM

I agree. Some threads just seem to "not let me go" I have no (still exsisting) Posts in the thread and yet i still get notifications about how someone posted something new in the thread where i apparently have a response

I disagree. I was able to 'unsubscribe' every thread so far by deleting my posts in there

your ad here:
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: