Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 03:28:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Comic books, bulk sale  (Read 1392 times)
TheHarbinger (OP)

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

Why is it so damn hot in here?

View Profile
January 22, 2012, 04:40:05 AM

See my craigslist posting here for details;

http://orlando.craigslist.org/clt/2757781144.html

30BTC takes the lot including shipping.

BTW, how in the hell do you ship comic books without them getting damaged?

12Um6jfDE7q6crm1s6tSksMvda8s1hZ3Vj
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
LoupGaroux

Activity: 574

View Profile
January 22, 2012, 05:01:38 AM

Gosh, I really don't want to be the rain on your parade day, but if you got your appraisal for insurance purposes, and your collection is insured, you would be a lot better off just having them stolen than trying to get $200 worth of btc for that collection.

Any decent comic buyer would look at your list and maybe offer you a crisp $20 bill for what you have and tell you that you should take the money and run. Unless they have all actually been graded as 8.5, are coming slabbed and graded intact from a reputable and recognized grading service in which case that $20 might go up to $40. 8.5 is not an impressive grade for recent era comics, none of them are key dates, and you don't even have a single full story arc in the collection.

Donate them to a children's hospital, take the $400 tax write off, and be dollars ahead.

And as to shipping? Bags and boards? Individual cardboard envelopes over that (I like FedEx envelopes) then double boxed, wrapped in waterproof protection, sealed with tamper-evident tape, all floated in an ocean of Styrofoam peanuts, insured for the full value, and shipped priority. Of course most of the comics that I ship are worth $500 a pop, so I tend to be a little overdone about it, but that's how my eBay rating has managed to get over 25,000 positives.
gurg2.o

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 22, 2012, 05:12:33 AM

Gosh, I really don't want to be the rain on your parade day, but if you got your appraisal for insurance purposes, and your collection is insured, you would be a lot better off just having them stolen than trying to get $200 worth of btc for that collection.

Any decent comic buyer would look at your list and maybe offer you a crisp $20 bill for what you have and tell you that you should take the money and run. Unless they have all actually been graded as 8.5, are coming slabbed and graded intact from a reputable and recognized grading service in which case that $20 might go up to $40. 8.5 is not an impressive grade for recent era comics, none of them are key dates, and you don't even have a single full story arc in the collection.

Donate them to a children's hospital, take the $400 tax write off, and be dollars ahead.

And as to shipping? Bags and boards? Individual cardboard envelopes over that (I like FedEx envelopes) then double boxed, wrapped in waterproof protection, sealed with tamper-evident tape, all floated in an ocean of Styrofoam peanuts, insured for the full value, and shipped priority. Of course most of the comics that I ship are worth $500 a pop, so I tend to be a little overdone about it, but that's how my eBay rating has managed to get over 25,000 positives.

Agreed
netxshare

Activity: 120
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 22, 2012, 06:28:45 AM

tho these people are correct, if you want to be able to sell it you will need scans so people can at least tell what kind of quality they are going to get. Your best option is to head over to
http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=cfrm&c=5 I have sold many comic's there. They will require scans tho.

donations: 1CWddfhXagPoWgzUCs7oVHFjwBmqbAoJRr
TheHarbinger (OP)

Activity: 378

Why is it so damn hot in here?

View Profile
January 22, 2012, 11:02:59 PM

On the other hand, I found that start up my fireplace really well.  If you roll them so there is about a quarter sized hole in the middle of the roll, they burn at a slow enough and hot enough pace to get smaller logs started.

12Um6jfDE7q6crm1s6tSksMvda8s1hZ3Vj
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: