Bitcoin Forum
June 06, 2024, 03:29:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone else have a feeling NXT is about to explode?  (Read 9185 times)
Dosmas

Activity: 162
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 01:27:52 PM

Ofcourse we have a feeling it will explode, will it happen?
var53

Activity: 345
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 01:35:44 PM

I heard somewhere that Nxt will soon include a distributeddecentralized exchange. If it's true then I would expect the price of Nxt to explode.

Dude you have to get it right, its DECENTRALIZED EXCHANGE! Its even better!
Ripple is DISTRIBUTED, Nxt is Decentralized.

Thanks. I am not a Nxt expert and it looks like you know your stuff. Has Nxt already started it's decentralized exchange, or do you know when it will start one?
TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 01:40:06 PM

73 initial wallets but only around 20 invested the 1.5 BTC limit.  With such an obscure IPO, those 20 wallets were likely only 5 unique people with sockpuppets.

As for NxT's price - it's the tards throwing money thinking a decentralized exchange is proprietary to NxT but other coins will also have it too. 

I expect NxT to crash down soon

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
hoewer4what

Activity: 173

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 01:43:10 PM

The original stakeholders in NXT risked 1 BTC of their money when Nxt was nothing but a pipe-dream and most of us thought it would never be anything

NXT is just speculative investment, it has no real use. I consider NXT still worth nothing
TaunSew

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 01:49:02 PM

The original stakeholders in NXT risked 1 BTC of their money when Nxt was nothing but a pipe-dream and most of us thought it would never be anything

NXT is just speculative investment, it has no real use. I consider NXT still worth nothing

And which cryptos, in your considered opinion, do have "real use"?

NxT promotes itself, somewhat, as an innovative platform but there's nothing proprietary in the cryptos - "no patents no money" as VC investors would say.

Only thing you can invest in is the community of a coin.  NxT may have its' own loyal cult-like fanbase but the distribution model otherwise is a deterrent which stops the masses from coming in.  There's also stuff like BCnext fleeing and fireselling all his NxT

Before you claim I am a hater, I fit the definition of an "early adopter" of NxT as I bought in 2013.

If early adopters like me think NxT is a scam, what does that say?

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
nextgencoin (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 01:56:46 PM

people still having the stupid conversation about the distribution? You got to focus on the quality of the system now. If you don't you are basically saying I don't care about cryptocurrencies beyond how much money I can make.

At this point it doesn't matter anymore. Its still silly cheap IMO.

Oh, and is it too early to be smug about being right about the price move?
ShroomsKit_Disgrace
Legendary

Activity: 952

Yeah! I hate ShroomsKit!

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 01:58:04 PM

First i read this:

Before you claim I am a hater, I fit the definition of an "early adopter" of NxT as I bought in 2013.

Later I read this: https://nxtforum.org/general-discussion/bithaus-the-very-first-nxt-fiat-exchange-is-near!/msg17405/#msg17405

5min later I see the price +50%.

Finally I laugh at your FACE.

Cheesy
nextgencoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 02:01:27 PM

And which cryptos, in your considered opinion, do have "real use"?

NxT promotes itself, somewhat, as an innovative platform but there's nothing proprietary in the cryptos - "no patents no money" as VC investors would say.

Only thing you can invest in is the community of a coin.  NxT may have its' own loyal cult-like fanbase but the distribution model otherwise is a deterrent which stops the masses from coming in.  There's also stuff like BCnext fleeing and fireselling all his NxT

That you're an idiot?
TaunSew

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 02:23:04 PM

First i read this:

Later I read this: https://nxtforum.org/general-discussion/bithaus-the-very-first-nxt-fiat-exchange-is-near!/msg17405/#msg17405

Cheesy

Yeah laugh at the new bagholders who are buying into NxT atm.

nextgencoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 02:28:20 PM

First i read this:

Cheesy

Yeah laugh at the new bagholders who are buying into NxT atm.

I bought around this price some months back. I haven't at any point regretted it or thought seriously about selling it even when it was at its lowest.

Its should really be about 10x the price it is now and still you could argue it would be dirt cheap. It was FUD spread by idiots like you that kept a great innovation down cause they didn't make enough money from it.
hiroshi_yamo

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 04:31:22 PM

NXT investor here.

I like NXT because the community is so committed. There's been a few clones since but none of them seem to have a team working as hard on making sure the coin is adopted. I'm not too concerned with short term price fluctuations of this coin because over the long haul, investors will directly reap the benefits of the hard work the community is doing on our behalf Wink

I like XRP for the same reason but I think the NXT team is doing better getting their coin out even without top VC funding.

var53

Activity: 345

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 05:11:06 PM

I bought around this price some months back. I haven't at any point regretted it or thought seriously about selling it even when it was at its lowest.

Its should really be about 10x the price it is now and still you could argue it would be dirt cheap. It was FUD spread by idiots like you that kept a great innovation down cause they didn't make enough money from it.

Bitcoin was similar for early adopters. If you took the short term view of the price you would have sold as soon as it dropped. If you took a long term investment view, ignored price falls and held it for years you would probably be a millionaire by now. Who's to say how much Nxt will be worth in 5 years time. It could easily be some unimaginable amount by today's standards.
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 05:11:54 PM

look at the distribution model, possibly the worst in living memory.

NXT were brought for total of 21 btc between ~73 stakeholders
current valuation~ 71,450 BTC (very short time later)

The big flaw in this whole argument about "distribution" is that it's based more on a toy-throwing-out-of-pram premise than any dispassionate appraisal of the "distribution model".

For example. The argument goes that NxT stakeholders stand to make an X0000000 % gain from their investment and that that's somehow "excessive". Whereas if someone buying a currency that had, say 5000 buy-ins and also made an X0000000 % gain - that would be alright.

The fact is that there isn't anywhere near enough market liquidity in any of these currencies for such gains ever to be realised at the amounts of holdings the original stakeholders had. Thats why it doesn't matter if it's 76 or 7600 original holders - it's like melting 2 big blocks of ice or 20 little ones in a jug of water. It dilutes just the same.

If the envisaged potential market for these cryptos is, say 50 million people, then an initial "distribution" of 5000 doesn't look too great either. That's 0.01% of the market getting the initial stake. Thats the real hypocrisy behind these empty criticisms.
chinabreak123

Activity: 238

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 02:56:39 AM

NXT investor here.

I like NXT because the community is so committed. There's been a few clones since but none of them seem to have a team working as hard on making sure the coin is adopted. I'm not too concerned with short term price fluctuations of this coin because over the long haul, investors will directly reap the benefits of the hard work the community is doing on our behalf Wink

I like XRP for the same reason but I think the NXT team is doing better getting their coin out even without top VC funding.

agree with you,how to choose a coin,i think technology and function are the most improtant.

eXocoin [EXO]-gen 2.0- dev. from scratch! Give-Away | Open Beta
Labteck

Activity: 311

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 04:52:23 AM

when will start the FIAT exchange for NXT??
this gonna be huge

▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████  █████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████  ██████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████  ███████████████████████████████████████
 ▀███████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀
       VIORCOIN[by_conty] ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
████████████████████  █████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████  ██████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████  ███████████████████████████████████████
 ▀███████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀
        Make International Calls
      Cheap and More Secure
evanxxx

Activity: 126

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 06:47:20 AM

We are now in a price correction period after the rising, I think it may last two or three days, then we will see another round of rising.

I could be wrong, but I think most likely I will be right Smiley  though I hope it will hold until my new btc arrives.
evanxxx

Activity: 126

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 07:02:52 AM

when will start the FIAT exchange for NXT??
this gonna be huge

find information here: https://nxtforum.org/index.php?topic=1129.0

The official beta launch will be within 2 weeks time.
ShroomsKit_Disgrace
Legendary

Activity: 952

Yeah! I hate ShroomsKit!

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 07:52:49 AM

Perfect reply by @toknormal yesterday.

Could not agree more.
nextgencoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 08:05:29 AM

look at the distribution model, possibly the worst in living memory.

NXT were brought for total of 21 btc between ~73 stakeholders
current valuation~ 71,450 BTC (very short time later)

The big flaw in this whole argument about "distribution" is that it's based more on a toy-throwing-out-of-pram premise than any dispassionate appraisal of the "distribution model".

For example. The argument goes that NxT stakeholders stand to make an X0000000 % gain from their investment and that that's somehow "excessive". Whereas if someone buying a currency that had, say 5000 buy-ins and also made an X0000000 % gain - that would be alright.

The fact is that there isn't anywhere near enough market liquidity in any of these currencies for such gains ever to be realised at the amounts of holdings the original stakeholders had. Thats why it doesn't matter if it's 76 or 7600 original holders - it's like melting 2 big blocks of ice or 20 little ones in a jug of water. It dilutes just the same.

If the envisaged potential market for these cryptos is, say 50 million people, then an initial "distribution" of 5000 doesn't look too great either. That's 0.01% of the market getting the initial stake. Thats the real hypocrisy behind these empty criticisms.

I've many times tried to explain these points far less eloquently. This should be a sticky or something..

The notion of fair distribution has alway driven me nuts. I mean if the ultimate goal is for a currency to be global and used extensively (coins like NEM do push this idea) then even if everyone who ever used bitcointalk got coins it would still be like .0000001 of the population had all the wealth for free. Even if those who have some a bitcoin today is a tiny fraction of the global population, how is that 'fair'.

The truth is NXT was at a very low price early on, people had a chance to buy cheap who missed the IPO. That fact is swept under the rug by those crying foul.
Isildur23

Activity: 178

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 10:57:22 PM

I don't like the word "explode", but it would deffinitely rise soon because the AE is launching tomorrow and soon the DGS will go live...

Ties are a prison for the soul...
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: