Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 10:12:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Show some love for Charlie Shrem  (Read 1903 times)
Pentax (OP)

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 04:07:25 PM

Something's up with Charlie today.  He tweeted:

Charlie Shrem ‏@CharlieShrem  34m
Big day today, please keep me in your prayers. Thanks for all your support.

Tweet him your support, or post here, if you're so inclined.

"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
roslinpl
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1199

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2014, 04:19:05 PM

Well... I am not sure what I really wish to him. I wish him all best. but really all best. I hope he will become a greater man than before.
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 04:19:32 PM

Charlie Shrem deserves tons of support.
In March of this year he said:
“We’ve seen high-profile politicians mobilizing in order to protect the financial and banking industry,” Shrem said. “The financial and banking industry wants to convince us that it’s only about illegal payments, that it’s about protecting the integrity of the status quo. It’s a pretext. We need to look at the big picture, Bitcoin is about something entirely different.”

LAMarcellus

Activity: 180
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 04:34:40 PM

The only thing Charlie did wrong was not get in bed with a Senator first.

Our system is corrupt here in the U.S. The life blood of our economy, our money, has septicemia.

Irwin Schiff is in the running for what I will someday name my sons. Now Charlie Shrem is being considered as well.

The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion. – Albert Camus
gagalady
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 04:39:06 PM

This man knows alot about bitcoins and all of his information is really important and useful I support him, and wish him good luck.
Chemistry1988
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 04:48:35 PM

Any one know what happened to him today?
redhawk979

Activity: 271
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 05:13:08 PM

Get real, the only reason people are fellating him is because hes big into Bitcoin. He could kill a family and everyone would still suck his d*ck because OMG CHARLIE <3s BITCOIN SO HE GETS A PASS
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2014, 05:34:23 PM

Get real, the only reason people are fellating him is because hes big into Bitcoin. He could kill a family and everyone would still suck his d*ck because OMG CHARLIE <3s BITCOIN SO HE GETS A PASS

I, for one, would have no problem exposing ANY Bitcoiner in the higher hierarchy. Case in point, speaking about sucking dick, Brock Pierce, who's planning on overseeing the new Mt Gox, was accused and jailed for the same thing that Bruce Wagner was accused of, but never charged or jailed. The pressure was so overwhelming at the time that BW opted to leave the community. Now, we're embracing (no pun intended) some dude that's 10s Xs worst in re. the same accusations, not to mentions how he reneged in paying his partner millions while now in bed (figuratively, I'm sure) with one of his ex-rivals who, BTW, is part of the Save Mt Gox makeup (not sure if pun intended or not).

I bet we all can't wait for the day when we overhear strangers talking about a paedo- running that Bitcoin funny money exchange. Don't think for a second it won't happen. Far-fetched? Well, remember those who don't like to use the word fuck penned "Duck Mt Gox!"? Guess what? It happened!

And, you thought Mt Gox I was a laughing stock, wait till you get your fill of K2.
whtchocla7e

Activity: 392
Merit: 116

Worlds Simplest Cryptocurrency Wallet

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 05:37:14 PM

Let this dude Charlie fade into non-existence. Nothing positive can come out of his associating with Bitcoin.

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▃▅▆█ L E A D █▆▅▃▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
World's Simplest and Safest Decentralized Cryptocurrency Wallet!
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ • STORE • SEND • SPEND • SWAP • STAKE • ▬▬▬▬▬▬
Pentax (OP)

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 05:44:13 PM

maybe people have their reasons for thinking he's being turned into a scapegoat or that he's being prosecuted on things that big banks did on a massive scale while the whole world turned a blind eye, and for which none of those folks ended up in front of judge, thus making this prosecution pretty hypocritical.

He's no saint, but he does not seem to be getting a fair shake in our justice system relative to others who walked off on far worse without so much as a day picking up garbage. 

you may disagree, which is fine, although that doesn't change my opinion, mainly because you are seemingly just running a drive by to get a quick self-stroke out of pissing on other people's opinions
Bit_Happy
Legendary

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 06:22:00 PM
Last edit: April 29, 2014, 06:39:28 PM by Bit_Happy

I, for one, would have no problem exposing ANY Bitcoiner in the higher hierarchy. Case in point, speaking about sucking dick, Brock Pierce, who's planning on overseeing the new Mt Gox, was accused and jailed for the same thing that Bruce Wagner was accused of, but never charged or jailed. The pressure was so overwhelming at the time that BW opted to leave the community. Now, we're embracing (no pun intended) some dude that's 10s Xs worst in re. the same accusations, not to mentions how he reneged in paying his partner millions while now in bed (figuratively, I'm sure) with one of his ex-rivals who, BTW, is part of the Save Mt Gox makeup (not sure if pun intended or not).

I bet we all can't wait for the day when we overhear strangers talking about a paedo- running that Bitcoin funny money exchange. Don't think for a second it won't happen. Far-fetched? Well, remember those who don't like to use the word fuck penned "Duck Mt Gox!"? Guess what? It happened!

And, you thought Mt Gox I was a laughing stock, wait till you get your fill of K2.

Brock Pierce, a (former) child Disney movie star, is that the same person?

Edit:
Brock Pierce never faced criminal charges (at least not in this story @the link), but he was named in a civil suit over 12 years ago.
http://articles.latimes.com/2002/may/18/local/me-den18

Now he's ~33 and is this the same guy who might be in charge of Gox?

EDIT #2:
I see it now....same guy.

redhawk979

Activity: 271

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 06:24:48 PM

maybe people have their reasons for thinking he's being turned into a scapegoat or that he's being prosecuted on things that big banks did on a massive scale while the whole world turned a blind eye, and for which none of those folks ended up in front of judge, thus making this prosecution pretty hypocritical.

He's no saint, but he does not seem to be getting a fair shake in our justice system relative to others who walked off on far worse without so much as a day picking up garbage. 

you may disagree, which is fine, although that doesn't change my opinion, mainly because you are seemingly just running a drive by to get a quick self-stroke out of pissing on other people's opinions

Which is true, there are a lot of Wall St types that need to be in jail right now. But some people getting away with this kind of stuff isn't grounds for letting everyone get away with it, hypocritical or not.
@ThisWeeksCoin

Activity: 196

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2014, 06:27:28 PM

The only bad thing about Charlie is his addiction.

He's one of the smartest actors out there. He can expose many people who're going against humanity.

If media connect him with Bitcoin, guess what's gonna happen.

"Charlie Sheen buying drugs with Bitcoins. Blah, blah"

I just love that man.

EDIT: Yeah, drugs are bad. You can see by yourself. Smiley

╔═══════════════════════════════════════╗
= Altcoin creation, promotion & giveaways =
╚═══════════════════════════════════════╝
Bit_Happy
Legendary

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 06:28:22 PM

He's one of the smartest actors out there. He can expose many people who're going against humanity.

I just love that man.

Charlie Shrem not Charlie Sheen.  Smiley

@ThisWeeksCoin

Activity: 196

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2014, 06:31:18 PM

I just love that man.

Charlie Shrem not Charlie Sheen.  Smiley
I must stop hanging with Charlie Sheen.

Sorry, lol, my bad

╔═══════════════════════════════════════╗
= Altcoin creation, promotion & giveaways =
╚═══════════════════════════════════════╝
Koko

Activity: 294

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 06:35:12 PM

Charlie Sheen AND Emilio Eztevez in the same thread! WHAT DOES IT MEAN?!
Pentax (OP)

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 06:44:27 PM

Which is true, there are a lot of Wall St types that need to be in jail right now. But some people getting away with this kind of stuff isn't grounds for letting everyone get away with it, hypocritical or not.

no, I agree that just because others got away with it doesn't give Charlie a pass if he is indeed guilty of laundering.  

I still do have to wonder if it's fair to stick this guy in jail for this and destroy his life if the same isn't being done to others.  HSBC moved a reported minimum of 880 million in known drug money, and had Mexico in it’s lowest risk category, allowing 670 billion to be excluded from the the monitoring system in place to prevent laundering.  So, somewhere between 880 million and 670 billion moved and nobody went to jail.  nobody was even arrested on that, as far as I know.

I see the flaw in my own logic on that, but do think he's getting dragged through the mud to be made an example of.  what the motivation is for that is anyone's guess I suppose, although I don't think the guy should end up in jail for this.
roslinpl
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1199

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2014, 08:33:38 PM

Charlie Sheen AND Emilio Eztevez in the same thread! WHAT DOES IT MEAN?!

What does it mean?? You know what does it mean? Or you want to know? Smiley

Anyway Sheen, Shreen Smiley what the difference...  Grin
stdset

Activity: 572
Merit: 506

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 09:57:25 PM

I used to use his service: Bitinstant. A couple of times I contacted their support and him personally. That was positive experience. From what I know he is a honest businessman.
I wish him all the best.

keithers
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001

This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 10:01:51 PM

I wish him the best of luck, but when you are facing charges and your opponent is the US Gov't, your chances are so slim.   The odds are already stacked against you because the judge (who is supposed to be impartial), chooses what evidence and information is admissible, and often times, the jury does not even get the entire picture.   They get to hear what the judge wants them to hear.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: