Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 01:49:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bank of China & China Construction Bank announces bitcoin ban today 4/30/14  (Read 2416 times)
windjc
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1070

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 09:33:39 PM

Is everyone in here ignorant, only focused on price speculation, and doesn't actually analyze and research anything about what they're talking about?  Every Chinese bank that makes their required public statement, now I hear posters here chime in with "o noez more bs china fud. when will they stop'. Really? The Caixin news required that EVERY Chinese bank involved make a public statement that they would not provide services to bitcoin related accounts. So now obviously you will see several (or dozens) of PRs, all from banks individually complying with this statement. They are not all 'another china ban pr', they are not 'bans', and it is not 'fud'. Grow up and get educated about what you are actually talking about.

I do agree that there are going to be more announcements. And I think the market will shrug them off more and more.

Until the exchanges confirm. Then the markets are going to react. That will be the "official" meaningful announcements.

The exchanges are right now mute as they don't want to lose anymore customers as necessary.
nioc
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1008

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 10:15:54 PM

The reason some of us replied as we did was because of the following statement by the OP.

i believe bank of china was the last remaining bank transfer option for btc china.

This makes it sound like more than one more bank's obligatory statement.

But yes we are waiting for the end game, if indeed there even is one.
Pepin

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 04:29:13 AM

I made a bank transfer to BTC China late yesterday afternoon just before my bank closed. Money posted to my account and coins successfully bought.
yomofo (OP)

Activity: 157
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 11:33:40 AM

I made a bank transfer to BTC China late yesterday afternoon just before my bank closed. Money posted to my account and coins successfully bought.

proof?  what bank would defy the PBOC orders?

Pepin

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 01:38:24 PM

I know it isn't proof proof, but I don't want to give anything away that could possibly make it more annoying for me to buy bitcoins.

http://i58.tinypic.com/mb0p08.jpg
chunglam
Donator

Activity: 229
Merit: 106

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 02:08:23 PM

I also made deposit to BTCC through bank transfer today. I think it still available until 10 May.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: