Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 04:59:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Crypto question - looking for simple messaging app.  (Read 247 times)
zeetubes (OP)

Activity: 371
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 03:07:50 PM

I need something simple for sending private messages. But I don't want the output to look like private or encrypted email. I'm in no way a crypto expert but I've tried a couple of the mainstream programs out there and for my purposes they're way overkill, but even worse, any casual eavesdropper would know I'm sending an encrypted message. What I would like to find is a simple client that would let me specify both the key (also plain text which I then place in the message subject header or wherever) and the output text. Example: Dave is at work and wants to send a private message to Tom.

Original message: Dude, last night I banged the Manager's admin.

Key (and message subject): Report

Output message: Tom, can you send me the Q1 report for company X

Tom receives the Output message, decodes it with the key "Report" because he knows I really couldn't give a fuck about any reports, and now reads the original message.

Is this possible? I'm not talking about using this for sending something like a copy of a private key -- I can use a high end package for that. This would be just simple messages/dirty jokes/comments about the HR chick's rack etc that I don't want those nosy types in IT to intercept. This way I could send something innocuous looking via gmail or the work email and even if I sent it to the wrong recipient it wouldn't matter. 
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: