Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 12:24:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin h8r I have a special understanding of why a lot of people don't like it.  (Read 478 times)
hackjack (OP)

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 01:08:24 PM

I used to be a Bitcoin hater. I would mock the people who bought them and classify them as "neck beards living in their parent's basement". I would take joy in price drops and laugh when people started selling crazy like idiots running for there lives.

Then it hit me. I didn't hate Bitcoin, I hated that I didn't know anything about it. I heard terms like mining, private keys, and cryptography, and became overwhelmed. Hoping that bitcoin would fail was a lot easier then learning about how it actually works. Ignorance was bliss for me.

This is why I suspect that a lot of people denounce Bitcoin. People don't have a clear understanding of how it works. I've spent the last week reading up on bitcoin, and now that I have a clearer understanding of it, my opinion has changed 180 degrees. I even downloaded my first wallet and am planning to use to buy my first coins. Now I can contribute to Bitcoin's ascendance, rather than hope for its downfall.

The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sana8410

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 01:34:56 PM

In my experience very few people hate Bitcoin. Most of those deemed "haters" by the Bitcoin community only hate the community.

I don't blame them, cause I love Bitcoin but would love that most of the self-centered armchair libertarians playing like they got their own gold backed standard back shut up and got forced surgical castration performed on them by the government.

RENT MY SIG FOR A DAY
Whitehouse

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 01:37:06 PM

I'm sure you'll start hating again once the price doesnt rise or you lose them somehow lol.

bitsmichel

Activity: 518

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 03:28:57 PM

I'm sure you'll start hating again once the price doesnt rise or you lose them somehow lol.

China wants to buy cheaper so spread some rumors. Price will rise soon  Smiley

noviapriani

Activity: 350

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 07:33:37 PM

People hate it because the act of mining is utterly worthless and a waste of resources. They hate it because regardless of what proponents say it is deflationary and not effective long term as a currency. They hate it because the concentration of large holders is unappealing.
Then others hate it because right now anyway it is unstable.

bitsmichel

Activity: 518

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 12:16:23 AM

I think part of it is really a lack of understanding. From the outsider with no technical knowledge, all they see is the price going up and down, and the television spreading propaganda. I talked with people who thought bitcoin was complicated, as well as a few others. Most of them use bitcoin now.  Usually the first site they read is not a bitcoin fourm as http://bitcointalk.org or a bitcoin news site as bitprize.org  Smiley

frankenmint
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1018

HoneybadgerOfMoney.com Weed4bitcoin.com

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2014, 08:15:06 AM

People hate it because the act of mining is utterly worthless and a waste of resources. They hate it because regardless of what proponents say it is deflationary and not effective long term as a currency. They hate it because the concentration of large holders is unappealing.
Then others hate it because right now anyway it is unstable.

These 'bagholders' ought to think of Laszlo Hanyecz next time around - without him you probably wouldn't be in bitcoin.

zolace

Activity: 364

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 09:03:57 AM

This is most of it I think. People tend to attack what they don't understand and is different than the norm they are used to, which is called normalcy bias.
There does exist a barrier in that Bitcoin is so totally alien in concept to the fiat money they have used their whole lives. Though to be fair, most people don't know how our current monetary system works either.
But I am glad you took the time to look into it more, welcome to the gang

⚂⚄ Pocket Dice — Real dice experienceProvably Fair
Free BTC Faucet
⚅⚁
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
dbshck
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 2440
Merit: 1616

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 12:02:06 PM

" People fear what they don't understand and hate what they can't conquer. "- Andrew Smith

Cheesy

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Tedward

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 12:03:55 PM

" People fear what they don't understand and hate what they can't conquer. "- Andrew Smith

Cheesy

I think thats a perfect quote to describe bitcoin haters  Cheesy
sana8410

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 02:39:37 PM

Cheesy
I think part of the "hate" is that it's perceived as being heavily promoted by a lot of people who want to get rich from doing relatively little work, whilst most of society is slogging away at work to get bills paid. The sad reality is that there's truth in that. This leads to genuine benefits being disregarded or not looked into.

RENT MY SIG FOR A DAY
gagalady
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 04:23:45 PM

I never hated or repel bitcoin, I was always with him, in a good times and in a bad times, always with him.
noviapriani

Activity: 350

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 09:48:03 AM

it's natural for people to fear what they don't understand

counter

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

Time is on our side, yes it is!

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 10:16:44 AM

Because the were dropped on their heads at a young age.  Or maybe because they have a learning disability?
bitgeek

Activity: 462
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 03:24:37 PM

Because the were dropped on their heads at a young age.  Or maybe because they have a learning disability?
Some people don't like puppies and kittens and prefer to put them in a bag and drown or leave in the woods. Some people are just fucked up Sad

███████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████