Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 10:43:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 [332] 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 ... 532 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Closed Thread  (Read 677630 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
yambad

Activity: 120
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 05:07:36 PM

Hi guys

I need the help of the community.
Yesterday I wanted to buy some nodes off exchange because I wanted to pay with NXT and came to an agreement with the user DynohoSts, member 883 in the initial member list. (account 14854211854869071145 ), having some NODE stakes from the beginning.
I already did some transactions with this guy in the past but now it seems he has scammed me.
Yesterday I sent him 12000 NXT to his NXT account NXT-PZVD-HHW3-ZMD4-67G3Y (transaction ID 13225764614886323520).
It seems he immediately transferred it to his BTER NXT account NXT-LVKY-Q9KY-5Q2Z-AV9JA.
He doesn't answer anymore on pm's through the forum and hasn't been active anymore since yesterday on the forum.
However, he has been very active in his BTER account. Check : I hope there will be an explanation for it but I fear he run of with my NXT.
Is there someone in the community who can help me regarding this issue?
The link to his bitcointalk profile :
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=207455
It would be nice to see a strong community helping out each other!

Thanks

Hello.

I'm not sure if this is actually the same person that you traded with the 1st time
because there were a series of phishing attempts in this forum not long time ago and lot of senior member accounts were hacked.
So this account could be also compromised now and under control of a hacker.
You could add to this profile a negative trust level so that other people don't get cheated.

You could try to write to BTER to block the amount there like they did when Klee was hacked
for millions of NXT but don't know they will do this without any proof.  Undecided

Calm 12,000 NXT = almost nothing!

Klee was 1170BTC
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kevinkk525

Activity: 175

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 05:08:05 PM

What's going on with ID: 11363936448759590364

They are sending nodes back and forth and gaining activity to forge blocks. It almost seems they are getting the fee back to theire own by the forges. is this right?

If you look at http://nodemoney.com:19775/blockchainexpl/ with the ID: 11363936448759590364
See that they've gotten 7 foreges in the last 25 blocks.

What you guys think, good or bad?

He/She is hoping to catch other transactions up in the flurry of their own this strategy will work really well for them while the market is small and noone else is competing with them but as soon as the pool grows or more people decide to compete with them they will start loosing. I thought about getting in while the trade pool is small but mathematically with each person this tactic get's worse, better not to get caught in the rat race. Buy cheap and hold. Also when the pool grows getting a forge will be more like winning the lottery, rare but a good pay out. I don't tink forging should be looked upon as a profit center and I think that was the developers intention.

Those are mine accounts. I've reported about it to Silk already. He said pretty much the same what jwilford said. When it get bigger it will be lottery. Plus they are going to present some additional fixes as well.

I wasn't the first one who started it by the way. Just saw how others doing it. And experimented myself.

Once again it is possible now because of small amount of active peers. Plus only me and some others trying to exploit it. So why not? The sooner more people will try to do it the better.

Because of this behavior people will hate PoA.. Thanks a lot! Before this stupid actions started, I forged blocks only by having my wallet open and now I get nothing.. very funny. Hopefully devs have a good idea to prevent this in the future, not by hoping that enough greedy persons try the same.
sava0123

Activity: 393
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 05:11:56 PM

They are sending nodes back and forth and gaining activity to forge blocks. It almost seems they are getting the fee back to theire own by the forges. is this right?

If you look at http://nodemoney.com:19775/blockchainexpl/ with the ID: 11363936448759590364

He/She is hoping to catch other transactions up in the flurry of their own this strategy will work really well for them while the market is small and noone else is competing with them but as soon as the pool grows or more people decide to compete with them they will start loosing. I thought about getting in while the trade pool is small but mathematically with each person this tactic get's worse, better not to get caught in the rat race. Buy cheap and hold. Also when the pool grows getting a forge will be more like winning the lottery, rare but a good pay out. I don't tink forging should be looked upon as a profit center and I think that was the developers intention.

Those are mine accounts. I've reported about it to Silk already. He said pretty much the same what jwilford said. When it get bigger it will be lottery. Plus they are going to present some additional fixes as well.

I wasn't the first one who started it by the way. Just saw how others doing it. And experimented myself.

Once again it is possible now because of small amount of active peers. Plus only me and some others trying to exploit it. So why not? The sooner more people will try to do it the better.

Because of this behavior people will hate PoA.. Thanks a lot! Before this stupid actions started, I forged blocks only by having my wallet open and now I get nothing.. very funny. Hopefully devs have a good idea to prevent this in the future, not by hoping that enough greedy persons try the same.

Like it or not it is possible. And it will be exploited.
koop4u (OP)

Activity: 308

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 05:12:17 PM

You might have a point, there was a big phishing wave, and it could happen to this guy as well!

Hello.

I'm not sure if this is actually the same person that you traded with the 1st time
because there were a series of phishing attempts in this forum not long time ago and lot of senior member accounts were hacked.
So this account could be also compromised now and under control of a hacker.
You could add to this profile a negative trust level so that other people don't get cheated.

You could try to write to BTER to block the amount there like they did when Klee was hacked
for millions of NXT but don't know they will do this without any proof.  Undecided

There is a possibility, i will ask Skill to help on this matter!

Is there a possibility to track his IP and other data in order to verify if he has multiple accounts?

Best regards

funnynews

Activity: 278

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 05:13:42 PM

Bug in POA???

sava0123

Activity: 393

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 05:21:58 PM

Bug in POA???

Not bug.

Just because of small amount of active peers and trasactions one can try luck and immitate activity to gain points for blocks forging.

Now it is working pretty good. Later will be much harder.
cryptillian

Activity: 128

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 05:31:29 PM

lol @ i opened my wallet and did nothing and got free coins now it doesnt happen anymore  Cheesy it,s called ACTIVITY right  Roll Eyes
romawi

Activity: 476

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 05:34:17 PM

Bug in POA???

Not bug.

Just because of small amount of active peers and trasactions one can try luck and immitate activity to gain points for blocks forging.

Now it is working pretty good. Later will be much harder.

Its working now and its not cheating. Everybody can do the same. I have not enough Nodes to do and i dont like it. But there is no reason to insult people.

extrabyte
Legendary

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 05:34:47 PM

It looks like BTC is hard to triple its price in a year.
Node can.
No one can say any certain thing about the future
jwilford

Activity: 123

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 05:35:30 PM

It's not going to matter if they do or not. If this becomes widely adopted keeping your node open will still be just as effective as it is now. POA was meant to take the competition out of forging and let people maintain the network by just spending their money. That is a good thing for the price of NODE because that let's everyone get a stake not just the high profile people. NODE was meant to encourage adoption which will drive up the price and make your 500k worth something. I keep my node open just to add to the network but keeping your node open will never be a profit center. It is kind of one right now for the whales but that won't last long. After that is over there will be no more rat races to forge and people can start using it like they do any other money. If you came thinking you could forge your way to wealth you got the wrong idea. That will NEVER happen. If anything you are at risk by keeping your node open because if someone hacks/steals your computer they can take your NODE. Like I said before the only reason I keep mine open is to add to the network.

On a separate issue I think we should adopt a nomenclature to separate the coins from the network nodes. I have been using "NODE" or "nodecoin" for the coins and "node" or "Node" for the network nodes. Anyone have any better suggestions?
jwilford

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 05:38:23 PM

It looks like BTC is hard to triple its price in a year.
Node can.
No one can say any certain thing about the future

I've been watching that. Right now NODEs price is tied hard to BTC. That is good news for NODE. I would recommend against dumping NODE for BTC if BTC shows signs of rising since it is tied so hard you should win either way. Once NODE starts to separate itself invest as you see fit.
cryptillian

Activity: 128

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 05:53:50 PM

i think you have a good point and this is planned by the creators
GreenDude

Activity: 531
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 05:54:11 PM

I think is not tied at all... Node started to rise because we got rid of dumpers and marketing started. After marketing started NODE started growing. Before that even if BTC was up or down NODE did whatever it wanted. Thanks to marketing people is knowing about NODE and community is growing.. marketing campaign started about a week ago and NODE has been around for  atleast 6 months.. not tied at all to BTC.. is growing thanks to itself, features and a very recent marketing.
jwilford

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 06:03:15 PM

I think is not tied at all... Node started to rise because we get rid of dumpers and marketing started. After marketing started NODE started growing. Before that even if BTC was up or down NODE did whatever it wanted. Thanks to marketing people is knowing about NODE and community is growing.. marketing campaign started about a week ago and NODE has been around for  atleast 6 months.. not tied at all to BTC.. is growing thanks to itself, features and a very recent marketing.
I don't think the growth is tied to BTC but when you evaluate the price of a NODE do you say it is worth $0.000564733 or 130 Satoshi. I think the growth is great and is for the reason you said but it is growing against BTC not USD if you looked at growth against USD this thing would be growing even harder.
GreenDude

Activity: 531
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 06:04:44 PM

I think is not tied at all... Node started to rise because we get rid of dumpers and marketing started. After marketing started NODE started growing. Before that even if BTC was up or down NODE did whatever it wanted. Thanks to marketing people is knowing about NODE and community is growing.. marketing campaign started about a week ago and NODE has been around for  atleast 6 months.. not tied at all to BTC.. is growing thanks to itself, features and a very recent marketing.
I don't think the growth is tied to BTC but when you evaluate the price of a NODE do you say it is worth $0.000564733 or 130 Satoshi. I think the growth is great and is for the reason you said but it is growing against BTC not USD if you looked at growth against USD this thing would be growing even harder.

There u have a point Smiley
extrabyte
Legendary

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 06:23:16 PM

seems that a bot is trying to keep down at 140 sat
jwilford

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 06:28:28 PM

We're about to hit a sell wall. I hope the price holds and some buy orders start to build otherwise the price may become very rocky. Not ideal for attracting good long term investors. We have enough day traders already.  Undecided
extrabyte
Legendary

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 06:34:03 PM

yes, but when the king (btc) rises ...
in fact the actual gain node was over 100% in one day Cool
PhilipMorris

Activity: 364

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 07:09:36 PM

Do you guys think its still a good time to scoop up some Nodes? Or wait for a dip?
fedoralite

Activity: 548
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 07:12:26 PM

Do you guys think its still a good time to scoop up some Nodes? Or wait for a dip?

Yes, as long as the developers have not started promoting
After that the price will rise above 200-300
Pages: « 1 ... 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 [332] 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 ... 532 »
  Print  

Jump to: