Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 10:20:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 [369] 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 ... 532 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Closed Thread  (Read 677630 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
starik69
Legendary

Activity: 1367
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 30, 2014, 12:27:15 PM

wallet not syncing, any solutions?

block 4595 here.

If it gets stuck just close and reopen.

I ran the Linux version on a vps and no problem.

My linux vps node finally crashed after it was stuck for two days  Cry

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
threedream

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

Stand up , Stand up , Stand up !

View Profile
November 30, 2014, 12:54:39 PM

50$ Volume in 24 hours... So boring  Angry

Next three months will remain in this volume

I have to get back all the lost .
3x2
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1004

View Profile
November 30, 2014, 12:57:56 PM

50$ Volume in 24 hours... So boring  Angry

Next three months will remain in this volume
Better than P&D. it takes time to get more people involved.
lcharles123
Legendary

Activity: 1697
Merit: 1074

View Profile
November 30, 2014, 01:14:26 PM

Hi all!
Vote for koop4u!

Vote up for Koop4u , https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=590421.0 , http://nodecoin.com/

He answers all relevant questions in your thead,  dev very attentive!

You have limited power here. -"Bitcoin on Governments"
Nodeclub

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2014, 05:03:30 PM
Last edit: November 30, 2014, 05:21:05 PM by Nodeclub

Due to numerous requests of Node community we have decided to reveal some secrets of network architecture and structure of queries and interactions before the end of beta.

The main secret of transaction speed is in the structure of Node network which is designed according to the principle of functioning and interconnections of brain neural network.

All nodes in the system are peers similar to brain neurons.
Ordinary nodes serve as input neurons, the main nodes play the role of hidden neurons. Blockchain this output neuron.

Node network includes the main nodes and ordinary nodes.

Main node is a client running on the server via a key (start index.js -key: examplekey), ordinary node are the same clients running without a key.
Number of main nodes is mathematically unlimited.

Main node takes over 10,000 connections. If you run the client and first main node already has 10,000 connections than the client connects to the next main node.

Ordinary nodes are connected to the main node and to the several other connected nodes through the main node. The main nodes primarily interact with each other.

For quick transaction the client needs to keep connection with one main node and with several ordinary nodes. There's enough 2-10 connections for fast work.
If the transaction is committed by main node and by several ordinary nodes it is enough to fix the transaction by the entire network via priority communication of main nodes.

Thus, the client does not need to keep the simultaneous multiparty connection with all other network clients to sync transaction.

Kind Regards to all Nodepeople,
Nodelab

Node Dev Team
patmast3r

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 30, 2014, 05:08:18 PM

Due to numerous requests of Node community we have decided to reveal some secrets of network architecture and structure of queries and interactions before the end of the beta.

The main secret of transaction speed is in the structure of Node network which is designed according to the principle of functioning and interconnections of brain neural network.

Ordinary nodes serve as input neurons, the main nodes play the role of hidden neurons. Blockchain this output neuron.

*image*

Main node is a client running on the server via a key (start index.js -key: examplekey), ordinary node are the same clients running without a key.

Main node takes over 10,000 connections. If you run the client and first main node already has 10,000 connections than the client connects to the next main node.

Ordinary nodes are connected to the main node and with several other connected nodes through the main node. The main nodes primarily interact with each other.

*image*

For quick transaction the client needs to keep connection with one main node and with several ordinary nodes. There's enough 2-10 connections for fast work.
If the transaction is committed by main node and several ordinary nodes it is enough to fix the transaction by the entire network via priority communication of main nodes.

Thus, the client does not need to keep the simultaneous multiparty connection with all other network clients to sync transaction.

I'm glad someone that is able to speak proper english steps up and explains the infrastructure. I really don't mean to offend anyone but it was about time Smiley

This is completely different from what we were told though. On first glance this doesn't look fully decentralized. I'm not against distributed (as oppsosed to decentralized) networks as I'm also a supporter of the technology behind Ripple but this is just completely different from what has been presented so far (lord knows the whitepaper didn't mention any of this). I guess the language barrier is taking it's toll afterall.

Thanks for posting this !

LemonAndFries

Activity: 462

View Profile
November 30, 2014, 05:18:30 PM

wallet not syncing, any solutions?

block 4595 here.

If it gets stuck just close and reopen.

I ran the Linux version on a vps and no problem.

The problem is with windows 8.1 where once it verifies the blocks it doesn't go beyond the "Loading..." screen.
I tried restarting it and erasing nxtlt.db and nxtltTx.db along with replacing it with the one provided but it will still not load the new blocks.

I run into the same problem, which got solved by leaving the client on for a long time after deleting those files (with the "Loading..." screen visible)

I've left it on overnight and nothing.

I restart and it always restarts from block 3904 or if I erase the nxtlt.db and nxtltTx.db it never downloads the blocks, it just goes straight to "loading..." screen and stays there.
hypersire

Activity: 596
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 30, 2014, 06:22:43 PM

Due to numerous requests of Node community we have decided to reveal some secrets of network architecture and structure of queries and interactions before the end of the beta.

*image*

Ordinary nodes are connected to the main node and with several other connected nodes through the main node. The main nodes primarily interact with each other.

*image*

If the transaction is committed by main node and several ordinary nodes it is enough to fix the transaction by the entire network via priority communication of main nodes.

I'm glad someone that is able to speak proper english steps up and explains the infrastructure. I really don't mean to offend anyone but it was about time Smiley

This is completely different from what we were told though. On first glance this doesn't look fully decentralized. I'm not against distributed (as oppsosed to decentralized) networks as I'm also a supporter of the technology behind Ripple but this is just completely different from what has been presented so far (lord knows the whitepaper didn't mention any of this). I guess the language barrier is taking it's toll afterall.

I'd argue that it is less of a case of language barriers, and more of a case of "NEM bias" (AKA "looking out for my own bag itis") that pretty much everyone who comes to this thread screaming "scam", "centralized", "not scalable", etc is suffering from.

How exactly is this centralized? Did the devs say that the "main" nodes are only going to be run by them? Did the Node team incorporate themselves? Does the dev team hold 80% of the Nodes in existence?

Attempting to call Node another Ripple is nothing more than FUD.
Longclaw

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 30, 2014, 06:27:47 PM

EDIT: Was trying to install NodeCoin on Raspberry Pi but I have now found the link below and got it working!

Found this - https://github.com/nodepay/Docs/blob/master/Instructions.md

What version node.js did you install?  I read that you have to use a version with the "linux-arm-pi" in its name.  I'm looking on the http://nodejs.org/dist/ site.  The latest with the "linux-arm-pi" name is v0.10.28, but the github doc says it uses dependencies v0.10.29+ 

Or, do you know of a v0.10.29+ for linux-arm-pi located somewhere else?

Also, how much node have you been able to forge?
patmast3r

View Profile
November 30, 2014, 06:32:11 PM

*image*

*image*

I'd argue that it is less of a case of language barriers, and more of a case of "NEM bias" (AKA "looking out for my own bag itis") that pretty much everyone who comes to this thread screaming "scam", "centralized", "not scalable", etc is suffering from.

How exactly is this centralized? Did the devs say that the "main" nodes are only going to be run by them? Did the Node team incorporate themselves? Does the dev team hold 80% of the Nodes in existence?

Point me to the posting where i stated any of that. thanks.
I even said that I support distributed systems. Do you even read peoples posts before attacking them ? I think you are suffering from NODE bias as opposed to others suffering from NEM bias.

hypersire

View Profile
November 30, 2014, 06:50:47 PM

*image*

*image*

Point me to the posting where i stated any of that. thanks.
I even said that I support distributed systems. Do you even read peoples posts before attacking them ? I think you are suffering from NODE bias as opposed to others suffering from NEM bias.

Sure thing, here you go:

On first glance this doesn't look fully decentralized.

Oh noes, it's centralized! Subtle.

I'm not against distributed (as oppsosed to decentralized) networks as I'm also a supporter of the technology behind Ripple

Nice attempt to link Node to Ripple, one of the most centralized, hated cryptos out there.

but this is just completely different from what has been presented so far (lord knows the whitepaper didn't mention any of this).

The original whitepaper did not provide details on this aspect, so not sure how things changed exactly.

I guess the language barrier is taking it's toll afterall.

And a nice final jab to close.

Please don't pretend you wish to provide constructive criticism and help Node succeed, you aren't fooling anyone.
patmast3r

View Profile
November 30, 2014, 06:59:22 PM

Sure thing, here you go:

Centralized and not decentralized are 2 different things. I explicitely said distributed which is exaclty what it is. Or rather what it seems to be according to the graphic.

I'm not against distributed (as oppsosed to decentralized) networks as I'm also a supporter of the technology behind Ripple

Nice attempt to link Node to Ripple, one of the most centralized, hated cryptos out there.

As I said I support Ripple. And the fact that it's hated is because people are missinformed. The fact that this setup is similar is undeniable. It's not a bad thing. It's just a fact. Just like in ripple there are "main nodes" - ripple calles it "validators" - that are doing the actuall validation. Just like in Ripple anyone can run such a node.

but this is just completely different from what has been presented so far (lord knows the whitepaper didn't mention any of this).

The original whitepaper did not provide details on this aspect, so not sure how things changed exactly.

Please don't pretend you wish to provide constructive criticism and help Node succeed, you aren't fooling anyone.

I guess I can't post here without people putting words in my mouth. Fine. I'll remove this from my watchlist then.

LemonAndFries

View Profile
November 30, 2014, 07:09:55 PM

can someone upload nxtlt.db and nxtltTX.db because my wallet keeps getting stuck at 3904.

I've tried everything I can think of and nothing has worked.
NetUser

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2014, 07:24:56 PM

can someone upload nxtlt.db and nxtltTX.db because my wallet keeps getting stuck at 3904.

Download It

http://i052.radikal.ru/1411/44/af256f11835e.png
whitecloud

Activity: 450

View Profile
November 30, 2014, 07:26:22 PM

maybe firewall block it ?
whitecloud

View Profile
November 30, 2014, 07:27:07 PM

Due to numerous requests of Node community we have decided to reveal some secrets of network architecture and structure of queries and interactions before the end of beta.

Ordinary nodes are connected to the main node and to the several other connected nodes through the main node. The main nodes primarily interact with each other.

If the transaction is committed by main node and by several ordinary nodes it is enough to fix the transaction by the entire network via priority communication of main nodes.

Kind Regards to all Nodepeople,
Nodelab

thanks for explanation!
3x2
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1004

View Profile
November 30, 2014, 07:28:16 PM
Last edit: November 30, 2014, 07:41:57 PM by 3x2

@Nodeclub thanks for the explnation and @pat love to read your posts so dont leave this thread  Cheesy
hypersire

View Profile
November 30, 2014, 07:30:33 PM

Sure thing, here you go:

Centralized and not decentralized are 2 different things. I explicitely said distributed which is exaclty what it is. Or rather what it seems to be according to the graphic.

As I said I support Ripple. And the fact that it's hated is because people are missinformed. The fact that this setup is similar is undeniable. It's not a bad thing. It's just a fact. Just like in ripple there are "main nodes" - ripple calles it "validators" - that are doing the actuall validation. Just like in Ripple anyone can run such a node.

I guess I can't post here without people putting words in my mouth. Fine. I'll remove this from my watchlist then.

Constructive criticism is always welcome here but I think you would be hard pressed to argue that is what you are providing. For example, looking at your post history, I see your last post regarding Node before today was:

For this and need a version and a persistent network connection with all clients. The old client will not be able to connect to new clients, and if we disable version checking and network, you will create a new network and a new blockchcain. All clients are interconnected with each other and are on the same network wave. When You make a transaction it instantly got all clients. (it's like FM radio wave, You won't be able to log in to the live broadcast or substitute audio data) and in the Node You will not be able to create a fake block. We also tomorrow I will try to answer more about networking and connecting with clients, many people think the bigger the network, the slower it will be, but it's not. Enough to be connected to the main peers to other peers clients (maximum 2 to 50 connections at a time )

Are you saying there are some peers that are more important than other peers ?

To which Silk responded:

For this and need a version and a persistent network connection with all clients. The old client will not be able to connect to new clients, and if we disable version checking and network, you will create a new network and a new blockchcain. All clients are interconnected with each other and are on the same network wave. When You make a transaction it instantly got all clients. (it's like FM radio wave, You won't be able to log in to the live broadcast or substitute audio data) and in the Node You will not be able to create a fake block. We also tomorrow I will try to answer more about networking and connecting with clients, many people think the bigger the network, the slower it will be, but it's not. Enough to be connected to the main peers to other peers clients (maximum 2 to 50 connections at a time )

Are you saying there are some peers that are more important than other peers ?

Any peers can be important if we will make it in the default client settings

Sure, the English isn't the best but I think it is pretty obvious that he is saying ANY peer can be an "important" or "main" Node.

So not sure why you would ask the same question again.
whitecloud

View Profile
November 30, 2014, 07:36:49 PM

pastmast3r: from my personal point of view, you're welcome!
and if possibly scare someone on here, the better - I have time to buy node at a lower price!  Grin
LemonAndFries

View Profile
November 30, 2014, 07:56:32 PM

maybe firewall block it ?

nope, firewall is letting it through.

The client doesn't even attempt to download the blocks when I erase nxtlt.db and nxtltTx.db .
Pages: « 1 ... 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 [369] 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 ... 532 »
  Print  

Jump to: