Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 11:29:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... 79 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][UVC] UniversityCoin | UniversityCoin.Org - Pure PoS | 9M coins mined  (Read 135268 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
jollyriffic

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 02:05:20 AM

Hi, I'm an admin from coins4everyone.com.
From what binaryclock at dedicatedpool observed, somebody started mining 2 mn before yesterday's launch, and got something like 30 blocks in those 2mn.

I have not seen any finger pointing about the culprit, but I will...
be pointing to me... that might be my fault. I've checked my log, and it appears that I launched the pool's stratum at :58 instead of :00 (talking about minutes).
So, I might be culprit on that part.

In order to get your paranoia down, I wasn't trying to steal, or to cheat. Our pool is running for quite some time, and we are establishing our reputation with honnesty and dedicated service to our miners and coin dev.
If I was trying to cheat, I would have got 1 block in advance. That's really not worth the reputation. After realizing my error, I was ready to make it up to the dev, by, for example, giving back twice the amount "stealed" to the community.

The reason why the stratum was launched too early is pretty stupid. I usually take my time when compiling a wallet for a launch (to check some stuff, like a hidden obvious trojan, and to be sure that I made no mistake), and I end up starting the wallet 10 mn after the launch. Well.. it appeared that, I was way faster yesterday. When I launched the stratum, I assumed it was around :05 or :10, instead of :58.

As binaryclock also stated, the coin could have survived a 30 block steal (which should have been 1 or 2 blocks) even if it was not fair (and it wasn't), what it didn't survive was the error in the diff adjustement that provoked the instamine of 5% of the whole amount of UVC.

I came clean about that to the dev, just after I had time to analyze my log file this morning, and apologize for the error, but got no answer so far.

I know that people get stressed out during a launch. They get very sensitive. rage, and get their suspicion up very easily.
If you look at it with a little perspective, this wasn't a scam coin, and nobody tried (or at least succeeded) to steal anything.
It was just mistake committed from the dev and a pool admin.

You can rest assured that on my part, that won't happen again.

Cheer's and long live to UVC!

i had to, Tongue

UVC: Uc4hCM76fL8iQWgDJE34QA6hrnp2rGTq43    
EMC2: EKwkYKT6LE79ywhKhQtgqkbzcDhzRoB5kP   LTC: LZ7ffsTS93pR5cSZ9KMQMVunkEHRtPrZn9   

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
lvyuan95

Activity: 196

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 02:06:45 AM

From what binaryclock at dedicatedpool observed, somebody started mining 2 mn before yesterday's launch, and got something like 30 blocks in those 2mn.

be pointing to me... that might be my fault. I've checked my log, and it appears that I launched the pool's stratum at :58 instead of :00 (talking about minutes).

In order to get your paranoia down, I wasn't trying to steal, or to cheat. Our pool is running for quite some time, and we are establishing our reputation with honnesty and dedicated service to our miners and coin dev.
If I was trying to cheat, I would have got 1 block in advance. That's really not worth the reputation. After realizing my error, I was ready to make it up to the dev, by, for example, giving back twice the amount "stealed" to the community.

The reason why the stratum was launched too early is pretty stupid. I usually take my time when compiling a wallet for a launch (to check some stuff, like a hidden obvious trojan, and to be sure that I made no mistake), and I end up starting the wallet 10 mn after the launch. Well.. it appeared that, I was way faster yesterday. When I launched the stratum, I assumed it was around :05 or :10, instead of :58.

As binaryclock also stated, the coin could have survived a 30 block steal (which should have been 1 or 2 blocks) even if it was not fair (and it wasn't), what it didn't survive was the error in the diff adjustement that provoked the instamine of 5% of the whole amount of UVC.

I came clean about that to the dev, just after I had time to analyze my log file this morning, and apologize for the error, but got no answer so far.

I know that people get stressed out during a launch. They get very sensitive. rage, and get their suspicion up very easily.
If you look at it with a little perspective, this wasn't a scam coin, and nobody tried (or at least succeeded) to steal anything.

i had to, Tongue

LOL THE MONKEY THO HAHAHAH
xmtx

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2014, 02:08:41 AM

Haha, great! Smiley
jakecrow

Activity: 224

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 02:09:58 AM

Props for coming clean about it. Mistakes happen, hardly the end of the world. Unfortunately the majority of the crypto world loves to get out their pitchforks so you get to look forward to that now Tongue.
UniversityCoin (OP)

Activity: 714
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 02:22:57 AM

Thank you for your response xmtx:

The reason we have been slow to respond following our launch is because we have become overloaded with emails and messages, and managing it all has become a bit overwhelming during the past few hours. However we are working through all the messages, getting to all the giveaways, getting to the UVC remedies for those who rented rigs last night, getting to the bounties and trying to stay awake through it all.

The entire team has completely put their lives on hold for the past few days to launch UVC. We have barely slept, eaten, seen our family or our friends. We're completely motivated to make UVC a major success, so all we ask is for people to be patient, and we will get to all the messages.

Thank you for coming clean about your mistake... If there's anyone that understands the fact that people make honest mistakes, it's us! You weren't the only pool that started mining early however, and that is on us. We now know to be very cautious and we have taken responsibility by remedying those who rented rigs last night.

However regarding the difficulty retargeting, we had three different experienced coin developers review the source before we relaunched, and they all found nothing wrong with the difficulty retargeting. Therefore, it was still our mistake by pushing the source public too early, which led to certain individuals mining before the launch creating a major instamine, but we still aren't at all trying to deflect blame, or point fingers.

We considered publishing the names of the pools that mined early, but nothing positive comes from pointing fingers. If people are still curious, they can PM us and we have no problem getting the truth out there, however blaming other people for our honest mistake is simply not our style.

We can assure everyone that this is NOT a scam coin, pump and dump coin, short-term profit driven coin, or anything of the sort. We are completely committed to this community and this project over the long-term and we guarantee that you will all be very impressed during the next few weeks.

Thanks again for your comment.

UVC Team
lvyuan95

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 02:35:03 AM

The reason we have been slow to respond following our launch is because we have become overloaded with emails and messages, and managing it all has become a bit overwhelming during the past few hours. However we are working through all the messages, getting to all the giveaways, getting to the UVC remedies for those who rented rigs last night, getting to the bounties and trying to stay awake through it all.

The entire team has completely put their lives on hold for the past few days to launch UVC. We have barely slept, eaten, seen our family or our friends. We're completely motivated to make UVC a major success, so all we ask is for people to be patient, and we will get to all the messages.

Thank you for coming clean about your mistake... If there's anyone that understands the fact that people make honest mistakes, it's us! You weren't the only pool that started mining early however, and that is on us. We now know to be very cautious and we have taken responsibility by remedying those who rented rigs last night.

However regarding the difficulty retargeting, we had three different experienced coin developers review the source before we relaunched, and they all found nothing wrong with the difficulty retargeting. Therefore, it was still our mistake by pushing the source public too early, which led to certain individuals mining before the launch creating a major instamine, but we still aren't at all trying to deflect blame, or point fingers.

We considered publishing the names of the pools that mined early, but nothing positive comes from pointing fingers. If people are still curious, they can PM us and we have no problem getting the truth out there, however blaming other people for our honest mistake is simply not our style.

We can assure everyone that this is NOT a scam coin, pump and dump coin, short-term profit driven coin, or anything of the sort. We are completely committed to this community and this project over the long-term and we guarantee that you will all be very impressed during the next few weeks.

UVC Team

+100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000
UniversityCoin (OP)

Activity: 714
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 02:38:24 AM

UniversityCoin Has Begun!
Classes are currently in session.

After one week, we will all become UniversityCoin
Alumni and will be ready to take the world by storm.

Onward and upward.
- UniversityCoin Team

WhoCaresCoins

Activity: 596
Merit: 500

F*CK WHALES!

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 02:42:04 AM

UniversityCoin Has Begun!
Classes are currently in session.

After one week, we will all become UniversityCoin
Alumni and will be ready to take the world by storm.

Onward and upward.
- UniversityCoin Team

Very beautiful University.
xmtx

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2014, 02:46:45 AM

blablabla.. coming clean.

Props for coming clean about it. Mistakes happen, hardly the end of the world. Unfortunately the majority of the crypto world loves to get out their pitchforks so you get to look forward to that now Tongue.

Thanks.
I've been on internet for too long to not know that people get overexcited very easily, and that trait get supercharged on crypto world because money is usually involved.

My goal, was mainly too give an end to the story (dev admitted their faults, I did), and starve the troll feeding on it.

As everybody can see, a relaunch took place, everything went well.

Btw, our pool is now running (I had to have the decency to delay the launch) at uvc.coins4everyone.com, and we are not stealing blocks this time Wink.
Come join if you want to help spread the hashrate.

UVC Team

Hi, my sentence about you not responding was misleading. I was implying that, as I had no response from you (and I guessed, you had other stuff to do), I decided to go public about it.

Indeed, your decision about not publishing names is pretty wise.

So the re-targeting mishap, was only due to the fact that few miners started they work too early, and the mechanism didn't like that?
Does somebody beside UniversityCoin who deserve some rest, knows a little bit more about this?

Your behavior since the announce and the launch seems to indicate that you are pretty straightforward, serious, and you DO have long term project for this coin, and I wish you good luck for its future.
Your honnesty and involvement had to do with my original post.

All I can says is that this re-launch thread seems very peacefull and productive. that's great for the coin.
lvyuan95

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 03:52:49 AM

wallet wont sync Sad added the config file in the appdata dir already

Did you download the new wallet?
lexusivan888

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 04:06:58 AM

i think we need more nodes...
on wallet only shows 1 connection
lvyuan95

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 04:14:11 AM

i think we need more nodes...
on wallet only shows 1 connection

I've got 9 on my wallet lol.

Just wait for a min
Sprite160

Activity: 281

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 04:46:43 AM

NOMP server, 1% Fee, No registration, Mine to your wallet

Globb0
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2053

Free spirit

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 05:51:11 AM

Groan I earned all of 11 coins and some people are on 200,000 a day. FML

lol
serejandmyself

Activity: 1203
Merit: 508

Manager of looking busy #citizencosmos

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2014, 06:25:53 AM

when you try to download the wallet it says :
FILE NO LONGER AVAILAIBLE

(also dont see my translation in your list guys  Huh)

Game of Links

cyber~license©
klinmaining

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 06:33:02 AM

bad coin, no skrypte also skrypt-n,x11,sha-3.... nice
Mrboot
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 06:46:28 AM

whats skrypte ? whats skrypt-n ? omg were can i get them !!!
Jacques21

Activity: 350

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 06:49:15 AM

whats skrypte ? whats skrypt-n ? omg were can i get them !!!

You can buy them from me for 0.5 BTC each or if you take them all ill give it to you for 1 BTC  Grin
jgaspar

Activity: 239

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 07:01:15 AM

You can buy them from me for 0.5 BTC each or if you take them all ill give it to you for 1 BTC  Grin

Scammer! I'm the ONLY one authorised to sell Skrypt and Skrypt-n products...do NOT buy from him..   mine is only 0.9 BTC for both  Cool
klinmaining

Activity: 98

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 07:17:33 AM

a coin and skrypt conventional algorithm and there is thus an ASIC a coin is not a coin interesting summer on the algorithm x11 there is no Asik and so people Mein not straining on the cards and this coin is a poor excuse
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... 79 »
  Print  

Jump to: