Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 07:55:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Boxing Fans... Top 10 Pound for Pound? (updated 6/16/2017) & betting discussions  (Read 6856 times)
keithers (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001

This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 04:05:40 AM

just as I expected, Mayweather clinched and ran for most of the fight to win a clear Unanimous decision.   I don't think he will fight anyone that has a legitimate chance of beating him.

The Pac-Man fight is still far fetched because Top Rank and Al Haymon will not work together, not to mention that Pac is signed to HBO whereas Mayweather is signed to Showtime.  

If either network truly cared about the fans, they would co-promote this event because they know how important this fight would be for boxing history.

I won $1200 on an undercard fight though when De La Rosa beat Alfred Angulo Smiley.  Gonna buy 2.5 more BTC with it Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Stalkhome

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 02:56:36 PM

just as I expected, Mayweather clinched and ran for most of the fight to win a clear Unanimous decision.   I don't think he will fight anyone that has a legitimate chance of beating him.

The Pac-Man fight is still far fetched because Top Rank and Al Haymon will not work together, not to mention that Pac is signed to HBO whereas Mayweather is signed to Showtime. 

If either network truly cared about the fans, they would co-promote this event because they know how important this fight would be for boxing history.

I won $1200 on an undercard fight though when De La Rosa beat Alfred Angulo Smiley.  Gonna buy 2.5 more BTC with it Smiley

I really hate it when Mayweather plays and I hate it when Showtime always praise Mauyweather. He doesnt know how to fight!! He actually ran the entire fight. shhhiiii.. And the ref said "stop" more than Mayweather landed a "punch"...

I really want pacman to fight mayweather at his own terms. I dont care if he doesnt get enough, I just want Mayweather to f up and he can stop whining.
keithers (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 03:23:15 PM

just as I expected, Mayweather clinched and ran for most of the fight to win a clear Unanimous decision.   I don't think he will fight anyone that has a legitimate chance of beating him.

I really hate it when Mayweather plays and I hate it when Showtime always praise Mauyweather. He doesnt know how to fight!! He actually ran the entire fight. shhhiiii.. And the ref said "stop" more than Mayweather landed a "punch"...

I really want pacman to fight mayweather at his own terms. I dont care if he doesnt get enough, I just want Mayweather to f up and he can stop whining.

GGG also said hed be more than happy to come down to 154 to face Money, but i dont think mayweather would have any part of that fight. Mayweather is at a point of his career where he wont take any unecessary risks. I guess you really cant blame him. He makes 30+ mill a fight against people he hand picks
jontrue

Activity: 704
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 05:46:14 PM

My favorite boxers:

1. Joe Louis
2. Mohammad Ali
3. Sugar Ray Robinso
4. Jack Johnson
5. Jack Dempsey
keithers (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 06:15:47 PM

My favorite boxers:

1. Joe Louis
2. Mohammad Ali
3. Sugar Ray Robinso
4. Jack Johnson
5. Jack Dempsey

Unfortunately all of those fighters were before my time Sad   I wish i would have been around for all of them.

What are your guy's favorite mythical matchups?

I would love to see:

Mike Tyson (in his prime) vs.  Foreman or Ali (in their prime)
Mayweather Jr vs Sugar Ray Leonard
Mayweather Jr vs Thomas Hearns

Obviously Mayweather vs. Pac Man in 2009 when they were both at the top of their games...
btx.chn

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 10:43:14 AM

Give me one pound for pound great who run in the ring like Mayweather? Give me a legendary who covers his too much like Mayweather? Give me an all time great who clinched so much like Mayweather.

Let me sum it up:

Mayweather Stats:

Total clinch in Maidana fight - 50
Total meters covered in Maidana fight - 500m

The man doesnt know how to fight! He covers, he always run, he clinches a lot! Bayless said "STOP" more than the punches of Mayweather. I couldnt believe he won that fight.
keithers (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 05:54:07 PM

Canelo Alvarez bounced from Showtime, and signed a multi fight deal with HBO.   He and Oscar are now saying that they are going to fight Mayweather to take back the May date from him.   Mayweather has always fought on the two big Mexican National Holiday weekends, and Canelo wants to reclaim those dates.

Mayweather is still a much bigger draw than Canelo, but if Canelo were to sign to fight Cotto, the only way Mayweather could match his numbers would be to fight Pac Man.   This is going to get interesting...
keithers (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 05:29:24 PM

GGG vs. Marco Antonio Rubio at the Stub Hub Center in Carson California this Saturday!    I will be there, I am really excited for this fight actually.   It is Golovkin's first fight on the west coast, since all of his fights have been at Madison Square Garden.

GGG's promoter is hoping that if he wins on Saturday, he will be in line to fight the winner of a potential Canelo vs. Cotto.   I think Canelo might have the guts to get in the ring with GGG, but I don't think Cotto would fight him...
keithers (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 10:55:56 PM

not many great fight panned out in 2014 due to the handy work of Al Haymon.   Hopefully 2015 is better, and Pac vs Mayweather finally gets made (even though it isn't close to as good as it would have been 4 years ago0
RixDollar

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 05:09:17 PM

Mayweather and Pacqiuiao HAVE to fight this year.

NO MORE EXCUSES!

I agree it won't be as good as a few years ago, but both will be up for it.

This needs to be settled in the ring.
keithers (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 07:00:48 AM

Mayweather and Pacqiuiao HAVE to fight this year.

NO MORE EXCUSES!

I agree it won't be as good as a few years ago, but both will be up for it.

This needs to be settled in the ring.

As much as I want pac to win, I think mayweather picks him apart. I think mayweather is afraid to fight him because he thinks he might lose, but if he does end up fighting him, I'm pretty sure he wins a clear decision
keithers (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 21, 2015, 12:13:35 AM

Mayweather vs Pacman is officially going to happen!!!
Professor Plums

Activity: 105
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 21, 2015, 08:23:29 AM

I wonder what was taking Floyd so long? I was starting to think he was scared of having his first loss. I think he'll win though, but I might put some money on a draw as the odds are great at the moment 22/1.
keithers (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 22, 2015, 08:31:09 PM

I wonder what was taking Floyd so long? I was starting to think he was scared of having his first loss. I think he'll win though, but I might put some money on a draw as the odds are great at the moment 22/1.

I think Floyd knew that Pac would probably beat him 5 years ago. Now hes the clear favorite. He is the master at knowing when to fight people when they are past their prime, but still have a huge name.

GGG fight was really good yesterday. He is going to carry the sport when mayweather and pac are gone
keithers (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 22, 2015, 08:32:02 PM

I already booked my room in Vegas for the may 2nd weekend Smiley
TotalShift

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 23, 2015, 01:53:22 AM

I'm very happy this fight happen at last. My money is on Pacquiao. Mayweather has soft punches and fragile hands.
keithers (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 23, 2015, 05:33:09 AM

I'm very happy this fight happen at last. My money is on Pacquiao. Mayweather has soft punches and fragile hands.

I already put money on pac as 2.5 to 1 underdog
keithers (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 10:23:28 PM

Anybody have any thoughts on betting Ward vs. Kovalev 2 on Saturday night?   

IMO, Kovalev clearly won the first fight with the knockdown and potentially sweeping the first 6 rounds of the fight, as well as clearly winning round 10.

Both are on a mission.   My gut is saying that Ward is going to make the necessary adjustments and win a decision, but I would love to see a Kovalev knockout.

It bothers me that Ward is going around acting like he clearly won the fight, when I believe he knows deep down that he didn't win the first one.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: