Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 12:00:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 [207] 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 ... 402 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [NAUT] Nautiluscoin - First Coin w/Stabilization Fund - Digishield  (Read 901793 times)
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1530

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2014, 11:08:35 PM

Haven't checked for a while, any news from Blocktech?

Cheers!

iXcoin - Welcome to the F U T U R E!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Doging

Activity: 1036
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 11:22:16 PM

Haven't checked for a while, any news from Blocktech?

Cheers!

BK said the website is being updated now in preparation for POS.

.Minter.                       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                  ▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄
               ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
            ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
          ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
         ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓▄   ▀▓▀   ▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
     ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▄     ▄▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ╟▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▄ ▄▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ║▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
       ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
         ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
           ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
             ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
                ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀
                     ▀▀██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▀▀
||

╓▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒
▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌        ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▀╜        ╙▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌                       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▓▓▓▓▓          ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓⌐         ▓▓▓▓▓         ╣▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▀█▀▀^         ╫▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌                      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                     ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                 #▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
 ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
WALLET

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█
brookefinancial

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 11:38:08 PM

I find this coin very interesting on a financial point of view. How to you guys reduces volatility on the market?

It seems to be working very well because the altcoin market is getting burned right now and NautilsCoin is pretty strong.

We could see a small correction from "Profit Taking" but I bought at 16K recently now 17K. The chart is very healthy in these conditions.

3D Printing and Bitcoin, that's pretty cool.
BTCrawl

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 11:47:14 PM

I find this coin very interesting on a financial point of view. How to you guys reduces volatility on the market?

It seems to be working very well because the altcoin market is getting burned right now and NautilsCoin is pretty strong.

We could see a small correction from "Profit Taking" but I bought at 16K recently now 17K. The chart is very healthy in these conditions.

BK created a stability fund by pre-mining a number of coins, and selling a portion of them at a fairly high price. He's now using it to trade to reduce volatility, without taking any of the profits out. He's having a trading bot built to automate the process, and will release it after we switch to PoS. It's a classic Wall Street technique to prevent flash crashes etc, and it will work much, much better under PoS since we're dealing with a huge inflation right now.

It's one of the things that makes Nautiluscoin truly unique in my opinion, as it's not something that can be easily copied. Most people are not going to take a large sum of money and use it purely to stabilize the price, when they can just as easily run away with it. BK of course can't do that due to him having a reputation to protect, and since almost everyone in crypto are anonymous they can't build up the trust needed to make it effective.
brookefinancial

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 11:55:38 PM

BK created a stability fund by pre-mining a number of coins, and selling a portion of them at a fairly high price. He's now using it to trade to reduce volatility, without taking any of the profits out. He's having a trading bot built to automate the process, and will release it after we switch to PoS. It's a classic Wall Street technique to prevent flash crashes etc, and it will work much, much better under PoS since we're dealing with a huge inflation right now.

It's one of the things that makes Nautiluscoin truly unique in my opinion, as it's not something that can be easily copied. Most people are not going to take a large sum of money and use it purely to stabilize the price, when they can just as easily run away with it. BK of course can't do that due to him having a reputation to protect, and since almost everyone in crypto are anonymous they can't build up the trust needed to make it effective.

So if I'm not mistaken the trading bot is not build yet there is actually some traders "on the floor" making sure the price remains stable?

I suppose the lack of a "trading bot" can explain the little shakeout in july. It actually makes a very good H&S Bottom with the trading volume at the right place.

Doging

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 12:03:46 AM

The sustained support is starting to put peoples minds at rest. I wasn't even worried when bitcoin tanked today.

▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄
                ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀
                     ▀▀██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▀▀
||

WALLET

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█
BTCrawl

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 12:06:01 AM

So if I'm not mistaken the trading bot is not build yet there is actually some traders "on the floor" making sure the price remains stable?

I suppose the lack of a "trading bot" can explain the little shakeout in july. It actually makes a very good H&S Bottom with the trading volume at the right place.

Yup it's run by BK and his financial team right now. I do think the shakeout was due to delays with the PoS transition though. The previous dev kept promising deadlines that he couldn't deliver, so BK finally terminated his contract and hired Blocktech instead. I can't remember exactly, but I think it was the delays and miners dumping that caused the pricedrop more than anything. Now that BK is working with Blocktech it's a different story, and people are buying in again. Most of the big players have already taken their positions a long time ago though, so we're not seeing crazy volume right now.

Once we get the PoS switch (which will hopefully be soon!) we'll reduce the inflation from around 1% daily to somewhere around 2% a year! It will also fix the slow transaction times. From what I hear BK and Blocktech is also working on a rather unique variation of PoS, so that might give Nautiluscoin a technical, rather than purely economical, selling point.

Personally I expect a huge influx of buyers when they finally get it going, and almost all of the really good traders I've talked to say the same thing. I really think Nautiluscoin will be THE altcoin this year, similarly to how Litecoin was last year.
brookefinancial

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 12:08:51 AM

The sustained support is starting to put peoples minds at rest. I wasn't even worried when bitcoin tanked today.

Exactly, that's what drew my attention. The leadership against the other cryptocurrencies. I'm okay (for the moment) because I'm into Supercoin, one of the strongest crypto lately with Nautilus in term of charts.

But I like the fact that this cryptocurrency is run by someone who understand finance. 90% of cryptos are run by geeks who try to scam people.

This could actually be a long-term holding. And this is a huge statement in this market.

brookefinancial

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 12:14:12 AM

Yup it's run by BK and his financial team right now. I do think the shakeout was due to delays with the PoS transition though. The previous dev kept promising deadlines that he couldn't deliver, so BK finally terminated his contract and hired Blocktech instead. I can't remember exactly, but I think it was the delays and miners dumping that caused the pricedrop more than anything. Now that BK is working with Blocktech it's a different story, and people are buying in again. Most of the big players have already taken their positions a long time ago though, so we're not seeing crazy volume right now.

Once we get the PoS switch (which will hopefully be soon!) we'll reduce the inflation from around 1% daily to somewhere around 2% a year! It will also fix the slow transaction times. From what I hear BK and Blocktech is also working on a rather unique variation of PoS, so that might give Nautiluscoin a technical, rather than purely economical, selling point.

Personally I expect a huge influx of buyers when they finally get it going, and almost all of the really good traders I've talked to say the same thing. I really think Nautiluscoin will be THE altcoin this year, similarly to how Litecoin was last year.

When are you guys expecting the PoS switch, it looks like they've been talking about for a long time (in crypto time)?

Is there some deadline, road map, updates recently?

Doging

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 12:23:32 AM

Exactly, that's what drew my attention. The leadership against the other cryptocurrencies. I'm okay (for the moment) because I'm into Supercoin, one of the strongest crypto lately with Nautilus in term of charts.

But I like the fact that this cryptocurrency is run by someone who understand finance. 90% of cryptos are run by geeks who try to scam people.

This could actually be a long-term holding. And this is a huge statement in this market.

I've been in NAUT for months and bought every dip. I think this is a long-term hold because I go days without checking the price & I haven't done that since I was in DRK.

▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄
                ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀
                     ▀▀██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▀▀
||

WALLET

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█
BTCrawl

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 12:24:12 AM

When are you guys expecting the PoS switch, it looks like they've been talking about for a long time (in crypto time)?

Is there some deadline, road map, updates recently?
BK hasn't wanted to give a set deadline, to make sure that what is released is 100% tried and tested. He did however post today that they're building a new website, and he thinks PoS will be ready before then. So I guess it depends on how fast his team is on building websites!  Cheesy

Also a lot of traders who know Bryce Weiner (the head developer) personally have started to talk about Naut a lot on Twitter and IRC these last few days. Putting these two together I would guess it's pretty close, but again there's nothing definite yet. I think BK said he wanted to under-promise and over-deliver Smiley
IncreaseMyT

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2014, 01:32:03 AM

if your waiting for POS to get some naut, your gonna miss the boat.
brookefinancial

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 01:55:24 AM

I already started accumulating I'm just wondering if they are still going to talk about it in 1 month.

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1530

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2014, 04:25:38 AM

I already started accumulating I'm just wondering if they are still going to talk about it in 1 month.

BK is a deep pocket guy with a rep to uphold so I doubt he's gonna let NAUT die in a month.

iXcoin - Welcome to the F U T U R E!
Lord Of The Internet

Activity: 204

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 05:50:57 AM

i've been in this thread a while (in crypto time) and was very impatient for PoS  ... especially during the july dip that looked like a deathspiral at the time.

but now, i think it really will be soon.  If i had to guess, i'd say PoS will be implemented by the end of august, at least.

brianbbad

Activity: 423

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 06:02:40 AM

i've been in this thread a while (in crypto time) and was very impatient for PoS  ... especially during the july dip that looked like a deathspiral at the time.

but now, i think it really will be soon.  If i had to guess, i'd say PoS will be implemented by the end of august, at least.

I'm inclined to believe someone named Lord of the Internet  Cool  Seriously though, I've got about 25k NAUT and I won't be loosening my grip anytime soon.
Lord Of The Internet

Activity: 204

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 06:17:17 AM

hahah.

yes, 25k is a good amount.  anyone selling now deserves to get slapped.

FlyingMongoose

Activity: 238

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 09:29:13 AM
Last edit: August 14, 2014, 09:41:38 AM by FlyingMongoose

BK is a deep pocket guy with a rep to uphold so I doubt he's gonna let NAUT die in a month.

I sure hope people keep talking about it in one month. otherwise I'd be wasting my time on what I'm doing. But hopefully it should help support the coin.  I personally agree with long term hold because. Well I have been accumulating since day one.  As of right now no matter where the coin sits I'm all profit (since when i was mining I wasn't paying for power.) I don't have a whole lot but I like where I'm at.
Another benefit to BK is his presence on CNBC.  He talks about NAUT every chance he gets on there. This often helps provide outside investment.

Don't forget to vote
http://www.btc38.com/trade/vote_for_trade.html
https://bter.com/voting
https://hitbtc.com/vote
https://www.swaphole.com/#!voting
http://www.betbycoin.com/coinvotes/

To Do:
Release Proof of Stake Wallet - Being Worked on by Blocktech
Mobile Wallet App - (Doesn't NEED to stake, but would be nice).
Multipool
Official block explorer - The NautInsight one is nice, but it's not marked as official (it wouldn't hurt to have that block explorer moved to the nautiluscoin domain)
Video(s) - Make Nautiluscoin promo videos!
Website update - Front page update being done prior to proof of stake
Come up with more plans to get naut into the hands of more people and more in the public eye
Setup public bounty donation wallet

- Nautiluscoin Community Manager
 - - Note that much of my posts are my own observations and opinions and not necessarily representative of Nautiluscoin itself.

qoinpro.com/951c974b34f66cc68e805832df0c9d8c
Doging

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 09:52:08 AM

It might be time to focus on the multipool. Would love to have that ready for launch.

▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄
                ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀
                     ▀▀██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▀▀
||

WALLET

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█
FlyingMongoose

Activity: 238

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 09:56:58 AM

It might be time to focus on the multipool. Would love to have that ready for launch.

Honestly if I were a multipool provider.  Such as Hashcows or similar.  I would have added NAUT payouts long ago.  The stuck blocks have been making it worthwhile for...  Well months now. But that's just me.

qoinpro.com/951c974b34f66cc68e805832df0c9d8c
Pages: « 1 ... 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 [207] 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 ... 402 »
  Print  

Jump to: